Company Comes Up With 'Hybrid' Hamburger

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ST. LOUIS (AP) - What's a health-conscious burger lover to do? The real thing tends to have too many calories and too much fat, but meatless burgers seem to lack the flavor and consistency of real beef.
St. Louis-based Solae LLC has come up with a solution, a patent-pending invention called SoleCina that involves both the process and the ingredients to produce either a "hybrid" meat _ part soy, part real meat _ or a completely meatless food that tastes like chicken, beef, pork or turkey.
Rest of Story

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
there is another option, its called lean ground beef and its not bad, has to be better then soy anything

Customizer

Black Star Labs
Awards
a health conscious burger lover should just get grass fed beef and not worry about it

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
Can you say Turkey Burgers? ahh, that will only last so long.

Isn't buffalo rather lean as well?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Game meat is the nearly ideal form of protein with very low levels of saturated fat and decent levels of CLA. Grass fed beef..aka Angus..is a close second.

This new stuff sounds like some nightmare reject from hotdog factory, lol.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I eat deadpeople. (said in a whisper)

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Good! As a misanthrope, I'll happily do my part to thin the herd.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
SOILENT GREEN ITS PEOPLE ITS PEOPLE!!!!

Lean white tail, mule deer, any deer, elk, caribou, and buffalo are all lean healthy meats. 100% the best protein.

Aside from my 17g Protein per tablespoon. I call it... Got Ripped Juice?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I'm hoping to get drawn fo either elk or buffalo this year. I hope, I hope i hope :food:

BMW

Awards
  • Established
those little jimmy dean sausages are really pig penises...

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I got drawn for elk and didn't get to go B/c of prior contracts. BS! BS!
never get drawn for it again as it is a once-in-a-lifetime thing.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I got drawn for elk AND deer 2 years ago, but we had a freak snowstorm the day before each season started and I don't have a 4x4 so I was pretty much screwed.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yes indeed. Draw hunts are very nice and enjoyable. As most often they are fish-n-barrel hunts.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Well here in AZ we have no over the counter tags for big game..it's all lottery.

massmonster

Awards
  • Established
That really sucks. Everybody registered in MO gets a go, plus there is a draw for bonus tags.
Well here in AZ we have no over the counter tags for big game..it's all lottery.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, it's pretty unfair since most of the tags go to guys in Phoenix and Tucson. Those of us who live in the small mountain towns and who actually put up with elk all year long in our gardens and on the highway get short changed IMO. Of course, if you nail one on the highway it's yours :twisted:

I might have to buy an old beater pickup just for that purpose. lol