Sweet Revenge (it's in the brain)

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Men are more likely than women to be pleased when bad guys get their comeuppance, according to a University College London study. Scientists took MRI scans of subjects participating in a simple Prisoner's Dilemma game, in which players can either cooperate with or double-cross each other. The scans revealed that when known traitors were punished with an electric shock, primitive reward areas in men's brains lit up.

Source: June 2006 Popular Science Magazine

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
YEah, seeing an ******* get what he deserves makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.:)

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
It's interesting to think about the evolutionary processes which would shape the male brain to react in this way.

Last edited:
BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
It's interesting tot hink about the evolutionary processes which would shape the male brain to react in this way.
I saw this nature show on TV the other night, "Relentless Enemies" about the conflct between lions and water buffalo. There was this one scene where the lion pride was trying to take down the old bull that was the head of the buffalo herd. He fought off like 4-5 lions but was injuried, and other buffalo were trying to gore the lions to save their bull.

Amazingly, he fought the lions off and made it back to the herd, only to have his rival, a younger bull, attack him and bring him to the ground to finally be killed and eaten by the lions.

Being a **** ing ******* is obviously a geneticly programmed behavior the pervades the animal kingdom. Human beings are just a prime example.

BV

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I saw this nature show on TV the other night, "Relentless Enemies" about the conflct between lions and water buffalo. There was this one scene where the lion pride was trying to take down the old bull that was the head of the buffalo herd. He fought off like 4-5 lions but was injuried, and other buffalo were trying to gore the lions to save their bull.
Interesting......(wanders off to think....)