Coach, principals cleared in creatine controversy

1. Registered User

Thumbs down Coach, principals cleared in creatine controversy

Coach, principals cleared in creatine controversy
    Lucy Owen
    Of the Suburban Journals
    Jefferson County Journal
    Sunday, May. 07 2006

Two Hillsboro High School administrators and the football coach have been cleared of allegations they allowed football players to use nutritional supplements on school grounds.

The allegations led to the dismissals of Principal Cheryl Aylesworth, Assistant Principal Al Boulicault, and football coach Mike Genge, whose contracts were not renewed by the school board in March.

Superintendent Randy Charles said Tuesday that two of the three have been rehired by the board, which had voted 4-1 on March 20 not to renew their contracts. Voting to oust the trio were George Engelbach, Jason Law, Charles "Bo" Harrison and Rich Sanders. Two other board members did not attend that
    meeting.

During the April 24 meeting, members voted 6-1 to rehire Aylesworth, with Harrison as the lone no vote. The board voted 4-3 to rehire Genge, with Harrison, Sanders, and Ed Kriska voting no.

Boulicault's contract was not renewed, but his name was cleared of allegations that he allowed the use of nutritional supplements.

A statement by Charles on behalf of the board said Aylesworth, Boulicault and Genge "have not committed any misconduct with respect to nutritional supplements and any possible use thereof by students… Said individuals have not been considered by the board to have in anyway permitted or participated in any
    presence or use of nutritional supplements at the school."

Before the April 4 election, four board members voted not to renew the contracts of the principals and coach because they believed those individuals had promoted or allowed the use of the supplement creatine. The administrators said there were no rules or actions banning the substances from the school and
    asked the board to create one, but the board never did.

Creatine is banned by the Missouri State High School Activities Association as a performance enhancing substance.

The controversy led to a student walkout in March after the board decision was announced and shook up the April election. Two of the four board members who voted to oust the coach and administrators, Engelbach and Law, were not reelected.

After the election, newly elected board members said they would review the previous board's decision and revote on contract renewals for Genge, Aylesworth and Boulicault. However, voting was delayed when the trio threatened to take legal action against the school board if their names were not cleared.

2. Banned

i do not even know what to say, creatine is banned as a perforance enhancing substance? are these ****ers aware how much creatine is in a piece of steak?

absolutely unbelievable
  3. Registered User

Creatine hysteria in the heartland.
    •   

4. Board Supporter

I just want to bash some heads in right now, must be the roid rage kicking in from too much creatine, you know thats a side effect, didnt you? along with your **** falling off, both happened to a friend of mine.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.

That is soooo gay. I had a HOOYGE yub of Cell-Tech (I know...I was young) in my locker almost entirely throughout HS.
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.

This is hilarious.
  7. Registered User

Ignorance running wild in school. Oh the irony. Doesn't the school have a nutrionalist or doctor with background to substatiate the coaches claims?
  8. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

the coaches need to file a discrimination lawsuit against the school because they are selling protein in the lunch room.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Well my doctor things that creatine is a steroid(old doc).
  10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by yeahright
    Creatine hysteria in the heartland.
    You'd figure with the Meth problem there, creatine and other supplements would be the least of their worries...apparently not. Things that make you go
  11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UHCougar05
    You'd figure with the Meth problem there, creatine and other supplements would be the least of their worries...apparently not. Things that make you go
    Yes, that is quite odd....but I'm sure it made everyone feel good to ban this dangerous performance enhancing substance.
  12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    Well my doctor things that creatine is a steroid(old doc).
    Thats pretty dense for being a doctor and all. I mean didnt they have "intro to endocrinology" or something, back when he went to school? That's embarassing to put it nicely.
  13. Registered User

It sounds like it's not totally the school boards ignorance. But also the state's ignorance. They passed a law forbiding nutritional supps in school.

I cant imagine why something like passing a law could be allowed to be accomplished with so little look-see in to the matter in wich they are making a change about. All these unhealthy kids w/ abysmal dietary habits, alot of them smokers and rec drug users, and they want to focus on ridding the school's of things that could improve the health of their students.
    O.M.Mother.F'n.G! What the hell are they thinking? Stuff thats found in food! And stuff that most kids probably dont eat enough of to boot.
    Protien, creatine, amino acids. Are vitamins and minerals banned too?

Why dont they just ban vaccinations, nurse/doctor visits, bandaids, water, winter coats and cough drops, and anything else that might improve or stabalize the health of the students. Drinking water will improve the performance of a half dead from dehydration kid. Better ban it, or they might be well nourished enough to stand up in gym class.
  14. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UnicronSpawn
    It sounds like it's not totally the school boards ignorance. But also the state's ignorance. They passed a law forbiding nutritional supps in school.

I cant imagine why something like passing a law could be allowed to be accomplished with so little look-see in to the matter in wich they are making a change about. All these unhealthy kids w/ abysmal dietary habits, alot of them smokers and rec drug users, and they want to focus on ridding the school's of things that could improve the health of their students.
    O.M.Mother.F'n.G! What the hell are they thinking? Stuff thats found in food! And stuff that most kids probably dont eat enough of to boot.
    Protien, creatine, amino acids. Are vitamins and minerals banned too?

Why dont they just ban vaccinations, nurse/doctor visits, bandaids, water, winter coats and cough drops, and anything else that might improve or stabalize the health of the students. Drinking water will improve the performance of a half dead from dehydration kid. Better ban it, or they might be well nourished enough to stand up in gym class.

If it's not mentioned in the Old Testament, then it's an afront to God's will.
  15. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rampage jackson
    That is soooo gay. I had a HOOYGE yub of Cell-Tech (I know...I was young) in my locker almost entirely throughout HS.
    hehee. that's pretty funny. the way you stated it. man. celltech was the single most painfully sweet tasting drink i've ever drank in my life. it tasted like pouring down 12 packets of sugar into a 250ml cup of water, mixing and forcing the whole thing down. uggghhhh.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by phasar
    hehee. that's pretty funny. the way you stated it. man. celltech was the single most painfully sweet tasting drink i've ever drank in my life. it tasted like pouring down 12 packets of sugar into a 250ml cup of water, mixing and forcing the whole thing down. uggghhhh.
    and to top it off, both my burps and farts smelled like rotten eggs the whole time I was "on" it.
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Sugar in creatine
    By azbetterman in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-08-2011, 12:11 AM
  2. Will Brink claiming "there's AAS in creatine supps"
    By muscl3s in forum Supplements
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-31-2010, 08:44 PM
  3. parent-coach decks kid in pop warner game
    By lifthardheavy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-09-2006, 09:30 PM
  4. Vioxx Cleared in Heartattack Case
    By BigVrunga in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-04-2005, 04:29 PM
  5. ala to decreas dextrose in creatine transport?
    By cookmic5 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2003, 07:24 PM