Coach, principals cleared in creatine controversy

  1. Elite Member
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,368
    Rep Power
    10346
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    98.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Thumbs down Coach, principals cleared in creatine controversy


    Coach, principals cleared in creatine controversy
    Lucy Owen
    Of the Suburban Journals
    Jefferson County Journal
    Sunday, May. 07 2006

    Two Hillsboro High School administrators and the football coach have been cleared of allegations they allowed football players to use nutritional supplements on school grounds.

    The allegations led to the dismissals of Principal Cheryl Aylesworth, Assistant Principal Al Boulicault, and football coach Mike Genge, whose contracts were not renewed by the school board in March.

    Superintendent Randy Charles said Tuesday that two of the three have been rehired by the board, which had voted 4-1 on March 20 not to renew their contracts. Voting to oust the trio were George Engelbach, Jason Law, Charles "Bo" Harrison and Rich Sanders. Two other board members did not attend that
    meeting.

    During the April 24 meeting, members voted 6-1 to rehire Aylesworth, with Harrison as the lone no vote. The board voted 4-3 to rehire Genge, with Harrison, Sanders, and Ed Kriska voting no.

    Boulicault's contract was not renewed, but his name was cleared of allegations that he allowed the use of nutritional supplements.

    A statement by Charles on behalf of the board said Aylesworth, Boulicault and Genge "have not committed any misconduct with respect to nutritional supplements and any possible use thereof by students… Said individuals have not been considered by the board to have in anyway permitted or participated in any
    presence or use of nutritional supplements at the school."

    Before the April 4 election, four board members voted not to renew the contracts of the principals and coach because they believed those individuals had promoted or allowed the use of the supplement creatine. The administrators said there were no rules or actions banning the substances from the school and
    asked the board to create one, but the board never did.

    Creatine is banned by the Missouri State High School Activities Association as a performance enhancing substance.


    The controversy led to a student walkout in March after the board decision was announced and shook up the April election. Two of the four board members who voted to oust the coach and administrators, Engelbach and Law, were not reelected.

    After the election, newly elected board members said they would review the previous board's decision and revote on contract renewals for Genge, Aylesworth and Boulicault. However, voting was delayed when the trio threatened to take legal action against the school board if their names were not cleared.

  2. Banned
    jomi822's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,419
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    52.43%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    i do not even know what to say, creatine is banned as a perforance enhancing substance? are these ****ers aware how much creatine is in a piece of steak?

    absolutely unbelievable
  3. Elite Member
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,368
    Rep Power
    10346
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    98.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Creatine hysteria in the heartland.
    •   
       

  4. Board Supporter
    snakebyte05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,538
    Rep Power
    901
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    85.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I just want to bash some heads in right now, must be the roid rage kicking in from too much creatine, you know thats a side effect, didnt you? along with your **** falling off, both happened to a friend of mine.
  5. Senior Member
    rampage jackson's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,255
    Rep Power
    755
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    62.87%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    That is soooo gay. I had a HOOYGE yub of Cell-Tech (I know...I was young) in my locker almost entirely throughout HS.
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative
  6. New Member
    Barbell500's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    128
    Rep Power
    170
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    99.36%

    This is hilarious.
  7. Senior Member
    Viperspit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,766
    Rep Power
    1001
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    75.06%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Ignorance running wild in school. Oh the irony. Doesn't the school have a nutrionalist or doctor with background to substatiate the coaches claims?
  8. Board Supporter
    wastedwhiteboy2's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,990
    Rep Power
    3015
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    59.16%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    the coaches need to file a discrimination lawsuit against the school because they are selling protein in the lunch room.
  9. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11681
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    47.75%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Well my doctor things that creatine is a steroid(old doc).
  10. Senior Member
    UHCougar05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,226
    Rep Power
    739
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    44.87%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahright
    Creatine hysteria in the heartland.
    You'd figure with the Meth problem there, creatine and other supplements would be the least of their worries...apparently not. Things that make you go
  11. Elite Member
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,368
    Rep Power
    10346
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    98.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by UHCougar05
    You'd figure with the Meth problem there, creatine and other supplements would be the least of their worries...apparently not. Things that make you go
    Yes, that is quite odd....but I'm sure it made everyone feel good to ban this dangerous performance enhancing substance.
  12. Advanced Member
    UnicronSpawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    781
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    5.81%

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    Well my doctor things that creatine is a steroid(old doc).
    Thats pretty dense for being a doctor and all. I mean didnt they have "intro to endocrinology" or something, back when he went to school? That's embarassing to put it nicely.
  13. Advanced Member
    UnicronSpawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    781
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    5.81%

    It sounds like it's not totally the school boards ignorance. But also the state's ignorance. They passed a law forbiding nutritional supps in school.

    I cant imagine why something like passing a law could be allowed to be accomplished with so little look-see in to the matter in wich they are making a change about. All these unhealthy kids w/ abysmal dietary habits, alot of them smokers and rec drug users, and they want to focus on ridding the school's of things that could improve the health of their students.
    O.M.Mother.F'n.G! What the hell are they thinking? Stuff thats found in food! And stuff that most kids probably dont eat enough of to boot.
    Protien, creatine, amino acids. Are vitamins and minerals banned too?

    Why dont they just ban vaccinations, nurse/doctor visits, bandaids, water, winter coats and cough drops, and anything else that might improve or stabalize the health of the students. Drinking water will improve the performance of a half dead from dehydration kid. Better ban it, or they might be well nourished enough to stand up in gym class.
  14. Elite Member
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,368
    Rep Power
    10346
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    98.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by UnicronSpawn
    It sounds like it's not totally the school boards ignorance. But also the state's ignorance. They passed a law forbiding nutritional supps in school.

    I cant imagine why something like passing a law could be allowed to be accomplished with so little look-see in to the matter in wich they are making a change about. All these unhealthy kids w/ abysmal dietary habits, alot of them smokers and rec drug users, and they want to focus on ridding the school's of things that could improve the health of their students.
    O.M.Mother.F'n.G! What the hell are they thinking? Stuff thats found in food! And stuff that most kids probably dont eat enough of to boot.
    Protien, creatine, amino acids. Are vitamins and minerals banned too?

    Why dont they just ban vaccinations, nurse/doctor visits, bandaids, water, winter coats and cough drops, and anything else that might improve or stabalize the health of the students. Drinking water will improve the performance of a half dead from dehydration kid. Better ban it, or they might be well nourished enough to stand up in gym class.

    If it's not mentioned in the Old Testament, then it's an afront to God's will.
  15. New Member
    phasar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    327
    Rep Power
    280
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    8.61%

    Quote Originally Posted by rampage jackson
    That is soooo gay. I had a HOOYGE yub of Cell-Tech (I know...I was young) in my locker almost entirely throughout HS.
    hehee. that's pretty funny. the way you stated it. man. celltech was the single most painfully sweet tasting drink i've ever drank in my life. it tasted like pouring down 12 packets of sugar into a 250ml cup of water, mixing and forcing the whole thing down. uggghhhh.
  16. Senior Member
    rampage jackson's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,255
    Rep Power
    755
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    62.87%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by phasar
    hehee. that's pretty funny. the way you stated it. man. celltech was the single most painfully sweet tasting drink i've ever drank in my life. it tasted like pouring down 12 packets of sugar into a 250ml cup of water, mixing and forcing the whole thing down. uggghhhh.
    and to top it off, both my burps and farts smelled like rotten eggs the whole time I was "on" it.
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Sugar in creatine
    By azbetterman in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-08-2011, 02:11 AM
  2. Will Brink claiming "there's AAS in creatine supps"
    By muscl3s in forum Supplements
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-31-2010, 10:44 PM
  3. parent-coach decks kid in pop warner game
    By lifthardheavy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-09-2006, 11:30 PM
  4. Vioxx Cleared in Heartattack Case
    By BigVrunga in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-04-2005, 06:29 PM
  5. ala to decreas dextrose in creatine transport?
    By cookmic5 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2003, 09:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in