FDA Approves Growth Hormone

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

FDA Approves Growth Hormone

WASHINGTON - The Food and Drug Administration issued its long-awaited decision on a new human growth product with an approval, but at the same time stressed that this action doesn't set a precedent for other biological medicines.

Approval of Omnitrope, made by Sandoz, was announced Tuesday in a statement on the FDA's Web site.

Omnitrope, also known as somatropin, is a hormone used to treat growth disorders in children and adults.

It is made using recombinant DNA technology, and the approval noted that Omnitrope is considered a follow-on product, meaning it is so similar to other products already approved that the safety and efficacy data for those products could be considered in approving the new version.

Rest of the Story

2. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk

I love how all the press releases say "Sandoz" as if that's a company. Sandoz is the generics division of Novartis Pharmaceuticals.

This means good news for those in the market for GH. The prices will start coming down now.
  3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nullifidian
    I love how all the press releases say "Sandoz" as if that's a company. Sandoz is the generics division of Novartis Pharmaceuticals.

This means good news for those in the market for GH. The prices will start coming down now.
    How soon would you expect? 6 months or 6 years? THANKS
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.

MMMM Growth Hormone...I want a pumpkin grill
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative
  5. Board Supporter

Generic HGH is already pretty cheap. BTW would it really be a pumkin grill if you had bowlin ball shoulders, armourplated pecs, football sized biceps, triceps that hung like loaves of frenchbread, and tree trunk legs?

Sorry for the french bread comparison, believe it or not I read it somewhere else. It had to be repeated.
  6. Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by wideguy
    Generic HGH is already pretty cheap.
    If you are in the know on where to get it, some are not that are interested though.
  7. Registered User

I just paid a crapload for Somatatropin today. The article discusses Somatropin. I wonder how closely related these are.. At any cost, I wonder if my Somatatropin will cost less soon...
  8. Registered User

I wonder how far down they will come.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

cheaper than gas probably
  10. Gold Member

cheaper than gas probably
    Doesn't take much!!
  11. Registered User

Hey, crazy question, but does this mean that one day in our future there'll be Hgh pills down at Walmart...?
  12. Banned

It's unlikely you'll EVER see GH pills anywhere ever since it can't be taken orally.

HOWEVER, the FDA approving generic GH is the first step towards decriminalizing it. That combined with more brands to chose from on the market and it translates to GREATLY reduced price. Currently the price of GH is largely influenced by how heavily it is controlled and regulated.
  13. Registered User

http://ajpendo.physiology.org/cgi/co...ull/279/3/E501

Certain Fragments may be. Looks like AOD-9401 is.

"These t1/2 values indicate that the structure of the peptide was reasonably stable in the presence of trypsin and pepsin, the two major gastrointestinal enzymes in the digestive tract of the body. These findings are supported by our observation that AOD-9401 is detected in rat plasma 30 min after oral administration to animals "
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

All kinds of gov't approved steroids but it is far from decriminalized. You'll see pot legal before AS and HGH.
  15. Banned

All kinds of gov't approved steroids but it is far from decriminalized. You'll see pot legal before AS and HGH.
    Don't bet on that too much. GH is getting more and more support in the elderly community. The senior citizens hold a TON of clout in politics. I wouldn't be surprised if in 5 years they decriminalize GH and allow it to be openly used as an anti-aging treatment.

That will lead to GH getting into the news a lot more in a positive light. Once the mainstream realises the antiaging benefits of GH, there will be HUGE demand. Seeing as how the FDA just approved the first generic GH in the US (yes there are generics elsewhere but they were not approved by the FDA), this will lead to a higher supply as well. GH treatment will drop in price and become pretty darn commonplace.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Remember that when steroids was banned no organization in the medical or scientific community agreed. Also consider the abuse side effects of HGH vs. AS. More medically approved and covered uses for anti aging etc is where I see this going but not in a walmart pharmacy to be bought like insulin.
  17. Banned

Remember that when steroids was banned no organization in the medical or scientific community agreed. Also consider the abuse side effects of HGH vs. AS. More medically approved and covered uses for anti aging etc is where I see this going but not in a walmart pharmacy to be bought like insulin.
    The medical community has no clout in politics. Senior citizens do. Safety is irrelevant. Think of the abuse potential of insulin and the dangers it poses yet it's OTC; it's not even prescription. Why? Senior citizens; a large number of them are diabetics.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

They have clout because they vote and make their opinions known loudly.

My age group will vote in this upcoming Presidential election - but only because they hate George Bush and will blindly vote Democrat. Then, we'll go back to being appathetic
    Seniors will vote ALL THE TIME - not just presidential elections.

That said, the old farts need to get behind testosterone supplementation.
    B5150 - it's time for you to mobalize the rest of the old farts to get test approved!!! Let's go!

PS - if you are voting Democrat because of motor gasoline prices, you are stupid. Go research the effects of the Energy Bill of 2005 that was passed by BOTH parties.
  19. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

GH not HGH???
  20. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump
    GH not HGH???
    human recombinant growth hormone is understood when one uses the term GH because no one gives a crap about pig growth hormone, etc.

We don't use the term "HGH" because that typically refers to human growth hormone that is NOT recombinant; i.e. extracted from the pituitary of a cadavar. That form is no longer used due to its tendancy to spread Kreutzfeld Jacob disease.

Because it is no longer used, many supplement manufacturers have used the term "HGH" to describe some of their products which are actually "homeopathic GH". Homeopathic GH is a nice way of saying a bunch of amino acids that they THINK MIGHT help increase natural GH levels. These products are not the real deal and the vast majority do absolutely nothing.
  21. Registered User

what real world effects is this having now and in near future on legalities of gh possession and sale?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. new growth hormone supplement
    By panman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-25-2007, 11:04 AM
  2. Benefits of Growth Hormone.
    By JBlaze in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 06-15-2006, 08:36 PM
  3. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-20-2004, 12:22 AM