'Healthy' Foods a Pitfall for Dieters...

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
So you mean I still have to actually pay attention and read labels if the company says it's good for me? No way!?!?!
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - On a mission to whip herself into shape, Kate Kowalczyk tossed out the junk food and stocked up on her idea of good-for-you staples like yogurt and low-fat cookies. Despite her persistence, the 35 pounds she was trying to shake wouldn't budge.

It turns out those "healthy" foods were just as fattening as the chips and soda they replaced: The yogurt was filled with Reese's Pieces and the low-fat cookies were brimming with sugar that kept her hunger on razor's edge.

As concerns grow over rising obesity rates, so does confusion about the difference between what is healthy and what aids weight loss _ with many believing the two are interchangeable....
The rest can be read here

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
LOL, it's hard to understand how people can be some dumb. For example, many people think that since something like Chocolate Milk may be fat free it's good to drink, what they don't understand is the 30 grams of High GI sugar that is in which will turn into fat.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
My wife bought me a fat free yogurt and the first thing I did was look on the label and saw 33 grams of sugar. I tried to explain to her how to check but it still hurt her feelings since she was trying to support me and my diet. Sometimes I need to know when to just say thank you and shut the hell up.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sometimes I need to know when to just say thank you and shut the hell up.

:icon_lol:

My wife bought me some Almonds and I always get the lightly salty, I started to say something...then just felt like kicking my own ass. At least I'm getting better with it. Definetely not a good thing with the woman.