Anyone Can Get Into Yale

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
More and more I question if famous Ivy league Universities are of this earth. It seems pretty clear they are not of this country.
Harvard turned down Joey Cheeks, Olympic Gold Medal winner who selflessly donated $ 40,000 to a worthy charity and is a noted spokesman against aids..
But Yale accepted a former Taliban spokesman with a 4th grade education.

:wtf:

EDIT:

"In some ways I'm the luckiest person in the world," Hashemi told the Times. "I could have ended up in Guantanamo Bay. Instead I ended up at Yale."

Prior to his arrival as a student, Hashemi was imprisoned at Bagram Air Base. He had been a member of the Taliban government, serving both in Afghanistan and in the United States as Second Foreign Secretary and Ambassador-at-Large. Yale has not commented on why the university, which accepts only ten percent of all applicants, granted admission to this former Taliban officer. One Yale official claims it's part of creating diversity on campus, but opponents of having a Taliban officer attend a premier college say that excuse has been used by colleges and universities to invite everyone including cop-killers to their campuses.

Hashemi possesses a 4th grade formal education, never took the SATs and advocated violence against homosexuals. As the mouthpiece for the Taliban, Hashemi advocated the oppression of women, gays and non-Muslims. The Taliban are known associates and allies of Al-Qaeda. Not surprising, one intelligence report indicates Hashemi attended an Al-Qaeda terrorism training camp in Afghanistan.

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am a bit worried about getting into a decent law school. Hearing stories like that doesn't help my optimism.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Don't worry Brent. Stick with it. Its not as hard as it seems.

THis country is F$%#'ed up.

Mr.50

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
The story is vastly blown out of proportion.

First of all, the REALLy scarey thing is this guy got a student visa in the first place..not Yale's fault there. Way to go Homeland Security and State Department.

Secondly, he is being admitted only to a special non-degree program, not an undergraduate program and thus his lack of academic credentials are not an issue. He is essentially taking some low level courses.

GrossSizeRocks

Awards
I am a bit worried about getting into a decent law school. Hearing stories like that doesn't help my optimism.
Concentrate on the important things, Brent.

Grow a beard down to your ****, wear a dishcloth on your head, and threaten to kill Jews, Danish cartoon editors and anybody else you don't like.

You'll have your pick of law schools.

miked512

Awards
The story is vastly blown out of proportion.

First of all, the REALLy scarey thing is this guy got a student visa in the first place..not Yale's fault there. Way to go Homeland Security and State Department.

Secondly, he is being admitted only to a special non-degree program, not an undergraduate program and thus his lack of academic credentials are not an issue. He is essentially taking some low level courses.
This is true. Way to go Homeland Security and State Department.

:woohoo:

Really though, since he's only in a special non-degree program, this really isn't anything to be upset over. :) With a 4th grade education, he can't even get into Job Corps if I'm not mistaken, so you guys have nothing to worry about.

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
Brent.. to get into a good law school.. blow something up in the name of allah... :numbered:

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
Don't worry about it. As long as your grades are decent and you do ok on the LSATs, you will get into a decent law school. Unless you define "decent" as UVA, UM, Harvard, Yale, etc, in which case, you'll need to rock the LSATs and have a 3.5+.

HFF

thetimbomb

Awards
Law school... who needs lawyers! I am also looking to go into law.

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
Brent.. to get into a good law school.. blow something up in the name of allah... :numbered:
i love that...lol

prestigious schools are overrated.... i can get my degree in a prestigious medical school but at the same time i can get it at a community college....but i chose to take a fast track school (private).

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
They have community colleges that award MD's?
no. but you can get alot of degrees that are medical/dental related at universities.

i want a degree in dental hygiene, so i want to go to a private school to get out a year early. but i have the grades to go to loma linda medical, if i wanted to but i dont.... their program sucks. my dad has friends who teach there and say that their hygiene students have a 60 percent pass rate on state boards.... :blink:

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The reason I am planning to attend law school is so I can have success in politics.

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
The reason I am planning to attend law school is so I can have success in politics.
i wish you luck :) its a great idea if you ask me. all i have to say is dont get too stuck up on the schools name. my dad is a dentist/orthodontist and he graduated from a good dental school but nothing too fascinating, and hes doing extremely well for himself.

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
i dont see the point in being so rude to him. he was simply asking a question.
I was actually kidding (I have a kind of deadpan sense of humor), so I dunno if he was laughing at me or with me. I know you can't get a MD at a community college. The way your post read (and I knew you didn't mean it that way) was that you could.

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
I was actually kidding (I have a kind of deadpan sense of humor), so I dunno if he was laughing at me or with me. I know you can't get a MD at a community college. The way your post read (and I knew you didn't mean it that way) was that you could.
oh, i didnt know if you were kidding or not. but i can not help but assume that houseman was trying to be a jerk since hes so negative all the time.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I am not racist at all and I am sure this has already been mentioned but I absolutely HATTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE affirmative action!! ahhhhhh so ****ing unfair :rant: :aargh:

GrossSizeRocks

Awards
Gotta love diversity..
LakeMountD, I think you must have missed GreyWtr's post immediately above yours.

Gotta love diversity . . . it's the law!

I see a fair amount of college folk here, and, of the working stiffs, some may work for or own a small business. Of those who work for a large employer, government or private sector, most will relate to having more training films and stand-up meetings per year on diversity than would choke a horse.

They're not too interested in diversity of thought, but let's be damn sure we have the right ratio of males and females, blacks and whites and, more recently, hispanics. Throw in one gypsy, one eskimo and one hermaphrodite, and you're now "compliant."

Horse Hockies.