New drugs will allow us to "survive" on just 2 hours of sleep..

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Crazy the things they are trying to do. It is interesting, however, the fact that they are figuring ways to make you sleep so well in 2-4 hours that it counts for about 8 hours of sleep. Might extend the normal 8 hour day though hahaha.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=16708075&method=full&siteid=66633&headline=sleep-less--name_page.html
We work too many damn hours as it is. :blink: I would stay clear of drugs like this. Long term effects are unknown. Hell this could shave 20 years off your life for all we know.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
We work too many damn hours as it is. :blink: I would stay clear of drugs like this. Long term effects are unknown. Hell this could shave 20 years off your life for all we know.

Haha I feel ya man. The things they put money into amazes me. Although I believe the reason they created this was for military use (as with most other technologies of our day). It would be nice for certain situations when in a war.

bigmontel

225lbs of chewed bubble gum
Awards
they already have this released....it's called crystil-meth.....lol

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yeah didnt hitler invent meth for his soldiers.

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
Overall I LOVE sleep too much to want less of it. :blink:

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
They already have that out.

Its called ALRI Venom.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
they already have this released....it's called crystil-meth.....lol

LOL Ya bastage I wanted to say that. :icon_lol:

BTW anyone ever read the Richey Rich comic where his father is developing a drug to do just that and his dad turns into a raving maniac. Then it turns out it was just a dream and Richie Rich goes in to find his dad sleeping at his desk.

CROWLER

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
LOL Ya bastage I wanted to say that. :icon_lol:

BTW anyone ever read the Richey Rich comic where his father is developing a drug to do just that and his dad turns into a raving maniac. Then it turns out it was just a dream and Richie Rich goes in to find his dad sleeping at his desk.

CROWLER
I remember Richie Rich's family had a guy who invented stuff named "Professor Keenbean". I wonder if he was in on that???

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I remember Richie Rich's family had a guy who invented stuff named "Professor Keenbean". I wonder if he was in on that???
I don't know let me go check. Ahhh I mean hey I have no idea.

CROWLER

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
It would be amazing if we all started sleeping 2hrs instead of eight. I'd have to get a second job though cause I'm sure I'd find ways to spend money during the extra 6hrs of being awake. I'd have to start eating 9 or 10 meals a day too. :burger:

Seems like it would be great for the economy though, assuming it worked w/out side effects, which is a stretch.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Modafinil is currently in use by US forces in the middle east, and I would bet big money that the DOD has a classified project or three running with some Big Pharma companies to develop the next generation of these drugs. Details on these substances will not be released to the press.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Ive got a great idea, how about we just shorten the work week to 30 hours instead of 50? Then we can all sleep 8-10 hours a day AND get a ton of stuff done at the same time.

Humans, and all living things need sleep for a reason. I doubt any drug is going to change that without long term side effects - genetic manipulation maybe, but that's still years away before its precise enough to manipulate something like that.

The human body is an extreemly complex machine, pumping it full of drugs to inhibit a natural process that we all need to live is pretty freaky.

BV

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
That would be great for military personal during combat situations/missions. I remember several times falling asleep on the way to a nighttime mission after being up 24 hours plus or fighting hard not to pass out during a long watch in the middle of the night.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ive got a great idea, how about we just shorten the work week to 30 hours instead of 50? Then we can all sleep 8-10 hours a day AND get a ton of stuff done at the same time.

Humans, and all living things need sleep for a reason. I doubt any drug is going to change that without long term side effects - genetic manipulation maybe, but that's still years away before its precise enough to manipulate something like that.

The human body is an extreemly complex machine, pumping it full of drugs to inhibit a natural process that we all need to live is pretty freaky.

BV
Someone could use the arguement towards steroids saying that we have a certain amount of test, our bodies weren't meant to make a gram a week of it.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I suppose they could. And your body isnt meant to make a gram a week of it. In the short term, it may have several benefits. But try staying on 1g/week of test for 3 years and watch what happens;)

I can definitely see how this could have a positive impact for military personnel. Like most drugs, perhaps the benefits will outweigh the risks/side effects if used responsibly.

BV