Beyond statins, the next heart drugs

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
That is certainly some interesting news. I wonder if the way they modified that protein so it would pass through the digestive system untouched and make it to the blood stream has any application to amino acid delivery.

Reggin

Awards
I liked the part about PPAR-agonists...

Scratch one up for Sesamin, boys.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That article pisses me off. They start out talking about the guy and say he's signed up for a D-4F trial. A drug being developed for Novartis.

Then it spends the next 90% of the article talking almost entirely about Pfizer's drug instead.

WTF?!?!

Clearly someone at Pfizer took someone at USAToday out to lunch and gave him a nice "gift." So messed up. The guy they did the story on isn't in a trial for Pfizer's drug, he's in a trial for Novartis' drug. I swear, Novartis rarely gets any of the credit it deserves.

brogers

Awards
  • Established
That article pisses me off. They start out talking about the guy and say he's signed up for a D-4F trial. A drug being developed for Novartis.

Then it spends the next 90% of the article talking almost entirely about Pfizer's drug instead.

WTF?!?!

Clearly someone at Pfizer took someone at USAToday out to lunch and gave him a nice "gift." So messed up. The guy they did the story on isn't in a trial for Pfizer's drug, he's in a trial for Novartis' drug. I swear, Novartis rarely gets any of the credit it deserves.
Do you work for Novartis?

I didn't really pay any attention to the companies when I read it, to be honest.

The ability to SHRINK plaque deposits! Maybe in the near future heart disease won't be the number one killer in America.

xxtruxx1

xxtruxx1

Awards
  • Established
That's a very interesting article. I couldn't believe that when tested & only used once a week for 5 weeks plaque was reduced by 4%! That's pretty insane. We may be seeing the end of angioplasty & bypass surgery (kind of sucks for my dad after he had quadruple bypass surgery) or at least a shift in treatment. Because of this I kind of fear for my heart health as well. Good to know that there are possible advances in treatment.

apoA-1 Milano stacked with a statin such as Lipitor would be amazing for heart health & cholesterol level management.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Do you work for Novartis?

I didn't really pay any attention to the companies when I read it, to be honest.

The ability to SHRINK plaque deposits! Maybe in the near future heart disease won't be the number one killer in America.
I can neither confirm nor deny the allegations that I work for Novartis. Let's leave it at that.