featured today on msn.com

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
This video shows many things that are wrong with america.

1) I like to think of myself as an understanding person. One of the few people that I cant stand are the people who say actors and what not are in TOO good of shape and causing illness in those who arent. If you want to look like that, bust your ass and you can. Dont bitch to the rest of us that they are bad people because your too jealous and lazy. (I'm starting a thread in general chat on this point specifically)

2) I like how Couric used the word "disturbing." Its disturbing that people want to get in shape? I think its more disturbing that so many are unhealthy and do nothing about it.

3) I heard something on the radio the other week about ephedra and some dummy goes "why cany they just get lypo?" Enough said.

4) If your going to talk smack, show your face.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I want to punch someone in the face after watching that video.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Models,actors and bodybuilders aren't in peak shape all year round. You train to peak at a certain point.Whether that is for the Mr. O or the Olympic Games or Blade Trinity, we all know training is cyclical. The real problem occurs because these great bodies are photographed in peak condition then presented to the public as the normal state of the condition. So I blame the...media!. That was too easy now I feel cheap. If you could see my current bloated" holiday enhanced" condition, you would not believe that, I am the same ripped stud in my summer vacation pictures...but then again I workout and take drugs.

carib102

carib102

Awards
Jesus that pissed me off when I watched it. Why is the media so freakin' concerned with people who want to look good, but we continue to allow tabacco, alchohol and fast food restaurants to poison us???? I need to go to the gym now and work off some aggression :twisted:

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
Jesus that pissed me off when I watched it. Why is the media so freakin' concerned with people who want to look good, but we continue to allow tabacco, alchohol and fast food restaurants to poison us???? I need to go to the gym now and work off some aggression :twisted:
Great point

Furthermore,if it didnt take hard work to look like the girl in your avatar, it wouldnt be so special.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Wow:) I hate it how media reporters report like they know everything there is to know about everything they're reporting. 95% of them are fucking morons.

Some good may come out of that report...a lot of dumbass highschool kids (no offence to anyone in highschool!) who are thinking of taking clen without knowing jack about dieting, etc might be scared off, or their parents might be aware of clen if their kid is abusing it.

This might lead in one less dumbass hurting himself, and the government staying out of things.

BV

aspire210

aspire210

Awards
  • Established
A) Clen hasn't, to my knowledge, been shown to be anabolic in humans.
B) Ephedra is not "off the market." It's widely availible in OTC medications and even new supplements as long as they are under 10mg per dose (or pill?).
C) "Fight or flight" doesn't burn fat. I could be wrong, but it should be a rush of glucose into the blood. Which means it burns carbohydrates.
D) 90% of the advertisements for Rx meds that I see on TV has the same "possible" side effects listed at the end.

Now remember everyone "You're perfect just the way you are."

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
D) 90% of the advertisements for Rx meds that I see on TV has the same "possible" side effects listed at the end.
Or worse!! I dont know how many new pharmeceuticals I see coming out that will have this nice, floaty commercial followed by a woman with a nice sweet voice telling me that I could experience no sex drive, a heart attack, or death:)

BV

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
AD) 90% of the advertisements for Rx meds that I see on TV has the same "possible" side effects listed at the end.

Your right. Everything the media puts out is the "worst case scenario." If we followed the worst case scenario for everything, no one would drive because we COULD get in a crash and die.

Now remember everyone "You're perfect just the way you are."
The theory "everyone is beautiful" is bs. You remember the commercial a few years back that said "I am a beautiful human being with a sweet tooth the size of Ohio." I wanted to pull my eyes out every time I saw it. Everyone CAN be beautiful, just like everyone CAN be inteligent. It just doesnt happen though.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
The theory "everyone is beautiful" is bs. You remember the commercial a few years back that said "I am a beautiful human being with a sweet tooth the size of Ohio." I wanted to pull my eyes out every time I saw it. Everyone CAN be beautiful, just like everyone CAN be inteligent. It just doesnt happen though.[/quote]

This is just what pisses my off about todays society..I'm mean here I am, one of the truely beautiful and intelligent people on the planet. The last thing I want is a bunch of copycats trying to "weasel in" on my good thing. Please give up, this is getting ridiculous...Save your self some time and embarrasment. You are not as pretty as me!

M

MadMas

Work Horse
Awards
See this is typical media bullshit. Good point above, why not get rid of cigs and booze? THAT would help America.

And they try to make Clen seem like the hardest fucking thing to use in the world, and really WHEN YOU KNOW WHAT YOURE DOING, its pretty damn simple.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Your right. Everything the media puts out is the "worst case scenario." If we followed the worst case scenario for everything, no one would drive because we COULD get in a crash and die.

The theory "everyone is beautiful" is bs. You remember the commercial a few years back that said "I am a beautiful human being with a sweet tooth the size of Ohio." I wanted to pull my eyes out every time I saw it. Everyone CAN be beautiful, just like everyone CAN be inteligent. It just doesnt happen though.
Everyone CANNOT be beautiful, everyone CANNOT be intelligent. I just wanted to set the record straight :D

Fortunately, every decent, semi-matured human being realizes that being beautiful and intelligent aren't the qualities that make people likeable. I'd much rather hang out w/ a person w/ a sense of humor that I could have a conversation with, than a beautiful, brilliant asshole who acted like his / her **** didn't stink like the rest of us ;)

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This is just what pisses my off about todays society..I'm mean here I am, one of the truely beautiful and intelligent people on the planet. The last thing I want is a bunch of copycats trying to "weasel in" on my good thing. Please give up, this is getting ridiculous...Save your self some time and embarrasment. You are not as pretty as me!
LMFAO!!! +rep

FYI - "truely" is spelled "truly", and "embarrasment" is spelled "embarrassment". ;)

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
LMFAO!!! +rep

FYI - "truely" is spelled "truly", and "embarrasment" is spelled "embarrassment". ;)
Wow! beautiful, intelligent and a good speller, that would be the total package!
I must set my goals even higher now!
.... what's next proof reading?

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Other than the somewhat hysterical description of clen, what's the big deal with this video? People do try to lose weight in idiotic and ineffective ways. Women do spend too much time trying to be thin as if it's the same thing as being healthy, which it isn't. I can't count how many women I pass every day who are rail thin but have no muscle tone and are weak as hell, always freezing to death, etc. I didn't see anything here saying fat is acceptable, or being out of shape is okay, everyone is beautiful or anything like that.

I don't know, maybe a lot of guys do prefer women who starve themselves to the point of having no tits or ass, but I ain't one of them. I prefer a girl who can down a good meal and who works out consistently to stay healthy and in shape as their goal. A girl with a healthy level of body fat and set of tits and ass that's in good proportion. These bird-like women who eat 500 calories a day in the form of small salads with no dressing on them, **** 'em. No fun.

I remember hearing a theory once that we were being bombarded by these images of emaciated women because the fashion industry was in the grip of a shitload of gay men who have some underlying hatred of women. Don't know if there's any truth to that, but those images are hitting a lot of women daily, with most of them not realizing that they don't have the time, the money and the proper photographer that's necessary to look as good as some celebrity does, and that very often they shouldn't even be trying. An Italian chick with a good set of hips and tits ain't gonna look good at Calista Flockhart bf% levels. It just wouldn't work. But plenty of them are trying to be that thin anyway.

The focus people should have is health, not thin. And that did seem to be the gist of that video.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
The focus people should have is health, not thin. And that did seem to be the gist of that video.
Yeah, that's what I got out of it. They misrepresented the drug, but hopefully it will scare enough idiots away from injuring themselves.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
I remember hearing a theory once that we were being bombarded by these images of emaciated women because the fashion industry was in the grip of a shitload of gay men who have some underlying hatred of women.

I remember that theory. The reasoning was that the fashion designers preferred the little boy body type as a muse for their affections, hence Kate Moss. Although she has re-emerged at least 10 lbs heavier than her hey day.( i'm guessing 105 )

It seems that women have always been obsessed with weight and body image. I blame straight men not gay men. When I was in highschool and college I was a big time body snob, you know no fat chicks. I remember back then the girls would take methamphetamine or cocaine or the classic models choice cigarettes. So I would be dating these hot body fitness chicks all hopped up on meth taking in 500 calories/day. There is no scarier place than where these girls are when the drugs wear off, especially when it kicks in time for a cycle of pms( help me )...to the Dairy Queen quick! then a wonderful thing happened when I was about 25 , I " dated " a girl with a big ass. It was like a whole new world. Like only eating vanilla ice cream then discovering chocolate! Thank you god!
I also have a pet peeve for women who have large facial features of say the Middle East or the Mediterranian, then get cosmetic surgeons to give them a little tiny nose. It gets completely lost on there face. Please ladies unless it is hard to breathe..leave your nose alone!...and don't give me that deviated septum line..paaleeze!

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
It seems that women have always been obsessed with weight and body image. I blame straight men not gay men. When I was in highschool and college I was a big time body snob, you know no fat chicks. I remember back then the girls would take methamphetamine or cocaine or the classic models choice cigarettes. So I would be dating these hot body fitness chicks all hopped up on meth taking in 500 calories/day. There is no scarier place than where these girls are when the drugs wear off, especially when it kicks in time for a cycle of pms( help me )...to the Dairy Queen quick! then a wonderful thing happened when I was about 25 , I " dated " a girl with a big ass. It was like a whole new world. Like only eating vanilla ice cream then discovering chocolate! Thank you god!
I also have a pet peeve for women who have large facial features of say the Middle East or the Mediterranian, then get cosmetic surgeons to give them a little tiny nose. It gets completely lost on there face. Please ladies unless it is hard to breathe..leave your nose alone!...and don't give me that deviated septum line..paaleeze!
Well, no fat chicks doesn't seem to be a bad rule. Why would you want to be with someone who was so disrespectful to their own body? But, the range of healthy weight does include people who I think a lot would define as fat. Me personally for example. I can still see my own pecker, my favorite health standard, but I definitely have a gut. I can also out bench, out run and out play in any sport most of my so called in shape friends. Some of them aren't even in their thirties and are already taking BP meds.

I guess the bottom line is that if you're interested in looking good, get healthy. Usually, unless you have some very serious problems with your appearance, if you're healthy enough people will find you attractive for you to have a good time.