Steroid Users Are A Bunch Of Junkies

S

swollengoat999

Awards
Don't know if this was posted before or not ...
Anabolic Steroids May Be Addictive
http://news.yahoo.com/s/hsn/20051214/hl_hsn/anabolicsteroidsmightbeaddictive

LOVED this quote:

"Steroid use is not a minor matter of private choices by grown-ups willing to accept certain consequences for certain gain," Katz said. "Steroid use is a bona fide medical hazard, and a potentially addictive one at that. A nation of responsible adults, with the well-being of their children in mind, should do everything required to banish the practice and ensure their children are raised to drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes and otherwise support the AMERICAN WAY OF LIFE and, more importantly, our economy."

alright, i added that last bit, but STILL ...

K

KD1

Awards
  • Established
Actually that whole article is BS. The study only proves that mice prefer strong anabolic steroids over weak ones.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Of course AAS users are a bunch of junkies. They can't hold a job for more than a week, they rob liquor stores in order to get their Test because they crave it so much that it makes them go bonkers. They also jack car stereos and sell trade them in alleys for used needles and a single use amp of sust :rolleyes:

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
LOVED this quote:
"Steroid use is not a minor matter of private choices by grown-ups willing to accept certain consequences for certain gain," Katz said. "Steroid use is a bona fide medical hazard, and a potentially addictive one at that. A nation of responsible adults, with the well-being of their children in mind, should do everything required to banish the practice and ensure their children are raised to drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes and otherwise support the AMERICAN WAY OF LIFE and, more importantly, our economy."

alright, i added that last bit, but STILL ...

Wow... I actually like Dr. Katz' work, but that was a crock. I've enjoyed his arcticles I've read in the past regarding nutrition, but this is out of left field. Maybe he's planning on running for Congress.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
That article is great:nutkick: Unreal I tell ya.

WATERLOGGED

WATERLOGGED

supreme being
Awards
  • Established
that crap pisses me off.......those frikin "A" holes.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I can quit any time I want to. I just don't want to.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
1- We admitted we were powerfull when on steriods and that our training had become maniacal.

2- Came to believe that the next cycle would make us bigger and stronger than ever before.

3- Made a decision to turn our training and diet over to Bobo if our asses got to large!

You know the other 9... they have to do with Diet, Reps/Sets and PCT
:twisted:

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
So the mice wanted to get jacked. Big deal :icon_lol:

K

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I think the main objective when using extraneous substances that help build muscle is to augment and magnify the results of prior training. Muscle growth that stays is the primary goal, and, indeed, a person can retain a certain amount of strength ie muscle tissue if they follow the right protocol and parameters. Perpetual use really seems to be self-defeating unless, of course, a person is ill or at an advanced age. We have to keep in mind that there is proper use, as well as substance abuse.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Hey, mickey mouse I hear ya bro' ! I am also hooked on sex, red meat, sleep and sex... did I say sex twice?

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think the main objective when using extraneous substances that help build muscle is to augment and magnify the results of prior training. Muscle growth that stays is the primary goal, and, indeed, a person can retain a certain amount of strength ie muscle tissue if they follow the right protocol and parameters. Perpetual use really seems to be self-defeating unless, of course, a person is ill or at an advanced age. We have to keep in mind that there is proper use, as well as substance abuse.
I agree with you, what exactly is proper use though? I can see if someone has low levels of test and uses a HRT dose to supplement their natural testosterone, but I doubt you can deem 750mgTest/400mg Deca and 100mg Drol a week proper use even if it is used as a short cycle. Responsible, Yes w/ short cycles and bloodwork but I wouldn't say proper use. Just trying to start a discussion and or playing devil's advocate. :)

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
I agree with you, what exactly is proper use though? I can see if someone has low levels of test and uses a HRT dose to supplement their natural testosterone, but I doubt you can deem 750mgTest/400mg Deca and 100mg Drol a week proper use even if it is used as a short cycle. Responsible, Yes w/ short cycles and bloodwork but I wouldn't say proper use. Just trying to start a discussion and or playing devil's advocate. :)
The word "proper" can be dangerous if used irresponsively. The word can be used safely when applied by a trained professional using it in an approved enviroment. It has well been proven that, the word "proper" has the potential to cause severe damage to weaker developing minds. It is especially sad to see an increase in the "misuse" of this powerful word among our teenagers. Usually in a vain attempt to seem more adult or attract the opposite sex. Only your dollars can help. If you would like to make a donation to the PROPER FUND, please contact the AnabolicRhino for details. Thank you for your time

K

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Good points, that are well taken! By proper I mean using prophylactic measures (vitamin stacks) to offset noxious sides, correct weight training techniques that are timed to coincide with the body's higher androgen level, sustaining the hormonal level and intensity of training only as long as needed to obtain gains, then cutting back in the appropiate manner. I see that proper could mean many different things. Im thinking in terms of conservative safety and efficacy.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Damn, I've been addicted to weight training for over twenty years!

My friends who are runners are totally addicted to the endorphin high they get from a good run.

Not all addictions are bad.
" Life is but a series of addictions "- somebodyelse said that, but it could have been me!

K

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I guess the bottom line is, "Dont f*** yourself!"

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
I guess the bottom line is, "Dont f*** yourself!"
Now that is great advice! Just takes a while to figure out what f**k**g your self can mean. It took me about 40 years!

I would add try not to let somebody else f*** you either.

K

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
LOL, yeah the name of that game is, "cover your ass"

M

Malek256

Awards
Last time I checked, humans made choices. Mice didn't.

I suspect the study also indicated that steroid using mice crapped on the floor.

R

reaper19

Awards
I think Doctors have to much time on there hands.All it prove to me is that the rats like the good ****.