Alzheimer's patients given testosterone

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Alzheimer's patients given testosterone

United Press International

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

LOS ANGELES, Dec 12, 2005 (UPI via COMTEX) -- UCLA scientists say the first study of the effects of testosterone on the psychological health of men with mild Alzheimer's disease finds improvements.
The improvement in mood and behavior was assessed by caregivers. However, researchers found no significant differences in memory or other cognitive skills, as assessed by tests administered by clinicians.
Led by neuroscientists at the UCLA Alzheimer Disease Research Center, the double blind, placebo-controlled study found male Alzheimer patients treated with testosterone showed significant improvement on a quality-of-life instrument that encompasses memory, interpersonal relationships, physical health, energy, living situation and overall well-being compared with patients who received a placebo, or inactive, medication.
"The results suggest testosterone replacement therapy holds potential for improving quality of life of Alzheimer patients and merits further testing...," said Dr. Po Lu, lead author and assistant clinical professor of neurology at UCLA.
An estimated 4 million Americans are affected by Alzheimer's disease, which causes memory loss, behavior changes and cognitive difficulties.
The research is detailed in an early online release of the peer-reviewed journal Archives of Neurology.

This is obviously all wrong as test is a horrible beast which kills people and makes their balls drop off.:run:

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
awesome, we need some crazy beefed up old ppl to take over the world.

just remember, all we have to do is close the kountry kitchen buffet. :)

tattoopierced1

but the kids have to do it....thats too early for us to get up...

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
I know somebody thats real old, CRAZY and LOADED with testosterone.....old I dont feel old .....I just look old!lol

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
you're a long ways from looking old brudda.