Schwarzenegger Back at Work After Heart Scare

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
SACRAMENTO, California (Dec. 7) - Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger sought medical attention for a rapid heartbeat, but was back to work Wednesday after doctors concluded that his heart was functioning normally, his office said.
Spokeswoman Margita Thompson said the governor experienced the rapid heartbeat Tuesday after coming down with a stomach flu. He was taken to the University of California, Davis, Medical Center about midnight after his personal doctor recommended he have the symptoms checked.
He spent several hours in the hospital and was released after doctors determined his heart rate was normal.
"He's feeling fine and working," Thompson said in the statement.
The governor's aides declined to comment further. Susan Marschwab, a spokeswoman for UC Davis Medical Center, referred inquiries to the governor's press office.
Schwarzenegger, 58, had heart surgery in 1997 to repair a hereditary valve problem. An occasional rapid heartbeat is common after that sort of operation, the administration said in its statement.
Schwarzenegger resumed a normal schedule Wednesday, appearing in good health as he met with his top advisers in his office. Later in the day, he and first lady Maria Shriver were scheduled to attend an unveiling of the official portrait of former Gov. Gray Davis in the Capitol.

12/07/05 15:15 EST

I hate that people try and use Arnold with the Steroid use, and his Heart, if its hereditary, chances are he would have got the surgery being the AVERAGE AMERICAN !!!

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
i dont see anything in that article stating the gear caused this.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
He had the same heart valve condition that I do..mitral valve prolapse. It's quite common. I get occassional stabbing pains in my chest but that is fairly normal for the condition. I get far fewer of them since being on fish oil though.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I know that in the article they said it was genetic, but in the media, and in the witch hunt they say:" what about Arnold and his heart problem?" I was just showing how its in a media paper saying his heart problem is caused by a genetic predisposition. just some ammuniton against the Anti Steroid Party.

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
He had the same heart valve condition that I do..mitral valve prolapse. It's quite common. I get occassional stabbing pains in my chest but that is fairly normal for the condition. I get far fewer of them since being on fish oil though.
Me too, I take a lot of magnesium and it makes symptoms non existent. Do you have any other symptoms?
I've done a lot of research and it seems a lack of magnesium and maybe a lack of zinc is what cause MVP. Since I've been suplimenting with zinc and magnesium it has changed my entire body for the better.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
No other symptoms other than being a bit of cardio wuss. I used to ride mountain bike and no matter hard I trained, I never got as good as the guys I rode with..I attributed it to the leaky mitral valve.

Perhaps it was the mag and zinc that improved my symptoms. Never had anything other than occassional chest pain..sometimes it hurt pretty bad but now I never get symptoms.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
For a magnesium supercharge take a long hot Epsom salt bath. I feel great for several days after.