HBO Real Sports/Doc on Steroids

ryano

Awards
  • Established
Finally a documentary you and your girlfriend can watch.

It starts on HBO tonight and rotates throughout the month.

Sorry tried to post link to the 14 min demo but was unsuccesfull.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Are you talking about the Bryant Gumble one?

ryano

Awards
  • Established
You will have to scroll down past the gay ass pic...

there is a link... for a 14 min demo.

Had trouble posting the link last time.

Weird

Enjoy:twisted:

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I downloaded that from a different site, I wish I could watch on my lab top without being hooked into my DSL, that way I could play it for people anywhere and expose the truth to the unknowing. That was such an awesome documentary. I hope there are more like it to come, prefferably in a format that few people would be able to miss it. Only when enough people are exposed to the truth can the wheels of change (for the better) begin to move.

ryano

Awards
  • Established
My Sister knows that I have been doing PHormones and I am pro steriod.

She saw that Spurlock doc and jumped all over my ass.

She needs to see this.

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
My Sister knows that I have been doing PHormones and I am pro steriod.

She saw that Spurlock doc and jumped all over my ass.

She needs to see this.
You should convince her to watch it. My mother know I juice, but not to what extent. She is smart enough to know that the government is not telling the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth about the issue, but she still has concerns, and wishes I wouldnt, but My latest blood tests came out fantastic, and she know that. I wouldnt even think of telling either of my brothers or sisters, they have a hard enough time fathoming why Im so into building my body in the first place. So even if they were willing to let go of the hysteria fueled drivel theyve been bs'd with, the sheer shock realizing the possibility that their little brother is even considering juicing would likely overshadow any revelations watching the special might induce.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
best segment in a long long time

Wanker527

Wanker527

Awards
Zero studies...wow, i wasn't aware of that. Great segment.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Are you guys talking about the same show that was on months ago? Or is this a new one that was just recently on?

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
Are you guys talking about the same show that was on months ago? Or is this a new one that was just recently on?
Theyre talking about the same one that was on like 4 or 5 months ago or whatever.

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
awesome segment, i hate it that Gary Wadler is such a fat bastard and doesn't even know what he's talking about. he doesn't want to play "russian roulette" with the long term studies--that's why it's a study, if we already knew what would happen we wouldn't be doing a study!

simply put, his points aren't valid and he shouldn't be testifying to congress without evidence that steroids actually harm the body.

turkish

Awards
  • Established
The documentary guy : "There are many doctors saying steroids are extremely dangerous bla bla (something like this). What's wrong with these people?
The conscious doctor : "What's wrong with Dick Cheney saying there are weapons of mass destruction?" :nutkick:

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Wadler is full of ****. It isn't necessary to give men steroids to study the long term effects. While it's not the best way to do it, there are plenty of people who have been using steroids for years and could self report and be subjected to tests.

He's right about one thing, there is no tell tale sign of steroid related death. However, that's out of context. The health problems they claim don't develop over night. It wouldn't be too hard to examine a bunch of steroid users to see if they have any elevated risk indicators for these health problems. I believe such a study was going to be done once but was never funded. Either it's because of people like Wadler who don't want to be seen as supporting steroid use in any way, or it's because a boatload of sheepish morons know they'll end up with a lot of egg on their faces. Probably a mix of both.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Hey someone should DiVX the whole show and make it discreetly available via bittorrent or irc or something...

This segment was GREAT. Except for the sound...

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
is there more to the segment than that?
anyone know when it comes on?

Maccabee

Awards
There is a detailed objective survey being done by a doctroral student that will be one of the first and largest objective studies on AAS use. It is available as a sticky in the anabolic section of www.elitefitness.com, by filling it out, you can help bring the truth about AAS.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
i hate it that Gary Wadler is such a fat bastard and doesn't even know what he's talking about.
my thoughts exactly. he's going to kick off in a few years anyway from 500 too many happy meals. he is an 'expert' on substances that he has never experienced.

ryano

Awards
  • Established
Oh my....

Is Bryant Gumble in tha video? Do you know who he is?

:trout:
All I have seen is the 14 min demo..

So I am not sure. I dont believe so.

I remember reading a MD a few months back and John Ramono was talking about his experience doing the doc ... and was told to keep an eye out for it around this time.

Yes I know who Bryant Gumble is. Now quite busting my balls and click on the link...whatcha on dial up or something?

:icon_lol:

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That video clip was from an episode of Real Sports with Bryant Gumble.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
anyone else having problems with the download?

david4zero8

Awards
Someone should email or send that Post reporter a copy of that clip.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
One of her acquaintances is getting the URL in her email today, with mention "maybe Amy Shipley should see this too".

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I hope Shipley watches it.
Won't really do anything if she does. People make up their minds and then try and make the facts fit their proconceived version of the truth. Very few people look first and then judge what's true. If she did watch it the only result would most likely be an article on how Bryant Gumble, Real Sports and HBO are "sending the wrong message to the children."

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
but that would draw everyone elses attention to the doc, and if they actually watch it they might see the part where they concede that its not a good idea for children. So even if Shipley and a good chunk of america refuses to listen to the voice of reason, even just a few people being exposed to it could sway a couple more people. (We gotta start somewhere, and exponential growth always starts out almost imperceptibly slow.) Im not saying it will create a tidal wave of paradigm shifts in american thinking, but if she did see it and drew attention to it, it could be a small step in the right direction. I mean, most people in the US are still oblivious to the existance of that documentary.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
but that would draw everyone elses attention to the doc, and if they actually watch it they might see the part where they concede that its not a good idea for children. So even if Shipley and a good chunk of america refuses to listen to the voice of reason, even just a few people being exposed to it could sway a couple more people. (We gotta start somewhere, and exponential growth always starts out almost imperceptibly slow.) Im not saying it will create a tidal wave of paradigm shifts in american thinking, but if she did see it and drew attention to it, it could be a small step in the right direction. I mean, most people in the US are still oblivious to the existance of that documentary.
Yes, most are oblivious. But, the honest truth is the people who care about this topic have already made up their minds one way or another, few if any of them will change their minds regardless of the evidence one way or another, and those that don't care, well they don't care. Even if people are going to prison, for most people if their oxe isn't gored, they don't give a damn.

Most people simply do not care about abridging someone else's rights as long as they don't experience any undesirable effects themselves. And even when they do experience those effects, usually they don't make the connection between the people they willingly screwed and themselves.

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
Yeah your right. but that truly does suck though. The optimist in me wants to believe that there is some glimmer of hope for enlightening people on the topic, and subsequently igniting a change for the better, but like you said, once most people make up their mind about something, they dont want their mind to be changed regardless of what facts or points of view you place in front of them. Its like someone trying to convince a traditionalist that Jesus wasnt white or something, they wouldnt care if you went back in time and brought the real Jesus back with you and introduced them to him, theyd be like "thats not Jesus."

But I guess part of me just wants to keep hope alive even in the face of insurmountable retardedness.

Maccabee

Awards
When the DEA & AMA were asked to submit reports when the original 1990 act was passed, they both recomended that AAS not be scheduled. If that didn't convince Congress, an HBO documentry certainly isn't going to do it. The truth is, the anti-steroid campaign is a great way for politians to get political mileage. It also gives writers like Amy Shipley public exposure as well. They have everything to gain and nothing to loose. They scare soccer moms into thinking their kids are on juice and then they granstand on the issue by proposing bulls**t regulation, and then they can claim that they are good politicians trying to protect kids. Who will fight against them? Its not like there is a pro-aas lobby.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I'm definitely an exception then, b/c when I first started working out I believed all the worst case scenarios about steroids to be the norm. I looked at the sides and thought you'd have to be crazy to shrink your testes, grow tits and lose your hair. A key point, that the doc doesn't get into is PCT/preventative measures. I read that Men's Health article a couple of years ago and thought, maybe it's not that bad. But that article didn't get into prevention either. It wasn't until I started bumping into steroid info when researching training/nutrition that I learned about combatting sides.

I've still onlyused a small amount of legal "supps", but my first test cycle is probably a year or so away.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
BTW, if I'm an exception I bet there are many more out there.

A friend of mine (who has never lifted a weight) spoke enthusiastically about some research he saw at the Museum of Science that talked about the beneficial uses of AAS. He said the Dr. from one of the Boston hospitals claimed TRT would be commonplace in a few decades.

My friend is not remotely interested in bbing, yet he seemed convinced.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Heh Beowulf, I am another. I was SO convinced about those juice-heads. Retards, I tell you, destroying their bodies to look better. Pure madness.

But then, with more and more research, it's like, what did I know. And finding this board definitely killed the notion that juicers are stupid. :D

Bottom line, I am glad I waited all this time before starting the hormones. And I am glad I started taking them. And I know I'll take them for a long time. :woohoo:

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
Beowulf and Grunt76, my experience and transformation was comparable to you guys. I didnt put anyone down for it, but I was under the false impression that using AAS meant severe health problems were inevitable, and using them was just not even something I thought about.
However when I got into researching every aspect relating to bodybuilding, I realized that the more I learned, the more AAS (if used intelligently) seemed like a good idea. And now here I am happy as hell on a mass cycle, and the only regret I have is that (thanks to ignorance on a grand scale), a bunch of misguided no-nothings are trying to run my life, with their oppresive iron fist tactics.

turkish

Awards
  • Established
Heh Beowulf, I am another. I was SO convinced about those juice-heads. Retards, I tell you, destroying their bodies to look better. Pure madness.

But then, with more and more research, it's like, what did I know. And finding this board definitely killed the notion that juicers are stupid. :D

Bottom line, I am glad I waited all this time before starting the hormones. And I am glad I started taking them. And I know I'll take them for a long time. :woohoo:
It's like it was me who wrote that:icon_lol:

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
BTW, if I'm an exception I bet there are many more out there.

A friend of mine (who has never lifted a weight) spoke enthusiastically about some research he saw at the Museum of Science that talked about the beneficial uses of AAS. He said the Dr. from one of the Boston hospitals claimed TRT would be commonplace in a few decades.

My friend is not remotely interested in bbing, yet he seemed convinced.
Nope, you're not the exception... I would have GLADLY juiced in High School, I wanted to, I wanted to pack on an additional 20 lbs of muscle so that I could get a DIA Scholarship and I had a friend who could get it. But like you mentioned, I didn't want my nuts to shrink, my back to engulf in hair, my face to become a mine field of pimples, and my nipples to get huge. I was scared shitless of this "monster" - steroids - so I didn't take them.

In the end, I'm glad it was this way, because had I done any research I would have been a hard-headed teenager and realized that healthy adult makes over 21 have little to no risk of health issues if they use them responsibly. But I would have ignored the Under 21 rule, and gone ahead and juiced probably had I done research, which is why, looking back I'm glad I thought they were the devil! Because I would have made a big mistake by starting them early and probably stunted my growth or messed the chemical balance in my body up. I never knew any facts about them until I started researching on my own, and talking with people who've done them. So if you're the minority, I'm right there with ya! :thumbsup:

But yeah, definitely had an impact on me, I mean ****, i've been researching for over a year now, even "tiptoed" into designer hormones to get my feet wet, and I'm still planning on waiting until next year to jump up to the big leagues... :toofunny:

ryano

Awards
  • Established
If I had a loved one using. I would rather find a bottle of test. Then a bottle of M1t