Article on SD, LMG, MP-1 etc.

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.74%

Article on SD, LMG, MP-1 etc.

Interesting article. Half of it was probably written from a press release of some sort. The most intriguing line was that all five substances bore "structural resemblance to THG" ... seems unlikely.

Web of drug deceit

October 20, 2005

AUSTRALIAN sports chiefs yesterday renewed their warning to athletes to stay clear of dietary supplements after five new designer anabolic steroids were found in products targeted at the sports community.
    Professor Peter Fricker, director of the Australian Institute of Sport, said athletes "can never assume any supplement is safe".
    The five supplements easily available for sale over the internet boasted they could build bigger muscles rapidly.
    All were listed as nutritional food supplements, all claimed to be legal and all have now been identified in analytical tests as banned performance-enhancing substances.
    "They are all steroids. They are all going to be effective," said Don Catlin, the director of the US Olympic drug testing laboratory at UCLA.
    Catlin was the man who identified testrahydrogestrinone (THG) and norbolethone, the two designer steroids associated with BALCO, the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative run out of California by Victor Conte.
    Conte this week arranged a plea-bargain over his role in the BALCO drug supplying scandal, which sank the careers of 2003 world 100m and 200m sprint champion Kelli White, European 100m recordholder Dwain Chambers and several other world-class athletes, baseballers and footballers.
    Conte will serve four months in prison and a further four months home detention starting from today.
    Catlin said four of the designer steroids had never been seen before while a fifth was identified only two years ago. All bore a structural resemblance to THG.
    The products in question are Superdrol, Prostanozol and Ergomax LMG, Methyl 1-P and FiniGenX Magnum Liquid.
    The profiles for the new steroids have been passed on to the World Anti-Doping Agency.
    Fricker told The Daily Telegraph yesterday: "It just reinforces our concern there are supplements out there that contain banned substances and everyone has to recognise that the testing these days is so sensitive for a whole range of anabolic steroids that you can't assume the risks.
    "Despite what manufacturers might say, and reassurances from the suppliers, athletes should be warned you can never assume anything, never assume supplements are safe.
    "If someone wants to get advice on a supplement they should telephone the Australian Sports Drug Agency in Canberra or go to the AIS website and follow the links to nutrition and refer to the fact sheets on supplements."
    Fricker said the testing methodology was constantly improving "and being updated day to day".
    John Coates, president of the Australian Olympic Committee, said yesterday the AOC still maintains a warning to athletes against taking sports supplements "because you don't know what's in them".
    "Once you test positive, you're gone," Coates said.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.95%

interesting that they are starting to crack down in aus. as well- i also have a hard time believing that all of these compounds are "very similar" to THG- THG is pretty similar to trenbolone, while the rest of these compounds seem to be structurally similar to 17-aa orals
  3. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.18%

Quote Originally Posted by briancaswell
    interesting that they are starting to crack down in aus. as well- i also have a hard time believing that all of these compounds are "very similar" to THG- THG is pretty similar to trenbolone, while the rest of these compounds seem to be structurally similar to 17-aa orals
    The key word(s) are structural resemblance. Most AAS have some type of structural resemblance, even though they are completely different compounds.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.92%

They could just mean the "tweaks" imparted on the structures are similar.

They are not structurally similar, otherwise, except to say all steroids are structurally similar.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.74%

I wonder how many athletes have actually used these products.
  6. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.41%

Quote Originally Posted by supersteve
    I wonder how many athletes have actually used these products.

A significant percentage? I don't know. But I think it's safe to say that too MANY professional athletes have discovered the trend in 'supplements' and haven't been afraid to use them.

This brings us back to the topic of why the original Amy Shipley article, as well as all the others, are such big news. The majority of the population doesn't want to believe that their heros in sports could ever even THINK of using steriods....... Then they hear more factual information that makes them question what they believe to be innocent.
  7. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

they kept saying they contain banned substances. they dont! yet.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.68%

Quote Originally Posted by briancaswell
    Even though this threads dead, I am bored and cannot sleep so therefore will rhetort. THG or tetrahydrogestrinone(sp?) and tren (also nandrolone and drol et. al.)are progestins or progestin-like in their chemical structure. The same applies to most if not all of these currently legal substances. They are also progestins, the only difference being the attachment of that methyl group to the 17a carbon position. Not calling you out nor am I a chemistry major but I believe this is what the article was getting at. Not to mention I took a huge dose of melatonin and still can't sleep so am looking for something anything to do. lol! evry 3 hours ya know I luv my bulking diet! getting delirioouuius
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.2%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Parzival
    THG or tetrahydrogestrinone(sp?) and tren (also nandrolone and drol et. al.)are progestins or progestin-like in their chemical structure.
    Actually, calling them all THG, progestin, or progestin-like is just as accurate as saying they are testosterone-like. You could say they are all cholesterol-like in structure, but that doesn't spark controversy over doping in sports & sell arcticles.

The same applies to most if not all of these currently legal substances. They are also progestins, the only difference being the attachment of that methyl group to the 17a carbon position.
    This isn't completely accurate, either. I wouldn't call Superdrol, Prostan, or EMax progestins. These 3 are actually chemically closer to DHT, being 5a-Androstan compounds. All three have changes at the 17a position from known commercial steriods, not necessarily an addition (Prostan is actually a subtraction of the 17a methyl from winstrol, and EMax, aka DMT, has an additional change at the C-3 position).

Not calling you out nor am I a chemistry major but I believe this is what the article was getting at.
    Me either, and me either. But I do believe that the reference to being chemically similar to THG was intentionally to seem contraversial. I understand the way things come out when you're delirious. Hope you got some ZZZs.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.07%

Then get the **** out!

Quote Originally Posted by hisdudeness7
    **** this website
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.2%
    Achievements Posting Pro

^ I liked reading your response while picturing your avatar pointed at that retard.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Advice on Max LMG/ SD stack
    By MonsterGoblin in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-24-2011, 10:55 AM
  2. Recommendations on a SD/LMG + 4ad cycle
    By Tbrunson in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-04-2005, 08:12 AM
  3. Article On Box Squatting
    By YellowJacket in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 17