MAJOR HEALTH SCARE FOR FORMER ECW STAR

jverch

Board Supporter
Awards
Cause I'm sure he followed the proper dosing...just more fuel for the fire now.

"...he's been told he likely won't ever be able to use supplements again for fear of damaging his liver."

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=13767&p=1

Former ECW star CW Anderson will miss all of October due to a colistatic liver injury. In an attempt to improve his physique, Anderson began using a supplement called Superdrol that can be found in most GNC outlets.

The supplement turned out to be far too strong for his system, effectively shutting down his liver, causing jaundice, and a weight loss of close to 25 lbs. in 10 days. Anderson hadn't been feeling well but gutted his way through a WORLD-1 event in Philadelphia and the Hardcore Homecoming events in Pittsburgh and Cleveland last month. Although he made all his appearances, he knew something wasn't physically right.

After returning home, Anderson checked himself into the hospital on the advice of former WCW star Lodi. The doctors initially feared he was going to require a liver transplant. Thankfully, that turned out not to be the case, although he's been told he likely won't ever be able to use supplements again for fear of damaging his liver. At one point, he was averaging one hour of sleep a night because his body was itching so bad and he was regularly getting violently ill.

Anderson will be out of the ring until 11/5, when he faces Matt "Spike Dudley" Hyson at the Hardcore Homecoming November Reign event in Philadelphia, PA. Until then, he is working on regaining some of the muscle mass he lost during the illness. For more information on Anderson, or to send him a get well note, visit www.eCWAnderson.com.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
that's a damn shame, but those bros abuse and then some...

g4ud1n

Awards
  • Established
"Anderson began using a supplement called Superdrol that can be found in most GNC outlets"

They sold it at GNC?

I smell bullshit...

QUICKRYDE

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I will agree. I don't think he follow the proper PCT, if he did any PCT. I bet he started at a high dose and kept increasing the dosages. I bet he was using the Superdrol for long periods of time.

I remember I mention in this forum a couple of months ago that GNC was selling Superdrol to high school kids because I seen it happen at the mall.

Just think, we all are a handful of people with knowledge about these supplements but what about the other 97% of the people who just buy it at GNC or other Health food stores. They don't have a clue about proper PCT or the real timetable to take Superdrol and the dosages. They are just buying the Superdrol, popping the pills and waiting for their liver to breakdown or a heart attack because of their cholestrol levels. We all read the back of the Superdrol bottle and we all know they place some bad instruction on the back of the Superdrol bottle. Hmmm, just think about that teenager or adult who purchased that Superdrol at GNC and take it for six weeks at 30mg or 40mg. Can you now see their outcome...the same as the guy we just read about. :sad:

punta

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Its a shame it happened, even more of shame is that its getting superdrol even more unwanted publicity.

the finisher

Awards
is itchiness some sort of sign of liver problems?

texas

Awards
damn that sucks, i love ECW, i wonder if he just started taking superdrol and didnt stop, i mean i wonder if he actually cycled it, or just kept poping pills in his mouth every morning, i ran a 6 week cycle and my doctor said i was fine, i hope that it was because i ran the cycle right, not that i just got lucky

agreed with some of you guys, iv never seen superdrol at GNC

Nabeshin

Nabeshin

Awards
  • Established
Ultimately it's this guy's fault for not doing his research. There is no guarantee of safety in these things. That said, it's in the interest of the companies producing steroids to up the warning levels considerably --- perhaps these bottle should come with little instruction booklets.

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
hey quickryde, i was thinking the same exact thing. there are so many more people taking this stuff and not doing ANY research. I would expect a teenager to buy some SD and just start popping pills, but not an adult with a career on the line.

this might be the spark that adds SD to the list in conjunction with shipley's article.

QUICKRYDE

Awards
  • Established
First, they market the product as not a Steroid and had everyone on this board believing it's not a steroid or must I go back and pull the names of the people on this board that said it wasn't a steroid. I remember a large number of people bashing this guy that said it's a steroid.

This is the instruction someone would had read on back of the Superdrol bottle.

Superdrol™ (methasteron™) is definitely not a pro-hormone: it is a very active form of a designer supplement that is also highly anabolic. This supplement was designed to have it all, achieving only the best attributes with minimal side effects.

Designer Supplements and Anabolic Xtreme have teamed up to bring this product to you at a speed and in a way that could not have been done alone. This new AX/DS team has been working around the clock to bring to you Superdrol™ as quickly as possible.

What can you expect from Superdrol™?
The gains from Superdrol™ are very dry and lean, which means that you are going to make steady and strong gains without the excess water weight. All testers – who were selected in part because of their experience with running supplement growth cycles – found that the muscle gains produced from Superdrol were no less than 2/3 of anything they had ever tried before. More interestingly, they found very few side-effects to complain about.

Superdrol™ has a capacity for impressive and consistent gains in strength. Testers experienced dramatic and immediate strength gains, when consuming sufficient calories. To their surprise and our delight, every single one became stronger every single workout, and many personal bests were recorded, while volume increased. Gains are very dry, and it makes muscles noticeably more hard and dense. The gains from Superdrol™ will be impressive, and they will not take long to start, but they will be more gradual and consistent. Your numbers in the gym and on the tape measure will go up, not explosively, but they will go up surely and steadily.

The diuretic effects of Superdrol™ will at first mask the gains as you lose water and gain muscle. When mass begins to increase, it should do so disproportionately compared to tape-measurements. So if you are only checking the scale, or if you are not lean enough to notice the loss of water, persist and be rewarded. What all this really means, is that you are likely to retain and be rewarded for all your work, instead of losing it as your water retention resides.

Along with marked increases in strength, all testers observed undeniable increases in their endurance, whether in cardio or adding to the sets they could perform. Breathing and heart rates were not as high as expected.

When using Superdrol™, fat will not magically melt away, but nor will it especially inhibit fat loss on a cut. It is essentially fat loss neutral. When stacked together with a fat-burner / energy supplement such as Anabolic Xtreme Rampage™ you can expect to add a cutting effect to your cycle as well as increased energy and stamina.

How should it be used?
As with any compound, some people respond better than others. What this means for you is that you will need somewhere between 10 and 40mg of Superdrol per day, depending on your weight and training level. See the stacking guidelines for more details. Using recommended dosages, the testers, on average, gained five pounds of muscle in under three weeks, while losing water and gaining no fat on hyper caloric bulking diets. Superdrol is most effective when used during a bulking cycle. When using Superdrol to bulk it is very important to take it with meals that consist of high complex carbohydrates and proteins. Protein consumption should be around 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight daily.

Getting yourself covered..
You will want to increase your water intake while taking Superdrol to counter the diuretic effects. Because Superdrol is fat neutral, you can add a thermogenic effect by adding a fat-burner / energy supplement to your cycle. As for Post-Cycle Therapy, do not suppose that you can get away without using proper PCT following the use of Superdrol. The dosing and length of your PCT will depend on the length of your Superdrol cycle. Consult user feedback and the Designer Supplements write-up on Rebound XT™ to make your best PCT decisions. Rebound XT contains the unmatched, patent-pending compound Diene-3™.

With Superdrol, if anything is close to necessary, it would be general liver protection product. Everything else is strictly optional, and can be used in a complementary stack Superdrol, not as something necessary to counter the deficiencies of the primary mass builder.

Stacking Superdrol
Rest assured, Superdrol works very well on its own, however, your results will always be improved when stacking with other great products that add to the results. While Superdrol is much better for bulking, if used for cutting, a good thermogenic like Anabolic Xtreme Rampage can be added to increase results.

You will also want to plan out your Post Cycle Therapy (PCT) and which product you will be taking to help keep your gains. Rebound XT by Designer Supplements is unmatched in terms of estrogen control, and boosting of natural testosterone levels.

Here is a recommendation for a 200lb male:
For a very effective anabolic cycle of ten weeks duration, including PCT. On to the details: run Superdrol for 6 weeks with an increasing dosage to achieve the best results. Following the completion of this cycle, four weeks of Rebound XT will bring your natural testosterone production back to where it should be. See the stacking link on this website for more details.

WEEKS ........................AMOUNT...........................PRODUCT
• Weeks 1-2 ..................2 caps (20 mg) ..................Superdrol™
• Weeks 3-4 ..................3 caps (30 mg) ..................Superdrol™
• Weeks 5-6 ..................4 caps (40 mg) ..................Superdrol™
• Week 7 .......................4 caps (100 mg) ................Rebound XT™
• Week 8 .......................3 caps (75 mg) ..................Rebound XT™
• Week 9 .......................2 caps (50 mg) ..................Rebound XT™
• Week 10 .....................1 cap (25 mg) ....................Rebound XT™

You can combine this stack with Anabolic Xtreme Rampage for explosive workouts.. Rampage would be taken 30 minutes prior to your workout.

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving
Methasteron 10mg

Directions
As a dietary supplement, take 2 to 3 capsules daily.

Warning:
This product is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. Women should not use this product

I'm not bashing the product because I was a user of the product and it's a damn good product but I'm just pointing out what the regular Joe at GNC would had read on back of the bottle. Yes, everyone should do research regarding any medication but it does rest on the company to furnish all the needed info before a product hit the market. When all the info is not listed....the companies will be hit with lawsuits when the damages start to show up in the user's body and the media will do their thang.

Ultimately it's this guy's fault for not doing his research. There is no guarantee of safety in these things. That said, it's in the interest of the companies producing steroids to up the warning levels considerably --- perhaps these bottle should come with little instruction booklets.

Haggerty

Haggerty

Awards
Yeah, I believe he either took SD for too long of a cycle or didn't properly PCT.

I personally wouldn't use SD more than 4 weeks.

Nabeshin

Nabeshin

Awards
  • Established
Yes, everyone should do research regarding any medication but it does rest on the company to furnish all the needed info before a product hit the market.
FTS. I should be free to sell you cow patties. If I try to tell you they do anything good, then I'm lying, and that's bad. But if you just buy them and chow down, that's your problem.

Similarly, if DS had said "there are no risks," that would be one thing. But they didn't. The writeup certainly makes it sound less risky than the alternatives, and that's probably true --- but to assume that there is no risk involved is a fault of logic on the consumer. You should be responsible for the safety of what you consume --- either by verifying its safeness directly, or getting somebody to guarantee it for you (in which case, you can seek recourse if the guarantee proves to be baseless).

I'm not saying that this is how our society works. People, by and large, expect to have an advising authority point their dicks in the right direction while they piss. I'm talking about how I think our society should work.

Manly men assume responsibility for themselves. Castrated pussy men expect somebody else to take care of them.

Goddamn I'm pissed. Just ignore me.

End rant.

texas

Awards
i also think that if your going to market a steroid, but dont actually say it is just to get around the law, whats to stop someone who doesnt know what their doing from buying this because they thought it was better than creatine, but i do think that even if you were to just pick up a bottle of not knowing exactly what superdrol is, you could at least be smart enough to read on the back where it says

Getting yourself covered..
You will want to increase your water intake while taking Superdrol to counter the diuretic effects. Because Superdrol is fat neutral, you can add a thermogenic effect by adding a fat-burner / energy supplement to your cycle. As for Post-Cycle Therapy, do not suppose that you can get away without using proper PCT following the use of Superdrol. The dosing and length of your PCT will depend on the length of your Superdrol cycle. Consult user feedback and the Designer Supplements write-up on Rebound XT™ to make your best PCT decisions. Rebound XT contains the unmatched, patent-pending compound Diene-3™.

With Superdrol, if anything is close to necessary, it would be general liver protection product. Everything else is strictly optional, and can be used in a complementary stack Superdrol, not as something necessary to counter the deficiencies of the primary mass builder.

You will also want to plan out your Post Cycle Therapy (PCT) and which product you will be taking to help keep your gains. Rebound XT by Designer Supplements is unmatched in terms of estrogen control, and boosting of natural testosterone levels.

Here is a recommendation for a 200lb male:
For a very effective anabolic cycle of ten weeks duration, including PCT. On to the details: run Superdrol for 6 weeks with an increasing dosage to achieve the best results. Following the completion of this cycle, four weeks of Rebound XT will bring your natural testosterone production back to where it should be. See the stacking link on this website for more details.

WEEKS ........................AMOUNT...........................PRODUCT
• Weeks 1-2 ..................2 caps (20 mg) ..................Superdrol™
• Weeks 3-4 ..................3 caps (30 mg) ..................Superdrol™
• Weeks 5-6 ..................4 caps (40 mg) ..................Superdrol™
• Week 7 .......................4 caps (100 mg) ................Rebound XT™
• Week 8 .......................3 caps (75 mg) ..................Rebound XT™
• Week 9 .......................2 caps (50 mg) ..................Rebound XT™
• Week 10 .....................1 cap (25 mg) ....................Rebound XT™

i guess companys should give a little more info on the "legal supplements", but also if you do buy superdrol without knowing anything about it, you should at least do what they say for PCT, somethings better than nothing

diminuendo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
There is a ton of product at GNC that will f(*& you up silly if abused.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I agree with QUICKRYDE here. I know that if I had not found this board when I did, I would have eventually come across superdrol, and taken it JUST like it indicated on the back of the bottle. After all, why shouldn't I? No one else has told me any different, no one at GNC where I bought it told me any different, no one in the gym knows I'm taking it, so all I would have known would have been to follow the directions on the bottle. Whether or not anything detrimental would've happened, I'll never know, I'm just putting the facts out there. It's really a two-edged sword, being a member of this community because you get the WONDERFUL benefits of associating with an enjoyable, knowledgeable group of people, but you also see the flipside of things - that disappointment of seeing the other 99% of people who have no idea what the **** is going on because they don't have access to the knowledge a lot of us have...

WhutEvr

Awards
  • Established
Wonder if the guy didn't have liver disease before he started taking SD?

CyberMuscle

CyberMuscle

Awards
The fact that they said the superdrol was purchased at a GNC is whats messed up. First of all GNC will not allow their stores to carry it. So if a store is carrying it they can get in some serious trouble if corporate headquarters finds out. GNC is too worried about lawsuits to carry any of the new designer stuff. Hell they pulled pro hormones off their shleves almost a year before they were banned.

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
Some GNC stores can carry anything they want... you can own your own branch and what not

PastorofMuppets

Awards
Gee with that fat tub of a body there is no way he might have...I dunno....DRANK ALCOHOL while taking it either?

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
If I was a retailer or manufacture I would never sell any meythel compounds. You are just rolling the dice and when something like this eventually happens you will get sued. We all know mythels are hard on your liver but the average Joe doesn't. For the educated here its great these guys are selling these products, but the manufacture and retailers are taking a huge risk. Any jury any were that hears liver problem and steroid use will associate the two.

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
A couple of thoughts:

1). Superdrol probably isn't the first and only anabolic he has ever used. I really don't believe he was a 'newb' to this.

1a). He's probably playing the same game all of the tested athletes play. That is, blaming a legal 'supplement' for their usage of performance enhancing drugs. In this case, he probably had someone give him advice to blaim Superdrol to avoid the political consequences of owning up to illegal steriod usage.

1b). He may have used Superdrol almost endlessly.

1c). He may have used Superdrol stacked with other miscellaneous drugs, (methylated androgens + pain killers or whatever). I hardly think he thought his health was on the line. He's probably abused steriods for his entire career.

2). Alcohol was probably a cornerstone of his diet.

3). He probably hasn't ever had a blood test done. He never thought it was necessary to see a doc because he felt just fine. This means, as is usually the case since liver disease is usually a slowly developed problem with AAS use, he has either abused orals for a long, long time, or he had a genetic liver condition.

My point is, I hardly doubt Superdrol, by itself, caused him the problems he has faced.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Wrestlers are notorious for living pretty reckless lifestyles. If you drink a bottle of vodka a night and then take a methylated hormones on top of it your asking for it.

ABiLiTY

ABiLiTY

Awards
  • Established
When M1T first came out, I think i was 19. I went to a local supplement store. The owner of the store told me to take 20mg ed for 6 weeks(whole bottle). Of course i was more educated, knowing not to use it at all at that piont. But i bet there were kids going in there taking his advice and buying it.

The next summer i was talking to some kids that bought m1t from the particular store. They were doing the 6 weeks cycles, while drinking 4x's per week, no mention of pct. They were popping it like candy, and actually, they still are.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
The danger lies not so much in the products themselves but in the ignorance of the users.

Of course, most supplement companies haven't done people any favors by supplying much in way of needful info on the label either.

Still, I'd have to say that the onus is on the user. Especially considering that most of these products do come with at least a basic warning label which one would think might make people wary enough to delve further into learning about it.

The problem then becomes when Joe Schmoe at the GNC or wherever IS the authority they turn to...

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
A couple of thoughts:

1). Superdrol probably isn't the first and only anabolic he has ever used. I really don't believe he was a 'newb' to this.

1a). He's probably playing the same game all of the tested athletes play. That is, blaming a legal 'supplement' for their usage of performance enhancing drugs. In this case, he probably had someone give him advice to blaim Superdrol to avoid the political consequences of owning up to illegal steriod usage.

1b). He may have used Superdrol almost endlessly.

1c). He may have used Superdrol stacked with other miscellaneous drugs, (methylated androgens + pain killers or whatever). I hardly think he thought his health was on the line. He's probably abused steriods for his entire career.

2). Alcohol was probably a cornerstone of his diet.

3). He probably hasn't ever had a blood test done. He never thought it was necessary to see a doc because he felt just fine. This means, as is usually the case since liver disease is usually a slowly developed problem with AAS use, he has either abused orals for a long, long time, or he had a genetic liver condition.

My point is, I hardly doubt Superdrol, by itself, caused him the problems he has faced.
I agree with rhinochaser48 100%. This guy absolutly did not arrive at the point of a "possible liver transplant" from 10 days of SD use.

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
that is true.. but what only matters is what they print in the funny papers... no one wants to listen to the truth

CyberMuscle

CyberMuscle

Awards
Some GNC stores can carry anything they want... you can own your own branch and what not
Your right franchisee stores can carry whatever they want but the product still has to be GNC approved.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I will agree. I don't think he follow the proper PCT, if he did any PCT.
This didnt have pretty much anything to do with PCT.

Had to be entirely time and dose dependent....and genetic.....and BS if he's lying about exactly what he took....oh and lifestyle, too...drinking, etc.

magic8ball

Awards
One of the only ways the supplement manufacturers could escape the blame of the uninformed public would be to change their packaging of the products. Maybe try a three bottle pack with the product, milk thistle, and PCT. Everything must be idiot-proofed.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
This didnt have pretty much anything to do with PCT.

Had to be entirely time and dose dependent....and genetic.....and BS if he's lying about exactly what he took....oh and lifestyle, too...drinking, etc.
correct PCT has little to do with the liver.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
FTS. I should be free to sell you cow patties. If I try to tell you they do anything good, then I'm lying, and that's bad. But if you just buy them and chow down, that's your problem.
correct, like cigarettes, like alcohol, like mcdonalds.

credible_threat

Awards
I would very much like to know if incidents like this are correlated with pre-existing hepitits conditions.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I've seen this sort of over-dose situation before where you get a huge guy who's a seasoned juicer and he thinks because it's an OTC supp that it can't possibly be strong so he takes 10x the recommended dose. LOL, well, guess what? SD is as strong as it gets. I'd bet money that's what happened with our wrestler...but it'd be nice to know the circumstances surrounding this incident.

I knew a semi-pro BBer who took like 200 mgs of M1T for several days because he had the same attitude.."can't be too strong." He ended up with choleostatic liver shock as well.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I knew a semi-pro BBer who took like 200 mgs of M1T for several days because he had the same attitude.."can't be too strong." He ended up with choleostatic liver shock as well.

Uh, ouch.