Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.67%

abc news.com reporting on sd maxlmg prostan

2. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.06%

*sigh* Now at least teenagers won't see this on the NATIONAL NEWS that their parents watch, go get online, and take 500 mg / SD / day for 5 months...

That's like going up to your kid and going "hey, don't smoke weed now, but see that guy hanging out on the corner, he's got a half ounce on him right now that he'd sell to ya, CHEAP! *wink wink*"
  3. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.28%

http://www.alrindustries.com/4_hydroxy_d.htm

it is working for them (the media)
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.42%

Well, that about wraps things up for these supplements. Better stock up now.
  5. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.06%

That's All, Folks!
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by article
    This comes as no surprise to Obermeyer, who said the companies sounded like "fly-by-night" operations.
    Yeah, DS, ALRI, etc. sure are fly-by-night operations. This guy definitely knows what he's saying. Lame.
  7. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.82%

The media sucks ass.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.57%

Angry

What a jokester, "these products do not list what they contain on the label" he he .. What a teabagger!
    The implication is that companies are secretly puting steroids in there products and not telling the unwitting consumer.
  9. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.04%

****!

I wonder, if we got down on our knees and just begged them en masse, if there was any way we could be left alone. I am appalled that we are continually denied access to physique enhancing supplements. The madness of it enrages me beyond words.
  10. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Fascist bastards!!! FATASS Fascist Bastards!!
  11. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.88%

Buy now
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.37%

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrownedOne
    Yeah, DS, ALRI, etc. sure are fly-by-night operations. This guy definitely knows what he's saying. Lame.
    It's not a guy...its a woman and she does one HELL of a hatchet job on these companies.

I am so sick of this crap. I really hate the media.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.56%

This is BS... F$#% the media!
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.35%

Wait Superdrol is not a vitamin? Hmm, the label doesn't say "Harmless supplement" anywhere that I can see. Funny they don't mention how it HAS to be labeled as a supplement otherwise we wouldn't be getting it for the very short time it's around.

"Representatives from each of the companies declined or did not respond to multiple written and telephone requests by the newspaper for interviews." Thats funny too; these "Amature chemists" took the time out of their "fly-by-night operation" to answer every e-mail I've ever sent them, and I've even heard there is a message board on the internet where they give and receive user/tester feedback.

The only logical solution is that the whole article is a typo. It certainly is not a well researched piece of journalism.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.55%

Quote Originally Posted by klugman
    It's not a guy...its a woman and she does one HELL of a hatchet job on these companies.

I am so sick of this crap. I really hate the media.
    William Obermeyer is a woman? I think not.
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.37%

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrownedOne
    William Obermeyer is a woman? I think not.
    My bad, I thought you were talking about the reporter Joy Victory...not the Dr.
  17. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.1%

The only way I can see to win this war is to put out the word that steroids do not kill. there's also the perception that all supplements are steroids. If there is such a steroid problem then why are there so many fat asses out there making my health insurance go up.

ok. I'm better now.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.55%

Ignorance will always prevail because it is easier to believe "those in the know" without objection, after all they're the "they" consistently referred to when referencing knowledge. "They" will always give the people what they want: sensationalism.
    The Wise - the minority - will seek after wisdom and knowledge while the Foolish -the majority - will seek ignorance and pleasure. In "their" eyes it is simply better to appease the majority and let the minority care for themselves.
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.47%

FDA>< US
    what the ****, how do they even get this information? are there narks on forums or something? maybe the FDA should check some of the sites that actually sell real roids

plus beer says that you shouldnt drink it till your 21
    ALRI's 4 hydroxy said that you shouldnt take it till your 21

and the difference would be? they said you can buy supplements online, yea so, before i was 21 i use to buy my beer online, its easy for the FDA not to check out the sites that ship would ship a bottle of vodka to a 18 year old so he or she can act stupid and maybe hurt someone else, but if someone buys a supplement online that could only put the person buying it at risk not anyone else, thats so much worse, pshh, id rather take supplements and do it smart, than sit on my ass and be high and drunk every night
  20. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.35%

I'd suggest a massive letter writing campaign on the part of us and anyone we can get to join us to the editors of the papers that printed these two most recent articles. I'm already planning to do this when I get home. Points to address across the two articles would be:

1) The companies are not fly by night organizations. They are very prompt in answering emails, and if emails sent by the papers weren't answered it's for two reasons: one, they weren't sent; two, the companies know they will not get a fair hearing in the papers so they didn't bother to answer to avoid selective quoting and exposure they'd rather not get.

2) Steroids can be used safely. Whether sports organizations allow them or not is their business, and no good is served by jailing otherwise law abiding adults for possession and use. An act of congress isn't needed to get the sports organizations testing for certain substances if they want to, they are not another branch of government but private entities that can set whatever rules of participation they wish.

3) Probably wouldn't hurt to site the JAMA and other studies showing few if any negative health effects, certainly no life threatening ones, when dosages and duration of use are kept sane. Also wouldn't hurt to point to the relative unreliability of studies showing negative health effects that are often sited by the government and health organizations. Problems of megadosing, duration of use, oral vs injectable, etc. The absence of any long term studies and the government's own websites claiming incidence of life threatening health effects being low to nonexistant might be helpful.

4) Any other points anyone can come up with.
  21. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.42%

Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    I'd suggest a massive letter writing campaign on the part of us and anyone we can get to join us to the editors of the papers that printed these two most recent articles. I'm already planning to do this when I get home. Points to address across the two articles would be:

1) The companies are not fly by night organizations. They are very prompt in answering emails, and if emails sent by the papers weren't answered it's for two reasons: one, they weren't sent; two, the companies know they will not get a fair hearing in the papers so they didn't bother to answer to avoid selective quoting and exposure they'd rather not get.

2) Steroids can be used safely. Whether sports organizations allow them or not is their business, and no good is served by jailing otherwise law abiding adults for possession and use. An act of congress isn't needed to get the sports organizations testing for certain substances if they want to, they are not another branch of government but private entities that can set whatever rules of participation they wish.

3) Probably wouldn't hurt to site the JAMA and other studies showing few if any negative health effects, certainly no life threatening ones, when dosages and duration of use are kept sane. Also wouldn't hurt to point to the relative unreliability of studies showing negative health effects that are often sited by the government and health organizations. Problems of megadosing, duration of use, oral vs injectable, etc. The absence of any long term studies and the government's own websites claiming incidence of life threatening health effects being low to nonexistant might be helpful.

4) Any other points anyone can come up with.
    When the PH ban was happening, I wrote a letter to my school paper defending them. It was well written, had all my facts backed up but was easily accessible to any person who knew about supplements or not. They didn't publish it. They didn't want to hear out the opposing side (this was a front page story for my school paper also). They did publish a commentary from a guy who got gyno from 1-AD.

Not saying nobody will listen but I've personally tried.
  22. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.75%

I love how they refer to themsleves as "steroid experts"

If they were experts they would know they can be used safely.
  23. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.47%

i already wrote a letter to my congressman a few months ago, all i got back was an email that said "thank you for your concern, take care"

and i wish they could tell us who has died from superdrol? and scientist are always saying this and this causes cancer, well why the hell doesnt the FDA look into that....because EVERYTHING now a days could be harmful, look at barry bonds, he was juicing and he got a couple of home runs,maybe they should find out where he got real steroids from and bust them, we use superdrol and they think we are going to be found dead in a gym?

the government should put forth the effort that they do of banning supplements and video games, to more important things
  24. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.15%

we know it's coming, but we also know that the creative forces of free enterprise will roll on. Sucks the way things seem to be heading, but we should stay positive.
  25. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.35%

Stupid, misinformed, and gay. People like this are the reason simple freedoms are taken away. Un****ingbelievable!
  26. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.1%

CBD you might point out the fact that so many people are overweight and atheletes and steroids reduce the percentages. a guy on steroids is healthier than a guy on fast food. remind them that they all have steroids in their bodies now. point to the benefits to aging adults. anyway see if you can do anything with that.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

This **** is getting out of control. I have the feeling that there is a war on muscle now. You can't watch TV for one week without hearing some horror story about steroids or even supplements.

How can these guys be experts and call DS, ALRI fly-by-night operations ? They obviously don't care about the truth they just want to push their own political agenda at our expense.
  28. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.42%

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    This **** is getting out of control. I have the feeling that there is a war on muscle now. You can't watch TV for one week without hearing some horror story about steroids or even supplements.

How can these guys be experts and call DS, ALRI fly-by-night operations ? They obviously don't care about the truth they just want to push their own political agenda at our expense.
    Its not a war on muscle. Its a war on masculinity in general.
  29. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Here is the Washington Post Article

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...101701622.html

Of particular interest to board members should be this quote:
    ALRI head Author L. Rea and industry partner Bruce Kneller of Gaspari Nutrition, which has a working relationship with ALRI, wrote in an open letter to The Post on a public Internet message board that "none of the compounds we have developed and currently market are in current violation of any controlled substance act at either the federal or state level. . . . We feel our products are correctly [and legally] marketed to and for educated, intelligent adult men."
    Agree or disagree with the laws is your choice. The point being...they know who and where you are. He may not be your 'Big Brother', but he is watching
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.34%

Angry

Hello,

I've been reading this board with great interest. I've been involved with general bodybuilding knowledge over the Internet for over 10 years. I also use to read 2 other boards, "SM" and "AR" to NOT name them.

I mean, the intelligent, mature bodybuilders are ALL here. On those other boards, you see a guy with 8,000 posts saying the stupidest things. Those guys know NOTHING. It is worse than pitiful, it is disheartening. I mean, you've got people recommending tren to women who are new to lifting...

My point is this: the laws and rules are made to protect people from their own stupidity. Of course that can't work because stupidity will eventually kill its owner, no matter what.

Supplements? Sure lots of people are WAY too stupid to use them right. They will keep on getting banned, IMO. Not because they're bad or anything, but because they can be made out to be the enemy, until joe average wakes up and realizes that STUPIDITY is the only enemy and begins actually learning something instead of waiting for the government to make the "right" choices for him...

JMO of course...
  31. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.35%

Quote Originally Posted by B5150
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...101701622.html

Of particular interest to board members should be this quote:Agree or disagree with the laws is your choice. The point being...they know who and where you are. He may not be your 'Big Brother', but he is watching
    Too bad he isn't reading.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 05:18 PM
  2. Bloat on SD And Prostan...WTF?
    By dertynasty in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-24-2006, 02:51 PM
  3. pro opinions on SD,ergomax,prostan cycle
    By efunk12345 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-12-2005, 10:57 PM