Amy Shipley's article = done

okboy63

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
She is saving the world from people trying to get fit and healthy. What a noble thing she has done

Pax

Pax

Awards
  • Established
"One contained a steroid that came to the attention of authorities just two years ago but, until now, was thought to be in only limited circulation"I wonder which one she is talking about? I am going to guess ErgoMax since If I remember correctly, I remember reading about it being essentialy DMT (desoxymethyltestosterone). If I remember correctly.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
And this might just be the beginning. Two officials with prominent U.S. dietary supplement companies, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said it is easy for companies to outwit drug testers. "There's an unlimited pool of steroids," one official said. "You could do this for the next 100 years. . . ."
Well as long as we support the supplement companies and they have the funds to continue, hopefully this statement will hold true... And Congress can't just say "No supplements of any kind can be sold anymore", and that's basically what it will take I think. If they DO go that route, I'll be finding another country in which to reside... To hell with my freedoms being opressed by a bunch of rich lardasses who support burger king and mcdonald's til the death...

Last edited:
CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Well as long as we support the supplement companies and they have the funds to continue, hopefully this statement will hold true... And Congress can't just say "No supplements of any kind can be sold anymore", and that's basically what it will take I think. If they DO go that route, I'll be finding another country in which to reside... To hell with my freedoms being opressed by a bunch of rich lardasses who support burger king and mcdonald's til the death...
Not a bad idea.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Not a bad idea.
The ignorance that an action of that magnitude would imply is unacceptable in my eyes, from a body governing a country. Maybe I shouldn't say ignorance, but rather greediness? Or perhaps fear / stupidity? I don't know, but it makes no sense why people can support big tobacco, alcohol, and McDonald's when the #1 cause of death of teenagers is automobile crashes, usually alcohol related, and the top killer of middle - older age people is heart disease / lung cancer, caused greatly by fast food (bad diets) and cigarettes... Yet there have been NO deaths linked to AAS, and supplements aren't even in the same sport as steroids, much less ballpark. Just thinking about the way this country works is enough to make me completely enraged sometimes...

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
The ignorance that an action of that magnitude would imply is unacceptable in my eyes, from a body governing a country. Maybe I shouldn't say ignorance, but rather greediness? Or perhaps fear / stupidity? I don't know, but it makes no sense why people can support big tobacco, alcohol, and McDonald's when the #1 cause of death of teenagers is automobile crashes, usually alcohol related, and the top killer of middle - older age people is heart disease / lung cancer, caused greatly by fast food (bad diets) and cigarettes... Yet there have been NO deaths linked to AAS, and supplements aren't even in the same sport as steroids, much less ballpark. Just thinking about the way this country works is enough to make me completely enraged sometimes...
You just said what most of us are thinking. I was anyways. Good post.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Not good news.
True, but one common underlying trend I've noticed is that Congress usually doesn't crack down until one of the following happens due to the use of these products:

-Someone dies
-Some famous athlete is busted for use of one of the products

Basically anything that would warrant negative media attention. It has taken that for them to REALLY crack down, up to this point, and I'm hoping this continues. If it doesn't, we'll all be on test / dbol and the black market will be making the money, I really hope Amy Shipley realizes that moot point...

Also, kudos to Author L. Rea for, what I thought was GREAT P.R.:

ALRI head Author L. Rea and industry partner Bruce Kneller of Gaspari Nutrition, which has a working relationship with ALRI, wrote in an open letter to The Post on a public Internet message board that "none of the compounds we have developed and currently market are in current violation of any controlled substance act at either the federal or state level. . . . We feel our products are correctly [and legally] marketed to and for educated, intelligent adult men."
And as long as our chemists have the means to research, I'm going to keep a positive outlook and not let this try to piss me off to much, because we all know what a bitch stress is :D

"THE MOST POTENT DIETARY SUPPLEMENT EVER DEVELOPED FOR SIZE AND STRENGTH IS STILL LEGAL!" the advertisement says. "Finigenx Magnum . . . was not on the updated Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2004. We had independent chemists search the 'Act'" from top to bottom for Finigenx Magnum or any ingredients that are in our solution and they came up with ZERO, ZIP, NADA."
Make ban list --> Research & Develop new products --> Update ban list --> Research & Develop More --> Repeat

Support your supplement companies and know who's on your side is the best thing we can all do!

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with any supplement development company of any kind, this is just how I feel about the situation, not an adversitement or sales gimmick :lol:

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yeh thats true what you said that everyone would be going on proper AAS... This i think would make it worse due to the black market.....Remember america think. Black market= leaking market.

Also as said on bodybuilding.com as new products develop due to the ban list it will become gradually more toxic
There may be some truth to this, I can see how some would make that assumption, but aren't there some products under development now that are non-methylated and less toxic than the current ones we have out? I've been going natural (protein only) since july after my first SD cycle so I'm not up on what all supps are out, so correct me if I'm wrong...

I just tend to scoff at about 90% of what I read on bb.com, I usually go there for a good laugh, that's about it.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Nice one-sided reporting, bitch! :rasp:

I think the time is definitely up for the products mentioned. If anyone has seen recent Legal Gear ads you would no time is just about up anyways. Those donkies have a new ad in MD that reads "Legal Gear Releases its New Legal Prohormones"

They are as much an enemy to the industry as the ignorant, biased woman who wrote that story.

BTW, that open letter was posted at non other than AM.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Prostanozol is also one remember
My sig gives a pretty accurate portrayal of what I think about prostan, based on my personal experience... :sad:

However, I've seen a few threads on bb.com regarding mega-dosing prostan @ 400mg/day... :toofunny:

Sorry for straying off topic btw, don't want to turn this into another "bash bb.com" thread... :)

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Nice one-sided reporting, bitch! :rasp:

I think the time is definitely up for the products mentioned. If anyone has seen recent Legal Gear ads you would no time is just about up anyways. Those donkies have a new ad in MD that reads "Legal Gear Releases its New Legal Prohormones"

They are as much an enemy to the industry as the ignorant, biased woman who wrote that story.

BTW, that open letter was posted at non other than AM.
Not surprising... I haven't been around in awhile, so I wasn't aware. But that should've been expected since this is the best bb board I've seen on the net...

WhutEvr

Awards
  • Established
It's not just the manufacturers that are hosing it up with their ads.
There's a Nutrition City (local chain) store outside of a large mall a few miles from me that has a huge sign up announcing that they have "legal steroids" for sale.
Talk about stupidity.:wtf:

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
Grammar was terrible for someone wanting their 15 minutes as a "Breaking News" reporter. Instances of misused quotations, and lines like "Prostanozoland Ergomax LMG," (meant to be "Prostanozol and Ergomax LMG"). And she does this for a living. Looks like she's not too much better at research. :study:

Well Ms. Shipley, I hope you're proud. :FUfinger:

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That women is a complete dipshit. First of all when did it become the governments job to stop everyone from using a substance just because the 1% that are in sports might use it. What the **** is up with our country and making the majority the minority. We get rules slapped on us to stop the very few out there from breaking the rules. Our country is fucked up. And whenever i try to explain to others about this, they just look at me. Today its something I love, tomorrow its something the rest love. Eventually everyone will understand; I wonder what will happen when we realize we are trying to be controlled in every way. (at least Ill be able to get a double-cheeseburger when that day comes)

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It seems like these companies wont mention any names cough LEGAL GEAR, GASPARI !!! have not learned, you cannot advertise in such a reckless manner, in no way am i pointing fingers, but truthfully things like that are in open view are open for discussion. Just as it seems like i can get some serious size from legal supps, they are going to be yanked AGAIN !!! why because PROSTEROIDS are back !!! Damn this pisses me off, and i cannot help but wonder what America has against us "users" who want to look better, and use the means to get the look we want. :frustrate :rant: :rant: :rant:

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Grammar was terrible for someone wanting their 15 minutes as a "Breaking News" reporter. Instances of misused quotations, and lines like "Prostanozoland Ergomax LMG," (meant to be "Prostanozol and Ergomax LMG"). And she does this for a living. Looks like she's not too much better at research. :study:

Well Ms. Shipley, I hope you're proud. :FUfinger:

That women is a complete dipshit. First of all when did it become the governments job to stop everyone from using a substance just because the 1% that are in sports might use it. What the **** is up with our country and making the majority the minority. We get rules slapped on us to stop the very few out there from breaking the rules. Our country is fucked up. And whenever i try to explain to others about this, they just look at me. Today its something I love, tomorrow its something the rest love. Eventually everyone will understand; I wonder what will happen when we realize we are trying to be controlled in every way. (at least Ill be able to get a double-cheeseburger when that day comes)
Exactly bro, exactly...

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i've been wanting to use this for a while::FUfinger:

seriously, she should've responded to ALR's open letter in the ALRI forum. She didn't want to be proved wrong about responsible usage by responsible people.

More people have died as a result of OD'ing on tylenol, but should that be made illegal?
No matter where you go there are going to be people that use products responsibly and people that don't.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i've been wanting to use this for a while::FUfinger:

seriously, she should've responded to ALR's open letter in the ALRI forum. She didn't want to be proved wrong about responsible usage by responsible people.

More people have died as a result of OD'ing on tylenol, but should that be made illegal?
No matter where you go there are going to be people that use products responsibly and people that don't.
Yet another good point... I think the good people of AM.com should replace all the douchebags in Congress and then take over the job of running the country... It would without a doubt be a more fair, free, and enjoyable place to live anyway... Maybe not the richest in terms of money, but anyone who values that the most has insecurity issues that go much deeper into psychology than I am able to accurately express... :D

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
How is her article one sided and far from the truth? I fail to see where she demonizes steroids and it's users. The improper labeling section is correct as is practically ever other part of her article. She merely reported the current state of the market and how loopholes are being used.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How is her article one sided and far from the truth? I fail to see where she demonizes steroids and it's users. The improper labeling section is correct as is practically ever other part of her article. She merely reported the current state of the market and how loopholes are being used.
It's one sided because she's just blasting something that is manufactured for the use of responsible adults. Why doesn't she fucking blast alcohol, it kills thousands more than steroids / prohormones do, I can GUARANTEE that... No one said she's 'far from the truth' as far as the loopholing goes, the issue is why even report on this **** anyway? She's stuck her nose somewhere that her non-associates-degree-having-ass doesn't belong if you ask me. It's like the little fucker in kindergarten that ratted you out for chewing gum in class, that led to the teacher dragging you out in the hall by the ear only to bust your ass in front of everyone. That **** just isnt' cool, bro..

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Also, if Prostanozol is a steroid (I know technically it is), then they might as well call patty cakes steroids too, because patty cakes would do more for me than fucking prostanozol did...

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
horray for the fucking liberals at the washington post
get a life

WhutEvr

Awards
  • Established
It's one sided because she's just blasting something that is manufactured for the use of responsible adults. Why doesn't she fucking blast alcohol, it kills thousands more than steroids / prohormones do, I can GUARANTEE that... No one said she's 'far from the truth' as far as the loopholing goes, the issue is why even report on this **** anyway? She's stuck her nose somewhere that her non-associates-degree-having-ass doesn't belong if you ask me. It's like the little fucker in kindergarten that ratted you out for chewing gum in class, that led to the teacher dragging you out in the hall by the ear only to bust your ass in front of everyone. That **** just isnt' cool, bro..
Simple reason she went after supps; it's a niche market, very little money being spent to lobby(pay off) gov officials, no organized voice being heard from the companies, and sports stars getting busted for steroids (riding the wave).

Alcohol and tobacco kill more each year than steroid/ph/etc. ever will, BUT they have $$$$ so no one's going to ban the use of them.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Simple reason she went after supps; it's a niche market, very little money being spent to lobby(pay off) gov officials, no organized voice being heard from the companies, and sports stars getting busted for steroids (riding the wave).

Alcohol and tobacco kill more each year than steroid/ph/etc. ever will, BUT they have $$$$ so no one's going to ban the use of them.
My point exactly...

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Maybe companies like Legal Gear who advertise blatantly like that have a point. Every political movement that gets attention and makes some serious change starts out with an in-your-face attitude. Maybe they should be doing that, and we should be more open about it instead of trying to skulk around like criminals, enjoying what we have until it gets taken away and then just biching about it. I'm starting to like the open attitude. It's nice to say to someone, "Yes, these are steroids. Yes, I've used them. And, since I'm not a monster, not in ill health and not adversely affecting other people or selling to kids, why don't you just mind your own fucking business?"

Nothing pisses busy bodies off more than direct challenges to their apparent God given right to run everyone else's life. And when pissed, usually it becomes clear what complete wastes of life they are. Maybe to get our point of view across we should start being more open and blatant about who we are and what we do. If more people realized that their neighbor is doing roids and isn't running around killing people, they'd get a little more clued in to the reality of the situation.

"We're on gear! We're here! Get fucking used to it!"

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Maybe companies like Legal Gear who advertise blatantly like that have a point. Every political movement that gets attention and makes some serious change starts out with an in-your-face attitude. Maybe they should be doing that, and we should be more open about it instead of trying to skulk around like criminals, enjoying what we have until it gets taken away and then just biching about it. I'm starting to like the open attitude. It's nice to say to someone, "Yes, these are steroids. Yes, I've used them. And, since I'm not a monster, not in ill health and not adversely affecting other people or selling to kids, why don't you just mind your own fucking business?"

Nothing pisses busy bodies off more than direct challenges to their apparent God given right to run everyone else's life. And when pissed, usually it becomes clear what complete wastes of life they are. Maybe to get our point of view across we should start being more open and blatant about who we are and what we do. If more people realized that their neighbor is doing roids and isn't running around killing people, they'd get a little more clued in to the reality of the situation.

"We're on gear! We're here! Get fucking used to it!"
Great post, as usual CDB...

jtmOBX

jtmOBX

Awards
This blows, ALRI has pulled out on its 4-hd compound. Anabolic Extreme has stated it is some what unncertain about the future of its compounds and that they were contacted and informed that this will be making the News tonight.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
unfuckingbelieveable... glad i ordered my phera-plex when i did! :lol:

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The irony here is that on the side, there was a collagen lip injection ad.

Once again, another one sided alarmist article. Even better is that next year is elections and you know some asshole in Congress will champion the banning of all supplements to scrounge for a few more votes. It also might be the ticket McCain might use to enter into the 2008 Presidential primaries as well.

CDB is spot on as usual. There's no collective voice, except for the manufacturers, which are slandered as bad as Hitler.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Even better is that next year is elections and you know some asshole in Congress will champion the banning of all supplements to scrounge for a few more votes. It also might be the ticket McCain might use to enter into the 2008 Presidential primaries as well.
This wouldn't surprise me at all... Look what effing politics has done to Arnie!! :sad:

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
The irony here is that on the side, there was a collagen lip injection ad.
We could not have planted a greater hypocrisy in their paper.

If they have a message board for the paper maybe we could get some of our finest defenders of freedom (no, not the marines ;) ) to go give them hell.I'd love to hear them try to respond to CDB or Bow, nevermind Bobo or Dr. D. The only problem is they could probably trace who we are and put our careers in jeopardy just for revealing their ignorance to them.

I loathe the media :numbered:

blam

Banned
Awards
Her article is one sided because she specifically states that these compounds are made for athletes to pass drug tests. That is a blatant lie! These compounds are made because of people like us who want to get past that plateau and reach the next level. I would gamble that 99% of the users here are not pro athletes or semi-pro for that matter. Nobody here is taking these compounds to get the edge in sports!

Everyone knows why she "reported the current state of the market and loopholes". She did this to "educate" the public on these da-a-a-a-a-ngerous compounds (read as mis-inform). She only reported the side of the story that she wanted to, in order to spin negativity on the legal stuff and feed on the publics fear of AAS. Government misinformation has created a monster larger than anything AAS could make!

joecski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yet another good point... I think the good people of AM.com should replace all the douchebags in Congress and then take over the job of running the country... It would without a doubt be a more fair, free, and enjoyable place to live anyway... Maybe not the richest in terms of money, but anyone who values that the most has insecurity issues that go much deeper into psychology than I am able to accurately express... :D
Here's the idea. A group of like-minded people, in this case us, should move to a small state where our collective voice would be heard the loudest. There, we would not only have a say in the political process of our state, we would also have the best gyms in the country! Add that to the lower taxes because the state would be paying less for health care, and this would be heaven! Only problem is that convenience stores, fast food chains, and smoke shops would probably go bankrupt. Still, the market for whole foods and supps/vitamins would skyrocket, which would help the local economy. Now if only we could find a state.....

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i like that idea. But seriously we need to branch together. Look it has been stated before, flame on me if you want but GAYS come out come together and say accept me, and guess what we have shows called Will and Grace, queer eye etc. I am down CDB, we should shout juicer and proud !!!

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
Here's the idea. A group of like-minded people, in this case us, should move to a small state where our collective voice would be heard the loudest. There, we would not only have a say in the political process of our state, we would also have the best gyms in the country! Add that to the lower taxes because the state would be paying less for health care, and this would be heaven! Only problem is that convenience stores, fast food chains, and smoke shops would probably go bankrupt. Still, the market for whole foods and supps/vitamins would skyrocket, which would help the local economy. Now if only we could find a state.....
TEXAS

Many of the AM members are already there, and I believe TX can still legally secede (if needed). TX refines much of the US gasoline, has plenty of natural gas, its own Power Grid, and plenty of livestock & poultry (and seafood from the Gulf). The weather is warm most of the year, so we can stay active outdoors. We can open trade with Mexico and their "pharmaceuticals."

Hey, we can change the cliche' from, "Everything is bigger in TX," to "Everyone is bigger in TX."

OK, maybe I'm going a little too overboard... :think:

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This wouldn't surprise me at all... Look what effing politics has done to Arnie!! :sad:
Its shameful but thats the game. A politician can cover up all their blunders, their corruption, etc. by attacking something easy like supplements. Then the Congressperson can put a grieving mother in front a microphone and cry out that Dianabol killed her son and smile as all the sympathy votes are raked in. The reality is that nobody in Congress really cares about these supplements, they just realize its a nice controversial issue that they can use to rack up more votes. Then you have members of the media who don't have opinions of their own (they base their opinions off of their political party affiliation) parrot what has been said. Then the masses will think there's more to it and will change their minds on it.

Perception is reality.

The only problem is they could probably trace who we are and put our careers in jeopardy just for revealing their ignorance to them.
I think there needs to be a strong voice for the bodybuilding community.

A few months ago, there was a lawyer by the name of Jack Thompson. He was the idiot who said video games were evil and got Rockstar games to pull Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas off of the shelves. He then attacked games in all forms and frequently insulted video games. Thousands of gamers spoke loud about how stupid this guy was to the point where now, organizations that backed him (mostly conservative family orgs) originally now are pulling their support. In short, the people spoke loud and as much as they could. Now his crusade is just about finished. He lost.

There needs to be a community of people to stand up to the Amy Shipleys of the US and tell the facts straight. The media cannot be allowed to use propaganda and fragments of information to inform the people.

blam

Banned
Awards
There needs to be a community of people to stand up to the Amy Shipleys of the US and tell the facts straight. The media cannot be allowed to use propaganda and fragments of information to inform the people.
:goodpost:

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Steroids? What steroids... These are pheromones and progestin derivatives, not steroids, come ON! Seriously, they make it sound like a law has been broken or something. :( Better stock up now. Or move to Mexico. Baja isn't that bad, so I hear... :p

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
Alcohol and tobacco generate billions a year in tax revenue, and banning them would cause massive unemployment and destroy the economy. THAT is the fundamental difference between the government's attitude about alcohol/tobacco and its attitude about steroids.

/karp

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I don't know, This article is so much better then most of the articles. What does she say? That there are legal steroids? That companies are making illegal steroids? That some don't come up on steroid testing?

None of this is false data folks. Sure she's writing the article to make steroids LOOK bad, but, she doesn't have to try very hard at that. Everyone already thinks steroids are killer drugs. I like CDBs approach alot here.

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I, for one, don't think there is anything wrong with this article. I don't like the publicity, but the article was accurate about everything. It was factual and told the story exactly like it is. Even the claim about athletes is true. If you don't think these 'undetectable' steriods are not appealing to athletes and won't be abused, you are very mistaken.

I am amazed it took this long for this stuff to hit the news. Sure, it's cropped up before, but not in the mainstream press, and nobody has taken the time to name the drugs in question. I say congratulations to Amy Shipley for being the first to follow up on and write about what is currently available.

My girlfriend is an Account Executive for a large public relations firm. She and I have been discussing this topic ever since the ban took effect. I have to admit that I've been very tempted to write a summary piece on the current supplement market, or even a series of them, and have my girlfriend pitch them through her media network. I could really use the money. Unfortunately, I couldn't think of a way to do it without spoiling the market, so I didn't.

My only concern is over the response to this. I don't think it will be as big as the campagin against ephedra. But I'm hoping and praying that whatever they do to close this loophole will not be a hasty and rash decision. The supplement industry is big business and, although not as big as alocohol and/or tobacco, it's economic value isn't something the government wants to eliminate, (although I'm sure they'd love to divert it through big pharma). I don't think they will ban all supplements.

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
I agree. While the article is slanted, and while we prefer to avoid the publicity, she is right. These are steroids that currently evade testing, are inexpensive, and are readily available.

/karp

:EDIT: I do have to say that DS and the others are not "fly-by-night" operations, and including the quote about that was unprofessional, since it is obvious the gentleman had no idea what he was talking about.

AnabolicXLee

Board Sponsor
Awards
The one problem I have with this article is that she presents that we solely came out with this product specifically for athletes trying to unlevel the playing field. We have people call us all the time and ask us if they will pop on drug tests. Want to know what we tell them???? Yes, you probably will pop, or consult your sports organization since our product is legal, or do not take our products all together. She also makes these products seem like they will kill you if you take them. Just my thoughts.

Haggerty

Haggerty

Awards
Nicely stated

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prince IronMag Labs 0
Supplements 1
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 4
Prince IronMag Labs 1
delsolrob Recipes 16