bet they try to blame this on steroids

NJLovehandles

Awards
the first thing that should be said is I feel very bad for the whole family, but that was also what I said to myself when I read this on ESPN.com. Someone in the media will say it!

BigDick

Awards
He was in my management lecture... it was pretty shocking to find this out.

And no, they won't try to blame it on steroids, so don't use this tragedy as your own tool to take a stab at the media.

gqsuperman

Awards
testy

are you "the media"? so how do you know that someone won't try to spin it. i simply made a statement that inevitably someone would....and as others posted...they did, so why wouldn't someone in the media

so calm down.

He was in my management lecture... it was pretty shocking to find this out.

And no, they won't try to blame it on steroids, so don't use this tragedy as your own tool to take a stab at the media.

BigDick

Awards
Wow, because it's a suicide related to sports, the media must suspect steroids, right? Perhaps it's not only the media trying to relate everything to steroids in some way. No one in the media has mentioned ANYTHING about steroids yet. You, on the other hand...

Just find it wrong that someone would use an innocent death like this to take a stab at the media's penchant for relating deaths to steroids, is all.

gqsuperman

Awards
thank you

i see your name describes your personality and not your anatomy...thanks for making my point anyway.

i never said his suicide was due to steroids. obviously the guy was depressed or had some issues we didn't know about and it caused hiim to make this unfortunate decision. i simply stated that with the media looking to jump on any bandwagon these days that inevitably someone would try to blame this tragedy on steroids......yes, since he played a major sport and since he committed suicide

i hardly believe this is a huge jump to make the connection. i personally don't believe there was any connection, but as i said....

Jwil

Board Supporter
Awards
i agree with BigDick, recognise it for the tragedy it is, then you can start bitchin when the media tries to spin it, no need to jump the gun and have that kind of attitude

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
i agree with BigDick, recognise it for the tragedy it is, then you can start bitchin when the media tries to spin it, no need to jump the gun and have that kind of attitude
Nobody's jumping the gun here dude. That's the media's way of doing things. Controversy sells stories. The dudes here are just going off of recent stories where the media, in their unprofessional opinion, blamed aas use for the deaths of athletes.

My heart goes out to the family for this unfortunate circumstance, as it is indeed a tragedy.

BigDick

Awards
Wow, that is the lowest, most idiotic form of insult -- Making fun of someone based on their online handle... You won't see me lowering myself to pointing at the GQ in your name, nor "superman", nor the #2 at the end. I'd degrade myself too much, believe me.

As to why I feel that your post was inappropriate... "The suicidee was a player of a major college sport, therefore the media will inevitably blame it on steroids!" Jesus -- Grow up. Is that your age in the picture? Sure tells me a lot more than someone's screen name would. While Cuffs makes a good point, you and I both know that this particular case won't get twisted, and you just want to make a point about the misconception of steroid use.

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
GQsuperman#2 's probably right. Someone in the media will probably make the insinuation.

gqsuperman

Awards
hmmm

hmmm, doesn't seem like i was too far off in my statement, as others can easily see that someone trying to make a name for themselves may try to spin this. if they check their facts etc, it would probrably be a moot point, but as we all know, not everyone in the media checks their facts...just read the washington post.

as for not lowering yourself concerning my handle....or my pic.....are you sure about that....

seems to me like someone else need to grow up and realize that i was simply stating and opinion and for some reason you don't accept others opinions if they don't agree with your own?