bet they try to blame this on steroids - AnabolicMinds.com

bet they try to blame this on steroids

1. New Member

bet they try to blame this on steroids

bet someone tries to connect this steroids

http://sportsillustrated.netscape.cn...gi135_1012.jpg

2. New Member

the first thing that should be said is I feel very bad for the whole family, but that was also what I said to myself when I read this on ESPN.com. Someone in the media will say it!
  3. New Member

Very sad
    •   

4. New Member

He was in my management lecture... it was pretty shocking to find this out.

And no, they won't try to blame it on steroids, so don't use this tragedy as your own tool to take a stab at the media.
  5. New Member

testy

are you "the media"? so how do you know that someone won't try to spin it. i simply made a statement that inevitably someone would....and as others posted...they did, so why wouldn't someone in the media

so calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDick
    He was in my management lecture... it was pretty shocking to find this out.

And no, they won't try to blame it on steroids, so don't use this tragedy as your own tool to take a stab at the media.
  6. New Member

Wow, because it's a suicide related to sports, the media must suspect steroids, right? Perhaps it's not only the media trying to relate everything to steroids in some way. No one in the media has mentioned ANYTHING about steroids yet. You, on the other hand...

Just find it wrong that someone would use an innocent death like this to take a stab at the media's penchant for relating deaths to steroids, is all.
  7. New Member

thank you

i see your name describes your personality and not your anatomy...thanks for making my point anyway.

i never said his suicide was due to steroids. obviously the guy was depressed or had some issues we didn't know about and it caused hiim to make this unfortunate decision. i simply stated that with the media looking to jump on any bandwagon these days that inevitably someone would try to blame this tragedy on steroids......yes, since he played a major sport and since he committed suicide

i hardly believe this is a huge jump to make the connection. i personally don't believe there was any connection, but as i said....
  8. Board Supporter

i agree with BigDick, recognise it for the tragedy it is, then you can start bitchin when the media tries to spin it, no need to jump the gun and have that kind of attitude
  9. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jwil
    i agree with BigDick, recognise it for the tragedy it is, then you can start bitchin when the media tries to spin it, no need to jump the gun and have that kind of attitude
    Nobody's jumping the gun here dude. That's the media's way of doing things. Controversy sells stories. The dudes here are just going off of recent stories where the media, in their unprofessional opinion, blamed aas use for the deaths of athletes.

My heart goes out to the family for this unfortunate circumstance, as it is indeed a tragedy.
  10. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

^
    good post.
  11. New Member

Wow, that is the lowest, most idiotic form of insult -- Making fun of someone based on their online handle... You won't see me lowering myself to pointing at the GQ in your name, nor "superman", nor the #2 at the end. I'd degrade myself too much, believe me.

As to why I feel that your post was inappropriate... "The suicidee was a player of a major college sport, therefore the media will inevitably blame it on steroids!" Jesus -- Grow up. Is that your age in the picture? Sure tells me a lot more than someone's screen name would. While Cuffs makes a good point, you and I both know that this particular case won't get twisted, and you just want to make a point about the misconception of steroid use.
  12. New Member

[QUOTE=GQsuperman#2]bet someone tries to connect this steroids

I think you could be right about this one. It would be a shame if they did try to blame this one on steriods.
  13. Advanced Member

GQsuperman#2 's probably right. Someone in the media will probably make the insinuation.
  14. New Member

hmmm

hmmm, doesn't seem like i was too far off in my statement, as others can easily see that someone trying to make a name for themselves may try to spin this. if they check their facts etc, it would probrably be a moot point, but as we all know, not everyone in the media checks their facts...just read the washington post.

as for not lowering yourself concerning my handle....or my pic.....are you sure about that....

seems to me like someone else need to grow up and realize that i was simply stating and opinion and for some reason you don't accept others opinions if they don't agree with your own?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. p-plex/xtreme tren cyc, trying to set this up
    By nsmoney1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 08:03 PM
  2. Congress to Hold Hearings on Steroid Use
    By Jim Mills in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 07:42 AM
  3. Where to get ebooks on steroids/bodybuilding?
    By rford78 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-17-2006, 05:29 AM
  4. trying to figure this out
    By NCK1500 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-19-2005, 11:25 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 02:04 PM