Lv. Percent
    7.42%

Palmeiro blames teammate for substance:

Check this story out:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...o_050923134338

Followed quickly by this one:

Orioles: MLB Absolves Tejada of Wrongdoing
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050923/...XAwBHNlYwM3NTU-

IMO, Palmeiro is done, no more commercials - no shot at Hall of Fame - no more friends. I can not believe he would say someone slipped it to him, kind of puts him in the 'I refuse to take any responsibility because I am a scumbag' category for me.

2. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.91%

I was one of the last hold-outs... hoping somehow he would pull-out of the nosedive. But bringing in another person... and trying to claim a B-12 shot might have had something to do with it...

It's just too much.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.83%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Well Palmeiro is out !!! Thats what he gets for trying to frame people !!! If you are man enough to juice, accept the penalties they induce !!!
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.24%

Cool

The guy will go to jail for perjury
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.75%

Quote Originally Posted by stindevil
    The guy will go to jail for perjury
    No. He said he never took steroids BEFORE he tested positive. Therefor, the test doesnt prove that he lied.
  6. USA HOCKEY
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.91%

I'm still skeptical that Palmeiro was actually blaming Tejada for the positive drug test. If his point was that B12 caused the positive test than thats one thing (although probably impossible). Why he even brought of Tejada's name I have no idea. Both Tejada and Raffy have been juicing for years - before they ever knew eachother.

He lied, and that's wrong. And the way he is handling it (or being told to handle it) is absurd at this point - but I'm not onboard the total media character assassination of the guy.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  7. USA HOCKEY
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.91%

Palmeiro is no better than Canseco for ratting. He's become a complete joke - fairly or unfairly.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.24%

Quote Originally Posted by davisville64
    No. He said he never took steroids BEFORE he tested positive. Therefor, the test doesnt prove that he lied.

Well, I guess Congress cannot prove he lied. However, the guy was the most adamant against steroid use and that makes him very disingenuous
    at best. I frankly do not care that he did roids, it was just the two faced garbage that he tried to shove down the media's throat.

Bonds is even worse with his flax oil remarks.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.08%

why don't they just man up? I mean the world know that you have dropped the ball. You know that if he said " I made a mistake, i just wish the fans can forgive me" he would make the books and the mass media would still see him as a good guy.

I just wish that someone would say "Yes i used steriods" and not blame it on some b/s supp to take the heat.
  10. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.17%

Unhappy

I agree that trying to take down Tejada with him or even just claiming that a B-12 shot had winnie in it was a contemptable and desperate attempt to clear his name. But I also agree that the media and fan onslaught has blown the whole positive steroid test way out of proportion. It's only unfair to the other players because they are not supposed to use ergogenic aids. (the prohibition of wich by the way doesnt make much sense to me.) But unfair though it may be, it only affords a tiny fraction of the advantage the mainstream baseball fans and media seem to think it does. Nobody is going turn their routine flyouts into 550 foot homeruns with a little cycle of stanazolol. It doesnt make it (androgen use) fair, but it WOULD be fair if it (androgen use) was allowed in reasonable doses. The idea is preposterous to the lamen because they have been mislead into believing the health risks of responsible healthy adult male users to be on a significantly grander scale then they have been shown to be in reality. Unlike Palmiero, at least Canseco (even if he is a tattletale) attempted to present that point of view. (until they had him under the pressure of a congressional hearing). Palmiero just hypocritically pretended to be on the "only horrible evil people with a death wish would ever consider using AAS" bandwagon, whilst continuing to use in secret. Truth be known I dont really care that either of them or any other player used, because I know that it still takes all the same dedication and hard work, just with a bit better results from the training and eating when an athlete uses. But its frustrating that the ratting and lying is furthering the exaggerated stereotypes about drug users in sports. If people used actuall peer reviewed research of resonable supraphysiological doses of androgens IN HEALTHY ADULT MALES, to base their view upon instead of the rediculous factless dribble that their fed practically on a daily basis, then theyd realize that if used with intelligence performance enhancing drugs could actually improve the sport, and it would be a more level playing field then what we allready have. I mean, the bodybuilding community knows that when used intelligently, aas are some of the more comfortable to use drugs in their arsenal, with the possible exception of GH, or Thyroid hormones, and some might argue the IGF-1 is more comfortable. But there are drugs the mainstream is not even really aware of (at least not for what they are being used for) that have much less tolerable side effects then steroids (slin, pgf-2a, DNP, sympathomimetics such as the popular beta agonists clen, albueterol, ect.) But even those drugs pale in comparison to the PERCEIVED imacullacy of AAS negative effects. And guys like Palmiero , and Canseco would be (are in Jose's case) treated with contempt likening to that of a convicted child mollester if they tried to convince the media, congress, or the general public of that simple reality.
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.72%

Paleirmo just comes off looking worse and worse. He actually thinks anyone is going to believe him after he first off, tests positive, lies and then says he didn't know what whe was taking after his appeal was denied. People like that just get on my nerves.

He really came out looking like an ass. The it was a B-12 shot really made me crack up though. Blaming it on Tejada was another classic. Oh and being in a ridiculous slump was pretty sweet, haha...

..dumbass
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.44%

Quote Originally Posted by shootmeagain
    I was one of the last hold-outs... hoping somehow he would pull-out of the nosedive. But bringing in another person... and trying to claim a B-12 shot might have had something to do with it...

It's just too much.
    I am actually suprised that it took him this long to come up with an excuse. I thought he would have been used the "Teammate recommended this B-12 shot thing to me."

WHat took you so lont Rafeal?
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.75%

I think for a Chem project im going to try to convert B-12 into test.

..... this isnt gonna be pretty.
  14. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.43%

This whole thing is getting out of hand. The players should just step up and say i do steroids, my team does steroids, and everyone else on every other team does steroids and thats the way it its. You, the fans, should not be bitching because the fact of the matter is that you like to see games where the score is 10-8 instead of 3-2.

I for one, would rather see sports where the palyers are playing at their absolute physical capacity, enhanced or not. If a steroid league and a non steroid league were created, which do you think people would rather see? I dont see how the government has any role in this whatsoever. Im sick of hearing this protect the children horse****.
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.75%

what a jag. every time he goes up to bat everyone starts chanting "steriods"
  16. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.17%

Maybe the fans just want some steroids, and figured hed be the guy to bother about it. (kidding of course) lol

Similar Forum Threads

1. Looking for Substance WPI Watermelon replacement
    By silverSurfer in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 10:26 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-02-2006, 07:07 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-26-2006, 04:45 PM
  4. Palmeiro to be suspended for steroids; denies use
    By D_town in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 31