Steroid testing the reason for HRs dip?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.72%

Steroid testing the reason for HRs dip?

Here another Steroid article and it's related to the Baseball world.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/4886726?GT1=6902

2. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.35%

Another dumb article from the ignorant press. In the article, the title is enitrely debunked as false, yet the title alone gives readers the politically correct position that steroids have ruined baseball. In the story, it says "Several stars had huge power drops, many because of long-term injuries. San Francisco's Barry Bonds went from 45 to two, Philadelphia's Jim Thome from 42 to seven and St. Louis' Scott Rolen from 34 to five." That's 121 versus 14 - a 107 homer difference. Since the article never gives raw numbers, who knows if 107 might make a huge impact. The article never mentioins that Bonds has been out all year, Thome has been hurt all year(although he played until June), and Rolen was hurt in like May, played 50 games, and went out for surgery.

This is another tabloid type title to attract readers. If they titled it "Homeruns down this year due to injuries", would anyone buy/read the article. Doubt it.

BTW, Bonds has been back a few games now and already has some monster shots. He is no joke, I can't believe he can just walk back into the game and kill the ball like that.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.79%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Im with Barry Bonds we have way more important issues to worry about in this damn world, and in sports than steroids. And it seems like it is cylical like they stated. Media gets on my nerves, peoples money, contracts and families are on the line for the best performance. Stop bitching and accept that people will do what they need to do. And i seen that shot Barry did, that was INCREDIBLE well over 400ft.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.31%

Wag the Dog baby it is all WAG the dog
  5. KD1
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.18%

I thought the numbers would drop a lot but lots of guys have been hitting personnal record numbers of HR's.

Sammy Sosa and Pudge seem to be having the worst of it. They are nowhere near the players they were when they were juicing.
  6. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.35%

Quote Originally Posted by KD1
    I thought the numbers would drop a lot but lots of guys have been hitting personnal record numbers of HR's.

Sammy Sosa and Pudge seem to be having the worst of it. They are nowhere near the players they were when they were juicing.
    Or maybe they are just past their prime???

Speaking of past his prime, I watched Sports Center this morning and Bonds is still banging them out. He can barely run the bases, but he can smash that ball.

I just can't buy into the whole "steroids make the player" scenario. There are too many intangibles involved in hitting homeruns, everything from quality of pitching to the wind direction at the ballparks, that the hitter has no control over at all.
  7. KD1
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.18%

Im not saying they make the player, Bonds is probably the best ever, But they probably made _some_ players.

But common - 73 HR's? Thats AAS assisted even for his greatness. He is a consistent 50HR guy, then the year he hits 73 the roid thing comes out.

Similar Forum Threads

1. What are the reasons for cycling AAS????
    By svt cobra in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-03-2010, 07:38 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-20-2007, 08:47 PM
  3. Illinois mulls steroid testing for high school athletes
    By yeahright in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-06-2006, 02:31 PM
  4. The real reason for the flu vaccine shortage
    By Funny Monkey in forum Politics
    Replies: 2