Parabens - Mimicks Estrogen

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Was at work looking over a buddys M&F

Parabens affect the body in a manner similar to estrogen. Research confrims that parabens bind to estrogen receptors and induce effects comparable to those of estrogen. What are you looking for? Parabens - a group of chemicals widely used as preservatives in cosmetic, self-hygiene and food products. While paraben is the common name for this class of chemical, it may appear on labels as methylparaben, propylparaben, ethylparaben, butylparaben and benzylparaben.

So.. to pubmed I went...

A review of the endocrine activity of parabens and implications for potential risks to human health.

Golden R, Gandy J, Vollmer G.

ToxLogic LC, Potomac, Maryland 20854, USA. [email protected]

Parabens are a group of the alkyl esters of p-hydroxybenzoic acid and typically include methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben, isopropylparaben, and benzylparaben. Parabens (or their salts) are widely used as preservatives in cosmetics, toiletries, and pharmaceuticals due to their relatively low toxicity profile and a long history of safe use. Testing of parabens has revealed to varying degrees that individual paraben compounds have weakly estrogenic activity in some in vitro screening tests, such as ligand binding to the estrogen receptor, regulation of CAT gene expression, and proliferation of MCF-7 cells. Reported in vivo effects include increased uterine weight (i.e., butyl-, isobutyl-, and benzylparaben) and male reproductive-tract effects (i.e., butyl- and propylparaben). However, in relation to estrogen as a control during in vivo studies, the parabens with activity are many orders of magnitude less active than estrogen. While exposure to sufficient doses of exogenous estrogen can increase the risk of certain adverse effects, the presumption that similar risks might also result from exposure to endocrine-active chemicals (EACs) with far weaker activity is still speculative. In assessing the likelihood that exposure to weakly active EACs might be etiologically associated with adverse effects due to an endocrine-mediated mode of action, it is paramount to consider both the doses and the potency of such compounds in comparison with estrogen. In this review, a comparative approach involving both dose and potency is used to assess whether in utero or adult exposure to parabens might be associated with adverse effects mediated via an estrogen-modulating mode of action. In utilizing this approach, the paraben doses required to produce estrogenic effects in vivo are compared with the doses of either 17beta-estradiol or diethylstilbestrol (DES) that are well established in their ability to affect endocrine activity. Where possible and appropriate, emphasis is placed on direct comparisons with human data with either 17beta-estradiol or DES, since this does not require extrapolation from animal data with the uncertainties inherent in such comparisons. Based on these comparisons using worst-case assumptions pertaining to total daily exposures to parabens and dose/potency comparisons with both human and animal no-observed-effect levels (NOELs) and lowest-observed-effect levels (LOELs) for estrogen or DES, it is biologically implausible that parabens could increase the risk of any estrogen-mediated endpoint, including effects on the male reproductive tract or breast cancer. Additional analysis based on the concept of a hygiene-based margin of safety (HBMOS), a comparative approach for assessing the estrogen activities of weakly active EACs, demonstrates that worst-case daily exposure to parabens would present substantially less risk relative to exposure to naturally occurring EACs in the diet such as the phytoestrogen daidzein.

I really couldn't find much else. I'm still glad I don't get this magazine... They summarize a British study relating to an increase in mine uteruses but don't reference it...

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
that baby makes me laugh everytime the opening page comes up

G

Ghosting

Cool. We cycle stuff like UHer or Novadex XT for estrogen reasons. If we knew potentially how much did what, could we stay on OTC AI'S year round?

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
So I have been researching this for the last week and came up with some interesting studes. I have found that 4 of the products I use contain at least 1 esther group of the same paraben with the Aveno lotion containing a total of 4! So I am using my a regular lotion that contains 1, the aveno lotion after I shave which I apply to my chest arms and face containing 4, stretch mark lotion to my shoulders and uper pec containing 2 and then my hair gel containing 1. All of them contain methylparaben, the Aveno lotion containing 3 others. I developed the onset of gyno around March and I started using the Aveeno lotion in Feb. It has continued to grow since March and I have hard lumps with my left side having 2x the mass of the right nipple. I have no other reasons for this to have had happen, I have never used any supplements that alter hormones. Only recently have I used Lipo-6, Lipoderm and HEAT in the past 2 months. My diet is a clean 40-40-20 most often with only an ocassionaly cheat meal on Sunday. I have discontinued using the Aveeno lotion and will be using Lubriderm which contains none in the future along with a hair gel that I find to contain none.

If you google you can find that there all studies to show they might exhibit oestrogenic properties but the FDA has rulled them safe. Most of the "safe" testing I have found only uses a minimal dose of 1 type. The thing is is that there are over 13,000 products that contain these. I use 4 products a day that have them. The cosmetics industry allows up to 1% of the product concentration to contain any type of the paraben group. Food may only contain .1%.

From what I have read I am convinced and will make sure to stay away from any type of paraben in the future. I have an appointment with my PCP on Friday and will have blood work done to verify that all my T levels are with in range. I continue to have a strong libido and am able to lose fat and gain muscle, so I would say that my Test levels are in good standing but can't say for sure until I get the results back. The choice is yours to make but from the stuff that I have read I would rather stay clear.

Article on concentrations in breast tumors - http://www.mindfully.org/Pesticide/2004/Parabens-Breast-Tumours1jan04.htm

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
glad you posted this. I checked the lotion that me and my wife use and it contains 2 different parabens. now I have to get her to change products.

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
I can't find one hairgel that doesn't have at least one (methylparaben).

G

Ghosting

demonstrates that worst-case daily exposure to parabens would present substantially less risk relative to exposure to naturally occurring EACs in the diet such as the phytoestrogen daidzein.
LG's Formadrol Extreme
What's In It?
Supplement Facts:
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 60

Amount Per Serving:

3,17-keto-etiocholene-4-ol: 30mg
3,17-keto-etiocholene-diene: 25mg
Diadzein: 20mg

Other Ingredients:
Maltodextrin, gelatin, magnesium stearate, and silicon dioxide.

Directions: As an on-cycle anti-estrogen (stacked with aromatizable pro-hormones like Methy-4-AD+) take 2 capsules per day in divided doses. As post cycle therapy after a pro-hormone cycle take 3 capsules per day for week 1, 2 capsules per day for weeks 2 and week 3 and then take 1 capsule per day for week 4. Check with your doctor before using any pro-hormone product. Product not intended for women or men under 21.

Formadrol V2 combines two of the best-known anti-estrogen ingredients to make one killer product whether you are on cycle or off cycle. 4-Hydroxy Androstenedione has one great quality in the body! It is known as a suicide inhibitor. This product is proven to bind to Aromatase, which is the nasty enzyme that converts Testosterone into Estrogen. Estrogen conversion through Aromatase is one key factor in destroying your gains and stopping you from being lean and vascular. On cycle, it is a great way to prevent the symptoms of extra estrogen like increased water weight and more. Off cycle it provides a positive Testosterone to Estrogen ratio that can help restore natural Testosterone production.

Additionally we added Diadzin, which is a phyto-chemical that acts in two great ways in the body. One, it is a competitive estrogen inhibitor, which like Nolva and Clomid, prevents binding of real estrogen to your receptors. Two, it is shown in the literature to be a partial binder of 5 alpha reductase (5aR). This is the other nasty enzyme that is responsible for hair loss! Post cycle it may help re-grow lost hair and boost normal testosterone levels. Used on or off cycle to increase androgen levels and reduce estrogen. Building a few pounds of muscle simply requires that you lift heavy and eat a surplus of calories. Never has man been satisfied with just a litte, though. That's why Legal Gear brings you the only products that are sure to put mass on you like no other. In light of the recent ban, this is the next generation of muscle building supplements.

Diadzin is aka Diadzein. So what am I not understanding here? :(

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
glad you posted this. I checked the lotion that me and my wife use and it contains 2 different parabens. now I have to get her to change products.
Its funny that you say you have to get her to change the products. I got into it with my girlfriend the other night on that I want to switch out the products asap. She goes on to say that if there are 13,200 products on the market (I explained to her thats how many there are...) why has the government not removed them? I also brought it up to my Mother on the phone about what I had found and that I am going to my PCP tomorrow and why... she said it's everything I put in my body "Especially that createeeeen" but she said she would look at the studies I sent her an email too. She emailed back and related it to eggs, how one month there is an article explaining that they are good for you and then the next they are bad...

My opinion on the whole thing is that if it's a chance that it can alter hormonal states or mimick a female hormone - I am going to do my best to stay away from products that use it.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
I can't find one hairgel that doesn't have at least one (methylparaben).
I am going to target this weekend to find replacements for the products I use, I will post on Sat. or Sunday.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
LG's Formadrol Extreme
What's In It?
Supplement Facts:
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 60

Amount Per Serving:

3,17-keto-etiocholene-4-ol: 30mg
3,17-keto-etiocholene-diene: 25mg
Diadzein: 20mg

Other Ingredients:
Maltodextrin, gelatin, magnesium stearate, and silicon dioxide.

Directions: As an on-cycle anti-estrogen (stacked with aromatizable pro-hormones like Methy-4-AD+) take 2 capsules per day in divided doses. As post cycle therapy after a pro-hormone cycle take 3 capsules per day for week 1, 2 capsules per day for weeks 2 and week 3 and then take 1 capsule per day for week 4. Check with your doctor before using any pro-hormone product. Product not intended for women or men under 21.

Formadrol V2 combines two of the best-known anti-estrogen ingredients to make one killer product whether you are on cycle or off cycle. 4-Hydroxy Androstenedione has one great quality in the body! It is known as a suicide inhibitor. This product is proven to bind to Aromatase, which is the nasty enzyme that converts Testosterone into Estrogen. Estrogen conversion through Aromatase is one key factor in destroying your gains and stopping you from being lean and vascular. On cycle, it is a great way to prevent the symptoms of extra estrogen like increased water weight and more. Off cycle it provides a positive Testosterone to Estrogen ratio that can help restore natural Testosterone production.

Additionally we added Diadzin, which is a phyto-chemical that acts in two great ways in the body. One, it is a competitive estrogen inhibitor, which like Nolva and Clomid, prevents binding of real estrogen to your receptors. Two, it is shown in the literature to be a partial binder of 5 alpha reductase (5aR). This is the other nasty enzyme that is responsible for hair loss! Post cycle it may help re-grow lost hair and boost normal testosterone levels. Used on or off cycle to increase androgen levels and reduce estrogen. Building a few pounds of muscle simply requires that you lift heavy and eat a surplus of calories. Never has man been satisfied with just a litte, though. That's why Legal Gear brings you the only products that are sure to put mass on you like no other. In light of the recent ban, this is the next generation of muscle building supplements.

Diadzin is aka Diadzein. So what am I not understanding here? :(
You know... I'm not sure either. I'm not pretending to be an expert, i'm mearly pointing out what I have found and presenting it for others to form their own opinions. I think this is a question for Legal Gear? But to be honest i'm not talking about Daidzin... i'm not using any products that contain it, to my knowledge. Maybe when I go out and get some sushi and have edemame...

General overview on it found HERE

From a quick search it looks like it is a COX (cyclooxygenase) inhibitor. A recently read about a STUDY at Ohio SU. found that COX inhibitors decreased aromatase expression and activity.

From this STUDY I am concluding that it inhibits COX and increases vasodilation? I dunno... I'm kinda lost on what exactly it is and it's a whole thread in it's own.

G

Ghosting

You know... I'm not sure either. I'm not pretending to be an expert, i'm mearly pointing out what I have found and presenting it for others to form their own opinions. I think this is a question for Legal Gear? But to be honest i'm not talking about Daidzin... i'm not using any products that contain it, to my knowledge. Maybe when I go out and get some sushi and have edemame...

General overview on it found HERE

From a quick search it looks like it is a COX (cyclooxygenase) inhibitor. A recently read about a STUDY at Ohio SU. found that COX inhibitors decreased aromatase expression and activity.

From this STUDY I am concluding that it inhibits COX and increases vasodilation? I dunno... I'm kinda lost on what exactly it is and it's a whole thread in it's own.
Considering there is never one drop of bloodwork to support any of LG's claims, I would suspect them too. :) LG said in their M5AA ad and I quote, " it takes estrogen out of the fat cell." Its banned, so I cant link to prove it. Or there Product X that was hyped to death and stunk. How about M1P? I havent seen 1 good log on it. Or Anabolic protein, their ad used to say body compesition changes after one serving. Very misleading, most people will assume that means visual. A Superdrol knockoff. I could go on, but Im not trying to bash LG, just show I dont think much of their credibility. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Shiznown Nutrition / Health 1