US SCIENTISTS create "miracle mice"

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Imagine if they got loose. Mice will take over the world. We won't be able to kill them, just like roaches.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Damn! This could have some really wild implications...

noctorum

Banned
Awards
That kind of tissue regenerative power...this is what people were dreaming of when they said "next generation anabolic"

And when cells from the test mouse are injected into ordinary mice, they too acquire the ability to regenerate, the US-based researchers say.
edit: I think I'll steal some and eat them..

Last edited:

Big_E

Awards
Pretty incredible. Maybe this will eventually lead into the science of prolongning the current human life span. Can you imagine having complete regenerative powers? There has to be a gene sequence of this sort that they can use to regenerate the brain as well, maybe even enhance it's overall functions....which would eventually lead to a literal super human....then a whole new and evolved race of humanity as a whole. X-men ,anybody? :lol:

Seriously, this may just be the tip of that sort of an iceberg that they are playing with. A potential for a literal super human race....amazing.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
The age of the Ubermensch is nigh at hand :D

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
This is really amazing news - I hope that it leads to drasticaly enhanced longevity during our lifetimes. Ive got a lot of stuff I want to do and Ill never have enough time if I only live till Im 80:)

BV

noctorum

Banned
Awards
the more I think about it, the more they sound like zombies

it'll be impossible to stop them unless you shoot them in the head...creepy...

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
the more I think about it, the more they sound like zombies

it'll be impossible to stop them unless you shoot them in the head...creepy...
That's what I was thinking :) You could choke them to death though.

BMW

Awards
  • Established
lol i was thinking of zombies too since i just got through playing resident evil outbreak 2. and u know what wierd ive noticed that the advancements that science has been making lately have me wondering if there will be "living biological weapons" like in RE or that new game area 51. can u imagine fighting some big mutated creature on the battlefield...

noctorum

Banned
Awards
lol i was thinking of zombies too since i just got through playing resident evil outbreak 2. and u know what wierd ive noticed that the advancements that science has been making lately have me wondering if there will be "living biological weapons" like in RE or that new game area 51. can u imagine fighting some big mutated creature on the battlefield...
instead of MRE's soldiers will get growth hormones and peptides..

tedtickle

Awards
There may be a better and easier way to do this and this field is evolving rapidly. Scientists believe that there are humoral factors in your blood which will allow anyone too regenerate and reverse the aging process. Its not as dramatic as regenerating amputated limbs but it could be offered as a shake or a pill within the next ten years. It will be similar to an oil change every 3 years or so.

Pretty incredible. Maybe this will eventually lead into the science of prolongning the current human life span. Can you imagine having complete regenerative powers? There has to be a gene sequence of this sort that they can use to regenerate the brain as well, maybe even enhance it's overall functions....which would eventually lead to a literal super human....then a whole new and evolved race of humanity as a whole. X-men ,anybody? :lol:

Seriously, this may just be the tip of that sort of an iceberg that they are playing with. A potential for a literal super human race....amazing.