US SCIENTISTS create "miracle mice" - AnabolicMinds.com

US SCIENTISTS create "miracle mice"

  1. Registered User
    TheCrownedOne's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,362
    Rep Power
    802

    Reputation

    US SCIENTISTS create "miracle mice"


    They can regrow everything except for brain tissue:

    http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...E30417,00.html

  2. Board Supporter
    rhinochaser48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    310
    Rep Power
    290

    Reputation

    Imagine if they got loose. Mice will take over the world. We won't be able to kill them, just like roaches.
  3. New Member
    Pushofabutton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    28
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    148

    Reputation

    Its to late.
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    BigVrunga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,063
    Rep Power
    2682

    Reputation

    Damn! This could have some really wild implications...
  5. Banned
    noctorum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    191
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    That kind of tissue regenerative power...this is what people were dreaming of when they said "next generation anabolic"

    And when cells from the test mouse are injected into ordinary mice, they too acquire the ability to regenerate, the US-based researchers say.
    edit: I think I'll steal some and eat them..
    Last edited by noctorum; 09-01-2005 at 02:59 PM.
  6. New Member
    Big_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    124

    Reputation

    Pretty incredible. Maybe this will eventually lead into the science of prolongning the current human life span. Can you imagine having complete regenerative powers? There has to be a gene sequence of this sort that they can use to regenerate the brain as well, maybe even enhance it's overall functions....which would eventually lead to a literal super human....then a whole new and evolved race of humanity as a whole. X-men ,anybody?


    Seriously, this may just be the tip of that sort of an iceberg that they are playing with. A potential for a literal super human race....amazing.
  7. Registered User
    Pioneer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    964
    Rep Power
    596

    Reputation

    ill beta test for them
  8. Registered User
    TheCrownedOne's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,362
    Rep Power
    802

    Reputation

    The age of the Ubermensch is nigh at hand
  9. Elite Member
    BigVrunga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,063
    Rep Power
    2682

    Reputation

    This is really amazing news - I hope that it leads to drasticaly enhanced longevity during our lifetimes. Ive got a lot of stuff I want to do and Ill never have enough time if I only live till Im 80

    BV
  10. Banned
    noctorum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    191
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    the more I think about it, the more they sound like zombies

    it'll be impossible to stop them unless you shoot them in the head...creepy...
  11. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2846

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrownedOne
    They can regrow everything except for brain tissue:

    http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...E30417,00.html
    wow....
  12. Registered User
    TheCrownedOne's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,362
    Rep Power
    802

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by noctorum
    the more I think about it, the more they sound like zombies

    it'll be impossible to stop them unless you shoot them in the head...creepy...
    That's what I was thinking You could choke them to death though.
  13. Banned
    noctorum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    191
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrownedOne
    That's what I was thinking You could choke them to death though.
    kinda hard to grab a hold of
  14. BMW
    New Member
    BMW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    499
    Rep Power
    367

    Reputation

    lol i was thinking of zombies too since i just got through playing resident evil outbreak 2. and u know what wierd ive noticed that the advancements that science has been making lately have me wondering if there will be "living biological weapons" like in RE or that new game area 51. can u imagine fighting some big mutated creature on the battlefield...
  15. Banned
    noctorum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    191
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BMW
    lol i was thinking of zombies too since i just got through playing resident evil outbreak 2. and u know what wierd ive noticed that the advancements that science has been making lately have me wondering if there will be "living biological weapons" like in RE or that new game area 51. can u imagine fighting some big mutated creature on the battlefield...
    instead of MRE's soldiers will get growth hormones and peptides..
  16. New Member
    tedtickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    134

    Reputation

    There may be a better and easier way to do this and this field is evolving rapidly. Scientists believe that there are humoral factors in your blood which will allow anyone too regenerate and reverse the aging process. Its not as dramatic as regenerating amputated limbs but it could be offered as a shake or a pill within the next ten years. It will be similar to an oil change every 3 years or so.



    Quote Originally Posted by Big_E
    Pretty incredible. Maybe this will eventually lead into the science of prolongning the current human life span. Can you imagine having complete regenerative powers? There has to be a gene sequence of this sort that they can use to regenerate the brain as well, maybe even enhance it's overall functions....which would eventually lead to a literal super human....then a whole new and evolved race of humanity as a whole. X-men ,anybody?


    Seriously, this may just be the tip of that sort of an iceberg that they are playing with. A potential for a literal super human race....amazing.
  17. New Member
    Wanker527's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    162

    Reputation

    Thumbs up


    Quote Originally Posted by noctorum
    instead of MRE's soldiers will get growth hormones and peptides..
    < immediately enlists
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Scientist creates inorganic life out of metal
    By FL3X MAGNUM in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-26-2012, 09:39 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 10:36 PM
  3. For Sale: NP &quot;Super Phenibut&quot; (Miscellaneous Products)
    By Rustysballs in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 07:03 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2009, 01:06 PM
  5. Scientists create artificial liver from stem cells
    By yeahright in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-15-2006, 01:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in