SuperDrol makes news..... :(

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Cheating athletes know the tricks

In white coats, over bubbling beakers, they would toil in obscure laboratories, creating ever more complex molecules to mimic the muscle-building hormone testosterone.

Some nefarious boy geniuses cooking up the latest designer drug to enhance athletic performances?

Nope.

They were pioneering chemists, working in the first fervour pitch of anabolic steroid science more than four decades ago.

Caught up in the initial thrall of the new steroid field, they created dozens of variations of the artificial male hormone. Unwittingly, they left an extensive menu for modern-day cheaters who are rummaging through their dusty, forgotten papers to find substances to beat an increasingly rigorous drug-testing system.

With accusations cropping up again last week that Tour de France king Lance Armstrong was using a banned blood booster, the ongoing race between cheaters and those trying to catch them has again come into focus. And today, 17 years after sprinter Ben Johnson brought a compendium of anabolic steroid references into the Canadian consciousness, the race is still afoot and the winner far from certain.

"But they are not that clever, " Christiane Ayotte, head of the International Olympic Committee's accredited testing lab in Montreal, says of the modern steroid makers. "It was easy if you think about it."

Ayotte says pharmaceutical researchers working in the 1950s and '60s "just made a race" to synthesize as many testosterone-mimicking molecules as possible.

"What we're observing right now is these (cheating) guys today just looking in that literature," she says, "and they're picking the interesting molecules that were not put on the market by the pharmaceutical industry and having them synthesized somewhere."

Just who these modern chemists are is far from clear. They inhabit a murky underground that largely serves the sweaty gyms and fitness boutiques that have proliferated across the continent. But Ayotte says it's pretty clear the drugs are being sent to China to manufacture in bulk.

While those on the policing side have the same, or better, access to the old steroid literature, Ayotte says they lack the time or funding to construct the drugs themselves and therefore come up with a test for them.

"If I had only that to do, voila," she says, "but there are hearings, testing, arbitrations. There's too many of them and not enough of us."

The modified steroids are often found in so-called nutritional supplements, sold at gyms and health food stores as part of the multibillion-dollar bodybuilding and strength-training businesses. Among the most famous of these goosed supplements is androstenedione, a natural testosterone builder that helped baseball hulk Mark McGwire shatter the single-season home run record in 1998.

Another designer "supplement" known as THG was discovered during last year's infamous Bay Area Laboratory Cooperative (BALCO) investigation. The probe into the California steroid scandal has ensnared several prominent athletes, including baseball superstars Barry Bonds and Jason Giambi, in its widening net.

While androstenedione and THG are now detectable and banned from most sports, the supplement game is ongoing, says Ayotte, who is now hot on the trail of another "secret" steroid herself.

"They're playing cat-and-mouse games," she says. "They change the structure of a (steroid) molecule and put it on the market in a supplement until the (U.S.) Food and Drug Administration says this is not permitted and then they change the molecule again."

One such supplement on the market is Superdrol, which Ayotte describes as "a potent steroid that should never have been allowed to be distributed for human beings." Until such products are shown to contain steroids, however, they can be legally purchased.

What's more important to elite athletes, however, is that these throwback molecules are undetectable during frequent, mandatory urine tests.

To a large extent, drug tests can only see what they're looking for, and every new steroid Ñ often created simply by twisting inert molecules into different shapes Ñ requires a new test and its own place on a banned substance list. (The IOC's list is the banned substance Bible for most international sports.)

The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) has suggested freezing relevant portions of blood or urine samples until new tests come on line. The threat that athletes will be retroactively disqualified or shamed may act as a deterrent to taking designer drugs now, the agency argues.

Armstrong's purported positive test, reported last week in a French sports journal, suggested the seven-time Tour de France winner had elevated levels of the blood-building agent EPO (erythropoietin) in a urine sample he gave during his 1999 victory. That was before EPO could be properly detected in urine samples. Armstrong's urine Ñ the B sample from that originally negative test Ñ had been frozen until last year, when scientists outside Paris used it for EPO "research."

Dr. Andrew Pipe, former head of the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport and an acknowledged doping expert, says cycling has been an "incubator" for almost all of the banned substances now used in sports. But the new "designer drugs" are far from the most popular among athletes, no matter what their calibre, most experts say.

Pipe says athletes, whether elite or average, still gravitate most to the "tried and true" drugs that have shown results Ñ and are readily available. He says stanozolol, for which baseball star Rafael Palmeiro recently tested positive almost two decades after Johnson did the same, and blood builders such as EPO are still the substances of choice for those in the know. They just try to hide them better, Pipe says, and the methods used to hide these drugs rely both on masking ingenuity and a precision knowledge of testing schedules, experts say.

Created in the kidneys to boost red blood cell production, EPO is found at predictable levels in healthy men and women. But for testing purposes, these normal levels have been jacked up to cover the elevated concentrations that may well occur naturally in some people.

Cyclists may also inject themselves with saline solution in the time between racing and testing to lower EPO concentrations even further, testimony from several Tour riders has revealed.

Meanwhile, Ayotte says testers are growing more sophisticated in their detection methods.

The problem is, athletes and their handlers are becoming commensurately cagey. For example, it's been found that protease enzymes, which can be easily purchased in powder form from laboratory suppliers, can break down EPO rapidly.

"So they have a powder of protease on their hand and put it in the urine sample, then it can start to digest the EPO," she says.

Some sunscreen and hair-growth creams, smeared on the inside of a sample beaker, can also mask certain substances, Ayotte says. As well, while testing today is supposed to be random and unannounced, and while an athlete's whereabouts is supposed to be known year-round, many elite competitors can predict when they'll be asked to give samples, or hide from any testers who may be looking for them. She says athletes can and often train in far-flung locales, where they know their national testers will not follow.

And cyclists often hide in plain sight, Ayotte says, honing their skills, both athletic and pharmaceutical, at smaller, less affluent events where EPO tests at $300 (all figures U.S.) a shot are not performed. (Comprehensive steroid tests go for $130.)

As for that troubled sport itself, both Ayotte and Pipe say cycling officials should implement pre-race blood-screening procedures, looking for elevated levels of hemoglobin, an oxygen-carrying component of blood.

So serious is the EPO crisis in cycling and other endurance sports that Pipe says international testing officials should largely forgo the policing of lesser offences, such as cold remedy use, and use their resources to fight the larger problem.

Indeed, Pipe says Olympic officials should consider dropping cycling from the Games until the sport has shown it can clean up its act.

--Toronto Star

Don't have the link, this was courtesy of Patrick Arnold at BB.com

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Sunufabitch!!! I wonder if this is compliments of that pesky news lady that was here before? Looks like I'll have to buy a few more bottles of it now...already have one, but have yet to try it yet. :sad:

davisville64

Awards
Dont worry fellas. Every time they ban something, new stuff comes out. If superdrol is banned, you still have...

IFG-1
Insulin
Testosterone E/C (which is, in my oppinion, almost too easy to get. My uncle got some from an online clinic with out ever getting examined. He got 250 mg a week too)
HGH

In the words of MC hammer, you cant touch this... :run:

velikimajmun

Board Sponsor
Awards
Sunufabitch!!! I wonder if this is compliments of that pesky news lady that was here before? Looks like I'll have to buy a few more bottles of it now...already have one, but have yet to try it yet. :sad:

Nah she worked for the washington post

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

:banned: Bye bye SD and most of the stuff we love! (Cries as he pops some SD)

Siznoyton

Awards
  • Established
One such supplement on the market is Superdrol, which Ayotte describes as "a potent steroid that should never have been allowed to be distributed for human beings." Until such products are shown to contain steroids, however, they can be legally purchased.
Gratituitous Media Hyperbole aside, do you think he's referring to the lipid damage?

Also, do you ever wonder what other kinds of unpublished literature the testing agencies might have access to? Such as human trials and data that is hidden by the pharmas for a reason?

Siznoyton

Awards
  • Established
Of course, this was exepcted...why do you think ALRI and Designer Supps rapidly "liquidated" (licensed) their hormonal products to the fringe subsidiaries? Ergo puts out ATD under the GIANT moniker?

Protecting brand identity in a volatile marketplace. They knew this going in. I'm glad they took the chance, though.

So...who thinks SD might really be as bad for you as we see in the bloodwork?

Blown

inventor of the remix
Awards
i <3 you superdrol, i <3 you.......

Who cares if its bad for you, a compound that can put 15lbs of solid muscle on you in three weeks is worth it. (to me at least)

Siznoyton

Awards
  • Established
Who cares if its bad for you, a compound that can put 15lbs of solid muscle on you in three weeks is worth it. (to me at least)
Well...that's the difference between a lot of people. You can get 15lbs. without taking your HDL to single-digit numbers that make a doctor gasp. I'm positing that this is why it was never released.

I now think the only advantage to SD over M1T is the lack of lethargy.

And yes, I've done SD, and yes, I gained well, and yes, felt pretty good on it. But my aerobic capacity and endurance hasn't been the same since.

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
Anyone who didn't see this coming was ignorant. SD- get it while you can.:run:

jverch

Board Supporter
Awards
Yeah...once I saw the full page ads in the fitness mags I knew time was limited before the critics started to notice...its a shame. My stash will have to last until the next things come around.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
They can illegalize this and every other steroidal supplement on the shelves, but there will always be the black market.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
They can illegalize this and every other steroidal supplement on the shelves, but there will always be the black market.
That's what Im saying. Yes, the legality issues are important as Im sure none of us would want to be caught with a scheduled compound. But Im thinking of safety first...anyone who is even slightly industrious can figure out how to get themselves some test. Id trust my body with slightly increased levels of my own natural hormones over a desginer steroid that has very little in the way of actual human testing.

15lbs of muscle? Is it really worth taking a risk, an *unknown* amount of risk with your health?

That aside, I think this reporter is an idiot. Ive never used SD, but it obviously built a lot of muscle for a lot of people.

BV

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
CATTLE IMPLANTS FOR EVERYONE! :D

This seriously sucks. *BUT* will they make a 2nd round ban just for SD? I know there are a couple others, but really not that many. I think they let this run a little before they play war on us again. Because, if they make a 2nd round ban now, 6 months after the 1st, it kinda means they will be making the semi-annual supplement-banning festival for a LONG time.

And in the meantine, there will be a little war with Iran keeping the government real busy.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
We shouldn't really be surprised if they ban post-ban PH's. This was just a matter of time. At least we know it might be wise to stock up though.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I don't care if they go after Olympic athletes over SD or anything else. The bitch Ayotte needs to keep her nose on her side of the fence and leave us non-athletes alone

QUICKRYDE

Awards
  • Established
Well, I think their major concern is not for the users that are over 21y/o but they are concern with the teenagers. If I’m not mistaken, I think that was one or the main variables for banning steroids and some prohormones. They also want to keep the playing field fair among the different athletic teams and the Olympic athletes.

This will be an ongoing struggle with the authorities that is trying to keep steroids/prohormones out of the hands of teenagers. I was in the mall last week and I stopped in GNC to kill some time, while my lady friend tried on dozens of shoes at the shoe store and I seen the Superdrol locked in the GNC glass case, behind their sales counter. So, I know the teenagers that are working at that GNC, are not screening the people that are purchasing the Superdrol. If this situation is happening in a mall in Chicago, you can bet it’s happening everywhere.

I don't care if they go after Olympic athletes over SD or anything else. The bitch Ayotte needs to keep her nose on her side of the fence and leave us non-athletes alone

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
definately get some while you can, hopefully we will get a heads up if they decide to ban our post ban alternative. they will come out with something diff though, they always do

50joe

Awards
  • Established
i'm pretty sure you get a x amt of days once it is made illegal?

Siznoyton

Awards
  • Established
:sad: why cant they just leave us bb'ers alone?
They pretty much do. The only time steroids come up is when athletes lie and cheat after entering into sporting organizations that ban performance enhancers. If these high-profile hypocrites didn't do that, you'd never have to worry. Remember, you can thank baseball for the andro ban.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
They pretty much do. The only time steroids come up is when athletes lie and cheat after entering into sporting organizations that ban performance enhancers. If these high-profile hypocrites didn't do that, you'd never have to worry. Remember, you can thank baseball for the andro ban.
He's right - the government really doesnt start getting involved until the media starts sensationalizing something.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
AHHH **** !!! This is some Bull **** !!!! I swear of all the things to go after, the IOC sux balls, ok may I pose a question? is it not true, you can naturally without exegonous hormones, make your body more anabolic with the help of EFA's and increased protein !!!And with that, would that provide an unfair advantage? WTF? Next they will be regulating diets.

Squats

Awards
i knew this was gonna happen from the beginning... thats why i already have:

5 bottles SD
4 bottles Phera
2 bottles Ergo

HEHE im for the next 3 yrs....

Squats

Awards
ya know i bet they dont' ban it for a while yet... i bet its still around for xmas... its just me but i don't think the gov is gonna ban a list of **** so quickly just yet... maybe SD but i don't think they'll take everything away just yet.

There's not enough of them and there's not enough companies producing it... Just my 2 cents

noctorum

Banned
Awards
AHHH **** !!! This is some Bull **** !!!! I swear of all the things to go after, the IOC sux balls, ok may I pose a question? is it not true, you can naturally without exegonous hormones, make your body more anabolic with the help of EFA's and increased protein !!!And with that, would that provide an unfair advantage? WTF? Next they will be regulating diets.
Look, I agree with everyone here, AAS/PH/GF take a bum rap. But there is a huge difference between modifying your diet and shooting test. The 'slippery slope' argument is flawed, at best.

velikimajmun

Board Sponsor
Awards
Look, I agree with everyone here, AAS/PH/GF take a bum rap. But there is a huge difference between modifying your diet and shooting test. The 'slippery slope' argument is flawed, at best.

yeah that was the worst analogy ever. Food is anabolic period. Maybe athletes shouldn't be allowed to eat. :frustrate

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Indeed my analogy might have been flawed, all i am saying is that when will the playing field be level? And if diet is not regulated,and types of training what is the defining line of enhancing ones self to win?

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
We dont need a level playing field !!! I am just pointing out how ridiculous that sounds, when it comes to athleticism !!!

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
The playing field will never be level, that's the nature of competition. If someone didn't have some edge in learned skill or inherent talent, etc., no one would ever win really. When politicians and athletes who bitch about roids talk about a level playing field, what they mean is some other athlete is taking a possible risk to gain a competitive advantage that they themselves don't want to take. It probably won't be long before teams with less resources availabile start bitching that 'rich' teams get better facilities and trainers, and have an unfair advantage.

Things to keep in mind when talking about this issue:

1) The children (teenagers) have nothing to do with it. You can prohibit the use of a substance by children while leaving adults alone with some reasonable amount of legislation. People who rave about 'protecting the children' are either stupid or full of it.

2) The government thinks it's your mother, and will go to any extent possible to protect you from your poor misguided self.

3) Most people are frighteningly ignorant on the subject of steroids, and a lot of other topics too. While this is technically their own fault, they've been caught in a barrage of BS for decades and most people don't really ever have a reason to do their own research to see if what they've been hearing is true or not.

4) The government will not stop, period. As long as the people they are pissing off are a small minority, and the majority agrees with the action or doesn't really care, the government will not stop. They get to pull in more money and 'create' more jobs for people because they have more rules to administer and more power to exercise.

The current situation is simple. If you want SuperDrol, stock up. It will be gone fairly soon. Something will likely come along to replace it. The grey and black markets will always provide options if you're willing to take the risk. That pretty much sums it up. Unfortunately the only way things will change is if enough people oppose the encroachments, which is why geezer miracle pills stay legal whether they're hormonal or not, or dangerous or not, and AAS get prohibited.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

1) The children (teenagers) have nothing to do with it. You can prohibit the use of a substance by children while leaving adults alone with some reasonable amount of legislation. People who rave about 'protecting the children' are either stupid or full of it.

What in your opinion would be reasonable legislation?

noctorum

Banned
Awards
Do it like they do with other drugs. It's obviously not as effective as people like to think it is, but putting an age restriction on steroids and forcing licensing is one option. Make them only available at hospitals to anyone who can prove their age, etc.

FYI, I am not talking about perscriptions. Hospitals just seem like the logical place.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I do aggree we should be fine for now. How bad will it seem if they go and ban more now? It will have looked like they failed. And unless it had changed. I remember it being said that SD would most likely be detectable.

davisville64

Awards

Or worthless piece of crap parents who dont want to protect there own kids. Everyone wants to blame stuff on other people. Hell, even I had a mother accuse me because her son got messed up on roids (and no im not on roids, but the kid started to lift, and when he wasnt as big as me in a month he got desperate). The next time I hear a mother blame it on me, barry bonds, anyone... I'm gonna flip :smite: :FUfinger: :aargh:

Redeemer

Awards
One such supplement on the market is Superdrol, which Ayotte describes as "a potent steroid that should never have been allowed to be distributed for human beings."

Where are the clinical trials to back up this highly subjective statement?

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
One such supplement on the market is Superdrol, which Ayotte describes as "a potent steroid that should never have been allowed to be distributed for human beings."

Where are the clinical trials to back up this highly subjective statement?
Clinical trials? LOL

Funny

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Doctor's prescription. In a world where people can cut, lift, stretch, suck and implant any part of their body to look better with the help of a doctor, it seems ridiculous to me that a man can't manipulate his hormones for the same reason with the help of a doctor. Plus the supply of legal drugs would actually alleviate some of the concerns with black market drugs. That way teenagers who do manage to get their hands on some would be less likely to be shooting a tainted product and more likely to seek the help of a doctor if they use and things go wrong.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i think it will be awhile before big brother moves in on the new wave of PH's. They banned Ph's the first time for the votes. "PROTECT THE CHILDREN" sounds like a good way of getting votes to me. They new ph's are more hush hush in the news than the old andro products, for now. we wont be seeing an legislation for another year in my opinion, but when the next ban does come, im sure theyll throw in some more laws that will prevent the creation of a 3rd wave of ph's. o well onto dianabol

hyoogeness

Awards
Right now we *are* seeing kids taking these drugs, so it might be practical for the gov to ban it for their use - you have kids on bb.com ordering superdrol, telling their parents they ordered protein powder, and then posting threads "I'm gonna start SD @ 18-19, taking 6-oxo, protein powder, and vitamins. I wanna be hyooge, LAL"

Big_E

Awards
Right now we *are* seeing kids taking these drugs, so it might be practical for the gov to ban it for their use - you have kids on bb.com ordering superdrol, telling their parents they ordered protein powder, and then posting threads "I'm gonna start SD @ 18-19, taking 6-oxo, protein powder, and vitamins. I wanna be hyooge, LAL"
:lol: Yes, that maybe true, but I think that people need to be FAR more worried about how the kids are getting a hold of recreational illicit substances, like cocaine, herion, pot, acid....even alcohol and hell, thats LEGAL. Most kids face more danger from just merely looking through their parents medicine cabinet than they will EVER face by taking Superdol.

The fact of the matter is that the kids are going to to find a way to get it, if they want it....whatever it may be and most of the time, it usually ends up finding them first. I know that if I had a son and he were 18-19 and I found out that he was working out, eating healthy and yes...taking Superdrol or even steroids for that matter....I would would just be far more relieved that he was not out getting drunk or fucked up on some highly addictive narcotic. I would simply sit him down and tell him that I understand what it is that he is trying to accomplish, but maybe he is not quite ready for such a substance yet, but if he insist on taking it anyway, at least be willing to go to a doctor to get blood work, ect. and I would also moniter him myself.

I am not just saying this because I am a bodybuilder or pro-steroid either, it is just that most parents are so uneducated when comes to the topic of "steroids" or anything that might even remotely resemble one, that they automatically, like the government and media, place them in a category along side cocaine and herion, and to me, that is the REAL tragedy....the misguided and ignorant parents, media and government using fear and scare mongering out of basless facts and speculation....not some 18-19 year old YOUNG ADULT working out, eating healthy and taking Superdrol.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What I find funny...

Listening to the pro steroid community bitch about the Gov't taking away their right to use steroids is about the as funny as listneing to the rec. drug users bitch about the Gov't taking away their right to use rec. drugs.

I hear the SAME argument from both sides.

If we don't want to be thought of drug users and let's face it, steroids or rec. drugs, steroid ARE drugs, then we need to calm the **** down and fight the fight on a scientific level. This bitching, whining and moaning does nothing but propel the myth that those who use steroids are noting but drug users who will do any say anything to justify their actions.

Be smart guys :)

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I concur... It's just that even fighting on the scientific level has done nothing to help the community. Hell, it was shown that the FDA, and DEA, did not want to schedule III steroids in the first place, and those are the scientific/law communities/authorites that count, and supposedly, the gov't looks for direction when problems of pharmacology occur. Hell, how many people had to die, or have heart attacks for them to pull vioxx?

Big_E

Awards
Well, the fact of the matter is that it is a social acceptance issue and that is why cigarettes and alcohol are legal and steroids are not, a large portion of the status quo likes to drink and smoke, therefore cigarettes and alcohol are sold legally and taxed, no matter how awful they may be for ones overall health and well being. Steroids are part of such a minority sub-culture, that if we were to strictly adhere to using the scientific approach, at least in this day and age, it would do nothing but open the doors for even more ridicule and condemnation. As far as the status quo is concerned, it would be the equivilant of the village idiot standing openly and willingly up on a pedestal, just to get rotten cabbage and garbage thrown into his face....because that is about all it would amount to in this day and age.

An old wise saying goes something like this...."The biggest mistake one will ever make is to try and take one who's mind is conditioned and dead set in his ways and try and change his ways and tell him differently, despite what may be right or what may be wrong, as all he will do in the end is....HATE YOU MORE FOR IT." ....I think that this statement more than qualifies here.

Redeemer

Awards
Two things real quick. I think (and I have no scientific evidence to back this up) that a teenager who uses steroids, however foolish he/she may be, is probably alot more concerned with healthy lifestyle choices than the average teenager who is likely fat, experimenting with drugs and alcohol, or both. Further, steroids are not recreational in nature, but functional, and are only termed drugs by virtue of the fact that they exhibit a change within the body. So does ibuprofen and they give it to infants. Are you telling me those infants are drug users who will say anything to justify their actions?

Secondly, in response to Big E, the paradox of your statement is the gay rights movement. Just 30 years ago they were ostricized as a group and barely spoken of in public. It has now come full circle to the point where they force it down the throat of school kids, and you are considered maladjusted by society at large if you do not fully accept them. I don't want to start a firestorm or flame war here (no pun intended) but I would like to here some opinions as to why that was so successfull, and pro steroid legislation is not.

"Got Roids"?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 37
Anabolics 4
Anabolics 25
cruze1911r1 Anabolics 37
Anabolics 29