Oh for goodness sake! - AnabolicMinds.com

Oh for goodness sake!

1. Registered User

Oh for goodness sake!

I hated the hear the news re: Thomas Herrion. It is, at present, still a mystery as to why this man is dead. But the bottom line is that he is, in fact, dead... and that is sad for his family, his friends and team-mates, and football fans in general.

Having said that, I've been following the story by reading various articles throughout the day; looking to see if anyone can shed any light on the issue or tell us more about him.

Today, I saw an article on the Chicago Tribune web site. Here is a bit I'll quote from what his agent is reported to have said. Notice the list of what Thomas was not a 'partaker' in:

Herrion's agent, Frederick Lyles, said Herrion was in the best shape of his life. Lyles said Herrion never complained of a medical problem.

"I'll be glad when the results come out, so that all the speculation can stop," Lyles said. "This was a hard-working kid, one of the most respectful athletes I've ever been around. He didn't drink, he didn't smoke, he didn't take supplements, he didn't do drugs."

I know what the man means.. he means Herrion was 'clean'.. that toxicology would not show he was using recreational drugs, performance enhancing drugs, or anything that would be detrimental to his health and cause his sudden death.

However, it has become a pattern in the media and among those who speak to the media, to refer to 'supplements' either as being potentially bad, bad stuff in and of themselves, or to use the word as if it were a synonym for AAS or HGH.

Anyway... just thought I'd share that tidbit here. Here is the full article:

Chicago Tribune: Lineman's Death... Mystery

2. Board Supporter

Check out the quote in this article:

"Yes, it could be totally unrelated to his weight, but the fact remains that he was 6-3 and he weighed 310 pounds and probably should have been 210 pounds," said Dr. Joyce Harp, a University of North Carolina endocrinologist who recently did a study calculating the BMIs of all NFL players and found that almost all players qualified as overweight or obese.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Hmmm, if only "media-logic" worked both ways:

He did not take health supplements, and he died.
    I take health supplements, and I'm alive.

Therefore, we conclude any athlete not taking health supplements will die.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

He didn't drink, he didn't smoke, he didn't take supplements, he didn't do drugs."

Wow...I was expecting more on steroids, but to included "supplements" in general with those other three is asinine...just wow. *shakes head in disbelief*.......*perks head*....Wait a minute, I can totally believe those morons put those together. I've seen them relate creatine to AAS
  5. Board Supporter

Very true Sunder.
  6. New Member

Lets PRAY that he doesnt test positive for anything that is legal, or that will be made ILLIGAL very soon.
  7. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by foo.c
    Check out the quote in this article:

"Yes, it could be totally unrelated to his weight, but the fact remains that he was 6-3 and he weighed 310 pounds and probably should have been 210 pounds," said Dr. Joyce Harp, a University of North Carolina endocrinologist who recently did a study calculating the BMIs of all NFL players and found that almost all players qualified as overweight or obese.
    Yup, so players like ray and jamal lewis are obese.

BMI is crap, according to webmd, ronnie coleman (onstage at last years olympia) is morbidly obese...
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

I'm obese, too I've got a BMI of like 32...LOL
  9. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    I'm obese, too I've got a BMI of like 32...LOL
    Mine's 34...so at least I'm in good company kwyck, ronnie, ray lewis. I can deal with that.

Similar Forum Threads

1. I'm in need for good info!!!
    By 4shroom in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-07-2005, 06:18 PM
  2. looking for good source of casein.
    By phaledax in forum Supplements
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-18-2005, 01:31 PM
  3. I'm staying here for good
    By LethalGunz34 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 28