MMA Fighter Tests For Nandrolone, Denies Use - AnabolicMinds.com

MMA Fighter Tests For Nandrolone, Denies Use

1. New Member

MMA Fighter Tests For Nandrolone, Denies Use

Believe him, or not? I read that if OTC supplements are contaminated with banned substances, it's typically nandrolone and/or their metabolites (how?). So I guess it's possible, unlike Palmeiro's winny story. But man, it's the trend these days in pro sports to deny when caught.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=3257

UFC Supports Marquardt; Hendricks Says Fighter “Never� Used Steroids

Monday, August 15, 2005
    by Josh Gross (joshg@sherdog.com)

Responding to published reports that Nathan Marquardt (Pictures) tested positive for steroids following his August 6 fight versus Ivan Salaverry (Pictures) in Las Vegas, UFC President Dana White told Sherdog.com Monday night that his company fully supports the young middleweight.
    “He swears to God that he didn’t take steroids,� White said. “I believe him. I support him 100 percent. He said all he takes are supplements he buys in the health food store.�

“[Marquardt] was taking some supplements,� replied Marquardt’s long-time manager Will Hendricks when asked if the Denver, Colo.-based fighter used supplements that could be mistaken for banned performance enhancers. “I don’t really know what it was. That’s one thing they’re investigating right now.�

Marquardt was in Las Vegas Monday undergoing a new urinalysis; he also retested once in Colorado, according to White.

Hendricks told Sherdog.com his fighter “adamantly� denies the allegations put forward in the complaint from the Nevada State Athletic Commission and “believes there’s some problem with the test.�

MMAWeekly’s Ivan Trembow broke the news Monday evening that Marquardt’s post-fight urinalysis showed a “significant� amount of nandrolone metabolite, commonly known as “Deca.�

When asked if to his knowledge Marquardt had ever used steroids, Hendricks answered, “Absolutely not. Never. He’d be the last person in the world that would take them.�

Marquardt, whose decision victory over Salaverry was the main event on the debut of SpikeTV’s “Ultimate Fight Night,� has 20 days after receiving the official complaint to respond. Should he do so, a hearing in front of the Nevada State Athletic Commission will be set at which time the five-member regulatory body would make a ruling.

If the results are upheld, Marquardt would join Josh Barnett (Pictures), Tim Sylvia (Pictures) and Kimo Leopoldo (Pictures) as UFC fighters that tested positive for steroids in Nevada.

2. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  264 lbs.

Thats messed, you think hed be smarter about his AAS use, i think his denial is purely trying to save his onw skin.
    At that level of the MMA game (just like at high level of any sports) its hard to get to the elite status without using performance enhancing supps. but deca?
  3. Banned

Whats wrong with these guys? I mean, sit out a season, stay out of a few fights while you condition and increase with steroids. They aren't going to test you then. Keep it to short esters and do it while your not active in the sport and your not going to have trouble.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by noctorum
    Keep it to short esters and do it while your not active in the sport and your not going to have trouble.
    Ding Ding Ding ! you'd expect these guys to at least know what they're doing
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Everyeon gets busted for Deca....if they would do their research and no randomly shoot **** in their ass they'd know just how long that **** lingers in your system!

What a dumbass...

Good post.

But, this is just another example of just how easy steroid users are as targets and how hot we are right now....scary.
  6. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    But, this is just another example of just how easy steroid users are as targets and how hot we are right now....scary.
    Back then they didn't want us now we hot they all on us..

i'm MIKE JONES
  7. She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!

Sifu
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by noctorum
    Back then they didn't want us now we hot they all on us..

i'm MIKE JONES
    Very true....not only is MMA hot, you're the perfect target. What good soccer-mom doesn't wish MMA entered their childs life?

Now that you bring it up, I'm afraid you may become the next major media targets....maybe....baseball is still on fire for them. ****in' media, soccer moms, and douche-bag politicians
  9. Banned

I started taking Muay Thai at 16. My mom was very supportive. :P
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

LOL...your mom. Most moms are wussified and would be scared to death to let their kids kick the crap out of each other, lol....
  11. CDB

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowOne
    Believe him, or not? I read that if OTC supplements are contaminated with banned substances, it's typically nandrolone and/or their metabolites (how?). So I guess it's possible, unlike Palmeiro's winny story. But man, it's the trend these days in pro sports to deny when caught.
    Manufactured in the same plant I believe. It's largely irrelevant as the levels of the substance in the person's system almost always make it impossible that the positive test result is due to exposure to small amounts from tainted products.
  12. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

you know when your body starts getting stronger, leaner, bulkier quick that something not normal is happening.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Just another guy who got caught and doesn't have to balls to fess up.
  14. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    Manufactured in the same plant I believe. It's largely irrelevant as the levels of the substance in the person's system almost always make it impossible that the positive test result is due to exposure to small amounts from tainted products.
    I guess any supp company that used to manufacture PHs can in theory have contaminants fall into other products. My question is why would contamination usually involve nandrolone-related compounds, and not the many other PHs that are/were out there such as boldione, etc?

http://jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/content...ct/284/20/2618

Our study suggests that trace contamination of androstenedione with 19-norandrostenedione is sufficient to cause urine test results positive for 19-norandrosterone, the standard marker for nandrolone use. Oral steroid doses as small as 10 µg are absorbed and excreted in urine. Some brands of androstenedione are grossly mislabeled. Careful analysis of androstenedione preparations is recommended in all studies of its biological effects.
  15. CDB

I guess any supp company that used to manufacture PHs can in theory have contaminants fall into other products. My question is why would contamination usually involve nandrolone-related compounds, and not the many other PHs that are/were out there such as boldione, etc?
    I think there are several reasons. One big one is that these players are just dumb enough to inject nandrolone without checking to see how long it will be detectable in their systems. Nandrolone metabolites are present and detectable in your system for a year or so I believe. Two, some do know and just decide to chance it and then get caught.
  16. Banned

It's just really not that hard if your going to be tested. Go on a test suspension cycle. This isn't 'common' knowledge in the sense that the general public knows it, but a couple hours worth of studying is worth it if your going to be participating at the public level.

Hell, hire me. Give me 10$ and I'll tell you what to do if your in a sport where you'll get drug tested.
  17. New Member

The masking agents just aint what they used to be!!!
  18. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    I think there are several reasons. One big one is that these players are just dumb enough to inject nandrolone without checking to see how long it will be detectable in their systems. Nandrolone metabolites are present and detectable in your system for a year or so I believe. Two, some do know and just decide to chance it and then get caught.
    Not the question I'm asking. I'm not asking about the judgment of certain athletes, just wondering why legitimate contamination of OTC supps is said to typically involve nandrolone and not other AASs. When I read an article a couple weeks ago about directly testing OTC supps for AAS contaminants, it said if contamination was found it was usually with nandrolone or its metabolites.
  19. Registered User

legitimate contamination
    LOL. Im innocent. My multi-vitamin was contaminated. See, they were made at the same plant. Forget about the fact that my testing was over the levels of contaminte consumption! Come on guys, Im innocent. I would never take steroids. How come nobody believes me? There must be some fans that buy the contamination theory despite our detected levels. IOW these guys are full of horse****. When someone actually comes up with levels that match contamination, then they have a legit gripe, until then.................
  20. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosting
    LOL. Im innocent. My multi-vitamin was contaminated. See, they were made at the same plant. Forget about the fact that my testing was over the levels of contaminte consumption! Come on guys, Im innocent. I would never take steroids. How come nobody believes me? There must be some fans that buy the contamination theory despite our detected levels. IOW these guys are full of horse****. When someone actually comes up with levels that match contamination, then they have a legit gripe, until then.................
    Boy, the reading comprehension here is appalling. The issue I'm bringing up isn't about the athlete, it's about chemicals.

My question concerns the real fact that contamination of OTC supps has been demonstrated before by independent labs and can really cause a positive test. Google it. I'm just wondering why contamination is typically with nandrolone related compounds, like 19-norandrostenedione. There are plenty of other PHs that have been made out there.
  21. Registered User

Boy, the reading comprehension here is appalling. The issue I'm bringing up isn't about the athlete, it's about chemicals.

My question concerns the real fact that contamination of OTC supps has been demonstrated before by independent labs and can really cause a positive test. Google it. I'm just wondering why contamination is typically with nandrolone related compounds, like 19-norandrostenedione. There are plenty of other PHs that have been made out there.
    Bro, why the dig at my reading comprehension skills just because my post was full of sarcasm? The reason for the "nandro contamination" excuse is because it takes extremely little contaminate amounts to test positive, but the levels detected dont match contamination levels. Its a popular excuse. Now put down dat dere glass of haterade towards me. These guys are all full of it. Nobody is legit so far.
  22. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  264 lbs.

just FYI he must have found some masking agent because the first retest came back negative.

It turns out he was using some PH, he listed his "supplements" and there were 3 never heard of brands, but i searched them out.. 19 nor, 4AD, 5AD, andro.. and he wonders why he tested positive..
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Pro MMA fighter looking for a sponsor?
    By harbonah in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-30-2013, 08:46 AM
  2. Carb Cycling for MMA Fighters
    By MAxximal in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-15-2010, 11:10 AM
  3. Palmeiro to be suspended for steroids; denies use
    By D_town in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-02-2005, 11:02 AM
  4. Replies: 3