Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mesa couple accused of running steroids lab from their home

Tina Shah
The Arizona Republic
Aug. 12, 2005 11:35 AM

A husband-and-wife living in Mesa have been arrested and accused of illegally manufacturing anabolic steroids inside their home and selling them, authorities said.

Scott Ferriss, 30, and Toni Ferriss, 28, were taken into custody Wednesday night and booked into Maricopa County Jail after Mesa police officers searched their apartment in the 200 block of North Gilbert Road.

Police say they seized four types of anabolic steroids - winstrol, dianabol, androral and furazabol - worth about $100,000.

Scott Ferriss, a Canadian citizen, received the drugs in powder form and made them into capsules in his makeshift lab inside the apartment, according to the Special Investigations Division of the Mesa Police Department. Detectives believe Scott is the ringleader in the manufacturing and selling of the drugs, and that he used the Internet to reach people in various countries about supplies and potential customers.

Scott is being held on $1 million bail and Toni on $500,000, police said.
Caught my ear listening to the news last night. I am a Mesa AZ resident and that is not far from my residence. I was curious to see what he was 'manufacturing'. It turns out he is not manufacturing but rather distributing.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
It's terrible that couple's life is basically over now - even if they beat the charges against them - it's going to cost literally thousands in legal fees. And if they dont, a good chunk of their life will be spent in prison, and when they get out they wont be able to find work anywhere because of the felony drug charges against them.

All for distributing chemicals that harm no-one but people who are too stupid to educate themselves about their proper use.

Although, you could also argue that anyone with balls enough to run a drug distrubution center out of their home deserves what they get, knowing full well what the consequences are...

America, land of the free.

My ass! :frustrate

BV

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
accused of illegally manufacturing anabolic steroids inside their home and selling them
manufacturing illegal chemicals and sell illegal chemicals are two significantly different charges with significantly different penalties. These people did not manufacture anything, only distributed. Knowing Mesa PD and the system, charging with both allows for plea agreements and the such that will force the hands of the system to make a 'lesser' charge of distributing stick.

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
It's terrible that couple's life is basically over now - even if they beat the charges against them - it's going to cost literally thousands in legal fees. And if they dont, a good chunk of their life will be spent in prison, and when they get out they wont be able to find work anywhere because of the felony drug charges against them.

All for distributing chemicals that harm no-one but people who are too stupid to educate themselves about their proper use.

Although, you could also argue that anyone with balls enough to run a drug distrubution center out of their home deserves what they get, knowing full well what the consequences are...

America, land of the free.

My ass! :frustrate

BV
Thats the sad truth.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
manufacturing illegal chemicals and sell illegal chemicals are two significantly different charges with significantly different penalties. These people did not manufacture anything, only distributed. Knowing Mesa PD and the system, charging with both allows for plea agreements and the such that will force the hands of the system to make a 'lesser' charge of distributing stick.
Depends what the law considers manufacturing.

" received the drugs in powder form and made them into capsules " IMO they will call it manufacturing.

CROWLER

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
yep they manufactured, they took raw powders that people couldn't "use"...and turned them into pills which people could easily take. and they are fucked....as far as it being avec, no one knows for sure yet.