Some Teens Use Supplements

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
OH NO! What are we going to do about this growing interest among America's youth to be fit, strong, and healthy? IT COULD BECOME A CRISIS!!!

What morons. Don't journalists actually have to read anything about a subject before writing about it?

Once again, the line between the word 'supplement' and 'steroid' is blurred...

For Toned Look, Some Teens Use Supplements

By LINDSEY TANNER
The Associated Press
Monday, August 1, 2005; 12:08 AM

CHICAGO -- Getting a sculpted look is a goal for many U.S. teens _ and while some are using dangerous supplements to get it, sizable numbers of girls and boys are engaging in more healthy strength-training, a survey found.

Eight percent of girls and 12 percent of boys surveyed said they used supplements in striving to become more buff. Protein shakes and powders were the most commonly used, but teens also listed steroids, growth hormone, amino acids and other potentially unhealthful products among those they'd tried in the previous year.

With obesity on the rise, it's encouraging on the one hand that many teens try to look fit, said lead author Alison Fields, an assistant professor of pediatrics at Harvard Medical School. But there's "a fine line" between fighting obesity and using potentially unhealthy methods to achieve potentially unrealistic goals, she said.

"Our results would suggest that some of these kids have gone right past healthy to something unhealthy," Field said.

The report appears in the August edition of Pediatrics, being issued Monday. It was funded by grants from the National Institutes of Health and cereal-maker Kellogg Co.

Field said the large numbers of youngsters thinking about getting toned or actively trying to achieve the look suggests at least some likely have unrealistic expectations about how their bodies can or should look.

Dr. Eric Small, chairman of the American Academy of Pediatrics' sports medicine and fitness committee, said he suspects supplement use was underreported, since other studies have suggested that teens' use of steroids alone is more prevalent.

Small helped write an academy policy statement published in April that says performance-enhancing supplements are unproven and under-regulated and should not be used by children or teens. He was not involved in the survey.

"Everyone wants a quick fix" but lifestyle changes are generally more effective, Small said, adding that teens should seek healthy lifestyles rather than trying to emulate a certain look.

"Working out is definitely a good thing but you have to work out for the right reasons," Small said.

The study was based on a 1999 survey conducted by Field and colleagues of 10,449 12- to 18-year-olds whose mothers were participating in a Harvard-affiliated study of nurses' health.

Roughly 30 percent each of boys and girls said they frequently thought about wanting more defined muscles. Forty-four percent of girls and 62 percent of boys said they'd participated in strength training. That activity wasn't defined but it likely included weightlifting, pilates and yoga, Field said.

Boys who read men's, fashion or fitness magazines and girls who said they wanted to look like famous women were more likely than other youngsters surveyed to use supplements to enhance their physique. However, the researchers said they were unable to determine if youngsters who were already fitness-conscious were more drawn to fitness-oriented media, or whether it was exposure to media that prompted their fitness-seeking behavior.

About 15 percent of the girls and 23 percent of the boys were chubby or seriously overweight. About three-fourths of the youngsters participated in team sports, and most were white and from at least middle-class families.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
All's I have to say is watch out for those amino acids. Bad stuff I tell ya bad stuff. :nono:

Seriously the fat journalist who wrote this should be smacked on all three of his chins. what a waste of ink

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
That's some of the most irresponsible, so called "journalism" I've ever read in my life.
That's like saying "automobile" and "airplane" mean the same thing.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Teens should stay away from aminos and eat a proper diet. Terrible waste of money.

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
That article was offensive, its like looking at a festering turd or something.......eeeeew! I dont want to see that!

arlowf

Banned
Awards
Thats fucking it.

People like this almost got me expelled and put in Juvenille Prison during highschool. I hate, hate, hate these people. My life was a living hell because I had some leptigen in my locker.

Is there a country on this planet that doesn't give a **** what you have supplement/chemical wise? Anyone know which country has the most bodybuilder friendly laws?

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Thailand must be pretty decent....Dennis James I think lives there.
Frickin' Hot and humid though.
Maybe Canada? I hear personal use "goodies" are ok there...lol.

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, you'll have to go to Thailand. Canada's laws are much the same as the US. "Personal use" amounts are still illegal here as well. We're in the same boat I'm afraid.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, in prison there. Didn't he get busted for dealing Ecstasy? BTW, the article was bunk. In fact I pretty much stopped reading after he grouped aminos in with steroids and GH. "cough" moron "cough".

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Reminds me of when I was a kid and on Sesame Street they did the thing where they asked "Which of these things is not like the other...?"

LOL :rofl:

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
People like this almost got me expelled and put in Juvenille Prison during highschool. I hate, hate, hate these people. My life was a living hell because I had some leptigen in my locker.

Is there a country on this planet that doesn't give a **** what you have supplement/chemical wise? Anyone know which country has the most bodybuilder friendly laws?
Wow really? Not to open old wounds but this would definately be a story worth reading.

Superman13

Banned
Awards
AMINO ACIDS?!?! HOLY **** WHAT HAVE WE DONE?!?!?! THEY CAN'T POSSIBLY BE INGESTING GLUTAMINE, OR GOD FORBID ARGININE!!! WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN??!?!?! WHAT! ABOUT! THE CHILDREN!!!!

What the hell do they expect teens to do? They want to be ripped for the ladies, and they want it fast. Teens are willing to use anything that promises fast results.

sholiz

Awards
I'm in H.S., I had 2lbs of protein in my locker for mid-day drinks and such -- well, that was $20 of protein that went to waste. I watched it get poured out since it was considered a "class 1 steroid in public schools".

Heh, nice -- eh? Don't ask about the kid that had CREATINE in his locker either, he was suspended and kicked out of sports for 1 season (it was fall so he couldn't do any winter sports).

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I'm in H.S., I had 2lbs of protein in my locker for mid-day drinks and such -- well, that was $20 of protein that went to waste. I watched it get poured out since it was considered a "class 1 steroid in public schools".
Come again? You're joking right? What backwards part of the country are you from? Oh wait...

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established

Heh, nice -- eh? Don't ask about the kid that had CREATINE in his locker either, he was suspended and kicked out of sports for 1 season (it was fall so he couldn't do any winter sports).
Thats the most preposturous thing Ive heard since........well......since I read the article were talking about. Pouring out protien powder? Suspending kids for creatine? Class 1 steroid? Dont they have dictionaries in school anymore? Maybe you should show them one. Im sorry but anyone who thinks protien or creatine are steroids is dumber then a sack of rocks, and IMO has no bussines trying to teach anything in any establishment with the tomarity to perpetuate the farce that they are in fact an educational facility. A class 1 steroid? give me a f**king break allready. Ive seen termite infested logs more qualified to educate a fellow human being. LOL!

davisville64

Awards
I'll confess, I took creatine today

Lock me up :sad:

davisville64

Awards

I've been caught twice with creatine. Luckally, the principal I was sent to both times happens to be both my football coach and was the one who gave me advice to start creatine. MUHAHAHAAH :drunk:

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
What is creatine a ban substance now in HS? I guess protein is also... do they let you eat any food that is good for you? ;)

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
I wonder if the dummy who decided protien shouldnt be allowed in school has someone supervise him whenever he brushes his teeth so he doesnt drown himself in the sink. Keep that guy away from your sliding glass window, you allready have to worry about birds running into it. Seriously, though Im being fecetious because I know of no better way to deal with such insolence. This anti-supp hysteria is getting so out of hand that the articles that favor it seem to get more and more like the enquirer/sun type of shock and bull by the day.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
But don't you know...??

Using protein and creatine leads young people down a destructive path that eventually results in steroid use and suicide.

It's a widely believed myth...

:rasp:

Morons!

gabriel

Awards
opps.. i had meat today so i guess i had some protien too. amino acids. omg they are dumb just plain dumb

sry though i didn't mean to ingest protien i just dont know how that happened
:S

BTW:::: for all of you that dont know.. AIR is now a class 1 steroid. :) enjoy your jail people.. i've already stt arted t oo o h old my br eathhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
opps blacked out for a sec.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Highschool is just bad for being an evil little world. The teachers who have been teaching, year, after year, after year, are some of the most bitter individuals in schools around the country. You can NOT teach these people anything they don't already know. The coolest teachers in school are the ones who admit that they still have alot to learn and learn alot from students, what a concept!

Here are some questions for today. For all the Watchdogs who may be browsing this very forum. Do you know what Oral Birth Control Pills are, what is their mechanism of action. How are they processed in the body? Can they be harmful to the individual taking them? Are they Hormones? Are they?, no., could they be?, you can't be serious?, STEROIDS?! We can trick a young girls body into thinking it's already pregnant for many, many many years, without risk? Oh yea, I believe they are Methylated, so don't forget your LIVER PROTECTION. It's all about the almighty Dollar. Steroids are bad, are you sexualy active? Are you taking birth control? Good. Responsibility starts with you. :frustrate

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Highschool is just bad for being an evil little world. The teachers who have been teaching, year, after year, after year, are some of the most bitter individuals in schools around the country. You can NOT teach these people anything they don't already know. The coolest teachers in school are the ones who admit that they still have alot to learn and learn alot from students, what a concept!
Woah now there.. don't condem them all.. there are some damn good teachers in this country but just like any other field, we has some real dumbasses in it also... and these are on the dumbass caliber of some of the ones I have met in other fields... and the coolness factor really doesn't play into teaching, just like it doesn't play in being the boss most of the time.... you have things that you have to do(teach) want to or not.. and MOST teachers do understand the fact that they don't know everything.. that is one of the reasons that they have to head back to school almost every summer or take continuing ED classes...

darius

It's not a matter if your young or old, its a matter if your stupid or not stupid. It just so happens that many young people are stupid. For any stupid person, creatine could be a "gateway" drug to gh, steroids, rec drugs, etc in the sense that they were afraid to try it out because the media and everyone said creatine was bad, but when they got the balls to try it, "eh its not bad at all, actually kinda nice". Now they apply that same logic to everything and you can see what happens. So do we blame the person for being stupid or do we blame the media as the precurser to the entire sequence? In the Bible, Eve was stupid, but she was setup. Both were punished (satan worse imo lol, even tho ours was not so fun either), however today, the media isn't punished. We all know how many problems the media causes and we all know how much we all hate them. What does the media say? They have a whole list of stupid excuses like "we can't report all the 'good' stuff that is going on, its just not possible" well bitches, at least try to put it into perspective so your not trying to inflict so much fear into people so they **** their pants. Ever notice that in tragic times and events, its almost like a competiton between the media to get the highest death toll numbers, and when they get the new death toll numbers do you notice how excited and almost happy they are to report it? The media is truly f*cking up this country. I believe the media is even more to blame than the government. The governemnt almost has no realistic choice but to play along and "fix" whatever the media purpetrates as "wrong" or there will be alot of angry soccer moms / stupid majority. Just like in the Bible how Pilate "had to" sentence Jesus to death, even though He did nothing wrong, and Pilate didn't even want to.. it was just cause the stupid majority wanted it..

We've got alot of young guys on here that are pretty knowledgable and know exactly what we are doing to their bodies. I consider myself one of them. Unfortunately the ratio for stupid/not stupid is very much offset. And in a place where the majority rule, we are all poured into the same cup whether we would like to be or not.

davisville64

Awards
We've got alot of young guys on here that are pretty knowledgable and know exactly what we are doing to their bodies. I consider myself one of them. Unfortunately the ratio for stupid/not stupid is very much offset. And in a place where the majority rule, we are all poured into the same cup whether we would like to be or not.[/QUOTE]
:goodpost:

Kind of the same topic...

Most kids my age are lazy also. Not to many push themselves to the limit. When they are not pleased with there results, some of them take say 40g (yes, a kid at my school did this once) of creatine, and a few start roids. Supplements dont lead you down the road to steroid use as a kid, lack of work ethic does.

darius

We've got alot of young guys on here that are pretty knowledgable and know exactly what we are doing to their bodies. I consider myself one of them. Unfortunately the ratio for stupid/not stupid is very much offset. And in a place where the majority rule, we are all poured into the same cup whether we would like to be or not.
:goodpost:

Kind of the same topic...

Most kids my age are lazy also. Not to many push themselves to the limit. When they are not pleased with there results, some of them take say 40g (yes, a kid at my school did this once) of creatine, and a few start roids. Supplements dont lead you down the road to steroid use as a kid, lack of work ethic does.
We all want the easy way out. 98% of us would take the "easy way" if there were no difference at all between the two (no health problems, etc), except one was faster. However, thats not how it is with steroids/bodybuilding cause the body doesn't like the "easy way" compared to the natural way. We all know steroids can be pretty safe when used correctly and moderately, but nothing is safer than being natural. It's a balance, like anything, but most of us here are knowledgable enough to make wise choices concerning the use of steroids and our able to control ourselves based on what we know. We see that fine line, and unfortunately the uneducated do not. That is when problems occur.

Being a teenager not too long ago, I know first hand how hard it is with all these choices. Every year is getting more and more worse, and it almost seems tragic to bring kids into this horrible place. I think in the near future, most parents who care will struggle with this decision, whether or not to bring children into a perpetually worsening society/world because it will get to the point to where discipline and good parenting will no longer be stronger than societies parenting. Whether children were misraised, undisciplined, or whichever combination of everything from media to society, there is no turning back to better times. It's all downhill from now on. Now for middle schoolers and high schoolers its do the steroids, or be socially invisible, be friendless and never get laid. "Lets see.. do I want to be socially invisible, friendless, without a girl, or do some steroids that I dunno what they will do to me in the long run, but who cares about that cause everyone else seems to be fine and getting pussy". You gotta buy the trendy clothes, or be the loser that nobody would be caught dead standing next to. Do the drugs, or be left out forever. We know its not like that at all being older and wiser, but that is what they believe at their young, confused point of existence. All these choices, all these demands, all this stress. All the amounting stress and hormones, its a recipe for disaster and more often now, depression. We are Generation Rx for a reason.

Then after high school it changes a little bit, but the society/media effect never leaves. Ever since middle school we are brain washed that you have to go to college to be successful or you will not make it in this world. So now you are getting a degree in something that you don't even enjoy so that you can buy things that you don't need and eventually won't keep you happy. There is nothing wrong with college, but for God's sake do what makes you happy. I think people lose sense of time and forget that they will be dead one day, and on that very day, it will be a little too late to change things. While this can all seem morbid and dark, it really isn't. I just hate how society/media grips us and makes us live certain ways. We become robots that go to work doing something we hate, and getting enough side money to be able to jack off comfortably, and then when the time comes, we are retired for younger newer models. What kind of life and existence is that? People think about these things and then if they don't have faith in a higher power, whats in it for them? They don't know why they are even existing and they go threw life depressed whenever their temporary pleasures run out, so go ahead, take another shot of alcohol, whatever gets you by right?

We have the 34 year old woman who is unmarried and not in the best shape. She's got 3 cats. She is very self-conscious about her image and because of if it she is on several anti-depressents to get her thru the day. Despite the meds, she is nowhere near happy. She would like to get married and have a family, but she thinks she's so damn ugly and just one of the "unfortunate" ones that society won't accept unless she fits into their slim standards. She watches Oprah and sees how much attention she is getting now cause she lost all her weight. She buys a bottle of ephedra. She reads the long intimidating warning label and right then and there, she makes the decision to put her health on the back burner for a chance, a slight chance and she probably knows it, to be able to "fit in". She takes some, jumps on the treadmill and runs and runs and runs. She is fueled by the sweet desire to fit in and the rage of being a "loser" all this time, because maybe, just maybe, she will be able to have what she wants if she fits into societies mean standards by dropping 40 lbs. The ephedra is not working as fast at burning fat as her mind is racing fast with so many mixed emotions that make her cry herself to sleep each night. She decides to try the ephedra one more time, this time, she is deep in a hole of unimaginable sorrow. She takes triple the dose even though she probably knows it won't triple the fat loss, but she is desperate and this is her last chance. She runs her heart out and becomes a statistic.

Who do we blame? Do we blame her?
"Yes, blame her, she was stupid and deserved it, and now because of her ephedra is banned. That bitch." Do we blame society and the media for giving her such impossible standards to be able to have a "good life"? Nobody blames the media. Nobody blames society. I think it's time we start blaming them.

Bottom line, If people truly did what they enjoyed and really made effort to be themselves and tried really hard to escape the jaws of society and the fear from the media, I think they would be way more happier and it is the only way, the only way the world can start moving up in the right direction again.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Woah now there.. don't condem them all.. there are some damn good teachers in this country but just like any other field, we has some real dumbasses in it also... and these are on the dumbass caliber of some of the ones I have met in other fields... and the coolness factor really doesn't play into teaching, just like it doesn't play in being the boss most of the time.... you have things that you have to do(teach) want to or not.. and MOST teachers do understand the fact that they don't know everything.. that is one of the reasons that they have to head back to school almost every summer or take continuing ED classes...
Teachable teachers are cool. I don't like how some never wanted to get to know my generation or what we went through. Like they were perfect back in their day. They are punishing kids for using Protein Powder? I think we need to all meet down in the auditorium to talk some issues over.
:think:

I was branded a drug dealer/druggie in my school. My vice principal (who was cool) told me they had me on a Black list. I think I must of caught some of them off guard when I won Leagues, Districts and got 21st in the State of PA for X-country my first year out(Senior Year). Counselers were, In my experience, the worst of all. These people are supposed to be helping kids. My friend since 3rd grade was told by a counseler, and a couple teachers that he would never amount to anything. I'm not making this up.He just got hired by Lockheed Martin in their Multimedia dept a month ago. We both make more than the same people who didn't believe we could do it.

Still, there are some Damn good teachers in this country, I'm living proof of that. Thanks for believing in me.

Last edited:

davisville64

Awards
We all want the easy way out. 98% of us would take the "easy way" if there were no difference at all between the two (no health problems, etc), except one was faster. However, thats not how it is with steroids/bodybuilding cause the body doesn't like the "easy way" compared to the natural way. We all know steroids can be pretty safe when used correctly and moderately, but nothing is safer than being natural. It's a balance, like anything, but most of us here are knowledgable enough to make wise choices concerning the use of steroids and our able to control ourselves based on what we know. We see that fine line, and unfortunately the uneducated do not. That is when problems occur.

We have the 34 year old woman who is unmarried and not in the best shape. She's got 3 cats. She is very self-conscious about her image and because of if it she is on several anti-depressents to get her thru the day. Despite the meds, she is nowhere near happy. She would like to get married and have a family, but she thinks she's so damn ugly and just one of the "unfortunate" ones that society won't except unless she fits into their slim standards. She watches Oprah and sees how much attention she is getting now cause she lost all her weight. She buys a bottle of ephedra. She reads the long intimidating warning label and right then and there, she makes the decision to put her health on the back burner for a chance, a slight chance and she probably knows it, to be able to "fit in". She takes some, jumps on the treadmill and runs and runs and runs. She is fueled by the sweet desire to fit in and the rage of being a "loser" all this time, because maybe, just maybe, she will be able to have what she wants if she fits into societies mean standards by dropping 40 lbs. The ephedra is not working as fast at burning fat as her mind is racing fast with so many mixed emotions that make her cry herself to sleep each night. She decides to try the ephedra one more time, this time, she is deep in a hole of unimaginable sorrow. She takes triple the dose even though she probably knows it won't triple the fat loss, but she is desperate and this is her last chance. She runs her heart out and becomes a statistic.

Who do we blame? Do we blame her?
"Yes, blame her, she was stupid and deserved it, and now because of her ephedra is banned. That bitch." Do we blame society and the media for giving her such impossible standards to be able to have a "good life"? Nobody blames the media. Nobody blames society. I think it's time we start blaming them.

Bottom line, If people truly did what they enjoyed and really made effort to be themselves and tried really hard to escape the jaws of society and the fear from the media, I think they would be way more happier and it is the only way, the only way the world can start moving up in the right direction again.
Darius your the man. You should write a book, I would buy it for sure.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It's not a matter if your young or old, its a matter if your stupid or not stupid. It just so happens that many young people are stupid. For any stupid person, creatine could be a "gateway" drug to gh, steroids, rec drugs, etc in the sense that they were afraid to try it out because the media and everyone said creatine was bad, but when they got the balls to try it, "eh its not bad at all, actually kinda nice". Now they apply that same logic to everything and you can see what happens. So do we blame the person for being stupid or do we blame the media as the precurser to the entire sequence? In the Bible, Eve was stupid, but she was setup. Both were punished (satan worse imo lol, even tho ours was not so fun either), however today, the media isn't punished. We all know how many problems the media causes and we all know how much we all hate them. What does the media say? They have a whole list of stupid excuses like "we can't report all the 'good' stuff that is going on, its just not possible" well bitches, at least try to put it into perspective so your not trying to inflict so much fear into people so they **** their pants. Ever notice that in tragic times and events, its almost like a competiton between the media to get the highest death toll numbers, and when they get the new death toll numbers do you notice how excited and almost happy they are to report it? The media is truly f*cking up this country. I believe the media is even more to blame than the government. The governemnt almost has no realistic choice but to play along and "fix" whatever the media purpetrates as "wrong" or there will be alot of angry soccer moms / stupid majority. Just like in the Bible how Pilate "had to" sentence Jesus to death, even though He did nothing wrong, and Pilate didn't even want to.. it was just cause the stupid majority wanted it..

YES

freaky16yrold

Banned
Awards
Damn i must have taken alot of roids according to this dumbass article sense i have took AMino acid's. creatine . protein... least my coach is not a dick and lets me bring my protein shake to the gym so i do know creatine is banned tho and i get called roids sense i used creatine wtf just wait see what they say once i run a superdrol cycle JK

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
An old thread but a good one. I missed it the first time around, so...I have been popping pills for all kinds of thrills since I was 16. I started with( and still take ) Phosphatydal Choline on the advice of my biology teacher!. That was 1983..the more things change the more they stay the same...The portion of the original article where the writer groups STEROIDS with vitamins , protien mixes and amino acids, is an old journalism technique. The plan is to make a rather boring article more interesting by linking it with a hotter(but non-existant issue) teens and steroids angle. They used to do this with celebrity drug busts. They would write "***was caught with .5 grams of marijuana and some unlabled container which may have contained oxicotin..."
It may have contained advil, but then who would care? It is sensationalism and it works. Personally I love the look on peoples faces when, I pause to pop a few pills through out the day!..Rock the Boat!

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Pooring out protein powder? That's fuckin retarded, I'd never let a teacher do that, it's protein for god's sake! When i was in highschool (not long ago), i had TONS of supps in my locker, creatine, glutamine, protein, multi's, and i never got in trouble, many teachers saw all my supps. But then again I live in Canada. And Canada is a little more lax about steroids then America, like if you ever got caught with a couple bottles of test it would most likely be a slap on the wrist. But if we are talkin 50,000 d-bol, lol different story. And i'd move to Mexico, Thailand or Egypt if you want LEGAL steroids. I'd move to Mexico :twisted:.

VitaminT

Awards
A lot of rules are stupid, but as somebody else pointed out, there are even more stupid people. For that matter, I don't care if teens use supps or steriods. I wouldn't recommend steriods to a teen, but I'll be damned if that's my problem. The 16 year old tennis girl on juice? Oh well!

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Just wondering how old are you? And with that attitude you might have found the wrong board my man

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Woah now there.. don't condem them all.. there are some damn good teachers in this country but just like any other field, we has some real dumbasses in it also...
I agree there are some good teachers, but to be honest one of the reasons I ditched a career teaching in public school is because the people in the education majors were by far the dimmest bulbs I'd ever met in my life.

As far as Darius, he's got some good points. I'm liking his posts. But in the end I'd have to disagree with him. Who to blame? Personally, I blame myself. If the media makes you anxious, turn it off. Don't read the magazines, don't watch the shows or the music videos. The way I look at it if my life isn't good 99 times out of 100 it's my fault, with dumb bad luck and occasional maliscious attack from some other person making up the last 1 out of 100. This entire nation is married to the media, and the media has got everyone's balls in its purse. Nothing it stopping you from pulling yours out and using them though, as you could in any relationship. It's your choice though.

Edit: Jesus Christ this is an old thread. I had no idea.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
Roids are looked down on worse then alcohol in terms of teen use because of this....

5,000 plus kids die each year from alcohol related deaths (poisonings, car accidents, etc.)

How many die of roids each year? Not too many

the only reason people think steroids are a problem is because the news is more widespread. I live on the east coast and some kid died "of roids" in Cali. and we heard about it. I dont even hear about kids dieng of alcohol in my same state... :wtf:

SuPPLementJuNkY

Banned
Awards
I BELIVE THEY THINK THAT IF WE USE ANY SUPPLEMENT LIKE NO2 OR CREATINE THEN THAT WE WILL EVENTUALLY USE STEROIDS AND THAT THEY RATHER TAKE ALL THAT AWAY SO NO ONE CAN DO ANYTHING

THATS A BUNCH OF CRAP ITS UR DECISION AND UR DECISION ONLY IF U WANT TO TAKE SUPPS AND/OR STEROID

IF A 15 YR OLD GIRL SOCCER PLAYER TAKES JUICE? NOT MY PROBLEM!

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Such ignorance reminds me of the water boy where the mother is like "Girls are the devil, Foosball is the devil..." Protein is steroids creatine is steroids. You get the point, how can people intrusted with educating the future of the nation be soo STUPID that they dont even know the difference. How about accusing your teacher of snorting cocaine when their fat asses eat powdered donuts.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
Such ignorance reminds me of the water boy where the mother is like "Girls are the devil, Foosball is the devil..." Protein is steroids creatine is steroids. You get the point, how can people intrusted with educating the future of the nation be soo STUPID that they dont even know the difference. How about accusing your teacher of snorting cocaine when their fat asses eat powdered donuts.

I second this

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
I BELIVE THEY THINK THAT IF WE USE ANY SUPPLEMENT LIKE NO2 OR CREATINE THEN THAT WE WILL EVENTUALLY USE STEROIDS AND THAT THEY RATHER TAKE ALL THAT AWAY SO NO ONE CAN DO ANYTHING

THATS A BUNCH OF CRAP ITS UR DECISION AND UR DECISION ONLY IF U WANT TO TAKE SUPPS AND/OR STEROID

IF A 15 YR OLD GIRL SOCCER PLAYER TAKES JUICE? NOT MY PROBLEM!

Good words fellow 17er, good words. I'm tired of the government protecting us from supplements when they cant protect us from cancer or other REAL problems.

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
most if not all HS in the united states are following the same list that the NCAA uses for "drugs" that cannot be used during the season....

amiphenazole
methylenedioxymethamphetamine
amphetamine
(MDMA, ecstasy)
bemigride
methylphenidate
benzphetamine
nikethamide
bromantan
pemoline
caffeine
guarana)
pentetrazol
chlorphentermine
phendimetrazine
cocaine
phenmetrazine
cropropamide
phentermine
crothetamide
diethylpropion
phenylpropanolamine (ppa)
dimethylamphetamine picrotoxine
doxapram
pipradol
ephedrine
prolintane
(ephedra, ma huang) strychnine
ethamivan
synephrine
ethylamphetamine
(citrus aurantium, zhi shi, bitter
fencamfamine
orange)
meclofenoxate
and related compounds
methamphetamine
(b) Anabolic Agents:
anabolic steroids
androstenediol
methyltestosterone
androstenedione
nandrolone
boldenone
norandrostenediol
clostebol
norandrostenedione
dehydrochlormethyl-
norethandrolone
testosterone
oxandrolone
dehydroepiandro-
oxymesterone
sterone (DHEA)
oxymetholone
dihydrotestosterone
stanozolol
(DHT)
testosterone
[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]2
dromostanolone
tetrahydrogestrinone (THG)
epitrenbolone
trenbolone
fluoxymesterone
and related compounds
gestrinone
mesterolone
methandienone
other anabolic agents
methenolone
clenbuterol
(c) Substances Banned for Specific Sports:
Rifle:
alcohol
pindolol
atenolol
propranolol
metoprolol
timolol
nadolol
and related compounds
(d) Diuretics:
acetazolamide
hydrochlorothiazide
bendroflumethiazide
hydroflumethiazide
benzhiazide
methyclothiazide
bumetanide
metolazone
chlorothiazide
polythiazide
chlorthalidone
quinethazone
ethacrynic acid
spironolactone
flumethiazide
triamterene
furosemide
trichlormethiazide
and related compounds
(e) Street Drugs:
heroin
tetrahydrocannabinol
marijuana
(THC)
(f) Peptide Hormones and Analogues:
corticotrophin (ACTH)
human chorionic gonadotrophin (hCG)
leutenizing hormone (LH)
growth hormone(HGH, somatotrophin)
insulin like growth hormone (IGF-1)
All the respective releasing factors of the above-mentioned
substances also are banned:
erythropoietin (EPO) sermorelin
darbypoetin
(g) Definitions of positive depends on the following:
for caffeine—if the concentration in urine exceeds 15
micrograms/ml.
for testosterone—if the administration of testosterone or use
of any other manipulation has the result of increasing the ratio
of the total concentration of testosterone to that of
epitestosterone in the urine to greater than 6:1, unless there is
evidence that this ratio is due to a physiological or
pathological condition. for marijuana and THC—if the concentration in the urine of
THC metabolite exceeds 15 nanograms/ml.

PastorofMuppets

Awards
Bah, this is nothing.

I was working out at the base gym while I was in the air force and overheard a conversation about how this sailors captain "banned" creatine outright from his command because "it caused shoulder problems".

I could not contain myself and started laughing and the guy asked me why I was laughing and I basically told him "if you have a shoulder problem, it isn't from the creatine, it's from people lifting wrong"

He didn't say much, but I could tell by the way that he furiously worked the pec deck that my assessment was correct.

Guy looked like an epileptic chicken.

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established

I couldnt agree more. There are certain things in this world that can be definatively objectively quantified. Helium is not oxygen, nitrogen is not carbon dioxide. And creatine and protien are not four ring structures comprised of carbon atoms. When it comes to objective criteria that can be quantified and proven through scientific method there are only two groups of theories. 1) reality. and 2) non-reality. Creatine is no more a steroid than a coca cola is an opiate. Again............................. reality...........and non-reality. Some things really are that simple.