Some Teens Use Supplements

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.18%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Just wondering how old are you? And with that attitude you might have found the wrong board my man

2. CDB
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.16%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew D
    Woah now there.. don't condem them all.. there are some damn good teachers in this country but just like any other field, we has some real dumbasses in it also...
    I agree there are some good teachers, but to be honest one of the reasons I ditched a career teaching in public school is because the people in the education majors were by far the dimmest bulbs I'd ever met in my life.

As far as Darius, he's got some good points. I'm liking his posts. But in the end I'd have to disagree with him. Who to blame? Personally, I blame myself. If the media makes you anxious, turn it off. Don't read the magazines, don't watch the shows or the music videos. The way I look at it if my life isn't good 99 times out of 100 it's my fault, with dumb bad luck and occasional maliscious attack from some other person making up the last 1 out of 100. This entire nation is married to the media, and the media has got everyone's balls in its purse. Nothing it stopping you from pulling yours out and using them though, as you could in any relationship. It's your choice though.

Edit: Jesus Christ this is an old thread. I had no idea.
  3. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.25%

Roids are looked down on worse then alcohol in terms of teen use because of this....

5,000 plus kids die each year from alcohol related deaths (poisonings, car accidents, etc.)

How many die of roids each year? Not too many

the only reason people think steroids are a problem is because the news is more widespread. I live on the east coast and some kid died "of roids" in Cali. and we heard about it. I dont even hear about kids dieng of alcohol in my same state...
    •   

Level
    Lv. Percent
    10%

I BELIVE THEY THINK THAT IF WE USE ANY SUPPLEMENT LIKE NO2 OR CREATINE THEN THAT WE WILL EVENTUALLY USE STEROIDS AND THAT THEY RATHER TAKE ALL THAT AWAY SO NO ONE CAN DO ANYTHING

THATS A BUNCH OF CRAP ITS UR DECISION AND UR DECISION ONLY IF U WANT TO TAKE SUPPS AND/OR STEROID

IF A 15 YR OLD GIRL SOCCER PLAYER TAKES JUICE? NOT MY PROBLEM!
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.55%

Such ignorance reminds me of the water boy where the mother is like "Girls are the devil, Foosball is the devil..." Protein is steroids creatine is steroids. You get the point, how can people intrusted with educating the future of the nation be soo STUPID that they dont even know the difference. How about accusing your teacher of snorting cocaine when their fat asses eat powdered donuts.
  6. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.25%

Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted
    Such ignorance reminds me of the water boy where the mother is like "Girls are the devil, Foosball is the devil..." Protein is steroids creatine is steroids. You get the point, how can people intrusted with educating the future of the nation be soo STUPID that they dont even know the difference. How about accusing your teacher of snorting cocaine when their fat asses eat powdered donuts.

I second this
  7. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.25%

Quote Originally Posted by SuPPLementJuNkY
    I BELIVE THEY THINK THAT IF WE USE ANY SUPPLEMENT LIKE NO2 OR CREATINE THEN THAT WE WILL EVENTUALLY USE STEROIDS AND THAT THEY RATHER TAKE ALL THAT AWAY SO NO ONE CAN DO ANYTHING

THATS A BUNCH OF CRAP ITS UR DECISION AND UR DECISION ONLY IF U WANT TO TAKE SUPPS AND/OR STEROID

IF A 15 YR OLD GIRL SOCCER PLAYER TAKES JUICE? NOT MY PROBLEM!

Good words fellow 17er, good words. I'm tired of the government protecting us from supplements when they cant protect us from cancer or other REAL problems.
  8. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.19%
    Achievements Posting Pro

most if not all HS in the united states are following the same list that the NCAA uses for "drugs" that cannot be used during the season....

amiphenazole
    methylenedioxymethamphetamine
    amphetamine
    (MDMA, ecstasy)
    bemigride
    methylphenidate
    benzphetamine
    nikethamide
    bromantan
    pemoline
    caffeine
    guarana)
    pentetrazol
    chlorphentermine
    phendimetrazine
    cocaine
    phenmetrazine
    cropropamide
    phentermine
    crothetamide
    diethylpropion
    phenylpropanolamine (ppa)
    dimethylamphetamine picrotoxine
    doxapram
    pipradol
    ephedrine
    prolintane
    (ephedra, ma huang) strychnine
    ethamivan
    synephrine
    ethylamphetamine
    (citrus aurantium, zhi shi, bitter
    fencamfamine
    orange)
    meclofenoxate
    and related compounds
    methamphetamine
    (b) Anabolic Agents:
    anabolic steroids
    androstenediol
    methyltestosterone
    androstenedione
    nandrolone
    boldenone
    norandrostenediol
    clostebol
    norandrostenedione
    dehydrochlormethyl-
    norethandrolone
    testosterone
    oxandrolone
    dehydroepiandro-
    oxymesterone
    sterone (DHEA)
    oxymetholone
    dihydrotestosterone
    stanozolol
    (DHT)
    testosterone
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]2
    dromostanolone
    tetrahydrogestrinone (THG)
    epitrenbolone
    trenbolone
    fluoxymesterone
    and related compounds
    gestrinone
    mesterolone
    methandienone
    other anabolic agents
    methenolone
    clenbuterol
    (c) Substances Banned for Specific Sports:
    Rifle:
    alcohol
    pindolol
    atenolol
    propranolol
    metoprolol
    timolol
    nadolol
    and related compounds
    (d) Diuretics:
    acetazolamide
    hydrochlorothiazide
    bendroflumethiazide
    hydroflumethiazide
    benzhiazide
    methyclothiazide
    bumetanide
    metolazone
    chlorothiazide
    polythiazide
    chlorthalidone
    quinethazone
    ethacrynic acid
    spironolactone
    flumethiazide
    triamterene
    furosemide
    trichlormethiazide
    and related compounds
    (e) Street Drugs:
    heroin
    tetrahydrocannabinol
    marijuana
    (THC)
    (f) Peptide Hormones and Analogues:
    corticotrophin (ACTH)
    human chorionic gonadotrophin (hCG)
    leutenizing hormone (LH)
    growth hormone(HGH, somatotrophin)
    insulin like growth hormone (IGF-1)
    All the respective releasing factors of the above-mentioned
    substances also are banned:
    erythropoietin (EPO) sermorelin
    darbypoetin
    (g) Definitions of positive depends on the following:
    for caffeine—if the concentration in urine exceeds 15
    micrograms/ml.
    [FONT=Times][SIZE=3][FONT=Times]for testosterone—if the administration of testosterone or use
    of any other manipulation has the result of increasing the ratio
    of the total concentration of testosterone to that of
    epitestosterone in the urine to greater than 6:1, unless there is
    evidence that this ratio is due to a physiological or
    pathological condition. for marijuana and THC—if the concentration in the urine of
    THC metabolite exceeds 15 nanograms/ml.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.04%

Bah, this is nothing.

I was working out at the base gym while I was in the air force and overheard a conversation about how this sailors captain "banned" creatine outright from his command because "it caused shoulder problems".

I could not contain myself and started laughing and the guy asked me why I was laughing and I basically told him "if you have a shoulder problem, it isn't from the creatine, it's from people lifting wrong"

He didn't say much, but I could tell by the way that he furiously worked the pec deck that my assessment was correct.

Guy looked like an epileptic chicken.
  10. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.09%

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted

I couldnt agree more. There are certain things in this world that can be definatively objectively quantified. Helium is not oxygen, nitrogen is not carbon dioxide. And creatine and protien are not four ring structures comprised of carbon atoms. When it comes to objective criteria that can be quantified and proven through scientific method there are only two groups of theories. 1) reality. and 2) non-reality. Creatine is no more a steroid than a coca cola is an opiate. Again......................... .... reality...........and non-reality. Some things really are that simple.
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.91%

Quote Originally Posted by UnicronSpawn
    I couldnt agree more. There are certain things in this world that can be definatively objectively quantified. Helium is not oxygen, nitrogen is not carbon dioxide. And creatine and protien are not four ring structures comprised of carbon atoms. When it comes to objective criteria that can be quantified and proven through scientific method there are only two groups of theories. 1) reality. and 2) non-reality. Creatine is no more a steroid than a coca cola is an opiate. Again......................... .... reality...........and non-reality. Some things really are that simple.
    Given the choice, I would prefer the steroids and the opiates. I think chocolate has its time and place ,but creatine messes up my electrolites. I will not allow the government to compromise my cell permeability.

" come get it you fat load "-Napolean Dynomite
  12. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.19%
    Achievements Posting Pro

"I will not allow the government to compromise my cell permeability."

can someone please make that a bumper sticker and sell that on anabolic minds!
  13. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.46%

To slightly expand on Darius's point (good post, by the way), the media is sensationalist. Thats what happens when the media is ran by private companies. To get the dollars, you need to have the best news. Negative, shocking news always works best. So people are more likely to pick up the newspaper that tells us about the dangers of amino acids than tell us that life kicks ass and should be enjoyed. They want people scared...and reading their newspaper. Its just that simple.
  14. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.19%
    Achievements Posting Pro

They want people scared...and reading their newspaper. Its just that simple.

YAY!!! the first time i actually agree with The Experiment!!!! I always knew i would one day find something in common with him... now.. let me try to let him understand the main stream lib. bias in news papers ;-)
  15. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.91%

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MaynardMeek
    They want people scared...and reading their newspaper. Its just that simple.

YAY!!! the first time i actually agree with The Experiment!!!! I always knew i would one day find something in common with him... now.. let me try to let him understand the main stream lib. bias in news papers ;-)
    Scared people are easier to fool. The standard strategy is to shock the reader with some horrible news, then reassure them with some bogus facts. This affirms the news source as the voice of reason and purveyor of truth. Then it is easier to convince the reader that anything you promote will be worth your while. It is a good thing that supplement companies do not use these techniques to sell their products!!! ( hahahahaha )
  16. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.46%

If you noticed MaynardMeek, I threw in a liberal remark in that post It doesn't matter to me if the news is liberal or conservative. I just want to know the truth.

Anyway, this is how they operate. You can tell because whenever they make an article about weblog news, they attack like starving pitbulls on a squirrel. Lets not forget that weblog news cracked the CBS "Memogate." Naturally, what happened is that the media began to attack weblog news.

Not to deviate much from the topic but I think blogging is the future of news. Never underestimate nerds who have nothing better to do than comb through articles to find incorrect information. Its what the media should be doing but sadly, they are not.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.25%

Hmm. Boy you know something's jacked up if it spurs me out of lurk mode.

I know I'm preaching to the choir on this board, but it really has to be reiterated. Protein a Class I steroid? So how the hell would they schedule a good T-bone? They're coming down on athletes for taking aminos (oh, HORROR!!) when I knew for a fact guys on the sports teams at my high school were a walking pharmacopia of illicit, and not very performance-enhancing substances.

Gah, too much stupidity this early in the morning. At least no one I've dealt with in my Army career has been idiotic about supplement usage. Hell, there's a GNC at almost every good-sized PX...not that I shop there... I'd rather (and do) frequent the folks who advertise here.

End of rant. Oh, and hello!

Ryan

Similar Forum Threads

1. Some help with supplements
    By ozuferous2484 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 01:40 PM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-21-2007, 02:19 PM
  3. 3rd cycle with some never used.. questions???
    By 02quinngt in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-20-2005, 09:14 AM
  4. OK I am about to do some research using IGF-1
    By wantmoresize in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-09-2005, 01:40 PM
  5. Useful supplements while on Methyl 1-Test
    By bigbadboss101 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-09-2003, 07:23 PM