More Positive Reviews for Steroids

Paracelsus

Awards
"If steroids are not nearly as bad for us as we’ve been led to believe, and if they show far more potential as anti-aging medicine than anything else currently available, then what the hell is the problem?"

Everything you thought you knew about steroids is wrong
by STEVEN KOTLER

http://www.laweekly.com/ink/05/36/features-kotler.php

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Best article I've read in a LONG ASS TIME :thumbsup:

Thx for posting it!

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It was a great article. I like that it went in depth. The longer ones are more enjoyable to me. :)

BigP0ppa3

Awards
  • Established
Excellent article - hopefully more positive news like this will get around.

BP

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
The longer ones are more enjoyable to me. :)
Okay SB...this was a serious article. Please refrain from inserting (damnit....wrong word)...uh....penetrating the discussion with (umm....maybe that's a bad one, too).....well, just quit with the homoerotic inuendos :D

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
That's one of the most awesome articles Ive ever read about anything! Thanks for posting it.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
pretty sweet article, incredible endless science and possibilities are on the way. Wish I were younger

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
pretty sweet article, incredible endless science and possibilities are on the way. Wish I were younger
By the time this **** becomes mainstream it will be time for guys like you and I to start using it. Though I gotta admit, I really wouldn't wanna live to be 120.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
If I can still screw, I'll live to be 120...why not?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
By the time this **** becomes mainstream it will be time for guys like you and I to start using it. Though I gotta admit, I really wouldn't wanna live to be 120.
Hell I would, as long as I could be healthy and virile I'd like to live as long as I can. There's so much cool stuff to do that literally takes a lifetime to be a master at...if you could live that long you'd have a chance to be very adept at a great many things.

BV

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Truthfully, sometimes the world just disgusts me. Imagine what it might be like in 100 years. Fogeda 'bout it.

Paracelsus

Awards
'The real eye opener, though, isn’t about what I need now; it’s about what I might want then. “If you can hold on for five more years,� says Rothenberg, “you won’t believe what’s coming.� '

I believe gene manipulation is less than ten years away. Just hope we don't have to go underground for the myostatin inhibitor!

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I believe gene manipulation is less than ten years away. Just hope we don't have to go underground for the myostatin inhibitor!
I think the big question will be whether we can afford it or not.

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
Swish! That was such an awesome article. That article should be mass produced and put in major newspapers everywhere and posted on billboards, and in waiting rooms! That was too cool. Nothing revelational for us here at AM but to see it hit a mainstream media outlet is a good thing. Im going to make a hard copy of that article right now. Even though I read the whole darn thing just now. Now if only about a hundred more articles like it with support from medical studies and experts could get out, then maybe the tedious re-education of america could get the ball rolling.

ShadowOne

Awards
What we've all known for the longest time! About time the media starts waking up.

Paracelsus

Awards
http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2005-07-31-teens-bodies_x.htm

"Almost 5% of teenage boys and 2% of girls use potentially unhealthy products ranging from protein powders to growth hormone and injectable steroids at least weekly to improve appearance or strength."

"Protein powders are probably relatively safe..."

I have yet to see use of protein shakes attributed to increased mortality in teenagers.

It is mind boggling that, in the midst of an obesity epidemic, the media views concern for one’s body in a negative light. I suppose sitting on one’s ass and eating Krispy Kremes would be more acceptable?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
It is mind boggling that, in the midst of an obesity epidemic, the media views concern for one’s body in a negative light. I suppose sitting on one’s ass and eating Krispy Kremes would be more acceptable?
Of course it would - that's the status quo.

People are terrified of anything that builds muscle, but they'll gobble down high fructose corn syrup like its water.

BV

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established

"Almost 5% of teenage boys and 2% of girls use potentially unhealthy products ranging from protein powders to growth hormone and injectable steroids at least weekly to improve appearance or strength."

I have yet to see use of protein shakes attributed to increased mortality in teenagers.

My IQ just dropped seven points. Those are the two most mindless statements I've ever read in my entire life :frustrate . I hate the person who wrote them. :smite:

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established

the "fitness industry" is miniscule compared to the euphemistically-named "health-care" industry (really, it's much more of a disease industry), and carries correspondingly less weight with social Darwinists, the medical community, and the politicians.

simply put, there's a hell of a lot more money to be made by managing the health-destructive habits of the masses, than by supporting intelligent, responsible, informed personal decisions.

I think the optimum choice profile (from the AMA/FDA/Pharma/HMO perspective) is equivalent to paper-or-plastic: "Please select from the following predetermined profit-centers:...."

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
My IQ just dropped seven points. Those are the two most mindless statements I've ever read in my entire life :frustrate . I hate the person who wrote them. :smite:
just to make the point, it *would* be quite unhealthy to replace real food w/ protein powder - and that's indeed the kind of foolishness that teen-agers often indulge in.

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
"Steroids have known health effects"?? she says? Apparently not "known" with a very comprehensive understanding by this journalist.