Steroids blamed in homicide

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
F'in retarded..

I guess we're all eventually going to turn into cold-blooded homicidal maniacs now..

tattoopierced1

man, i'm feeling cold blooded already just reading the word "steroid"....

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Some people will say anything to avoid taking responsibility for thier own actions and to shift the blame, or focus, to another source to get the 'monkey' off their back.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Some people will say anything to avoid taking responsibility for thier own actions and to shift the blame, or focus, to another source to get the 'monkey' off their back.
the media will buy this one though :(

davisville64

Awards
Wow, please tell me I didn't just read that...:frustrate

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
They should just arrest and lock up all steroid users NOW! The world could be overrun with homicidal big people and the little politicians will have nowhere to hide.

LAME :rant:

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I think it all just boils down to fear of the unknown and jealousy. Deep down, every male wishes they could be big and strong - its part of our psyche. Most dont posess the discipline to get to that point, so they hate and fear what they can't have.

BV

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
They should just arrest and lock up all steroid users NOW! The world could be overrun with homicidal big people and the little politicians will have nowhere to hide.

LAME :rant:
that's the policy too.

'steroids' are somewhat of a taboo to the average person. The average person doesn't think it's as widespread (as say, weed or even other illegal 'rec' drugs). It is generally assumed only 'bad' people use steroids.

Yet from congress, we are told 1 in every 7 high school students has used steroids (based on what?). for whatever reason 1 in every 7 highschool students aren't dropping dead.

obviously - both are bullshit.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I think it all just boils down to fear of the unknown and jealousy. Deep down, every male wishes they could be big and strong - its part of our psyche. Most dont posess the discipline to get to that point, so they hate and fear what they can't have.

BV
so very true! that is why steroid users are called 'cheaters' so quickly. anabolics are regarded as miracle drugs that will make you bench 600lbs instantly.

if we aren't 25% BF and benching 110lbs with a beer and cigarette in our hands - we must be cheaters!

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
so very true! that is why steroid users are called 'cheaters' so quickly. anabolics are regarded as miracle drugs that will make you bench 600lbs instantly.

if we aren't 25% BF and benching 110lbs with a beer and cigarette in our hands - we must be cheaters!
I was talking to my wife one day about the pros and cons of steroid use. She too has the impression that it is cheating if one uses. She said "why would you want to achieve the body you want while using steroids? Wouldn't you feel like you cheated yourself by not doing it by working hard?" Grrr.....I have tried to educate her, but she doesn't, refuses to understand about genetics and such.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
"And how do you plead?"

"Not guilty your honor. I was taking steroids and was mentally insane."

WTF is going on........

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
'cheating' assumes an even playing field to begin with. Such is not the case in any area of life whether it be academic, athletic, or anything that genetics can play even the slightest factor. The prize should go to he (or she) who has the willpower.

Cuffs, ask the wife (but don't get into a fight :D) if she would consider day traders on the New York Stock exchange who pop massive amounts of the Rx Drug Adderol cheaters as well... Clearly that serves as [performance enhancer] beyond normal cognitive abilities... A New York City diet of Adderol, Coffee, Cigarettes, Frozen Meals, and stress will kill you as quick as Dbol.

Lasix eye surgery? Cheating?

I have a friend at MIT (that's Massachusetts Institute of Technology not Methyl-1-test :lol: ), a smart kid for sure - but isn't naturally as techincally sound as the asian kids in his computer science program (stereotype, but generally true). Lots of 12 hour+ studying sessions, no sleep, high stress. He pops adderol so he can study.

Should he be kicked out of school for using a performance enhancer without prescription? Even if he's willing to put in the time?

Is he a cheater?

Is he a fraud?

Sadly, Depends who you ask...

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
The problem with this theory is LEGAL availability.

If you're talking sports, etc, then they are illegal to use, thus, it DOES give those athletes that break the law an advantage. You do need to try to level the playing field in sports, etc, as evenly as you can. True, some teams, individuals, etc have better facilities, but there's still access to better facilities and these are legal for athletes to access.

Under the law of each sport the playing field does need to be level to make the games as fair as possible. If athletes are using substances that are flat out banned, they are cheating, and they do have an upper hand, period.

In baseball, for example,players have a 3-4 month window to train for the next season. Those that use steroids can substantially increase their performance during those months and thusly get an upper hand for the next season. If steroids were legal in this particular sport, it would not be cheating. Fact is, I agree with the assessment that athletes that break the rules and use steroids and give themselves an upper hand, are indeed cheating.

'cheating' assumes an even playing field to begin with. Such is not the case in any area of life whether it be academic, athletic, or anything that genetics can play even the slightest factor. The prize should go to he (or she) who has the willpower.

Cuffs, ask the wife (but don't get into a fight :D) if she would consider day traders on the New York Stock exchange who pop massive amounts of the Rx Drug Adderol cheaters as well... Clearly that serves as [performance enhancer] beyond normal cognitive abilities... A New York City diet of Adderol, Coffee, Cigarettes, Frozen Meals, and stress will kill you as quick as Dbol.

Lasix eye surgery? Cheating?

I have a friend at MIT (that's Massachusetts Institute of Technology not Methyl-1-test :lol: ), a smart kid for sure - but isn't naturally as techincally sound as the asian kids in his computer science program (stereotype, but generally true). Lots of 12 hour+ studying sessions, no sleep, high stress. He pops adderol so he can study.

Should he be kicked out of school for using a performance enhancer without prescription? Even if he's willing to put in the time?

Is he a cheater?

Is he a fraud?

Sadly, Depends who you ask...

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I believe him though actually.

Just like I believe the teacher in Tampa who was boinking that 14 year old boy.

LOL DAMN can you think back to when you were 14, how Fing cool would that have been.

Oh HELL it would be fing cool to be boinking her now HA

CROWLER

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
i agree steroids shouldn't have a place in sports if the associations wish to ban them - hey, it's their league. Plus it's illegal.
My question is, when a professional athlete gets busted for steriods (not possession) but tests positive, why are they arrested? They get suspended for a handful of games and lose paycheck

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
You mean why AREN'T they busted right? I agree. That's the double-standard. They should be arrested like everybody else. That's a HUGE issue of mine. Make the law but then only enforce it against people who are trying to improve their bodies and then DON'T enforce it against those who are breaking their own organizations rules. WTF?

i agree steroids shouldn't have a place in sports if the associations wish to ban them - hey, it's their league. Plus it's illegal.
My question is, when a professional athlete gets busted for steriods (not possession) but tests positive, why are they arrested? They get suspended for a handful of games and lose paycheck

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
You mean why AREN'T they busted right? I agree. That's the double-standard. They should be arrested like everybody else. That's a HUGE issue of mine. Make the law but then only enforce it against people who are trying to improve their bodies and then DON'T enforce it against those who are breaking their own organizations rules. WTF?
right, so in essence, I could claim I was using steroids to do better in school - so the college would suspend me for a semester, but no legal trouble.

same deal though, athlete caught with 500 lbs. of marijuana (nate newton) 2x in 3 months. jail time? of course not.
how bout them cowboys???

raiderz

Banned
Awards
I have run into the cheating dilema in my softball league , they currently have banned certain bats and restricted softballs to limit homeruns and for safety of the infielders. But I am now at 235 , from 192 last year .. and all the coaches are crying about me hitting the ball so hard, and leading the league in HR's when I hit all of 1 last year ..Now I do take performance enhancers and the newer anabolics , and M1T to help me lift and build my muscle mass.. I really notice the difference in my size standing around the other players in my league and how much bigger I am . I get tired of the finger pointing and comments of juicehead, hey Giambi ... am I wrong ? Now I am asking ... am I cheating ??

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
I see two possible explanations.

If the substances you are using are illegal, then it's implied that those substances should not be used. True, that's not how it was in the MLB, but it's how it was meant to read.

If the substance you are using are NOT illegal, and not explicily prohibited, you're not doing anything wrong and I wouldn't call you a cheater.

Myself, I wouldn't call you a cheater if you are using illegal AAS, but that's a cloudy subject, you know.

Regardless, congrats on the mass gains and keep up the good work. On another thread a gentleman said gained muscle doesn't help you hit the ball nor increase batspeed... I argued that point... and you support it well ;)

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Well, I suppose its analgous to auto racing. If you're in a leauge that only allows naturally aspirated engines, and they've outlawed every concievable type of turbo for that league...and then go you slap a supercharger on your engine, are you cheating?

Yes, you are! Does that mean you're cheating if you use a higher octane gasoline? No, I dont think so.

Does that make any sense? I dont know:)

BV

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
I was talking to my wife one day about the pros and cons of steroid use. She too has the impression that it is cheating if one uses. She said "why would you want to achieve the body you want while using steroids? Wouldn't you feel like you cheated yourself by not doing it by working hard?" Grrr.....I have tried to educate her, but she doesn't, refuses to understand about genetics and such.
lol! That sounds a lot like my girlfriend. Although she doesnt deny the ammount of work I put in to it..... drugs or no drugs. But she always brings up, "well so and so that I knew started lifting with no supplements while in jail and got buffed, blah, blah, blah." (not a word for word quote) she just doesnt want to except the fact that just because someone was skinny before they started lifting, doesnt mean they dont have a genetic predisposition to responding well to training. And then when I see the guy it turns out I out weigh him by like 60 lbs, but since so and so was lean enough that she could see the definition, she percieved the guy as being bigger. Not that Im a full lard ass or anything. (Im aiming to see my abs by october). sigh, but what are you gonna do. (cant live with them......etc.....)

About the level playing field, that will only happen if a protocol of gene manipulation is implemented making all competitors equal in genetic ability, that is the only way it would ever truly be just about who worked the hardest and smartest.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I have run into the cheating dilema in my softball league , they currently have banned certain bats and restricted softballs to limit homeruns and for safety of the infielders. But I am now at 235 , from 192 last year .. and all the coaches are crying about me hitting the ball so hard, and leading the league in HR's when I hit all of 1 last year ..Now I do take performance enhancers and the newer anabolics , and M1T to help me lift and build my muscle mass.. I really notice the difference in my size standing around the other players in my league and how much bigger I am . I get tired of the finger pointing and comments of juicehead, hey Giambi ... am I wrong ? Now I am asking ... am I cheating ??

haha, I think we might have a job for you:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showpost.php?p=335943&postcount=71

JEALOUSY IS A BITCH HUH?

Giambi though, was/is huge rec. drug user - if Canseco was correct. A lot of others claim that: night after night of he'd hit coke, drink, come home dizzy and stick a needle in his ass, puke, pop some advil and dbol, and pass out drunk on in the hotel. He has no respect for himself. And Neither do I.

i'd resist any comparision to Jason Giambi. supposedly he didn't even cycle correctly - run crazy amount drugs in completely absurd ratios. but who knows...

davisville64

Awards
If steroids were legal to the public, less labs woudl make "designer" roids. This, in turn, would make it harder to "cheat" and bypass a test using an undetectable substance.

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
We live in a society where people don't have to take personal responsibility for our actions if there is a scapegoat that can work. This is no different than blaming it on music or video games.