Big Brother is on to us guys and gals

buffb2

buffb2

Awards
http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20050616/ts_csm/aadonis

This is labled steriods used for weight loss. The funny thing is the article states "A survey of 13 high schools in Oregon found that, among boys, 4.5 percent of nonathletes took steroids. The figure is in the same ballpark as the one for athletes: 6.5 percent.The data for girls were even more revealing. Some 2.1 percent of nonathletes took steroids, compared with 1 percent of athletes. OMG!! How about ask for percentages of alcohol, drugs, and tabacco. Lets look at those numbers. I cant believe these "people/goverment" are running this country.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

This is labled steriods used for weight loss. The funny thing is the article states "A survey of 13 high schools in Oregon found that, among boys, 4.5 percent of nonathletes took steroids. The figure is in the same ballpark as the one for athletes: 6.5 percent.The data for girls were even more revealing. Some 2.1 percent of nonathletes took steroids, compared with 1 percent of athletes. OMG!! How about ask for percentages of alcohol, drugs, and tabacco. Lets look at those numbers. I cant believe these "people/goverment" are running this country.
Who is the 'us' that you are referring to when you quote: "A survey of 13 high schools in Oregon found that, among boys, 4.5 percent of nonathletes took steroids. The figure is in the same ballpark as the one for athletes: 6.5 percent."? :think:

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
What's sad is that there really is an increase in the use of anabolic drugs in young people who should not be taking them. The problem is education, and the way our government demonizes chemicals, rather than the actions of the people that abuse them.

So the people that educate themselves about their bodies, diet and train hard and use drugs responsibly are thrown into the same group as some 17 year old cheesburger eating punk who has been on D-Bol for the past 16 weeks because its 'kewl'.

There should be a clear line drawn, and society should be educated as to what that line is.

BV

P

Pushofabutton

Awards
Im sry to say this but many of the kids in highschool don't know what anabolic's are or how they work. When i was on the wrestling team last year i got hounded for creatine. Everyone was like "can you hook me up". Only one guy i knew took or even knew anything about gear. This figures are very distorted. The only way i could believe this is if they could name off the drugs and the dosage they were taking. And trust me 50%of the ones saying that they used wouldn't know what to say.

C

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The majority of the kids that took this survey just filled it out quickly to get the incentive the company offered (I used to do these survey's also for a free movie ticket!) The few kids who actually read what was on the paper might have thought it was cool to put down that they did steroids, or maybe they took some sort of drug that they THOUGHT was steroids.

"One study by Dr. Gruber found some women so obsessed about maintaining their appearance that they 'refused to eat out at restaurants or at friends' houses because of their need to be certain that they were ingesting the precise amounts of calories, protein, fat, and carbohydrates that they believed necessary to maintain their physique.'"

Yea I don't go eat fat, greasy foods made at some restaurants if I don't know how many calories are in them. What's the big deal? It's MY CHOICE, how is that being obsessed. And oh yea when I'm at a friends house I don't grab a slice of pizza, why? because i'm on a DIET!

it's not being obsessed it's being responsible. How is a Doctor going to tell me whether or not I should eat out!? GO CURE AIDS BITCHES

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What's sad is that there really is an increase in the use of anabolic drugs in young people who should not be taking them. The problem is education, and the way our government demonizes chemicals, rather than the actions of the people that abuse them.

So the people that educate themselves about their bodies, diet and train hard and use drugs responsibly are thrown into the same group as some 17 year old cheesburger eating punk who has been on D-Bol for the past 16 weeks because its 'kewl'.

There should be a clear line drawn, and society should be educated as to what that line is.

BV
Good points, great post...

J

JeepASaurus

Awards
I love the way they nonchalantly classify "steroid" (of which they have a very loose definition) in the same chemical class as "diet pills and protein shakes. Maybe I should get a prescription the next time I go to buy a steak...

This inquiry is reaching a witch-hunt proportion. At the rate these ignorant "too smart for their own goods" are moving, pretty soon meat and bread will be classified as dangerous and illegal anabolic steroids. What a bunch of jackasses. I'm going to go "work on my figure" by downing some eggs and oatmeal while they are still legal....

From the article:
"In this context, steroids can become just another tool in the chemical arsenal - like diet pills or protein shakes. "It's the easiest way for a woman to decrease body fat," adds Gruber. "No matter how much you diet, for many women to reach these increasing aesthetic ideals, they need to do something like take steroids.""

F

Funny Monkey

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
well before food goes they are going to talk about the steroid like effects of B-6 and Vit-C. What chaps my ass is that so many people really believe this ****.

I told a guy a while back how the FDA is trying to make anything over the rda script only and I kid you not as he held a beer in each hand and a lit cigarette in his mouth he told me "yeah there is no reason for people to take that stuff" I was speechless

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
well before food goes they are going to talk about the steroid like effects of B-6 and Vit-C. What chaps my ass is that so many people really believe this ****.
Good point, this is the battle we have to win or it could mean bye bye for muscle building and fat burning supplements, maybe even most supplements all together. If the people believe the misinformation than they and the gov't will see some supps as a health hazard

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
birth control is a steroid. They should factor that into the equation and come up with some figure that 56% of all high school students take steroids.

What a crock of sh_t.

During the multi-million dollar congressional hearings on steroids in Major League Baseball, some wrinkled pencilneck senator said: "I estimate 1 in 7 kids in high school are using steroids." with absolutely no data, study, or anything to back it up.

So I ask this: Why aren't 1 in 7 high school kids dropping dead?

We've given the power to the biggest pussies in the country.
Thank you Mr. Senator.

P

PastorofMuppets

Awards
FARKING BULLSHIT!!!

If you read the "studies", you'll find that they didn't actually test the teens. They simply asked them if they took "steroids".

1. Most kids don't know the difference between corticosteroids and regular steroids.

2. Since when are teens and pre-teens remotely honest on surveys?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
It's riciculous. And we HAVE given power to the biggest bunch of pussies on the planet. They're as ignorant as the masses the blindly follow them.

W

willieman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I wonder if alot of these "steroids" they are were the legal ones (PH's, methyls), and now since they are deemed illegal steroids, they lump them into they same as the ones that were already illegal....it would make some sence since they were easliy obtainable at one point, and are still floating around.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
it might as well have been creatine, for all our congressmen know, creatine is a lethal steroid. Anyone that displays 'male' behavior should be tested for banned substances.

when David Stern was being interrogated, the congressman from (wisconsin?) said the brawl at the Palace at Auburn Hill (involving Ron Artest) must have involved steroids.

I guess he met that: The Pacers were on Steroids, The Pistons were on Steroids, and the Detroit fans were on steroids. And the refs were on steroids for not stopping the fight earlier. The only people not on steroids are the congressmen.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Who is the 'us' that you are referring to when you quote: "A survey of 13 high schools in Oregon found that, among boys, 4.5 percent of nonathletes took steroids. The figure is in the same ballpark as the one for athletes: 6.5 percent."? :think:
Not trying to be rude or argumentative but...

...what does a survey from a sample of 15-18yr old HS kids regarding any behaviors (steroids, birth control, cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, tatoos, body piercing, masturbation, sexual preference, etc., etc.) have to do with anyone being "on to us (me)"?

But this does hit spot on:

"Yet in the process, it also laid bare perhaps a deeper and more overlooked trend in steroid abuse - one that goes beyond sport or sex. Many steroid users - *both men and women* - take the drug not to run faster, jump higher, or throw harder, but simply to look better."

I would speculate that to be a very accurate statement. How many on this board are actually "enhancing their performance" in anything with their use of PH/PS/AAS? I would also speculate that the major majority of PH/PS/AAS users have not even engaged in any form of competative sports or athletic activity of any kind that required performance enhancement. But I do believe that they (males or females of any age) have the obsession to resemble the .01% elite genetic specimin of the male/female species that is pictorialized on the cover of a magazine, episode of MTV real world, latest R&B music video, televison commercial, etc., etc.

*not HS boys and girls*

JMO

chrisrico

chrisrico

Awards
http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20050616/ts_csm/aadonisOMG!! How about ask for percentages of alcohol, drugs, and tabacco. Lets look at those numbers. I cant believe these "people/goverment" are running this country.
I think the point is that kids can hurt themselves a lot faster with steroids than with alcohol/tobacco (aside from the drunk driving thing). Recreational drugs on the other hand, pose just as much risk and are "addictive"!

A proper resolution might include diet and exercise education classes. I think it's admirable that kids are trying harder these days to have attractive bodies, as this usually translates into more healthy bodies if done right. And, if they can carry this attitude into adulthood, maybe the % of FAT-A$$ adults will go down, thus lowering the disease/poor health explosion in this country.

Kids need to form the proper attitude and realize it's great to have a hot body but you have to WORK FOR IT! Taking the easy road can be counterproductive in the long run.

joebiggie

joebiggie

Awards
I told a guy a while back how the FDA is trying to make anything over the rda script only and I kid you not as he held a beer in each hand and a lit cigarette in his mouth he told me "yeah there is no reason for people to take that stuff" I was speechless
What really chaps my ass about this legislation is that in some cases you have to take damn near 10,000 times the FDA requirements to get anything useful out of it.Take for example B12... most people who are in the know understand that B12 is not very readily digested in the gut and that you have to take a large amount of it to get any meaningful doses in your body... 1 gram/day or so which is around 16,000 times the USRDA. Guess that means I have to down an entire bottle of the "legal stuff" every day once that bill gets passed.