WADA closes in on third designer drug

firecross

firecross

Board Supporter
Awards
BEIJING, Apr. 21 (Xinhuanet) -- Sports scientists are close to identify a third designer drug in the wake of the discoveries of THG and DMT, a senior official with the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) revealed on Thursday.

"We have another substance which we are analysing now, which we think will be another designer drug, "WADA director general David Howman told Xinhua, who was here for the second Asian inter-governmental anti-doping conference.

THG, or tetrahydrogestrinone, surfaced in 2003 after the substance was sent anonymously in a syringe to American anti-doping athletes.

A test was developed secretly, trapping several top athletes and triggering an international doping scandal.

Several leading athletes including double world sprint champion Kelly White of the United States and Britain's European 100 meters champion Dwain Chambers, were banned after THG was discovered.

The WADA announced in February the discovery of DMT (desoxy-methyl-testosterone) following an anonymous tip-off passed through email. Scientists said that DMT was aimed to artificially boost strength and stamina.

It was tipped off that the DMT was among the substances seized by Canadian customs at the Canada-US border last year.

Though designer drugs appeared to keep coming up, Howman was not fussed, saying that pre-emptive efforts are being taken.
"We are catching it earlier. We are catching it before it goes into the market," he said.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2005-04/21/content_2861030.htm

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
man, this has nothing to do with that article .. but why does your avatar have a big swastika in the middle of it???

firecross

firecross

Board Supporter
Awards
My avatar is the Falun (Law Wheel).

This Law Wheel design is the universe's miniature, and in all other dimensions it, too, has its forms of being and its evolution processes, so I call it a world. When it's turning clockwise the Law Wheel can automatically take in energy from the universe, and when it's turning counterclockwise the Law Wheel can send out energy.

More information here.

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
No it is not a swastika. However, there is absolutely no doubt that people will think it is and raise a stink about it. You're asking for trouble with an avatar like that. Common sense would be to pick something else.

/karp

freakyguy

Awards
Swastika's go back to over three thousand years and were used by many civilizations. They were a sign for good and for hope, only till hitler got a hold on it did people associate it with bad. Use what you want, if people are to stupid to know what the true meaning of a swastika is f%$# them. Anyway you said it wasn't and explained it. Use what you like IMO......

Last edited:

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
who cares about his friggin avatar!

Discuss the damn article.

Geez!

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
Yes, swastikas have been around for thousands of years and have symbolized hope, peace, whatever. For the last 60 years they have symbolized hate and the murder of millions. Personally I don't give a **** what he uses. However, it is imprudent and unwise to use something that you know full well is going to start trouble. I, for one, would prefer that we not have useless flame wars here like the ones that go on at bb.com. An avatar like that is flamebait. Period.

/karp

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well its not a swastika - the points bend the other way.

I think its worth the little trouble to educate people on its real meaning instead of continue allowing the symbol to be hijacked.

Edit: Just read the article about the allegation that Pat is also the person who made DMT

BigP0ppa3

Awards
  • Established
BEIJING, Apr. 21 (Xinhuanet) -- Sports scientists are close to identify a third designer drug in the wake of the discoveries of THG and DMT, a senior official with the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) revealed on Thursday.

"We have another substance which we are analysing now, which we think will be another designer drug, "WADA director general David Howman told Xinhua, who was here for the second Asian inter-governmental anti-doping conference.

THG, or tetrahydrogestrinone, surfaced in 2003 after the substance was sent anonymously in a syringe to American anti-doping athletes.

A test was developed secretly, trapping several top athletes and triggering an international doping scandal.

Several leading athletes including double world sprint champion Kelly White of the United States and Britain's European 100 meters champion Dwain Chambers, were banned after THG was discovered.

The WADA announced in February the discovery of DMT (desoxy-methyl-testosterone) following an anonymous tip-off passed through email. Scientists said that DMT was aimed to artificially boost strength and stamina.

It was tipped off that the DMT was among the substances seized by Canadian customs at the Canada-US border last year.

Though designer drugs appeared to keep coming up, Howman was not fussed, saying that pre-emptive efforts are being taken.
"We are catching it earlier. We are catching it before it goes into the market," he said.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2005-04/21/content_2861030.htm
Are they talking about Melting Point? :think:

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
CDB, I remeber that chick in your avatar from Maxim, she's an Eagle Cheerleader and sooo fucking sexy.
Yup. :D She is a serious piece of ass. All I had to do was paint out the Maxim logo and I had the perfect avatar.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Sigh... here I am looking for valuable information at work and BAM, there's this hot ass babe.. i just can't concentrate. no respect for us by posting these chick for avatar's...

KEEP IT UP!

ps... man, it's tough at work browsing the forums with hot chick... "hey, what are you looking at" uh.... uh...

LOL.. BUT KEEP IT UP!

Yup. :D She is a serious piece of ass. All I had to do was paint out the Maxim logo and I had the perfect avatar.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Interesting article. Nice girl in the avatar. Love the buddhist symbol but......it will be karmatically questioned again here by others. Who knows maybe someone will ask you the meaning of different koans to test your rather high level of buddha in that avatar. Many symbols my friend, many symbols. :)

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
WADA is fighting an uphill battle, there are so many structural combinations possible for enhancing performance, the underground labs will always be months ahead of them. They cant even do anything to develope a new test until someone messes up and lets one of their associates get a hold of the new designer drug. You cant stop evolution, you can only slow it down. The only thing their accomplishing is assuring that users will consider lack of detectability a more important attribute than safety or efficiency when choosing wich performance enhancing drug to use. Once gene doping catches on what exactly do they think their going to be able to do? The whole puritanical luddite point of view that theyve got people buying into like rats following the pied piper, is in defiance of the spirit of evolution. .............Sorry to change the subject. :D

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
SD perhaps? Even though it's already on the market....

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
doubtful anything they are using as professionals will ever reach our circles....i'm sure everythings kept real hush-hush and with all these investigations the price for undectable hormones will just keep going up. the labs know who their clients are and dont go elsewhere...so it's highly doubtful its superdrol OR melting point.

AgnosticFront

AgnosticFront

Awards
I think that guy’s avatar is cool. Who cares if it raises controversy! I would have it just for that reason. Theres nothing wrong with making waves and challenging people’s views! Thats great... as long as intentions are good... let them get all flustered about it!! haha