WADA closes in on third designer drug - AnabolicMinds.com

WADA closes in on third designer drug

  1. Board Supporter
    firecross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    127

    Reputation

    WADA closes in on third designer drug


    BEIJING, Apr. 21 (Xinhuanet) -- Sports scientists are close to identify a third designer drug in the wake of the discoveries of THG and DMT, a senior official with the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) revealed on Thursday.

    "We have another substance which we are analysing now, which we think will be another designer drug, "WADA director general David Howman told Xinhua, who was here for the second Asian inter-governmental anti-doping conference.

    THG, or tetrahydrogestrinone, surfaced in 2003 after the substance was sent anonymously in a syringe to American anti-doping athletes.

    A test was developed secretly, trapping several top athletes and triggering an international doping scandal.

    Several leading athletes including double world sprint champion Kelly White of the United States and Britain's European 100 meters champion Dwain Chambers, were banned after THG was discovered.

    The WADA announced in February the discovery of DMT (desoxy-methyl-testosterone) following an anonymous tip-off passed through email. Scientists said that DMT was aimed to artificially boost strength and stamina.

    It was tipped off that the DMT was among the substances seized by Canadian customs at the Canada-US border last year.

    Though designer drugs appeared to keep coming up, Howman was not fussed, saying that pre-emptive efforts are being taken.
    "We are catching it earlier. We are catching it before it goes into the market," he said.

    http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...nt_2861030.htm

  2. Registered User
    glenihan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,679
    Rep Power
    1962

    Reputation

    man, this has nothing to do with that article .. but why does your avatar have a big swastika in the middle of it???
  3. Board Supporter
    firecross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    127

    Reputation

    My avatar is the Falun (Law Wheel).

    This Law Wheel design is the universe's miniature, and in all other dimensions it, too, has its forms of being and its evolution processes, so I call it a world. When it's turning clockwise the Law Wheel can automatically take in energy from the universe, and when it's turning counterclockwise the Law Wheel can send out energy.



    More information here.
    •   
       

  4. CDB
    CDB is offline
    Registered User
    CDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,543
    Rep Power
    2674

    Reputation

    In a swastika the ends of the lines bend to the right. In the law wheel they bend to the left.

    Go here to find out more about what he's talking about: http://www.falunorlando.org/miami/index.html
  5. Registered User
    jrkarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    950
    Rep Power
    601

    Reputation

    No it is not a swastika. However, there is absolutely no doubt that people will think it is and raise a stink about it. You're asking for trouble with an avatar like that. Common sense would be to pick something else.

    /karp
  6. New Member
    freakyguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    126

    Reputation

    Swastika's go back to over three thousand years and were used by many civilizations. They were a sign for good and for hope, only till hitler got a hold on it did people associate it with bad. Use what you want, if people are to stupid to know what the true meaning of a swastika is f%$# them. Anyway you said it wasn't and explained it. Use what you like IMO......
    Last edited by freakyguy; 05-02-2005 at 03:57 PM. Reason: spelled them wrong
  7. Board Supporter
    houseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,706
    Rep Power
    1014

    Reputation

    who cares about his friggin avatar!

    Discuss the damn article.

    Geez!
  8. Registered User
    jrkarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    950
    Rep Power
    601

    Reputation

    Yes, swastikas have been around for thousands of years and have symbolized hope, peace, whatever. For the last 60 years they have symbolized hate and the murder of millions. Personally I don't give a **** what he uses. However, it is imprudent and unwise to use something that you know full well is going to start trouble. I, for one, would prefer that we not have useless flame wars here like the ones that go on at bb.com. An avatar like that is flamebait. Period.

    /karp
  9. Senior Member
    MarcusG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,223
    Rep Power
    753

    Reputation

    Well its not a swastika - the points bend the other way.

    I think its worth the little trouble to educate people on its real meaning instead of continue allowing the symbol to be hijacked.

    Edit: Just read the article about the allegation that Pat is also the person who made DMT
  10. Banned
    Mattris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    speaking of hijacked.......
  11. Registered User
    D_town's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    558
    Rep Power
    409

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattris
    speaking of hijacked.......
    CDB,

    I remember that chick in your avatar from Maxim, she's an Eagle Cheerleader and sooo ****ing sexy.
    Last edited by D_town; 05-03-2005 at 04:43 PM.
  12. Registered User
    BigP0ppa3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    269
    Rep Power
    252

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by firecross
    BEIJING, Apr. 21 (Xinhuanet) -- Sports scientists are close to identify a third designer drug in the wake of the discoveries of THG and DMT, a senior official with the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) revealed on Thursday.

    "We have another substance which we are analysing now, which we think will be another designer drug, "WADA director general David Howman told Xinhua, who was here for the second Asian inter-governmental anti-doping conference.

    THG, or tetrahydrogestrinone, surfaced in 2003 after the substance was sent anonymously in a syringe to American anti-doping athletes.

    A test was developed secretly, trapping several top athletes and triggering an international doping scandal.

    Several leading athletes including double world sprint champion Kelly White of the United States and Britain's European 100 meters champion Dwain Chambers, were banned after THG was discovered.

    The WADA announced in February the discovery of DMT (desoxy-methyl-testosterone) following an anonymous tip-off passed through email. Scientists said that DMT was aimed to artificially boost strength and stamina.

    It was tipped off that the DMT was among the substances seized by Canadian customs at the Canada-US border last year.

    Though designer drugs appeared to keep coming up, Howman was not fussed, saying that pre-emptive efforts are being taken.
    "We are catching it earlier. We are catching it before it goes into the market," he said.

    http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...nt_2861030.htm
    Are they talking about Melting Point?
  13. CDB
    CDB is offline
    Registered User
    CDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,543
    Rep Power
    2674

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by D_town
    CDB, I remeber that chick in your avatar from Maxim, she's an Eagle Cheerleader and sooo ****ing sexy.
    Yup. She is a serious piece of ass. All I had to do was paint out the Maxim logo and I had the perfect avatar.
  14. Registered User
    not_big_enuf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,102
    Rep Power
    668

    Reputation

    Sigh... here I am looking for valuable information at work and BAM, there's this hot ass babe.. i just can't concentrate. no respect for us by posting these chick for avatar's...

    KEEP IT UP!

    ps... man, it's tough at work browsing the forums with hot chick... "hey, what are you looking at" uh.... uh...

    LOL.. BUT KEEP IT UP!

    Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    Yup. She is a serious piece of ass. All I had to do was paint out the Maxim logo and I had the perfect avatar.
  15. Registered User
    Mach .78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Rep Power
    729

    Reputation

    Interesting article. Nice girl in the avatar. Love the buddhist symbol but......it will be karmatically questioned again here by others. Who knows maybe someone will ask you the meaning of different koans to test your rather high level of buddha in that avatar. Many symbols my friend, many symbols.
  16. Banned
    Mattris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    WADA is fighting an uphill battle, there are so many structural combinations possible for enhancing performance, the underground labs will always be months ahead of them. They cant even do anything to develope a new test until someone messes up and lets one of their associates get a hold of the new designer drug. You cant stop evolution, you can only slow it down. The only thing their accomplishing is assuring that users will consider lack of detectability a more important attribute than safety or efficiency when choosing wich performance enhancing drug to use. Once gene doping catches on what exactly do they think their going to be able to do? The whole puritanical luddite point of view that theyve got people buying into like rats following the pied piper, is in defiance of the spirit of evolution. .............Sorry to change the subject.
  17. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9661

    Reputation

    SD perhaps? Even though it's already on the market....
  18. Banned
    Mattris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    SD perhaps? Even though it's already on the market....

    Crap, I hope not
  19. Advanced Member
    Boss_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    654
    Rep Power
    458

    Reputation

    doubtful anything they are using as professionals will ever reach our circles....i'm sure everythings kept real hush-hush and with all these investigations the price for undectable hormones will just keep going up. the labs know who their clients are and dont go elsewhere...so it's highly doubtful its superdrol OR melting point.
  20. New Member
    AgnosticFront's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    152

    Reputation

    I think that guy’s avatar is cool. Who cares if it raises controversy! I would have it just for that reason. Theres nothing wrong with making waves and challenging people’s views! Thats great... as long as intentions are good... let them get all flustered about it!! haha
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 07:36 PM
  2. checking in on you fools
    By glenihan in forum General Chat
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 07-09-2006, 09:41 PM
  3. A few q's on the Designers around
    By freakboy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-09-2006, 04:15 PM
  4. Sam, I hope NP gets in on the 1st batch!
    By BKneller in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-15-2006, 01:35 PM
  5. BSL Flavors in on TrueProtein
    By Sanosuke in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-12-2004, 07:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in