girls are abusing steroids too.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7633384/

Seems to me a very poor article. Im trying to figure out how 7th grade girls are getting steroids. Im guessing someone probably gave them ephedra/ephedrine and told them it was a steroid. Seriously I doubt these girls have hookups for steroids.

punta

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I read about this to, its absolutly rediculous in my opinion what 9 year old girl is going pin herself in the leg? That just doesnt seem logical to me.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
:rant: I'm speechless. A 9 year old girl taking steroids. I hope this is bullshit.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
see if they would have not banned AAS and made it script only.. it would have been easier to control...
AND I don't believe that article as far as I can throw the lard ass reporter that wrote the thing...

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Complete bullshit.. Next!!

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Are you guys reading the same article. Its says "as young as 9" not 7. And the graph shows 12 graders.

Why can't girls get their hands on illicit steroids if the boys can? I'm sure NIDA, Chuck Yesalis and Lloyd Johnston, (University of Michigan professor) know what is a steroidsversus ephedrine.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Not saying girls can't get 'em, but you really think 9yr olds are using? Refer to my first statement..

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
experts are (almost by definition) for hire, but this is hysterical (in more ways than one)!

Anyone else notice the pregnenolone ad at the bottom of that article?
:rofl:

spitboy

Throbbing Member
Awards
  • Established
I'm sure the researchers have seen a few high school girls who take steroids.

The 9 year old thing.. what a joke. The key line is "girls admit to taking steroids" -- didn't anyone else take those surveys in high school? 9 year old girls are NOT taking anabolic steroids even if a few of them somewhere think that they did or want to pretend they have.. nothing but sensationalistic journalism.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Guess the next generation of women will look like China. JK

Roids is the hot media topic and reporters are writing complete bullshit just because they know that people will read it.

IRserge

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
We used to take those in highschool at least once a year, no one bothers to read the questions after the first 20 or so, so everyone just fills in whatever dot they feel like without reading the question, these surveys are a complete joke.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Are you guys reading the same article. Its says "as young as 9" not 7. And the graph shows 12 graders.

Why can't girls get their hands on illicit steroids if the boys can? I'm sure NIDA, Chuck Yesalis and Lloyd Johnston, (University of Michigan professor) know what is a steroidsversus ephedrine.
I said 7th grade, not 7years old. Plus I highly doubt many if any middle school guys are getting steroids, like was mentioned above, they may think they are, but I highly doubt they are. Second of all, how many middle school girls or guys do you know that is willing to stick needles in themselves. Im not the most knowledgable on steroids yet, but the ones that have great fatloss (like tren) seem to be injectable. Im not sure how well winny works for cutting alone.

foo.c

Board Supporter
Awards
Middle school has sure changed ...

Wonder what they're using? Anavar seems kinda pricey on a 7th graders allowance. ;)

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
prolly using t3 or clen or even eca as someone has posted, at a low dose and its working. they are told its "steroids" and they believe it....how dumb.

size

Awards
  • Established
I literally laughed when I read this. Anyone who believes this article to be factual is confused. Does anyone actually believe that 9yr old girls can find, purchase, and use AAS? Many adults, who are in search of AAS, have trouble obtaining them.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
What a load of crap. Ive heard of teenage girls abusing clenbuterol, but anabolics? Come on! The kid in spitboy's avatar, maybe you have a case there:D

SilentScream27

Awards
I knew one girl who used steroids in high school. She was in 10th grade, and was a gigantic fat butch lesbian.

That is all.

ChemicalD

Have you seen my stapler???
Awards
That 9 year-old got the hookup!

Seriously, this kind of media exposure is a prelude to the end of the world as we know it...

Yagman

Yagman

Board Supporter
Awards
Actually, the article seems to blame prohormones. They are claiming these kids are taking the same things the baseball players are taking. I would not be surprised at all if some 9 year old may have taken 1ad etc. I don't think this was a systemic problem and the parents of these kids are absent.

punta

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You can barely get 9 year olds to take a multi-vitamin.....

Yagman

Yagman

Board Supporter
Awards
You can barely get 9 year olds to take a multi-vitamin.....
Trust me, when I was public defender, we saw 5 and 6 year olds using much worse things than multi vitamins.

Redeemer

Awards
Just the fact that there is an article like this, and that 95% of readers will take it to be gospel, is bad news. Very bad indeed.

Eric

Awards
There was an article in my newspaper about the same thing. And like all of you, I thought it was bullshit and had a hard time believing it. Damn the media, they never stop pissing me off.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I literally laughed when I read this. Anyone who believes this article to be factual is confused. Does anyone actually believe that 9yr old girls can find, purchase, and use AAS? Many adults, who are in search of AAS, have trouble obtaining them.
True, but if I needed drugs, and from what I remember when I was young, the first place I'd go is a high school. After that, a Phish concert, depending on what drugs I was looking for.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Trust me, when I was public defender, we saw 5 and 6 year olds using much worse things than multi vitamins.
Usually due to bad parenting.. Like the old commercial with the kid whos dad finds his stash, " I learned it by watching you!" ;)

bencozzy

Awards
well this is what happens when young girls date dealers. also when sports in high school are made so competive.

but as a personal experience i got my first cycle from a 10th grade girl, her boyfriend used and she stole his stuff and sold it!(really cheap to because she didnt know how much to charge)

nestle1

nestle1

Awards
Media just looking for attention. That's all it is. They know people will eat it up.

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
There was a thread on this article at MMA.tv also. Most people there seem to think it's BS too. This particular post killed me:

I went to my local drugstore today to pick up some asprin and a bottle of shampoo when I see this "little" girl. She could'nt have been more than ten years old, wearing white high-top o-tomix shoes, balloon pants and a ragtop muscle shirt. I'm pretty sure she had just come from the gym because she still had her lifting belt on. She was only about 4'6 but a solid 230lbs of muscle. She walks over to the pharmacist, who is an older man, and said "hey grandpa, I need some fucking darts!!" The pharmacist looking shocked said "Excuse me?" The little girl started to turn red, you could tell she was getting pissed! The little girl now shouting at the old man was like " listen motherfucker I need some needles, inch and a half 22 gauge needles now!! Say another word and I'll come across this counter and pull your head off like a fucking Barbie doll!!