To all steroids haters...

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

This should be a sticky!!! I saw this dude in Muscular Development a few years back when they profiled him!

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
Some nice Clapp quotes:

"Nearly everything the public has been told about anabolic steroids is a lie."

"If they pull their heads out of the ground and look, they'll find us."

And my favourite one:
"People should be free to make decisions about their bodies."

ok one more ;)
"The only reason anabolic steroids are illegal, and banned from sports, is because they work."

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
this kinda bullshit though, there are some risks to aas use....especially when not used properly

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
here is a quote from that article:
"Science has since learned, he says, that anabolic steroid use during male puberty can give the male body a size, speed and power boost that won't disappear once the drug is no longer taken."

Where is the evidence/proof around this? I don't want to promote steroid use for people under 21 as I am also under 21, but this kind of shocked me a little and I would like to know more.

"Body Sovereignty" is an awesome term and something that I definitely believe in. If a person wants a big mac, have a big mac! i'm not getting fat from it, you are!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yes BUT the article simply tells it like it is which I like.

AAS use, in moderation and when used properly is the focus of what Clapp is talking about..and he's basically right.

There is no scientific proof that backs up the level of villification that AAS recieves. Every story of AAS related health problems that the public recieves comes from some Johnny Juicehead who abused it very badly and probably died from cocaine anyway.

Clapp and Yesalis obviously have some history and a little ego war going on but Yesalis is at least honest and tells it like it is.

I for one, simply want to see the truth to be told...maybe then we won't be throwing 60 year old granpas in federal prison for selling a hormone.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
"Science has since learned, he says, that anabolic steroid use during male puberty can give the male body a size, speed and power boost that won't disappear once the drug is no longer taken."

Where is the evidence/proof around this? I don't want to promote steroid use for people under 21 as I am also under 21, but this kind of shocked me a little and I would like to know more.

"Body Sovereignty" is an awesome term and something that I definitely believe in. If a person wants a big mac, have a big mac! i'm not getting fat from it, you are!
Not sure, but i've read some studies of safe usage of oxandrolone in teens. I wouldnt use anything else to anyone under 21.

"Body Sovereignty": I love this concept too, but it seems that the governments (not only the US) is moving in the exact opposite direction and that sucks so much...

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I was a little turned off by the fact that he's an anarchist, which to me, strengthens the argument that he's probably a fluke. He is probably one of those "99 year old smokers" who will never get cancer.

There was no talk about what he thought safe usage was, yet he promoted usage by teenagers.

He has some good points though. I'm glad he's out there supporting 'safe' usage, whatever that means. Safe usage is definetly individual, which makes it hard to define.

To me, this is more evidence to support what I already believe: If you are genetically prone to it, AAS will exagerate it. If not, than there is little to no risk.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

That part of his interview was crap which weakens his overall message. Of course a minor would gain mass and keep it with steroids but you need to train for speed and steroids will stunt growth. Glossing over the dangers for undeveloped minors is plain irresponsible.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
the media will take the word of a teenager on why steroids ruined his life - rather than a 40year experienced juicer. irony

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
because the problem with that statement is, that if one of my stupid friends who are under 21 heard that they would start popping d-bol like candy thinking it would help them as they got older.
(ie my friend who is a college pitcher and is 165lbs/ectomorph/been working out for 4 months/doesn't have a proper diet/doesn't know anything about PCT/doesn't even take a multivitamin)

3v1l

3v1l

Awards
I live in phoenix and actually I work out at the same gym as him.. I had no idea until I pulled up the news story and saw his picture. I've seen him training people and this guy is f'kin huge. Really cool to see this article about him though.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
"I have patients who have smoked all their lives, too, and they don't have cancer or emphysema," Goldberg says. "I have other patients who smoked all their lives and gotten emphysema and cancer, and they're dead. Maybe he (Clapp) has been on it for a long time with no problems. That would not make me think, 'Oh, these things are safe.' "
This isn't a fair comparison, by this so-called medical professional. Cigarettes are carcinogens and are basically poison sticks.

Most steroids' are neither. Of course there are a few with horrible effects on lipid and liver profiles, but there are many that do not create that problem.

I just think there is no fair comparison that can be drawn between cigarettes and most types of steroids--especially testosterone.

metabog

Awards
Clapp is right on about a lot of things. (Not sure about the teen usage) I've seen AIDs patients who looked like walking skeletons brought back and looking superior to hiv neg guys. Aging is a form of wasting similiar in some respects to AIDs wasting and this guy is hip to how to handle that with anabolics, just like it's handled for AIDs patients. Hormones that our own bodies produce are illegal controlled substances. That is way out and that is America today. Put congress and the media on a feeding tube. Maybe their brains will respond given time.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Clapp is right on about a lot of things. (Not sure about the teen usage) I've seen AIDs patients who looked like walking skeletons brought back and looking superior to hiv neg guys. Aging is a form of wasting similiar in some respects to AIDs wasting and this guy is hip to how to handle that with anabolics, just like it's handled for AIDs patients. Hormones that our own bodies produce are illegal controlled substances. That is way out and that is America today. Put congress and the media on a feeding tube. Maybe their brains will respond given time.
Metabog, Don't take this personally, but that avatar disturbs me. I Can't figure out why. Every time i see it it gives me the creeps. :run:

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

LOL, I posted the same response in another thread about orals.....It's cool but there IS something about it!

metabog

Awards
I do take it personally!...Lean, that avatar is me dammit! Boooo!

LOL! Seriously he's a digitally created muscle man. I make characters in 3d software.
It is wierd because he looks real but unreal...or something like that.
MaNiak looks like you swapped out your freaky morped avatar for a new look!
I'll put some of these digital freaky muscle characters in the pictures section and freak everybody out.

Fastflight

Fastflight

Awards
  • Established
The best thing he said was,in this world the pros and cons of takin´ steroids together with the autonomie over your body shouldn´t be any issue to anyone.

that´s my opinion to all drugs.The addicted are sick ones and can´t hardly be cured,so why not provide them healthy working drugs and keep them away form more harmful deseases,kep rthem away from being criminals with no job no quality of life,keep them
away of being the cause of the spread of the most deadly deseases mankind ever had.

if one smokes that´s OK if one drives a car that´s Ok butr all this does cause death pollution,humulations ,but we have to live with it and I don´t believe that steroids are making anything worth than it already is,the discussion is a sign of a mislead society loosing their humanity and gettin weird by all the media and pseuodo.science-**** of some psychotic world-is-gona-end-preachers of every religion and conservative alk-dependent-impotent politicians with little dicks and no sex-life.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Didn't Ex-Banana-eater (I think it was EBE) do a whole bunch of posts regarding steroids and adolescents. I cannot remember them exactly, someone might want to do a search. However, if Im not mistaken he made a pretty compelling argument...something along the lines of estrogen closing growth plates and not anabolics (??).
With that said, I still agree with everyone else that giving anyone under 21 is much too risky. But Clapp's comments that it was "bad science" that convinced him NOT to give his sons androgens might coincide with EBE's writing.

And just because he labels himself an "anarchist" doesnt mean he is some crackpot. The guy was a retired high school teacher and coach. Most school systems won't just hire anybody to teach courses.

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT
Awards
  • Established
"You know, if my son came home and said, Dad, I'm either going to start smoking or I'm going to get on steroids,' I'd have to say I would hope he would choose steroids," he says.
That's classic !