Sanchez and Paradeca

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
Another evil-doer caught! I love the description of paradeca too.

------------------------------

Source: Sanchez drugs legal at intake

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/baseball/11341263.htm

[size=-1]BY KEVIN BAXTER[/size]

[size=-1][email protected][/size]

Tampa Bay outfielder Alex Sanchez's positive drug test was triggered by Paradeca, a prohormone once contained in several over-the-counter supplements popular with bodybuilders, The Herald has learned.

Neither Sanchez nor Juan Iglesias, his Coral Gables-based agent, would comment on the information Thursday, citing baseball's new drug-testing protocol. Under those guidelines, which went into effect this winter, the substance a player tests positive for remains secret.

But a source close to the former Miami Dade College player said Sanchez, who has hit four home runs in four big-league seasons, used Paradeca as part of his offseason training. Several supplements in the same class as Paradeca were added to Major League Baseball's banned list in January after, the source said, Sanchez began using the drug legally.

Sanchez, who was tested early last month, was told Sunday the test came back positive and he was suspended for 10 days. Sanchez is the first big-leaguer to be suspended under baseball's new drug policy and the first to have a failed drug test revealed. Iglesias originally planned to fight the suspension but released a statement from Sanchez on Thursday in which the Cuban defector said he would drop his appeal.

''I used an over-the-counter supplement that I purchased before the law banning certain substances changed,'' Sanchez said. ``If I am guilty, I am guilty of not taking the initiative to learn more about the contents of what I was taking.''

Sanchez will be eligible to rejoin the Devil Rays on Thursday.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Several supplements in the same class as Paradeca were added to Major League Baseball's banned list in January after, the source said, Sanchez began using the drug legally.

''I used an over-the-counter supplement that I purchased before the law banning certain substances changed,'' Sanchez said. ``If I am guilty, I am guilty of not taking the initiative to learn more about the contents of what I was taking.''

Sanchez will be eligible to rejoin the Devil Rays on Thursday.
I previously posted in other thread:
Me thinks that he took OTC steroids without knowing what he was taking. There are (100's of) thousands who have purchased and consumed legal steroids via their local retailer without knowing exactly what they are taking. The boards are full of hundreds of 'knowledgeable' individuals who don't know a carb source from a protein source and a steroid from creatine. I believe that if/when he produces the supplements that he was consuming it will contain a previously legal 'designer' steroid. JMHO.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
Sorry. Mods- Please delete this thread. Thx

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
How would 'para' deca help a base stealer..? I dont see the point.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Whitesnake General Chat 9
bla55 MMA 50
Jessep76 MMA 60
TheMouth MMA 19
MMA 27