Power Of Placebo!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I always believed in the power of the mind, "Mind Over Matter" and things of this nature. Read this article and then think about your attitude towards certain suppliments before you begin to take them. If you already believe that they will "work" then half your job is done. A lot of people seem to think of the placebo effect as a bad thing. I think differently. Maybe after you read this article you will too!

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/ethics/2005-04-07-placebo-effective_x.htm?csp=N007&RM_Exclude=Juno

Mike Ryan

Banned
Awards
Interesting article. The power of the mind far exceeds any medication or supplements sometimes. I think if you are taking supplements and you know their true purpose, visualization of the effects desired will benefit you greatly for the intended outcome. I go to the gym thinking of the movie Gladiator. I try to put myself into a type of survival mindset, a do or die type situation. I see people chatting around me, joking with each other. I talk when approached, other than that, it's me and the lion. If you visualize yourself growing when you workout, you will.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Someone needs to make a placebo to make me into ronnie.