The 2012 bug is catching on!

mike103

mike103

Awards
thats a little ridiculous what a waste of money ......

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
if you actually read the actual Mayan prophesy it states that the human race will undego evolution, and life AS WE KNOW IT will end, not that the world is destroyed

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I also believe that based on the dresden codex it does predict a catastrophe just not a "world ender" so to speak

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
Mutation from radioactive fallout should easily be able to count as evolution right?

America just busted 10 Russian spy's yesterday.
America just pushed hard words on North Korea for the sinking of South Korea's ship
Still nothing is being done about Iran's Nuclear development, except, words by the UN in promising repercussions if they don't stop

Seems Cold War #2 /World Ward 3 is getting closer an closer...
I am waiting to see on the news what Russia is going to say about our capturing of their 10 deep cover spys.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Mutation from radioactive fallout should easily be able to count as evolution right?

America just busted 10 Russian spy's yesterday.
America just pushed hard words on North Korea for the sinking of South Korea's ship
Still nothing is being done about Iran's Nuclear development, except, words by the UN in promising repercussions if they don't stop

Seems Cold War #2 /World Ward 3 is getting closer an closer...
I am waiting to see on the news what Russia is going to say about our capturing of their 10 deep cover spys.
Knew the KGB were still out there lol..

Broly

Awards
  • Established
All of these things make me laugh.
Think a little further and we'll see that are witnissing something worse than a war right now! The global economical state, is getting worse every day that passes by so, lets say, within a few more years our (occidental) economy would be in such a deplorable state that we might not even aford for weapons to make a physical war. We are already dealing with an economical one, so lets hold on to our seats as this come trough us.
Plus, in ancient scripts when they mention "the end of the world" they meant it metaphoracly, so it could be the end of the previous life-style, ethical values, economical/political structures, more than a mass extinction as it happened 65milion years ago with our dino friends :)

sluggy

sluggy

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well I guess we all better start getting jacked now so the libido comes back before 2012..

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
It's the same as the 2000 scare, much ado about nothing

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I think the only catastrophe will be the War of Gog and Magog predicted in the book of Ezekial. Russia and Iran will attack Israel. God will destroy the attackers in such a way that people will know there is only one true God. And that will start the final "chapter" so to speak for the return of Christ.

So yeah, life as we know it will change.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think the only catastrophe will be the War of Gog and Magog predicted in the book of Ezekial. Russia and Iran will attack Israel. God will destroy the attackers in such a way that people will know there is only one true God. And that will start the final "chapter" so to speak for the return of Christ.

oh is that all?

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Its in a book you should check out. The number one best seller of all time.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
not sure it is the least biased source, or means what you think
A book on cars is biased, its gona be about cars. A book on airplanes is biased, it will be about airplanes. A book about the history of man and our creator is gona be about our history and our creator. Ya think?

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A book on cars is biased, its gona be about cars. A book on airplanes is biased, it will be about airplanes. A book about the history of man and our creator is gona be about our history and our creator. Ya think?
this is true

And if you look at the messianic prophecies (the prophacies made about Christ like 800 years before He came) well- they all came true not only do the scriptures say so (which is enough) BUT HISTORY also records that Christ walked the earth

He said He would change the world

That Father would Be pitted agains son

that his messege would go out to the corners of the earth

It has all happend

None of this will make you believe though

Only you must make that search

I have made it and I am at peace with The Lord

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
this is true

And if you look at the messianic prophecies (the prophacies made about Christ like 800 years before He came) well- they all came true not only do the scriptures say so (which is enough) BUT HISTORY also records that Christ walked the earth

He said He would change the world

That Father would Be pitted agains son

that his messege would go out to the corners of the earth

It has all happend

None of this will make you believe though

Only you must make that search

I have made it and I am at peace with The Lord
The word says that all nations will come against Israel and. that Gog and Magog will attack. That is Iran and Russia. Iran has made it clear they will attack. And when they do they will be defeated by God. He will do so in such a way that the doubters and unbelievers will know that only God in Heaven could have done it. I hope the Rapture doesn't happen before it because I can't wait to see it.

mDeezy

mDeezy

Awards
  • Established
The word says that all nations will come against Israel and. that Gog and Magog will attack. That is Iran and Russia. Iran has made it clear they will attack. And when they do they will be defeated by God. He will do so in such a way that the doubters and unbelievers will know that only God in Heaven could have done it. I hope the Rapture doesn't happen before it because I can't wait to see it.
Yeah I can't wait either

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established

Russia and Iran? I don't think we can say yet what world powers are going to be involved. We can speculate though. One things for sure, The devil will gather his forces against God's people and then this will happen.

Ezekial 38: 18" And it shall come to pass in that day, when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord Jehovah, that my wrath shall come up into my nostrils. 19 For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel;
20 so that the fishes of the sea, and the birds of the heavens, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground. "

23 "And I will magnify myself, and sanctify myself, and I will make myself known in the eyes of many nations; and they shall know that I am Jehovah." - ASV

Anxiously awaiting these days!

mDeezy

mDeezy

Awards
  • Established
Wait- when these things don't happen, how are you guys going to feel? i.e. will it make you feel stupid for believing it in the first place? I'm not asking to insult; simply curious.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
To answer that question one would have to have little to no faith and believe there's a possibility it won't happen. To a true believer it's going to happen. To the contrary it's impossible to believe the things written if you do not have faith.

"And without faith it is impossible to be well-pleasing unto him; for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that seek after him." Heb 11:6

One thing to note though that a true believer isn't concerned about being right as to his own gain or advantage but rather the vindication of God's name. Jesus christ never once did his own will but only his fathers. Non believers are more concerned with anything that involves "self".

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Russia and Iran? I don't think we can say yet what world powers are going to be involved. We can speculate though. One things for sure, The devil will gather his forces against God's people and then this will happen.

Ezekial 38: 18" And it shall come to pass in that day, when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord Jehovah, that my wrath shall come up into my nostrils. 19 For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel;
20 so that the fishes of the sea, and the birds of the heavens, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground. "

23 "And I will magnify myself, and sanctify myself, and I will make myself known in the eyes of many nations; and they shall know that I am Jehovah." - ASV

Anxiously awaiting these days!
Check out a book called Epicenter by Joel Rosenberg. He and others have done research and show that Gog and Magog as referenced are where present day Iran and Russia are. He goes into great detail about the recent history of Israel and how they tie into the Ezekial prophecy. Its very eye opening.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Wait- when these things don't happen, how are you guys going to feel? i.e. will it make you feel stupid for believing it in the first place? I'm not asking to insult; simply curious.

Well the events in the Bible have been proven true. The prophecies foretelling the coming of Jesus have been proven. So there is no doubt other prophecies in the Bible are going to happen in specific events. Can you argue that Iran wants to erase Israel off the face of the Earth? Can you argue the fact that Russia is and has been selling nuclear technology to Iran? Turkey has just turned against Israel after a 20 year alliance. The writing is on the wall.

So no, we won't feel stupid because its going to happen. Just don't miss your chance to accept Jesus as savior. No matter what people may have told you, Hell is a very real place and you don't want to be there. Just be open minded and open hearted to let Jesus into your life. If you ask him to he will prove himself to you. If you are sincere.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Check out a book called Epicenter by Joel Rosenberg. He and others have done research and show that Gog and Magog as referenced are where present day Iran and Russia are. He goes into great detail about the recent history of Israel and how they tie into the Ezekial prophecy. Its very eye opening.
I'm sorry I won't read anything that anyone profits from. When Jesus preached it was all free. he never asked for money for the information. This guy Joel would be acting as a prophet if he identified specific nations as if he can fortell the future. That can even lie along the lines of spiritism. I mean we don't know him personally. God's word is Free and It holds all the information we need. Time will tell how things pan out. I think it's very important that we don't fall into traps and read things that don't originate from god's word. Jesus warned us of this! Look specifically at Verses 24,25

Matthew 24:3 "And as he sat on the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man lead you astray. 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am the Christ; and shall lead many astray."

24:11" And many false prophets shall arise, and shall lead many astray"

24:24 "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. 24:25 Behold, I have told you beforehand."

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A book written by flawed men, with more borrowed information than I can shake a stick at. Ya think?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well the events in the Bible have been proven true. The prophecies foretelling the coming of Jesus have been proven. So there is no doubt other prophecies in the Bible are going to happen in specific events. Can you argue that Iran wants to erase Israel off the face of the Earth? Can you argue the fact that Russia is and has been selling nuclear technology to Iran? Turkey has just turned against Israel after a 20 year alliance. The writing is on the wall.

So no, we won't feel stupid because its going to happen. Just don't miss your chance to accept Jesus as savior. No matter what people may have told you, Hell is a very real place and you don't want to be there. Just be open minded and open hearted to let Jesus into your life. If you ask him to he will prove himself to you. If you are sincere.
proven? by what means?

think logically for a second. Jesus (Yeshua) was a student/teacher of the OT. He would have legitimately known of the prophecy. Therefore it makes it quite easy to say that the prophecies fit.

Sorry....nothing is proven

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I'm sorry I won't read anything that anyone profits from. When Jesus preached it was all free. he never asked for money for the information. This guy Joel would be acting as a prophet if he identified specific nations as if he can fortell the future. That can even lie along the lines of spiritism. I mean we don't know him personally. God's word is Free and It holds all the information we need. Time will tell how things pan out. I think it's very important that we don't fall into traps and read things that don't originate from god's word. Jesus warned us of this! Look specifically at Verses 24,25

Matthew 24:3 "And as he sat on the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man lead you astray. 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am the Christ; and shall lead many astray."

24:11" And many false prophets shall arise, and shall lead many astray"

24:24 "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. 24:25 Behold, I have told you beforehand."
So you are saying you've never read anything other than the Bible? I think you missed my point completely. Rosenberg goes into great detail explaining the scripture and correlates the history of the new Israel. He isn't any sort of prophet. I think you are selling yourself short if you don't read any studies or concordances or any other reference material.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
proven? by what means?

think logically for a second. Jesus (Yeshua) was a student/teacher of the OT. He would have legitimately known of the prophecy. Therefore it makes it quite easy to say that the prophecies fit.

Sorry....nothing is proven
That would make since if the OT wasn't written foretelling the arrival if Jesus SO many years before Jesus was born to the virgin Mary.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That would make since if the OT wasn't written foretelling the arrival if Jesus SO many years before Jesus was born to the virgin Mary.
By name? Not so.

Also you do know that the virgin story is much older than Mary and Jesus right?

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
So you are saying you've never read anything other than the Bible? I think you missed my point completely. Rosenberg goes into great detail explaining the scripture and correlates the history of the new Israel. He isn't any sort of prophet. I think you are selling yourself short if you don't read any studies or concordances or any other reference material.
No I definetly have but I get a bad taste in my mouth if I have to get information from which I have to purchase at a store or online. For me that tells me someone is concerned with one thing $$$. If God wanted the information out he would get it out and it wouldn't cost a thing to those wanting it. Many people are doing things in the name of christ and God for $ and it's not right. I won't be part of it.

Matthew 7:22 "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out demons, and by thy name do many mighty works? 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Be careful bro..

Proverbs 14:15 "The simple believeth every word;
But the prudent man looketh well to his going."

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
youngandfree , Flaw, your spot on.

As for Iran and Russia, I dont know. That would suck because I love Russia :D I respect them more than Americans lol. They can be a brutal and effective people.

As for non-believers and those who attack the faith, they are those seeds strangled by thorns are swooped up by the birds. Sadly this had to come to pass.

As for false prophets, look at what muhammad did. Took swaths of the unreached world and corrupted them, and now the Lords servants are working fervently to break those chains and free as many as they can as the last days are fast approaching.

I am wondering what will be the form the spirit of the anti-christ inherits during his final attacks on the loyalty of Gods children.

As for the Rapture, I duno where I want it to be in the timeline, but out of being human I would like it to wait until I have me a wifey and a couple kids lol.

SamuraiSid

Awards
if you actually read the actual Mayan prophesy it states that the human race will undego evolution, and life AS WE KNOW IT will end, not that the world is destroyed
Not that I put any faith in the idea of doomsday, I have always taken "The End" as a sign that something major will happen... Maybe thats the year will get cold fusion, or some such.
Ive read many articles on filipino mythology and a lot of them state that religion and mythology was how they rationalized science before science existed.

Just my two cents.

But a question I raise to the people of faith: What will you believe if nothing happens?

I am agnostic, but slowly turning athiest... kind of a sad life, but my beliefs....

If something should occur like the rapture, or something else of religious proportions I can say that I will convert... But until then I will believe in the sun, for I can see the sun, and feel its presence.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
But a question I raise to the people of faith: What will you believe if nothing happens?

I am agnostic, but slowly turning athiest... kind of a sad life, but my beliefs....

If something should occur like the rapture, or something else of religious proportions I can say that I will convert... But until then I will believe in the sun, for I can see the sun, and feel its presence.
If nothing happens? 2012 is nothing....End times could be 200 years away, so.....Could be 2012, maybe wont be, not our time to tell. We will not know.

As for if the after rapture occurs, well that my friend will be showing up to the game after its over and the scores are up. lol

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
My question is to the unbelievers. You say you can't put faith in the Bible but you give credence to ancient Mayan prophecies. How is that any more justifiable?
Especially if you apply the rationale used for not believing the Bible.

SemiBulimic

SemiBulimic

Awards
  • Established
My question is to the unbelievers. You say you can't put faith in the Bible but you give credence to ancient Mayan prophecies. How is that any more justifiable?
Especially if you apply the rationale used for not believing the Bible.
not all 'unbelievers' think the mayan prophecy is true. You are an 'unbeliever' too my friend in that you don't believe in evolution or science.

My personal belief is that the bible was written in order to reinforce the power a minority already had over the majority. I never fell for the brain-washing in school and I refuse to believe in the tooth fairy, santa, the easter bunny, the boogey man or a god. I believe in what i can see and feel, not what was written in a book that, among other things, says the earth is 6000 years old and that a woman was made from a man's rib. I admire some christian values but i do know that if the bible was released as a previously unheard work of fiction nowadays (which it is anyway), it wouldn't be taken quite so seriously to say the least. Religion has been and still is the root of so much evil and spilling of blood in the name of a 'god' in this world and it will continue to be.

You can flame me all you like for this but i have expressed an opinion just like anyone else

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
youngandfree , Flaw, your spot on.

As for Iran and Russia, I dont know. That would suck Ebecause I love Russia :D I respect them more than Americans lol. They can be a brutal and effective people.

As for non-believers and those who attack the faith, they are those seeds strangled by thorns are swooped up by the birds. Sadly this had to come to pass.

As for false prophets, look at what muhammad did. Took swaths of the unreached world and corrupted them, and now the Lords servants are working fervently to break those chains and free as many as they can as the last days are fast approaching.

I am wondering what will be the form the spirit of the anti-christ inherits during his final attacks on the loyalty of Gods children.

As for the Rapture, I duno where I want it to be in the timeline, but out of being human I would like it to wait until I have me a wifey and a couple kids lol.
I agree zero. I want a wife and kids also before all of the "revelations" start. It makes me nervous cause the way things are looking It doesn't look that way lol......... oh well.....

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I live everyday as if my doctor told me that I will die the next. Either we can free our minds and live, or imprison our own happiness by worrying about the inevitable - death.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Religion has been and still is the root of so much evil and spilling of blood in the name of a 'god' in this world and it will continue to be.
Undoutably. I completely agree. When you look at the stories in the bible though from the beginning, God has brought judgment on people or nations who have separated themselves from true worship. Religion in itself was created by man. Many people have theories. Most of them involve relgion was created to control people in some way. I agree with that also. The true faith or the true way of life though is not a religion. It's the way God intended us to live. I believe just as he did all through out history he has a plan to get rid of all these religions and people practicing impure worship in his name. Then only true worship will remain. The book of revelation hints to this. Then unlike other times where people screw it up again and start worshiping false gods and idols and forming their own religions they won't be able to because at the battle of armageddon as brought out in the book of revelations this will be the final judgment day.

Ultimately I believe Man themselves is to blame for most of the issues.

I have to ask, Does dislike for religion itself turn you away from the bible? I could see how it would. But as I mentioned it brings out in the bible that God does not approve of these men using his name for things he didn't send his son (jesus) to teach. Jesus did not teach war, above all was love.

Matt 22 : 36-40 "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." - NIV

Micah 4:3 "and he will judge between many peoples, and will decide concerning strong nations afar off: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning-hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. " - ASV

^ God has a plan!

SemiBulimic

SemiBulimic

Awards
  • Established
Undoutably. I completely agree. When you look at the stories in the bible though from the beginning, God has brought judgment on people or nations who have separated themselves from true worship. Religion in itself was created by man. Many people have theories. Most of them involve relgion was created to control people in some way. I agree with that also. The true faith or the true way of life though is not a religion. It's the way God intended us to live. I believe just as he did all through out history he has a plan to get rid of all these religions and people practicing impure worship in his name. Then only true worship will remain. The book of revelation hints to this. Then unlike other times where people screw it up again and start worshiping false gods and idols and forming their own religions they won't be able to because at the battle of armageddon as brought out in the book of revelations this will be the final judgment day.

another problem i have - each faith proclaims to be the one true religion.

Ultimately I believe Man themselves is to blame for most of the issues.

I have to ask, Does dislike for religion itself turn you away from the bible? I could see how it would. But as I mentioned it brings out in the bible that God does not approve of these men using his name for things he didn't send his son (jesus) to teach. Jesus did not teach war, above all was love.

It is one reason yes, but it's mainly because I don't believe in anything that relies on heresay and i'm afraid there isn't one single piece of evidence of an existence of a god

Matt 22 : 36-40 "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." - NIV

Micah 4:3 "and he will judge between many peoples, and will decide concerning strong nations afar off: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning-hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. " - ASV

^ God has a plan!
This is something i hear when i've learnt about the likes of innocent children being struck down with disease and conditions such as leukemia, or a massive natural disaster occurs that kills thousands. That it all happens for a reason. For me that is utter rubbish as there is absolutely no argument whatsoever that such events could result in any positive outcome.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This is something i hear when i've learnt about the likes of innocent children being struck down with disease and conditions such as leukemia, or a massive natural disaster occurs that kills thousands. That it all happens for a reason. For me that is utter rubbish as there is absolutely no argument whatsoever that such events could result in any positive outcome.
Yeah, I wonder what the reason is for innocent children to be molested, raped, beaten? It does not add up. "Worship me and be saved, or turn away and I will destroy you!" What kind of loving God does that? Oh, the man made one.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
1. Each faith does proclaim to be of the true religion but Jesus taught exactly how a person is to worship god and he said this at Mathew 7:15-20

"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

He also said this at John 13:35

"By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Jesus taught that you can identify the true worshipers. In a sense separting the "sheep" from the "goats". You can also identify them by how well they imitate christ. Free of hypocrisy. I believe I have Identified the true faith but I'm not going to bring that up here.

2. Everything that has ever been made has come about from discovery. It has already existed. Man has made nothing from nothing. All things have existed already. So how did these things come about? Just as it takes a scientist to create artificial cells, or a contractor to build a house it took a being to made those things happen. Science itself cannot prove we all came from nothing cause science itself has come about from something.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You guys do realize that Jesus was one of many "Christ" figures of his time? In fact many others are written about with great frequency and had many traits similar to the Jesus of Christianity. Point being, religion of that time is a marbled mess and exceptionally unreliable as so many interwined.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I wonder what the reason is for innocent children to be molested, raped, beaten? It does not add up. "Worship me and be saved, or turn away and I will destroy you!" What kind of loving God does that? Oh, the man made one.
Well there is Satan who was sent to the Earth. He comes to kill, steal, and destroy. Bad things happen to good people because its Satan's goal to destroy all that is good.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well there is Satan who was sent to the Earth. He comes to kill, steal, and destroy. Bad things happen to good people because its Satan's goal to destroy all that is good.
not trying to be a pain, but......

who created the fallan angel known as satan?

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
AE14 The issue at hand that the devil brought up in the garden of eden was that if god has the right to rule. (Gen 3:1) That is, is he fit to know right and wrong for all of creation. ( Gen 3:4,5 ) The devil didn't question how mighty he was. God created everyone with free will. Including all the angels and the fallen angel satan. If god did not create this free will then no one could choose to serve him by his own choice but rather by how he is programmed. Like a robot would be or a computer. For God to prove that he is fit to all creation time had to go by. There are 2 reasons why we have pain and suffering. 1. man makes bad decisions and reaps the consequences. 2. The devil. (1 john 5:19) (rev 12:9) If god didn't allow this all to happen someone or something would always question god's authority as people even do today. When this is all over, people will know that man has failed at ruling themselves and god knows what is best for us because he created us and satan is a liar and wants nothing more but worship for himself when he cannot offer anything for anyone because he is not almighty, has bad intentions and did not create us.

The devil could be related to hitler. Tremendous leader and crafty in his words and actions. Many people were influenced by him and went along with him. Did his empire prove to be successful as to bring peace or happiness to the world? No, he was only after his own gain and what was the outcome for him? The same will happen for the devil.

The thing about the bible is there are documented dates from when it was written. All the way from genesis to revelation. You have hundreds of years in between and the bible flows from beginning to end. Every piece fits together. The cities, the empires have all proven to exist. There is no way that men alone could create a book like this with soo many years in between. It would be impossible. There exists no other book like it. Almighty intervention preserved it's message. That is why one can say that it's author is God even though it was written by imperfect men.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The thing about the bible is there are documented dates from when it was written. All the way from genesis to revelation. You have hundreds of years in between and the bible flows from beginning to end. Every piece fits together. The cities, the empires have all proven to exist. There is no way that men alone could create a book like this with soo many years in between. It would be impossible. There exists no other book like it. Almighty intervention preserved it's message. That is why one can say that it's author is God even though it was written by imperfect men.
I think you might be overestimating the amount of proof. However, the OT is a compiled work fo the words of man, much of which were taken from sources far older than the hebrews of the time. Additionally, there are many references to stories that are found in the modern version (as opposed to the original) of the NT which were also borrowed.

I am not saying that the borrowing is wrong, as it is quite logical. The writers of both books needed a way to unify the people (see Constantine in the 4th century) and these compilations assisted in reaching that goal.

In terms of the devil, his existence is an interesting one. When you look at ancient civilizations, the serpent is revered as the bringer of knowledge (which equates to the Lucifer name), however the judeo/christian world fears and despises the bringer of knowledge. Kinda interesting IMO