Sports betting stories

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
A couple years back when Bodog was big sh*t, me and two of my friends would bet on football every sunday. All gather at my boys house, grab some brews, cook on the grill and bet all day. They bet a lot more money than I did, but I still lost a few bones doing that LOL.

One time we had a 6 game parlay bet going. I bet $60 to win over $800 (probably chump change compared to the article LOL...but for your average joe $800 is a lot), my boy bet I think over $80 to win over $1,000. Low and behold...all of the first 5 games came through, the only game left was the Sunday night game, it was Jacksonville vs. Green Bay I think. As we're beginning to watch the game, my friend reads the bet sheet wrong and tells me we want Jacksonville to win when in reality we should have wanted GB. All game we are cheering for Jax to win, the game was incredibly close and I think it may have come down to a FG or something in the 4th qtr to decide it. Well Jacksonville wins in the waining moments and we both get up jumping and screaming and cheering LOL. I think there may have even been a hug involved. Well when we go back to check the bets and make sure our $$$ came through, we find out that not only did we lose, but we were rooting for the opposite of what we really wanted to happen entire time LOL.

Talk about a sobering, sh*tty night haha.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
I have an even worse story that doesn't involve betting. This is TRUE. It happened in college.

A friend of mine is big into day trading stocks and whatnot....at least he used to be. One day...about 5 years ago, he comes across these penny stocks for a mining company that had just bought a bunch of land in Brazil I think. At that point you could buy 1,000 for a penny. At that point none of us belonged to any of those security trading sites, and we needed $800 minumum to invest to be able to join. Well being in college there was no way in hell we were able to come up with $800. And we needed it that night b/c the stocks went on sale the next morning. After about a month of testing the soil for the optimum minerals and whatnot for solid potential of diamonds being there, they found that the soil was of high quality for diamond production. The shares went from 1/1000 of a penny to around .06 cents per share. That comes to roughly 4.8 million dollars per our $800. It kept going up for a good week or so to top out at around .17 cents per share, that comes to $13.6 million. If we had the starting $800 to invest we could both be multi-millionaires as I type this.

F*ck me....

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I won over $800 on NFL and $400 on college last season betting online net profit. I'm happy.

The Dooeug

The Dooeug

Banned
Awards
I have an even worse story that doesn't involve betting. This is TRUE. It happened in college.

A friend of mine is big into day trading stocks and whatnot....at least he used to be. One day...about 5 years ago, he comes across these penny stocks for a mining company that had just bought a bunch of land in Brazil I think. At that point you could buy 1,000 for a penny. At that point none of us belonged to any of those security trading sites, and we needed $800 minumum to invest to be able to join. Well being in college there was no way in hell we were able to come up with $800. And we needed it that night b/c the stocks went on sale the next morning. After about a month of testing the soil for the optimum minerals and whatnot for solid potential of diamonds being there, they found that the soil was of high quality for diamond production. The shares went from 1/1000 of a penny to around .06 cents per share. That comes to roughly 4.8 million dollars per our $800. It kept going up for a good week or so to top out at around .17 cents per share, that comes to $13.6 million. If we had the starting $800 to invest we could both be multi-millionaires as I type this.

F*ck me....
ouch
:sombrero: