I didn't do well, but I'm not white, so its ok!

1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.24%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I didn't do well, but I'm not white, so its ok!

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/06/us...s/06ricci.html

I just want thoughts on this.

"Near the end of a long and heated appeals court argument over whether New Haven was entitled to throw out a promotional exam because black firefighters had performed poorly on it, a lawyer for white firefighters challenging that decision made a point that bothered Judge Sonia Sotomayor. "

So because one ethnicity did bad, the others (a Hispanic included) have to suffer?

This is starting to happen all to often, and its going waay to far.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.55%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

When it comes to saving people from burning buildings, sticking to racial quotas is much more important than the task of saving lives and property...

I long for a day where race is no longer a factor for anyone regarding anything. Everybody's people.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.46%

I find it very hard to believe only the black firefighters did poorly on the test. I would be willing to bet that more than a few white firefighters did poorly on that test. They must feel really stupid too. Because the premise is that the test favors whites, and they failed it. The ruling would imply that they failed at being white - which doesn't make sense to me.

You don't hear about these white firefighters because they aren't part of the argument. In my mind, everyone who did poorly on that test technically has a right to challenge it. But by making it a racial issue, only the black firefighters can. Unless none of the whites did poorly, but that piece of information, which is extremely pertinent in my mind, appears absent.

Statistics probably plays a part in this too. If 20 whites took the test and 15 did well, and 3 blacks took the test and all 3 did poorly, it really doesn't say much. They may have had the same trouble with the test as the 5 white people who did poorly which would have nothing to do with race. If the sample size of black firefighters is low, then it weakens the argument that the test favors whites. The sampling information doesn't appear to be addressed either.

I am just speculating though. But I have a hard time believing that a test can be written that favors a specific person based on race or any other category. I would be interested if the media or the judges addressed the sample sizes, the issue of how many whites did poorly, and to address how the test is favorable to one group over another.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.24%

I doubt it favors any race. This is just the norm of things when it comes to race today.

Take a look at college, you get a damn grant for being everything but white. lol.... sadly, thats true...

A friend of the family, who is white, applied for government assistance, he didn't get it, went back again someone redid it and put down black as his race, got it. WTF
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

where's Sharpton and Jackson on this thing? you'd think they'd be all over it....
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.53%

Quote Originally Posted by Zero V View Post
    I doubt it favors any race. This is just the norm of things when it comes to race today.

Take a look at college, you get a damn grant for being everything but white. lol.... sadly, thats true...

A friend of the family, who is white, applied for government assistance, he didn't get it, went back again someone redid it and put down black as his race, got it. WTF
    a white male- the new minority lol
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.55%

Quote Originally Posted by Kristofer68SS View Post
    Actually a valid statement. The white male is becoming one of the most persecuted demographics in this country.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.45%

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    Actually a valid statement. The white male is becoming one of the most persecuted demographics in this country.
    I've actually been saying this for a few years.

Any type of Affirmative Action in careers such as Police, Fire or Medical response is foolish and unprudent. Why would anyone want to be saved, protected or medically administered to by anything but the most qualified person - regardless of race or gender?
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.24%

Quote Originally Posted by Kristofer68SS View Post
    Actually someone said in a few years, maybe by 2015 I think, Whites will be like 35% of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by Nole1 View Post
    I've actually been saying this for a few years.

Any type of Affirmative Action in careers such as Police, Fire or Medical response is foolish and unprudent. Why would anyone want to be saved, protected or medically administered to by anything but the most qualified person - regardless of race or gender?
    There are some highly talented african americans who are great in the fields of policing, medics, etc. But they do have a balance to meet. One thing that pisses me off is if a doctor walks in and he doesnt speak my language. lol!

Seriously, to require a company has to have so man of each colored male, and so many females is really a bad idea today. The government has become so focused on a single persons complaint, that they, in their incredible knowledge, just say "Lets screw everyone so this single person and minority group will be happy"

I do not know any racist businesses. Labr is labor, Good workers are good workers, and skills are skills.

So the biggest problem is Africans Americans call themselves AFRICAN Americans. SO wtf? your only half American? Stop calling yourself anything but American.

Equality is a lie today lol
  10. Future

I will agree that in a more liberal society white males can get a bad rap. We at times have a reverse racism that is not consistent. It goes to show that politicians are not the end all to be all in solving social problems.

My wife is native american and she has a hell of a hard time with society consistently pushing minorities to equal BLACK. She also is part of a truly disenfranchised culture that was absolutely abused, exploited and forgotten.
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.78%

Its as simple as the most Qualified should get the job regardless of Race,Sex,Religion, etc. Qualified= skilled,trained,good work ethics.
  12. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.89%

There's no such thing as race within my Unit, or anywhere within the SF, period. We all know that color simply means how much camouflage you will need to put on - that's it. And for those who do not get that, it's for face-rub.

The thing that drives me insane is racist people. I cannot stand them, and will destroy as many as I possibly can if it comes down to it.

By the way - this story pisses me off. Fair is fair, but not being promoted because of someone else failing is ludicrous.

When it comes to saving people from burning buildings, sticking to racial quotas is much more important than the task of saving lives and property...

I long for a day where race is no longer a factor for anyone regarding anything. Everybody's people.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.55%

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    There's no such thing as race within my Unit, or anywhere within the SF, period. We all know that color simply means how much camouflage you will need to put on - that's it. And for those who do not get that, it's for face-rub.

The thing that drives me insane is racist people. I cannot stand them, and will destroy as many as I possibly can if it comes down to it.

By the way - this story pisses me off. Fair is fair, but not be promoted because of someone else failing is ludicrous.
    I agree 100% {Fe}
    WHITE WHALE!
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.92%

Identity politics is anathema to common sense, personal competence and individual liberty. Look what a top notch job it did for Germany.
  15. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.89%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Lacradocious View Post
    In my mind, everyone who did poorly on that test technically has a right to challenge it
    why? we don't even know whether it was a written test or physical fitness, but in either case why does anyone have a right to challenge it? If the criteria to be promoted is a score of x or better on an exam, or dunning 200 yards carrying 200lbs in x time, then thats the what the department believes is needed. Why should some dumbass junior firefigther have the right to question it?
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  16. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.89%

It was a 3 part test: Written / Performance / Interview with the board.
    From my understanding, the ones that failed did so with the performance aspect, which technically, is the most important of the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    why? we don't even know whether it was a written test or physical fitness, but in either case why does anyone have a right to challenge it? If the criteria to be promoted is a score of x or better on an exam, or dunning 200 yards carrying 200lbs in x time, then thats the what the department believes is needed. Why should some dumbass junior firefigther have the right to question it?
  17. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.89%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

What makes this interesting is that it will hurt Sotomayer some in her hearings, and re-raise that whole question of why its ok to for her to say an old latina woman will give better answers as a judge than a white man, but if a white man said it he'd be dragged off in chains.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.89%

Ha ha, I couldnt agree more. Yeah.
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.92%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    What makes this interesting is that it will hurt Sotomayer some in her hearings, and re-raise that whole question of why its ok to for her to say an old latina woman will give better answers as a judge than a white man, but if a white man said it he'd be dragged off in chains.
    if im not mistaken she's been reversed 60 percent of the timewhen she wrote the majority opinion. additionally, this particular ruling she offered three or four sentences offering summary dismissal not even bothering to offer a legal explaination or basis. i think that should hurt her more then simply having a single decision overturned
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.56%

I wish I could agree with Zero V on not knowing any racist businesses but I live in christmas tree growing country and if you could see the ratio of Mexicans to ANY other ethnicity when it comes to who the companies hire , I think you would see my POV . I think it's because most of them are illegals who work for very cheap and a lot of the work is gruntwork that doesn't require much , if any English . God help an uneducated whiteboy around here in this economy .
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.24%

Quote Originally Posted by sonofsteven View Post
    I wish I could agree with Zero V on not knowing any racist businesses but I live in christmas tree growing country and if you could see the ratio of Mexicans to ANY other ethnicity when it comes to who the companies hire , I think you would see my POV . I think it's because most of them are illegals who work for very cheap and a lot of the work is gruntwork that doesn't require much , if any English . God help an uneducated whiteboy around here in this economy .
    I completely understand that and am against it. By racists businesses I mean white people who have an issue with any other color. Now I do know black owned businesses that don't hire white, Chinese who do the same, etc,etc.... equality huh.
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by buffb2 View Post
    Its as simple as the most Qualified should get the job regardless of Race,Sex,Religion, etc. Qualified= skilled,trained,good work ethics.
    I agree.

In other news, I've been intrigued by the number of non-white holidays or time periods labeled as such vs. white-only holidays. For example, there is black history month - nothing wrong with that. There's cinco de Mayo - a legitimate Mexican holiday but nothing major, here in the US it is mostly a beer and grill marketing campaign, but it is still fun to celebrate We also have the various holidays in December... I suppose those are more religious. There are some guys at work that celebrate something called Eed... I think... well, I forgot, but it is an Indian thing and they bring pastries to celebrate - quite tasty too.

Anyway, I asked a white friend of mine a few months ago "why isn't there a white history month? or a white-only celebration of sorts?" he thought and somewhat reluctantly said, "well, there's Thanksgiving"... he missed the point, and I still wonder why there is not a holiday that begins with "white". Don't get me wrong, the minute that happens there will be an uproar because it would be perceived as a white-supremist event, that's not what I'm suggesting, but it is very sad and disturbing that this country has a population that cannot dientify themselves like the rest of us without being flamed for perceived supremacy... ugh...

Off the box. If you pass you pass, if you fail keep studying and try again. No cheating

Similar Forum Threads

1. Controlled Labs White Flood and White Blood FINAL Review
    By luelinks in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-08-2010, 09:38 PM
  2. Controlled Labs White Flood and White Blood FINAL Review
    By luelinks in forum Controlled Labs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-31-2010, 11:59 PM
  3. Replies: 88
    Last Post: 10-29-2009, 05:48 PM
  4. Controlled Labs White Flood White Raspberry Tester Thread!
    By Dracoy in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 10-15-2009, 01:46 AM
  5. I didn't get a scoop for white flood
    By fst89lx in forum Controlled Labs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-15-2007, 10:19 AM