Israeli jets target Gaza tunnels

Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last

1. I have a lot of respect for the Israelis and I wish the American military would take a few notes from them…you have to be a complete idiot to mess with them

2. Quote Originally Posted by DR.D View Post
    The Bible warns though, God's coming judgments are in part a response to the blood of all these innocent civilians and saints. It's a very good idea to stay blameless and avoid getting innocent blood on your hands in the days to come. Whether you believe in God's wrath or not, karma is real and universal.
    Both sides are cruel, and I think they both enjoy harming civilians, or can care less if they are murdered, raped, used as a shield, etc.

I guess now that wars are fought between evil and evil, and the side of good is taking a neutral part.....its going to get ruff.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by jakellpet View Post
    Distaste? DISTASTE??!

If you want to know what I find distasteful, try the Bigotry and Ignorance that runs deep in your veins. You spread it around like an infected hooker.

I am not Jewish and such a remark pisses me off!

You sure know how to make people hate your very existence...

negged.
    Yes distaste from the "world" in the early "post WWII era"

That is straight from a history book, I didnt say I had an issue with them. Humanities 113. Germany, Russia, Italy, France all wanted to ignore or push out Jewish peoples. Some countries were still murdering them. They petitioned the newly formed UN for a land to make their own, and claimed that they had a blood right to a land of their own.

The UN granted that, and supported them taking the land from some one else.... Thus they have their own country again.

Much of the world hated them at that time, save for maybe the allied nations(America nad Britain had no issues with em). Today they are accepted everywhere but the country they wanted which is in constant war.

I was quoting history my friend, maybe if you knew some you wouldn't have jumped conclusions....

I dont have issues with Jewish, and you sure know how to make people think your a deusch (well me)

ignorant. negged.

I admit possibility that I didnt quote it as a history lesson and those who study history a bit less would not understand.

Edit: Actually this is really dumb, you got upset because I mentioned the worlds viewpoint from that time period, and jumped on me because they were like that back then? I gave you more credit for intelligence...

And your post was about as qualified as a toked up 15 year old's. At least you speak like one.
    Last edited by Zero V; 01-01-2009 at 09:22 PM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Imeniaan View Post
    A big thumbs up for death and destruction???

You sick bastard!
    Hey, some people find happiness in a snickers bar, I find it in dead bodies.

(not eating dead bodies, just knowing they're dead.)

5. Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    Hey, some people find happiness in a snickers bar, I find it in dead bodies.

Well, then in few days from now you will be having the time of your life when the Israeli's enter Gaza in their Merkava's and return to Israel in dozens and dozens of bodybags.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Imeniaan View Post
    Well, then in few days from now you will be having the time of your life when the Israeli's enter Gaza in their Merkava's and return to Israel in dozens and dozens of bodybags.
    And that would make me feel bad because?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Imeniaan View Post

My friend. I would be worrying less about the dozens of body bags in that country, and the thousands that will someday line your own street. EVERY nation falls eventually. America, is no exception.

8. People are basically just misinterpreting peoples views

Polical issues as always are complicated, and there is so much misinformation going around the media.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Zero V View Post
    Yes distaste from the "world" in the early "post WWII era"

That is straight from a history book, I didnt say I had an issue with them. Humanities 113. Germany, Russia, Italy, France all wanted to ignore or push out Jewish peoples. Some countries were still murdering them. They petitioned the newly formed UN for a land to make their own, and claimed that they had a blood right to a land of their own.

The UN granted that, and supported them taking the land from some one else.... Thus they have their own country again.

Much of the world hated them at that time, save for maybe the allied nations(America nad Britain had no issues with em). Today they are accepted everywhere but the country they wanted which is in constant war.

I was quoting history my friend, maybe if you knew some you wouldn't have jumped conclusions....

I dont have issues with Jewish, and you sure know how to make people think your a deusch (well me)

ignorant. negged.

I admit possibility that I didnt quote it as a history lesson and those who study history a bit less would not understand.

Edit: Actually this is really dumb, you got upset because I mentioned the worlds viewpoint from that time period, and jumped on me because they were like that back then? I gave you more credit for intelligence...

And your post was about as qualified as a toked up 15 year old's. At least you speak like one.

It sounds like you get your history books from the same store that pimps Creationism textbooks to schools...

in any case, I would rather be an opinionated deuschthan some neo-facist religious nutbag any day of the week.

10. i think a poll should be added, pro palestinian or pro israeli.

and i want to get to racism.

Jewish people are not a race.

Jews are called this way because of their RELIGION.

A lot of Israelis are jewish but they not religious. ie they could care less about the religious conflict that is taking place.

To explain further,
    A jewish person from israel is a lot different culture than one from america, ect.

also i really dont understand modern racism against Jews.

It stems down from thousands of years of persecution. People hate them for some unknown reason really, just probally because theyre different.

The whole problem in actuality is religion. Im gonna say, might offend some, religions were created by people. Religion is one of the main causes for war over the centuries. Not in modern times so much anymore. To me a see a downward trend in in religion based wars.Why? Because i think science is has begun to shed light on modern countries. You see i completely understand the creation of religions. I have thought about this much. Religions were created to explain that people have a purpose, and that the world doesnt end after death. I did an experiment and tried to be atheist, but it made me nervous. I began to think id eventually die, i became a little depressed. In the future the truth will be revealed,no doubt.

And lets get back to the palestianians. Yes they can use rockets and turrets, but theyre culture is a blast from the past. The brainwashed to believe in the Islamic relgion. Actually i think most people are brainwashed into beleiving relgions. Again i think most religions were created by humans. Why are there three monotheistic religions.

I also want to point out again, that the palestinians dont likes Israelis/Jews but they also hate Americans too.

Israel is the only democratic county in the middle east

and for info about myself, ill spread, im jewish, and ive been Jewish my whole life. I was actuallly very religious until about 2 years ago.I went to a Jewish school for over 10 years, and i know a lot about Jewish people,Nazis, and the middle eastern conflict.Right now, if someone asked i wouldnt say im Jewish, because there are a number of people than can be racist. So its just annoying for me. I understand a lot of people are ignorant so i just ignore this now, but i used to get pissed. But this i different discussion.

100 percent I believe in God!

there u go jake,hahaha
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by Zero V View Post
    My friend. I would be worrying less about the dozens of body bags in that country, and the thousands that will someday line your own street. EVERY nation falls eventually. America, is no exception.
    i agree! with that, every nation falls someday, but ill be dead by then, so i dont care

12. Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    oh, oh that's all right then. For a second there I thought you were implying.... no, no, nevermind

13. you know i think this thread is turning into an anonymous thread!!!

By the way i didnt mean to offend anyone about religion, you think what you think, i think what i think.

last tidbit, i just had to take out of the bag.

(keep in mind, i think my own religion was fabricated,so dont try think im trying to start an argument here)
    Jesus was Jewish, and he was actually studying to become a Rabbi, but the elder Rabbis upset him, so he went on his own way, and laid the footprint to create a massive religion greater than any other currently,Christianity.

Another side comment, i dont blame people for being racist, Racism is simply ignorance coupled with culture, that has been inbred for thousands of years.

I was watched this documentary on some chanell with this tribe, and these people were for the same damn tribe and they hated each other.

Racism is clearly a form of brainwashing as well.

At the same note many time racism is used as a scapegoat, because a person,persons, or country is so screwed up, they want to screw other people up.

And then other people are just born as evil, some people are genetically evil as well.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Zero V View Post
    Both sides are cruel, and I think they both enjoy harming civilians, or can care less if they are murdered, raped, used as a shield, etc.

I guess now that wars are fought between evil and evil, and the side of good is taking a neutral part.....its going to get ruff.
    First off, you and jakellpet are both good intelligent men so please stop negging each other. That's just egotistical BS guys. You can't truly claim to seek truth if your personal feelings usurp honest consideration of the facts.

Why is Israel hitting back so hard now? If you keep getting punched in the face, how many times would it take before you finally got pissed and hit back? Why do the Arabs hate them so much? Because they do not share in the Jews inheritance and it make them envious. Sibling rivalry is a common phenomena, it's not hard to grasp this concept. The Bible said his hand (Ishmael's) will always be against his brother (Isaac). Which part of the word always don't people understand? Ishmael has birth right, but he's not the chosen son, that's the nature of the problem. There is no diplomatic solution and there never was!

15. Quote Originally Posted by ari4216 View Post
    you know i think this thread is turning into an anonymous thread!!!.
    this is how anon. threads should be - out in the open.

16. Can't believe the people who don't understand why Isreal has to do this type of thing. Poison summed it up best, but honestly: both sides had an agreed upon cease fire which Hamas broke by SHOOTING ROCKETS into Isreal, targeting civilians.

Isreal has a right to protect itself and it's citizens from attacks and would be conpletely justified in leveling gaza to the ground and kicking every last palastinian out of there if that's what it took to stop rockets from falling on its civilians.

And yes, it is tragic that civilians get caught in the crossfire, but those same palastinian civilians voted a terrorist organization to power in the first place, and those who didn't should have left once they saw them come to power. They are getting what is coming to them and so far are getting off lightly as far as I'm concerned.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Zero V View Post

i have two responses for you:

1) **** you

2)as am american who volunteered in an idf combat unit, i can tell you you are completely, totally wrong. one side doesnt give a ****, in fact, hamas prefers some civilian casualties, as it plays into their game. israel goes farther than any other militarry to avoid civilian casualties. no one conducts more ops in tougher urban conditions with fewer casualties than israel. whether you believe that is irrelevant.

you choose the correct response.

18. Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    i have two responses for you:

2)as am american who volunteered in an idf combat unit, i can tell you you are completely, totally wrong. one side doesnt give a ****, in fact, hamas prefers some civilian casualties, as it plays into their game. israel goes farther than any other militarry to avoid civilian casualties. no one conducts more ops in tougher urban conditions with fewer casualties than israel. whether you believe that is irrelevant.

you choose the correct response.
    You know, sadam allowed inspectors in. But they only saw what he wanted them to. Did it ever occur to you, to test the waters? As in wonder whether or not your unit was specifically under orders to look good since an outside source was there?

Some of the greatest criminals look amazing and are great people when your around them. Then in the back room they were snapping old mens fingers for protection money.....

I used to be in the Army, and knowing how side stepping and backstabbing our own military is, and how pretty they like to be for the cameras. What makes you think theirs is any better? An American is here boys, so behave. That way we have a good rep with them.....Politics 101.

Just a possibility. Not being a jerk about it, but I always say test the waters.

And having ever have been there myself. I can only go off of what I can research.

19. Quote Originally Posted by jakellpet View Post
    It sounds like you get your history books from the same store that pimps Creationism textbooks to schools...

in any case, I would rather be an opinionated deuschthan some neo-facist religious nutbag any day of the week.
    CSCC, Ohio, Humanities 113. OSU deals the same thing. Get over history. You sound like someone who only reads Dr. Seuss books.....

Why would the UN back a people to take land from others.....Jewish were having it extremely hard with every country treating them like trash.

I am not time, therefore I am not history, I am not 80 years old, therefore that is not my era, therefore this is not my own beliefs. You are like someone who would say parts of history never happened. Like Vietnam never happened or something. You cant pick and choose history.

you really are kind of missing the point....totally. Considering I have no beef with Jews, or any race or religion. And have had any friends from most of them.... The second half of your continued (second sentence) insulting would be Void. The first half(of the second sentence) is completely valid though

20. Quote Originally Posted by Zero V View Post
    You know, sadam allowed inspectors in. But they only saw what he wanted them to. Did it ever occur to you, to test the waters? As in wonder whether or not your unit was specifically under orders to look good since an outside source was there?
    For 3 years? THey were instructed to put on an act for ME, for 3 years?

Right. 1) it's impossible logistically, 2) it simply doesn't work that way.

An American is here boys, so behave. That way we have a good rep with them.....Politics 101.

Just a possibility. Not being a jerk about it, but I always say test the waters.

And having ever have been there myself. I can only go off of what I can research.
    Well, I'm here telling how it is, first hand. I was drafted with 500 other recruits, all new and untrained, just like me. We spent a year and 2 months together, straight. Then I went on to sniper school in a different location, to sergeants school in still another place with guys from 20-30 different units, I was in lebanon, in Hebron, you name it. There are, at any given time, ~150 guys just like me, Americans, serving in the IDF, not to mention S. Africans, Mexicans, Filipinos, and a whole lot more, all in different units.

Sorry, dude, it's simply not even close to being possible.

21. Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Well, I'm here telling how it is, first hand. I was drafted with 500 other recruits, all new and untrained, just like me. We spent a year and 2 months together, straight. Then I went on to sniper school in a different location, to sergeants school in still another place with guys from 20-30 different units, I was in lebanon, in Hebron, you name it. There are, at any given time, ~150 guys just like me, Americans, serving in the IDF, not to mention S. Africans, Mexicans, Filipinos, and a whole lot more, all in different units.
    Did they teach you any Krav Maga techniques? I've heard nothing but positives about IDF training. Like you said, their urban tactics are in a class all their own.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

22. Quote Originally Posted by Zero V View Post
    CSCC, Ohio, Humanities 113. OSU deals the same thing. Get over history. You sound like someone who only reads Dr. Seuss books.....

Columbus State Community College: Education That Works?

Bwahahaha....

Sounds like you also took a course on 'How To Dig Your Own Grave' - hilarious!

It's not necessary to list my qualifications or achievements, but I will admit to reading Dr Seuss books to my kids.

Perhaps you should quit while you're ahead there soldier, but if it's war you want I got plenty of ammo

23. Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    Did they teach you any Krav Maga techniques? I've heard nothing but positives about IDF training. Like you said, their urban tactics are in a class all their own.
    Yes, I learned extensive krav maga, but mostly post-military, in a gov't course.

Israeli urban tactics are pretty innovative, particularly the use of tanks in urban areas, the use of explosives, and the use of caterpillars.

24. The IDF ethical doctrine:

The Spirit of the IDF

The Israeli Defense Force is the army of the State of Israel. Its activities are subject to the authority of the democratic civil government of Israel and to its laws. The purpose of the IDF is to preserve the State of Israel, to protect its independence, and to foil attempts by its enemies to disrupt the normal life within it. The soldiers of the IDF are obligated to fight, and to devote every effort even at the risk of their lives, to protect the State of Israel, its citizens and residents. Soldiers of the IDF shall act according to the values of the IDF and its commands, while abiding by the law, upholding human dignity, and respecting the values of Israel as a Jewish and democratic state.
    Spirit of the IDF-Definition and Sources

The Spirit of the IDF defines the value identity of the IDF, it ought to underlie the activities of every IDF soldier, throughout his or her regular or reserve service.

The Spirit of the IDF and the practical rules derived from it are the ethical code of the IDF. The Spirit of the IDF shall direct the IDF, its soldiers, commanders, units and corps in the shaping of their activities. According to The Spirit of the IDF they shall conduct, educate and examine themselves and their fellows.
    The Spirit of the IDF draws on four sources:

* The heritage of the IDF and its combat legacy as Israel's army of Defense.
    * The heritage of the State of Israel, its democratic principles, laws and institutions.
    * The heritage of the Jewish People throughout the ages.
    * Universal moral values based on the value and dignity of all human beings.

Fundamental Values:

Defense of the State, its Citizens and its Residents - The purpose of the IDF is to protect the existence of the State of Israel, its independence and the security of its citizens and residents.

Patriotism and Loyalty to the State - Service in the IDF is based on patriotism and on commitment and devotion to the state of Israel, a democratic state which is the national home of the Jewish people, and to its citizens and residents.

Human Dignity - The IDF and its soldiers are obligated to preserve human dignity. All human beings are of inherent value regardless of race, creed, nationality, gender, status or role.

The Values:

Dedication to Mission and the Pursuit of Victory - The soldier shall fight and act courageously in the face of all dangers and obstacles and shall pursue his mission with determination and good judgment, even risking his life when necessary.

Responsibility - The soldier shall see himself as an active participant in the defense of the state of Israel, its citizens and residents. His actions shall be characterized by constant involvement, initiative and diligence, demonstrating good judgment within the scope of his authority, and he shall be ready to take responsibility for the consequences of his actions.

Reliability - The soldier shall present matters truthfully, fully and accurately, in planning, in execution and in reporting. The soldier shall act so that his comrades and commanders will be able to rely on him in the fulfillment of missions.

Personal Example - The soldier shall conduct himself as required, and shall behave in the manner he expects of others, out of the recognition of his ability and responsibility, both within the army and without to serve as a role-model for others.

Human Life - The soldier shall always act with reason and caution, baring in mind the supreme value of human life. In combat, he will endanger himself and his comrades to extent necessary for the fulfillment of the mission.

"Purity of Arms" (Morality in Warfare) - The soldier shall make use of his weaponry and power only for the fulfillment of the mission and solely to the extent required; he will maintain his humanity even in combat. The soldier shall not employ his weaponry and power in order to harm non-combatants or prisoners of war, and shall do all he can to avoid harming their lives, body, honor and property.

Professionalism - The soldier shall endeavor to acquire the professional expertise and proficiency required to carry out his role and shall implement them, continuously seeking to improve his own achievements and those of his unit.

Discipline - The soldier shall do his utmost to carry out fully and successfully whatever is required of him, according to the letter and the spirit of the orders. The soldier shall issue only lawful orders and shall not obey those which are manifestly unlawful.

Comradeship - The soldier shall act out of solidarity and devotion to his fellow-soldiers, and shall always come to their assistance when they are in need or depend upon him, despite all danger and hardship, even at the risk of his life.

Vocation - The soldier shall see his military service as a vocation; he shall be willing to contribute all he can to defend the state of Israel, its citizens and residents. The soldier shall consider himself a representative of the IDF, operating on the basis and within the constraints of the authority assigned to him by military orders.
    http://web.archive.org/web/200707041...sp?sl=EN&id=32

Every IDF soldier carries a small booklet, call Tohar Ha'Nashek, or 'Purity of Arms'. This book pertains to the moral use of weapons, and how to use that power humanely and for good.

25. I know I"m wading in late, but I can't believe someone is on here touting their "knowledge" from a humanities 113. Are you effing kidding me?

26. If you guys haven't picked up on it, the gaza op is in cooperation with Egypt and Jordan, neither of whom wants the Islamists to gain power anywhere, even Israel or Gaza. No one wants that **** around.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/topNew...50138J20090102

27. Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    If you guys haven't picked up on it, the gaza op is in cooperation with Egypt and Jordan, neither of whom wants the Islamists to gain power anywhere, even Israel or Gaza. No one wants that **** around.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/topNew...50138J20090102
    yeah, I was figuring that was the reason...

I'll tell you what, in our part of the world Malaysia is real hardarse on the extremists - throw their arses straight into jail.

Indonesia on the other hand is riddled with them - a real threat to the region, and in particular Australia.

28. Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    If you guys haven't picked up on it, the gaza op is in cooperation with Egypt and Jordan, neither of whom wants the Islamists to gain power anywhere, even Israel or Gaza. No one wants that **** around.

Egypt and Jordan crack down on anti-Israel rallies | Top News | Reuters
    This is what the Bible says about it:

Psalm 83 (NIV Bible)

1 O God, do not keep silent;
    be not quiet, O God, be not still.
    2 See how your enemies are astir,
    how your foes rear their heads.
    3 With cunning they conspire against your people;
    they plot against those you cherish.
    4 "Come," they say, "let us destroy them as a nation,
    that the name of Israel be remembered no more."
    5 With one mind they plot together;
    they form an alliance against you-
    6 the tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites,
    of Moab and the Hagrites,
    7 Gebal, Ammon and Amalek,
    Philistia, with the people of Tyre.
    8 Even Assyria has joined them
    to lend strength to the descendants of Lot.
    9 Do to them as you did to Midian,
    as you did to Sisera and Jabin at the river Kishon,
    10 who perished at Endor
    and became like refuse on the ground.
    11 Make their nobles like Oreb and Zeeb,
    all their princes like Zebah and Zalmunna,
    12 who said, "Let us take possession
    of the pasturelands of God."
    13 Make them like tumbleweed, O my God,
    like chaff before the wind.
    14 As fire consumes the forest
    or a flame sets the mountains ablaze,
    15 so pursue them with your tempest
    and terrify them with your storm.
    16 Cover their faces with shame
    so that men will seek your name, O LORD.
    17 May they ever be ashamed and dismayed;
    may they perish in disgrace.
    18 Let them know that you, whose name is the LORD—
    that you alone are the Most High over all the earth.

What this sounds like is an Arab/Muslim force coming against Israel, consisting of Saudi Arabia, yes Jordan too it seems, Lebanon, Iraq, Syria and Iran. Turkey can go either way. Egypt apparently won't join the Arab federation and may even be an ally to Israel in the end, though it says they do get hit hard anyway just being in that area when certain events occur.

29. Quote Originally Posted by jakellpet View Post
    Columbus State Community College: Education That Works?

Bwahahaha....

Sounds like you also took a course on 'How To Dig Your Own Grave' - hilarious!

It's not necessary to list my qualifications or achievements, but I will admit to reading Dr Seuss books to my kids.

Perhaps you should quit while you're ahead there soldier, but if it's war you want I got plenty of ammo
    Considering I have laready lost any confidence you know anything of history, go ahead. You have yet to argue history, you have only acted like an angry child.

30. Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    The IDF ethical doctrine:

http://web.archive.org/web/200707041...sp?sl=EN&id=32

Every IDF soldier carries a small booklet, call Tohar Ha'Nashek, or 'Purity of Arms'. This book pertains to the moral use of weapons, and how to use that power humanely and for good.

And plenty of Christians carry bibles..... and um....it says not to do many of the things they end up doing. So......what makes you think soldiers, in war, would follow alittle booklet, of much less importance?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Deadlift target achieved - time for a new target
    By CrazyBassGuy in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-25-2011, 01:08 AM
  2. Replies: 297
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 09:28 PM
  3. Brett Favre To The NY Jets
    By Fastone in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 01:29 PM
  4. Replies: 17