- 11-20-2008, 09:23 PM
- 11-20-2008, 09:30 PM
11-20-2008, 09:33 PM
Thanks for posting the mini-summary of events.
11-20-2008, 09:37 PM
The anonymnity of the internet acts as an empowering mechanism for the oppressed and vulnerable. Given the power of free range of attitude and low chance of realistic reprocussions, many act completely out of character and unappropriate.Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
I admire many members in this board to rising to the challenge, supporting and reasurring one another during times of difficulty.
When timberlakers had a break-in people supported him, rodja was down his luck and having trouble dealing with a break up, zero -v break up trouble, a member posted about his mother having cancer and another about wanting to shoot himself and many rose up and were supportive and positive. Along with other countless times of selfless giving and caring, too many to mention right now. To those who think it does not matter, it does, it always matters. Be the difference, for we are all but one and the same.
That my friends is class, maturity and human compassion.
I smile when i see people come together, the internet, in person or through word of mouth it is important to always act with dignity and self respect.
This is an unfortunate circustance but it is important to not judge, condemn and ridicule people based upon this. Moving forward those attitudes will do nothing good.
Instead i reccommend that we focus on our positives, being our best and enduring the temptation to scorn and mock others. It is partially by this attitude that this may have happened.
It is a dissapointment to hear of such a story but lets not be so angry with them that we miss an opportunity to be better for it.
It is a gift to be heard, listened too and respected by others, people do what we say and from this position of power we must always be responsible with the power we have been given or earned by our peers. New members take our advice about their health and life serously because of some green bars by our name or gold lettering. Lets not abuse this, use it to do good and we will all prosper as a result.
Cheers and bless you all.
11-20-2008, 09:44 PM
11-20-2008, 09:45 PM
11-20-2008, 11:15 PM
God I hope that Star-whatever b!tch burns. People like this make me sick!!!This is taken from bodybuilding.com forums:
" - [a poster by the name of] CandyJunkie creates thread telling Misc. [forum] he'll overdose himself again on drugs live on Justin.tv
* CandyJunkie posts the amount of drugs he's going to take
* Mod[erator]s don't take it seriously
* People egg him on
* CandyJunkie posts a copied suicide note
* People keep egging him on
* He pops the pills and goes to sleep
* He breathes for a few hours, people think he's going to be alright and keep joking and trash talking on his JTV log.
* Some time later many people realize he was not moving.
* Personal details posted on Misc. by a concerned misc. request people to call the cops.
* People tell me he's a troll and nobody calls. Staberella especially is quite a huge cynic and says that he wasn't going to die on that kind of drugs, she insists nothing is going to happen and that people should just gtfo of the thread.
* Miami Police called, the people there do not take the case seriously and tell to call the sheriff of his county, and give me the sheriff's number.
* post the sheriff's number on the Misc. thread
* jjlee138 calls the Broward County Sheriff's office and speaks to them about the situation along with a couple of other people. By the time I called, it turns out 3 people had already called them about it.
* People wait for the cops to bust in on the JTV cam.
* Some people start thinking nobody called the cops, at least 5 more people call the cops, they were told the cops were on it
* 25 minutes after the first call to the cops, the cops bust in. They cover the webcam
* People speculating whether he's dead or not
* At this point of time a lot of people start deleting/editing their posts everywhere.
* Friends post messages on his myspace worried about him, no response from him.
* His best friend posts a thread on the Misc. and informs the people that he's dead.
* Some people still think its a bluff"
The Historic PES Legend
11-20-2008, 11:25 PM
11-20-2008, 11:26 PM
11-20-2008, 11:29 PM
11-20-2008, 11:47 PM
Considering the severity of this situation, I think its best to close this down. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and hopefully bb.com will come through this better than before. Many of us started there and know full well the thankless job the MODS have.
For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
Similar Forum Threads
- By scabs in forum SupplementsReplies: 10Last Post: 07-02-2011, 05:02 PM
- By donagh in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 0Last Post: 11-21-2010, 01:16 PM
- By benj851 in forum SupplementsReplies: 22Last Post: 01-28-2010, 02:23 PM
- By R_Alan1 in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 3Last Post: 08-03-2006, 11:50 PM