bb.com suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

someonehs

Awards
Sorry if this is not approrpriate, or been posted before (didn't see it), but it looks like somone commited suicide over a bb.com forums, had a camera up and everything, apparently there were pages and pages of people taunting him to do it?

I'd post a link to a news article on it, but i dont have enough posts... looks like bb.com is down too?

poor guy.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry if this is not approrpriate, or been posted before (didn't see it), but it looks like somone commited suicide over a bb.com forums, had a camera up and everything, apparently there were pages and pages of people taunting him to do it?

I'd post a link to a news article on it, but i dont have enough posts... looks like bb.com is down too?

poor guy.
The people over at BB.com are a bunch of jack offs. That is non stop over there. The internet actually affects some peoples lives.

Adams

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
The guy had already done the deed and set up the cam.. plus he'd pulled the same stunt again and again... This was all before any of the taunting. The guy had his mind made up to kill himself long before that thread over there.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
A guy kills himself actually, 16,000 every year....people don't give a sh*t, some guy does it on a BBing forum, all of a sudden it's the worst thing since concentration camps....

Please.....it's not like someone killed him, he killed himself, willingly, he posted on a forum, willingly.....

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
what a disgrace!

whether the guy had made up his mind or not, only f*ckwits egg someone on to kill themselves!

is inciting a suicide a criminal offense?

where were the mods on this, how could it go for 40 pages without someone pulling the pin?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what a disgrace!

whether the guy had made up his mind or not, only f*ckwits egg someone on to kill themselves!

where were the mods on this, how could it go for 40 pages without someone pulling the pin?
I agree B... Down right disgusting how people are making excuses.

Human life... pffft.

Adams

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
How do you become a gold member B Unit? Is that a paid sub vs us cheapos that are subbing freely? If it is a paid sub, what are the benefits we are missing?

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
How do you become a gold member B Unit? Is that a paid sub vs us cheapos that are subbing freely? If it is a paid sub, what are the benefits we are missing?
$20 bucks a year, i only just did it a few months back, until then i was freeloading, you get a few discounts with nutra planet with a monthy code now and then which i haven't even used yet

the main reason i went gold was to give something back to A.M as i'm on here a bit during my days while i'm at work, i used to click a few adsense links from time to time to help them with their revenue as well but they disappear when you go gold

cheers

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
From another thread

CLIFFS:

1. CJ made several past threads that he was about to commit suicide. ( not sure how far he got )

2. Made another another suicide thread with live stream of him poppin lots of pills claimed to be xanax, roxies and something else

3. Many replies were insulting him, calling him a faker and attention whore, pussy etc

4. CJ lays on bed, is in the EXACT same position for several hours. Most think he is faking or it's a still picture inserted on the vid screen etc.

5. After several hours someone notices it does not look like he is breathing and the sunlight is seen in the video. Many attempts to ID him but nobody knew him personally. PM sent to a mod with link to thread and live feed and stating " he has not moved an inch in hours I think this is real" Mod replies "he is an attention whore"

6. Admin and others find info. Cops and paramedics kick in door while still live on cam. Cops cover up camera.

7. Forum goes crazy, e-detective work on possible chemical coma etc, talk of pressing charges on mod who ignored PM

8. Nothing officially confirmed on news or anything but FWIW I messaged his #1 buddy on myspace and the buddy said he did not make it. Several of his friends posted RIP on his page today.

9. Coincidentally the whole site is down right now.
BB.com is definitely down at the moment.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
if b.b.com is shut down,then a.m is going to get flooded with new members!.wow so that dude actually did it,what a trip!my symphathy goes out to his family!

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would rather those fukcers go to another board. There is a reason why I don't post there.
But damn. Selfish, man, someone that loves him is in pain because of this.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
BB.com is definitely down at the moment.
why doesn't it surprise me that it happened there of all places.

i can safely say that kind of shit wouldn't even get off the ground here

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
if b.b.com is shut down,then a.m is going to get flooded with new members!.wow so that dude actually did it,what a trip!my symphathy goes out to his family!
bb.com will be back up and running, they make too much money to let one online suicide close them down for good.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
I would rather those fukcers go to another board. There is a reason why I don't post there.
as long as those fuckers don't come here but with the neg rep system back in place, it could be fun:lol:

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
where were the mods there?thats why i love a.m! we have almost or if not,have a family like enviornment here,thanks to the good staff,mods,members!

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what a disgrace!

no mods did anything cause this kid has said probably about 10 times that he was gonna commit suicide

how many times can some one cry wolf before no one believes them?

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
they would not come here. most ppl at bb.com dont know what AM is. plus no one in the misc works out so they would just go to random forums

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
i agree 100%.lungz!

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family. As for BB.com we certainly won't blame them for anything. Should someone of stepped in and said enough, yes, but hine sight is 20/20. I don't believe the board will be down for good, I'm sure the authorities are reviewing every post in that thread and will then remove it. Once the investigation finishes I'm sure it will be back up.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
no mods did anything cause this kid has said probably about 10 times that he was gonna commit suicide

how many times can some one cry wolf before no one believes them?
IMHO even a half decent mod wouldn't let a thread go 40 pages, a half decent mod would have banned the kid/IP after several cry wolf attempts, a half decent mod would ban people for encouraging and tauting someone to go through with it

whether a person cries wolf or not, only the lowest scum encourage someone to go through with it

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
IMHO even a half decent mod wouldn't let a thread go 40 pages, a half decent mod would have banned the kid/IP after several cry wolf attempts, a half decent mod would ban people for encouraging and tauting someone to go through with it

whether a person cries wolf or not, only the lowest scum encourage someone to go through with it
yes sir.........

SAD.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Yeah i was never condoning anyones actions, just telling the whole story

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
if some siht like that would happen here,and i no it wont,but just saying...no matter who it is..i would be so fokkin devastated!..everyone here is like a brother or a sister to me!..thats my word!!!!!!!:drunk:

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
That's really disappointing. There is certainly a reserve of emotion that is held back on the internet, as well as individuals who use it as a chance to 'be themselves.' This is a demonstration of poor character and should not be tolerated.

You stay classy AM.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
they would not come here. most ppl at bb.com dont know what AM is. plus no one in the misc works out so they would just go to random forums
True.
I feel for his loved ones that he so coldly left behind to deal with this.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
Yeah i was never condoning anyones actions, just telling the whole story
i know what you were saying bro, all good

and i know people are killing themselves left, right and center around the world and this guy probably was going to do it anyway but what saddens me about this is that people encouraged and tauted him to go through with it.

as a member of a bb'ing forum it is a sad day, i'm glad to be a part of something here that wouldn't have let this happen.

cheers all

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
very sad indeed, regardless of where it happened, it is a sad event for an obviously troubled individual

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
i know what you were saying bro, all good

and i know people are killing themselves left, right and center around the world and this guy probably was going to do it anyway but what saddens me about this is that people encouraged and tauted him to go through with it.

as a member of a bb'ing forum it is a sad day, i'm glad to be a part of something here that wouldn't have let this happen.

cheers all
cheers b-unit..cheers all!:drunk:

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Everybody likes a compliment.

When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.
The anonymnity of the internet acts as an empowering mechanism for the oppressed and vulnerable. Given the power of free range of attitude and low chance of realistic reprocussions, many act completely out of character and unappropriate.

I admire many members in this board to rising to the challenge, supporting and reasurring one another during times of difficulty.

When timberlakers had a break-in people supported him, rodja was down his luck and having trouble dealing with a break up, zero -v break up trouble, a member posted about his mother having cancer and another about wanting to shoot himself and many rose up and were supportive and positive. Along with other countless times of selfless giving and caring, too many to mention right now. To those who think it does not matter, it does, it always matters. Be the difference, for we are all but one and the same.

That my friends is class, maturity and human compassion.

I smile when i see people come together, the internet, in person or through word of mouth it is important to always act with dignity and self respect.

This is an unfortunate circustance but it is important to not judge, condemn and ridicule people based upon this. Moving forward those attitudes will do nothing good.

Instead i reccommend that we focus on our positives, being our best and enduring the temptation to scorn and mock others. It is partially by this attitude that this may have happened.
It is a dissapointment to hear of such a story but lets not be so angry with them that we miss an opportunity to be better for it.

It is a gift to be heard, listened too and respected by others, people do what we say and from this position of power we must always be responsible with the power we have been given or earned by our peers. New members take our advice about their health and life serously because of some green bars by our name or gold lettering. Lets not abuse this, use it to do good and we will all prosper as a result.

Cheers and bless you all.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is taken from bodybuilding.com forums:
" - [a poster by the name of] CandyJunkie creates thread telling Misc. [forum] he'll overdose himself again on drugs live on Justin.tv

* CandyJunkie posts the amount of drugs he's going to take
* Mod[erator]s don't take it seriously
* People egg him on
* CandyJunkie posts a copied suicide note
* People keep egging him on
* He pops the pills and goes to sleep
* He breathes for a few hours, people think he's going to be alright and keep joking and trash talking on his JTV log.
* Some time later many people realize he was not moving.
* Personal details posted on Misc. by a concerned misc. request people to call the cops.
* People tell me he's a troll and nobody calls. Staberella especially is quite a huge cynic and says that he wasn't going to die on that kind of drugs, she insists nothing is going to happen and that people should just gtfo of the thread.
* Miami Police called, the people there do not take the case seriously and tell to call the sheriff of his county, and give me the sheriff's number.
* post the sheriff's number on the Misc. thread
* jjlee138 calls the Broward County Sheriff's office and speaks to them about the situation along with a couple of other people. By the time I called, it turns out 3 people had already called them about it.
* People wait for the cops to bust in on the JTV cam.
* Some people start thinking nobody called the cops, at least 5 more people call the cops, they were told the cops were on it
* 25 minutes after the first call to the cops, the cops bust in. They cover the webcam
* People speculating whether he's dead or not
* At this point of time a lot of people start deleting/editing their posts everywhere.
* Friends post messages on his myspace worried about him, no response from him.
* His best friend posts a thread on the Misc. and informs the people that he's dead.
* Some people still think its a bluff"
God I hope that Star-whatever b!tch burns. People like this make me sick!!!

Adams

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
I just hope the guy's alright.
He's gone...<_<

That really sucks, how the hell can people be so heartless and so stupid? Those are some pathetic mods, BB.com should still be up, but those mods should be banned, and the members should be hardware banned from the site.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Considering the severity of this situation, I think its best to close this down. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and hopefully bb.com will come through this better than before. Many of us started there and know full well the thankless job the MODS have.

Status
Not open for further replies.