You are not safe from prosecution, Even on the internet!!

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I think the woman should do some serious time. I meat what the hell.... she's an adult, and has to do this kind of **** to a kid?

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
I think the woman should do some serious time. I meat what the hell.... she's an adult, and has to do this kind of **** to a kid?
I have to agree. I saw this on the news about six months ago. This woman deserves to be prosecuted and hopefully gets convicted.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why don't you cry about it? Come on, baby..cry...cry ccrrrrryyyyyyy.

Attachments

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I believe you should conduct yourself the same way on the internet as you do in real life. I'm mean just because nobody can see you doesn't mean your morals change.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Burn her at the stake!

Wrong time period?

On a serious note, what she did was pretty maniacal. It was pre-meditated emotional destruction of a teenage girl. Don't give that crap, that you didn't know it would effect her to such a large degree. You planned to emotionally damage the girl, and the girl was emotionally damaged to such a large degree that she took her own life. You should rot in a jail cell for the rest of your life.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
I believe you should conduct yourself the same way on the internet as you do in real life. I'm mean just because nobody can see you doesn't mean your morals change.
I would agree crader and it's a shame that a lot of people use the internet as an outlet for inappropriate behavior that they wouldn't get away with in the real world.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
moooo moooooror mooooor-aaaalss?

What are these mooor-aaalls you speak of, Hew-man?

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
What should happen and what will happen are two totally different things. A precedent may be set with her conviction of some sort but unless they can invent a law that pertains to the exact thing she did, I don't think she will get much time and a lot of it will be community service.

:bruce3:

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Yea, I think the only thing she is being charged with right now is Terms of Service violation... don't really see how they can do that in court, but I hope they get her with something.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Because an emotionally unstable girl killed herself?

So then, lets say that this was in fact a real boy that dumped her, she kills her self, should he be tried for something?

Give me a break.

:frustrate

Yes, violating the ToS, sure, its a stretch, but that would be as far as it should go.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
So it would be ok for me to torment your kid? Until he/she killed themself? And you'd have no problem with it??? Yea right.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Self contained natural selection? :D

People get bullied all the time, hell I did, I didn't kill myself, I got even everytime.....:D

16,000 people in the US commit suicide, victimless crimes are just taboos.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

So then, lets say that this was in fact a real boy that dumped her, she kills her self, should he be tried for something?

Give me a break.

Yes, violating the ToS, sure, its a stretch, but that would be as far as it should go.
I think we would say that the dealings of two individuals of the same age, most likely dealing with spontaneous emotions, is different than purposeful and deliberate malice. I agree with you, insofar as the penalty to assign is a difficult thing; that being said, I think your analogy may not fit the scenario! That is merely my opinion, though.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
So it would be ok for me to torment your kid? Until he/she killed themself? And you'd have no problem with it??? Yea right.

I would like to think I would raise a more emotionally stable child.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
I think we would say that the dealings of two individuals of the same age, most likely dealing with spontaneous emotions, is different than purposeful and deliberate malice. I agree with you, insofar as the penalty to assign is a difficult thing; that being said, I think your analogy may not fit the scenario! That is merely my opinion, though.

Ok, hypothetically speaking, a 16yo girl and a 20+yo 'adult' male. Yes, it happens...

He is a loser that likes to go out with young girls, he strings her along, promises the world, f*cks her, then he dumps said girl, malicious or not, she kills her self.

Crime?

Don't get me wrong, I think the woman is a god damned lunatic and should really get a life, but if 'e-fighting' was enough to make people kill themselves, than THEY have deeper issues than what is really on the surface.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would kill her kids if she had any, if not, I'd kill something she cares about...then kill her, but that's me.

Should there be a law against bullying? no....the current laws for stalking are adequate IMO, people are going to bullied, threatened and placed in bad situations when they grow up.

If a child grows up in a sterile environment without bullying they have no immunity to it later on, just like if a kid grew up in sterile environment without germs and they have no immunity against them.......

Gotta break some eggs to make an omelet......:whip:....jk

What's the name of your gun forum btw?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, hypothetically speaking, a 16yo girl and a 20+yo 'adult' male. Yes, it happens...

He is a loser that likes to go out with young girls, he strings her along, promises the world, f*cks her, then he dumps said girl, malicious or not, she kills her self.

Crime?

Don't get me wrong, I think the woman is a god damned lunatic and should really get a life, but if 'e-fighting' was enough to make people kill themselves, than THEY have deeper issues than what is really on the surface.
In that case I would not say it is a crime; however, I think there exists a difference between spontaneous emotion (in that scenario you posited), and 'malice intent'. I feel the issue here is that there was a deliberate and purposeful chain of events being perpetuated by an adult onto a child, for the specific intent of doing harm. In my humble opinion, I feel this particular scenario separates itself along those parameters from other suicide cases.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Yea, I'm actually surprised that I'm on the side of prosecuting this piece of $hit woman. The kid probably should have been more mentally stable. But she wasn't. I was tormented as a kid, and I didn't kill myself, but it was "age appropriate" tormenting if that makes sense.

Anyway, maybe this biatch will get the big karmic phucking that she deserves. I sure hope she does.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
In that case I would not say it is a crime; however, I think there exists a difference between spontaneous emotion (in that scenario you posited), and 'malice intent'. I feel the issue here is that there was a deliberate and purposeful chain of events being perpetuated by an adult onto a child, for the specific intent of doing harm. In my humble opinion, I feel this particular scenario separates itself along those parameters from other suicide cases.

Ever been stalked by a psycho girlfriend? I just change emails/filter them, block on IM, and screen phone calls.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ever been stalked by a psycho girlfriend? I just change emails/filter them, block on IM, and screen phone calls.
I have! However, I am a confident, self-assured and rational 23 year-old man; this girl was a 13 year old girl, and emotional matters are obviously much more convoluted. I see your underlying premise, and in fact agree with it; however, I feel the pretense here is different enough that more severe - or, in this case, any penalty at all - penalties are warranted.

Let us assume that this woman was of average intelligence and/or knowledge for her age - this would include intellectual intelligence, but also emotional intelligence with a vastly increased experiential base for manipulation and navigating social situations, with an adjunct understanding of the 'scope' of social situations being attached with such intelligence. Now, let us assume that this thirteen year-old girl is equipped with all of these same skills, of average level, for a thirteen year-old girl. What I am seeking to prove, here, is that this was not a 'level emotional playing field' - so to speak. This woman was not only aware that her actions could possibly cause irreparable harm to this young woman, but sought to increase that harm as much as possible as her primary goal!

metalman302

metalman302

Awards
Legally they cannot charge her for the suicide in any way.

What they are charging her for is violating the Myspace TOS agreement. Whatever the max is, I'm sure she'll get it.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
I have! However, I am a confident, self-assured and rational 23 year-old man; this girl was a 13 year old girl, and emotional matters are obviously much more convoluted. I see your underlying premise, and in fact agree with it; however, I feel the pretense here is different enough that more severe - or, in this case, any penalty at all - penalties are warranted.

Let us assume that this woman was of average intelligence and/or knowledge for her age - this would include intellectual intelligence, but also emotional intelligence with a vastly increased experiential base for manipulation and navigating social situations, with an adjunct understanding of the 'scope' of social situations being attached with such intelligence. Now, let us assume that this thirteen year-old girl is equipped with all of these same skills, of average level, for a thirteen year-old girl. What I am seeking to prove, here, is that this was not a 'level emotional playing field' - so to speak. This woman was not only aware that her actions could possibly cause irreparable harm to this young woman, but sought to increase that harm as much as possible as her primary goal!

We should then require an emotional test prior to joining any internet forum or social interaction website, regardless of age. I do not want my harsh words to land me in jail. Even though I agree she was 13yo, she also thought she was talking to a 13yo. While it was manipulative, it was also, in her eyes, just a 'boy'. Irreparable harm? Hmm. Being dumped in your early teens sucks, happens to everyone, but irreparable? tough leap I think. Like I said, I'm not trying to excuse this lady from what she did, but I could call 1000 people here names and if someone takes it the wrong way and kills themselves and thinks I am somehow responsible for their death, they are delusional.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Legally they cannot charge her for the suicide in any way.

What they are charging her for is violating the Myspace TOS agreement. Whatever the max is, I'm sure she'll get it.

Too bad she won't be offered a cushy IT security job when she gets out like all the other 'hackers' do...

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established

All that can be summed up in 4 words: LIFE IS NOT FAIR.

metalman302

metalman302

Awards
Speaking of suicide and prosecution, have you guys heard about all the commotion on the other site yesterday? And coincidentally that site is down today. Hmmmmmmm....................

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Speaking of suicide and prosecution, have you guys heard about all the commotion on the other site yesterday? And coincidentally that site is down today. Hmmmmmmm....................
????

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
We should then require an emotional test prior to joining any internet forum or social interaction website, regardless of age. I do not want my harsh words to land me in jail. Even though I agree she was 13yo, she also thought she was talking to a 13yo. While it was manipulative, it was also, in her eyes, just a 'boy'. Irreparable harm? Hmm. Being dumped in your early teens sucks, happens to everyone, but irreparable? tough leap I think. Like I said, I'm not trying to excuse this lady from what she did, but I could call 1000 people here names and if someone takes it the wrong way and kills themselves and thinks I am somehow responsible for their death, they are delusional.
As I have said, all your premises are warranted within the proper context. However, I feel, this is not the proper context. Being ousted as a teen does suck; however, being manipulated by a middle-aged woman with deliberate malice is not the same situation, agreed?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe there is one up in the Anonymous thread.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established

nowler

nowler

Awards

Give me a break.

Are you for real???
Grow up!!

Ye if a real boy broke up with her, that would just be unfortunate BUT it wasnt a real boy, IT WAS A GROWN WOMAN and she DILEBRATLY set out to destroy the lil gal's mental state.
She should rot in jail for being such an evil b!tch

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Are you for real???
Grow up!!

Ye if a real boy broke up with her, that would just be unfortunate BUT it wasnt a real boy, IT WAS A GROWN WOMAN and she DILEBRATLY set out to destroy the lil gal's mental state.
She should rot in jail for being such an evil b!tch

Look, I agree that the woman was a nut job. BUT, someone CANNOT make you FEEL anything. They can say mean and hurtful things, but it is up to you and how you internalize them.

Ok, another scenario, what if this were a bunch 'mean girls' in her school that did this, not a woman?

To me, its sort of like the TV or radio, don't like what's on? Change the channel. No one forced this girl to sign into her MySpace/IM/Email. She was unstable emotionally. Whether that was due to adolescence or whatever. She was obviously ill-equipped to deal with what will come later in her adult years...

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Look, I agree that the woman was a nut job. BUT, someone CANNOT make you FEEL anything. They can say mean and hurtful things, but it is up to you and how you internalize them.

Ok, another scenario, what if this were a bunch 'mean girls' in her school that did this, not a woman?

To me, its sort of like the TV or radio, don't like what's on? Change the channel. No one forced this girl to sign into her MySpace/IM/Email. She was unstable emotionally. Whether that was due to adolescence or whatever. She was obviously ill-equipped to deal with what will come later in her adult years...
I agree to some extent, but an adult has the age and experience to be cruel way beyond what someone of the same age group would be. As well as the fact that something had to be wrong with the adult to be doing that to a child in the first place. An adult knows better and all actions have a consequence. Nobody has the right to bully and hurt someone else.