Awards
  • Established
^^ lol nice. I guess we can give them money and piss off the russians even more

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
thats great, how much did we give New Orleans after Katrina :rolleyes:
Reports are scattered, but they range from 6-20 billion directly from the government with several, several billion more from donations and other organizations.

You've got to understand that a US city and Georgia are two different beasts. The US has the infrastructure and ability to raise money outside of the government, Georgia barely has any of that ability, if any at all. I would venture to say that 1bn is not enough. Hopefully other nation states will contribute.

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
$1bn would feed a lot of starving people wouldnt it?
you hear that crap all the time about countries and celebrities donating money here and there but nothing changes ...hmm??

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
What's another thousand million dollars when you are already bankrupt at ~ Nine Thousand five hundred billion dollars? Add another five thousand or so billion to nationalize Fannie and Freddie and an estimated thirty trillion to fund the boomers social security and medicare till they die off, we are so so Financially FUBAR.

It's no longer a question of if, it's a question of when, likely measured in months, either a deflationary or a hyperinflationary depression is on the way.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You've got to understand that a US city and Georgia are two different beasts. The US has the infrastructure and ability to raise money outside of the government, Georgia barely has any of that ability, if any at all. I would venture to say that 1bn is not enough. Hopefully other nation states will contribute.
I agree with your synopsis totally, however there are ramifications to the georgia actions for the US and there are none in New Orleans. The basic premise is we need to take care of home first IMO

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
Georgia has an oil pipeline that runs through it :think:

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
yes

The pipeline that crosses Georgia can pump slightly more than 1 million barrels of crude oil per day, or more than 1 percent of the world's daily crude output. The 1,100-mile pipeline carries oil from Azerbaijan's Caspian Sea fields, estimated to hold the world's third-largest reserves.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yes

The pipeline that crosses Georgia can pump slightly more than 1 million barrels of crude oil per day, or more than 1 percent of the world's daily crude output. The 1,100-mile pipeline carries oil from Azerbaijan's Caspian Sea fields, estimated to hold the world's third-largest reserves.
Yeah, the US government doesn't really give a sh*t about Georgians or the US military, only enough to keep the public from a riot.

They'll stand up for another country and send the Military to "help them"....for an oil pipeline.....:rolleyes:

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
yes

I didn't mean Yeah? as in Really? I meant it as in, what's your point?

You guys act like oil production and availability doesn't effect the well being of people around the world. If there were a major oil crisis it would be catastrophic. It's cynical to think that the US acts in the name of oil, but it's true and better than doing nothing. In terms of Iraq, well that's a different story.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I didn't mean Yeah? as in Really? I meant it as in, what's your point?

You guys act like oil production and availability doesn't effect the well being of people around the world. If there were a major oil crisis it would be catastrophic. It's cynical to think that the US acts in the name of oil, but it's true and better than doing nothing. In terms of Iraq, well that's a different story.
I know it's true, I just didn't want some dumb f*ck to think it wasn't.

And yes, we have to protect our A$$ets, because I agree that my country and it's people's well being come before any other country.

But, don't lie to me and tell me my friends are fighting for "freedom" and when I enlist that I'll be I'm fighting for "freedom".......

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
One more thing, while I do put my country's well being before anyone else, our Gov is in bed with oil politicians, literally now, scandal made public last night.

If oil sh8t heads weren't controlling as much as they do, we could've at least, decreased our dependence on oil, even foreign oil.

We have some of the best scientists and hard working people(some, not most), and if we really wanted to do something about it, we could, but money and political/corporate strings are in the way.

Not to sound like a hopeful, I ain't and things won't change, but I got nothing better to do now : P

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
cheers rugger, my apologies for the misunderstanding.

i wasn't pointing fingers at the american people, they are great people

i just don't care for the govt and what it does it the interests of "freedom"

:thumbsup:

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i wasn't pointing fingers at the american people, they are great people

i just don't care for the govt and what it does it the interests of "freedom"

:thumbsup:
You are 100% right about both those sentences!:clap2:

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Global politics likens RISK , noone invaded australia because they actually cared about the people! They did it because it was easy to defend with one point of attack and its an extra two armies a turn!

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
Why you hatin on HAITI you might like it their
dude, i'm not hatin on Haiti, they have had a tough history, this thread is about foreign aid and it was just an observation, that's all.

cheers