My review of Apple Crisp and Peanut Butter Crunch whey to build muscle...

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I got the chance to try both flavors out yesterday. Here are my conclusions:

Apple Crisp

Mixability: 8/10
All of the wtbm's to me are really thick. I always use 8oz of water per scoop. Meaning if I do 2 scoops I go with 16oz of water. It isn't necessarily a bad thing, on the contrary, it's nice to drink a nice thick shake as opposed to something thin that just tastes like flavored water. The texture of the apple crisp is a bit grainier than some of the other more powdery wtbm's, and it did not foam up very bad at all.

Taste: 8.5/10
I wasn't sure what to expect from something called apple crisp. Was it going to be just mostly fruity, and taste more like sour apple? Or would there be an element of sweet/spice to it and really taste like apple CRISP. I think a better name for this would have actually been apple STREUDEL. The slight apple taste is present, however it's the nutmeg/spice cake taste that is much more overpowering over the apple. Make no mistake, you can still taste the apple, but it's not as prevalent as that sweet brown sugar spice taste. It was very surprising, and such a nice change of pace, very unique.

Peanut Butter Crunch

Mixability: 8.5/10
The same thickness that is found across the board with whey to build muscle powders can once again be found here. The powder itself is a bit heavier/clumpier, and not nearly as grainy as the apple crisp and some of the others. However I was very pleased to see that this stuff has basically ZERO foam when mixed. Makes a very smooth and thick shake to drink. Without needing to wait for the foam to go down or drinking foam (which I'm not a fan of)

Taste: 9.5/10
This is where PB crunch really shines. I've had peanut butter protein powders before. And I wasn't sure if this was just a fancy way of labeling the flavor of just another peanut butter protein powder. For example 7 or 8 years ago I used to drink the regular vanilla flavored ON whey, and I HATED it. A few months ago I noticed they had a flavor I hadn't tried called "vanilla ice cream" and I thought maybe this was a totally new formula of the flavor and had the resemblance of vanilla ice cream. I can assure you it was the exact same stuff as the old vanilla, just with a new name. Anyways...to my surprise it really does capture the sweetness of what peanut butter that you KNOW isn't very healthy for you tastes like. Like the reese's peanut butter ice cream topping, or peanut butter cap'n crunch. It's peanut butter, but with a sweet/candy twist in with it. VERY impressed here. This might be my new fav wtbm flavor now. And that's saying something.

20111005143836.jpg

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
nice, looking forward to the PB crunch, i hate apple anything

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
solid review here.I'll have to give the apple a try down the road.

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pb is sounding good maybe I will get that next time, but then again I'm hooked on this rocky road now.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn that PB crunch sounds DAMN good. I'll be picking some up next month.