looking for a New routine, anyone want to help?

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
Well, since I received no help in the training forum I figured I would jump over hear where most of the guys who know how to lift are anyway.

Well, I have come off my 5x5 and I put on some good size, but I am looking to lean out and harden up. I dont really mind what kind of routine/split to do and at this point I am really lost. I have always stuck with the M/w/f style lift with push, pull, legs and done well but it is def time to change things up.

So I have 3 to 4 days to workout and I don't mind busting my ass. I usually have about an hour to and hour and a half to workout.
Like I said, I am looking to lean out some and harden up for the summer, so I just want to see what you guys rec for me.

I also need some better ab work, I have gotten my top and bottom abs pretty solid, but the space between is def lacking, I am not sure if its genetics or what, but my top and bottom are starting to show and are hard, but from my belly button to my top abs is soft.
I know a lot of it is diet, but I should still be able to feel something.

Thanks in advance guys

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ill tell you what. My man, Mr. Kleen, gave me this awesome workout. The warrior workout. Its a fullbody 3 days a week. Super High intensity. This might do the trick for you. I could email it to you

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Whatever built your muscle will keep it there, leaning up and what not is diet dependent. If your simply looking for a change thats fine, but you leave NO training related goals in you post, only diet related. Try again.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
Whatever built your muscle will keep it there, leaning up and what not is diet dependent. If your simply looking for a change thats fine, but you leave NO training related goals in you post, only diet related. Try again.

X2, help us help you.

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
While I agree that diet does dictate a lot, but I also feel that there are different routines for different goals.

I built a lot of mass on 5x5 but to get it I had to have a lot of calories. Now if I was doing a different routine and eating the same calories I think I would have had different results because of how your body is using those calories and what you are doing to your body with the different intensities of workout.

My real goals are just to tone up what I gained, harden up what I gained, and burn off the last belly fat.
The AM/PM stack I got is working very well for that, but you cant lose everything in a month, and I got smoked in a car accident which set me back.

I don't really care about strength gains at this point I hit my 400+ bench 450 deadlift and my weak squats gave out around 315 because of knee injuries.
Now I just want to trim off the fat and harden everything up, really get that definition for summer.

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
High Intensity Training, full body workouts. Only way I'll ever train anymore, the results will destroy anything you've done in the past

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
High Intensity Training, full body workouts. Only way I'll ever train anymore, the results will destroy anything you've done in the past
Just started about 3 weeks ago. Aint no joke!!!

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
Just started about 3 weeks ago. Aint no joke!!!
I started a HIT workout log in the other section about 2 months ago, yep it works so well it really shows you that the only thing you've ever suffered from was lack of recovery and intensity, not supplements, protein, food, and all of the other overhyped crap

notanymore

Awards
  • Established
Ill tell you what. My man, Mr. Kleen, gave me this awesome workout. The warrior workout. Its a fullbody 3 days a week. Super High intensity. This might do the trick for you. I could email it to you
Curious about this workout. Would it be something I could do at home without a spotter? I have a rack with hi/low pulley tower, powerblock db to 90 lbs, bench with leg attachment/preacher/fly attach, and olympic weight set.

I've done some Yates type HIT training and some of the principles a spotter is definitely needed to help.

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
That sounds pretty intense, what is your diet like doing that hitt routine?

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I started a HIT workout log in the other section about 2 months ago, yep it works so well it really shows you that the only thing you've ever suffered from was lack of recovery and intensity, not supplements, protein, food, and all of the other overhyped crap
Have a link to said log?

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
While I agree that diet does dictate a lot, but I also feel that there are different routines for different goals.

I built a lot of mass on 5x5 but to get it I had to have a lot of calories. Now if I was doing a different routine and eating the same calories I think I would have had different results because of how your body is using those calories and what you are doing to your body with the different intensities of workout.

My real goals are just to tone up what I gained, harden up what I gained, and burn off the last belly fat.
The AM/PM stack I got is working very well for that, but you cant lose everything in a month, and I got smoked in a car accident which set me back.

I don't really care about strength gains at this point I hit my 400+ bench 450 deadlift and my weak squats gave out around 315 because of knee injuries.
Now I just want to trim off the fat and harden everything up, really get that definition for summer.
Indy, I have to tell you, for firming up and dropping fat it's diet and cardio that will do it for you.

70% diet, 25% exercise/rest, 5% supplements

Track what your BMR + activity is (i.e., how many calories you burn), how much you eat (calories in) and you'll very easily see which way the scale will move. Use livestrong.com to make it easy to track, at least get a baseline that you can guesstimate from if you're not going to do it daily. When I did my contest prep, this made the biggest difference IMO.

Next comes the cardio. Add in some LISS (I like 12% incline and 3mph) for 30 minutes once in the morning and once at night (or just 45-60 minutes a day). This will target fat loss while preserving muscle. Best time to do this is fasted in the morning or post-workout. It's better to split it up into 2 sessions, but can be done in a single session. Do that 3-4 times a week in addition to lifting.

Do these 2 things, and you'll drop fat like a bad habit!

Fat burners are best for energy and appetite suppression IMO, to help keep calories lower than normal (that's my biggest challenge being a food lover).

So do whatever lifting you want, full body 3x a week is good. However, until you change diet and cardio, the real difference won't be seen IMO.

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
Ill give the app a shot and see what happens. But my diet is pretty good, my cardio has been lacking because everytime I heal up something happens like a car accident about every 6 months lol.

And I never doubted diet and cardio, but I do feel that certaun styles of lifting are more geared towards different goals.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ill give the app a shot and see what happens. But my diet is pretty good, my cardio has been lacking because everytime I heal up something happens like a car accident about every 6 months lol.

And I never doubted diet and cardio, but I do feel that certaun styles of lifting are more geared towards different goals.
Yes, more geared toward goals, but not going to make much of a difference IMO. Maybe 10%.

Just look at the pros, does their training style radically change when they're in contest prep, or is it more diet/cardio change that they use?

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
Dang Milas I dont know how I over looked your thread in the transformation, awesome work there man.

I have changed my routine to try the warrior routine and see what comes of it.
I have been adding in 15 minutes of HIIT after it, and on my off days I am doing two 30-45 minute sessions of LISS and I am going to see where this gets me.

I got the live-strong app, and I am getting fewer calories than I thought I was, only around 2000 a day at the moment but I am still not losing what I would like to.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dang Milas I dont know how I over looked your thread in the transformation, awesome work there man.

I have changed my routine to try the warrior routine and see what comes of it.
I have been adding in 15 minutes of HIIT after it, and on my off days I am doing two 30-45 minute sessions of LISS and I am going to see where this gets me.

I got the live-strong app, and I am getting fewer calories than I thought I was, only around 2000 a day at the moment but I am still not losing what I would like to.
Thanks, it was quite an experience doing the transformation!

I've heard good things about the warrior routine. I don't think you need to do HIIT afterwards, LISS should be fine. The reason why HIIT is good is because it frees up fatty acids to be burned off. Warrior routine does the same thing (anaerobic), so no need to do more HIIT on workout days.

On off days, start off with 10-15 minutes HIIT to get the fatty acids mobilized, then do 20-30 minutes LISS. This is much better at getting fat off than either alone (or just LISS when fat hasn't been mobilized).

Livestrong is good, I really like it. It helps me immensely planning on what I'm going to eat to reach my goal macros/calories. It also helps to measure and weigh things until it becomes second nature and you can guesstimate (even then you can over/under estimate).

If you're under 2K calories and not losing, what's your BMR and exercise (i.e., what do you burn)? In my transformation I shot for 1-1.5K calorie deficit daily from exercise and diet. The extra cardio is what did it for me (60 minutes LISS AM post workout, 60 minutes LISS PM; LISS - 12% incline at 3mph).

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
I <3 and I mean LOVEEE fully body workouts. I think they are the way to go.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I <3 and I mean LOVEEE fully body workouts. I think they are the way to go.
Yeah I feel soooo much better overall since I switched to fullbody. And im leaning up a bit too.:love:

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been doing kleen's warrior workout for a good while now and I'm loving the hell out of it. Very effective at keeping your heart rate up with high intensity. Low reps and double drop sets to failure and it has been awesome while cutting. I've went from 196 to 176 (today) in 5 weeks coupled with a Lean gains/IF diet. All that while maintaining my strength!! :)

Do the warrior workout and you wont be disappointed!! I'm getting ready to enter phase 2 of it soon! ;)

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome man. Im going to be hitting this back up i a few weeks. CANT WAIT!!

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How is it for strength and size?

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It may be good. Theres a phase 2 that has some strength part of it. Never go tot it myself though

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How is it for strength and size?
I would say excellent. I've dropped 20 lbs and some of my lifts are up while others are the same with no anabolics!!.....at least none for another 4 weeks :sgrin:

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the advice everyone.
I started the workout on monday, and man does it kick your ass.
I am going to run phase one for 2 weeks, phase 2 for two weeks and switch back and forth with it.

I been going straight from my workout into some LISS per Milas advice and I think I can see a difference in a week. I am the same weight, but I am starting to lean out a little bit. The pooch as I like to call it (lower belly fat) has shrank, I am not sure if it is a result of the diet/workout or from a month of tummy vacuums. Either way I am very happy with what is going on and I am going to keep doing this for about 4-6 weeks and then it is onto a new cycle for summer.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the advice everyone.
I started the workout on monday, and man does it kick your ass.
I am going to run phase one for 2 weeks, phase 2 for two weeks and switch back and forth with it.

I been going straight from my workout into some LISS per Milas advice and I think I can see a difference in a week. I am the same weight, but I am starting to lean out a little bit. The pooch as I like to call it (lower belly fat) has shrank, I am not sure if it is a result of the diet/workout or from a month of tummy vacuums. Either way I am very happy with what is going on and I am going to keep doing this for about 4-6 weeks and then it is onto a new cycle for summer.

sounds good brother...Enjoy!!:firedevil:

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established
Just another suggestion for you that I use. This is my workout. These are sample weights as my weights are much higher right now :), but you get the idea.

This will keep your heart rate jacked, shred fat right off you. Give it a look see. Seems like you already have some solid advice here, but being a rep I thought I'd toss my routine out here. People have offered to pay for it......:hammer: and yours for free. Enjoy brother.

Now, with chest day you can change it out to use DB one and BB on the other instead of mix and match just to make sure your CNS gets the overload from a very heavy BB press once a week. That will keep your strength up, but if you are looking to cut up, mixing and matching the DBs and BBs is just find IMO.

Everyday starts off with foam rolling and stretching for about 5-10 min depending on how many knots I find.

On chest days, I use the cable machine with very light (7 lbs) to warm my shoulders and all the joints and ligaments around the chest. All I do is about 270 degree motion starting with my arms above my head and rotating them backwards till my hands are slightly past being parallel with my quads, then back towards my head. Start wide and as you warm up, narrow your arms to really get them stretched. This has just about eliminated any deep shoulder pain I was having.

I'll put the exercises in the order in which I do them and their weights.

After I finish my 3 day split, I just repeat. Vary light to heavy, Barbell to Dumbbell and then toss in some extra exercises if I see weak spots appearing. Sub whatever you like, just hit the same muscle group. Change up some exercises when your gains slow down to keep your muscles guessing. On weeks you hit everything real heavy, go ahead and take 2 ACTIVE recovery days.

----------------------------------

Day 1

Chest / Abs (Heavy DB, Light BB)

C1
Flat Bench 135x 8 (warm up, you can go to 10, whatever you need)
Flat Bench 225x10
DB Flat 125eax3
Full Body crunches off a bench 50 reps (my range of motion depends on which Abs I need to hit more, top or bottom. Play around with it till you are comfortable. If you can't do these, start with regular crunches until you are strong enough
Flat Bench 225x10
DB Flat 115x3
Full body crunches x 50
Flat bench 225x10
DB Flat 105x3
Full Body Crunches x 50
Flat Bench 225x10
DB Flat 100x5

C2
Oblique crunches x 35
Assisted WOD x 12 (or failure)
WOD on the legs x 8 (or failure)
Incline DB 85x8
Oblique crunches x 35
Incline DB 85x8
Oblique crunches x 35
Incline DB 85x8

C3
Cable Ab Pulldowns 190 x17
Explosive Clap Pushups flat x16
Incline Pushups off a bench x 10 (failure is what I'm looking for on these)
Cable Ab Pulldowns 190 x14
Explosive Clap Pushups flat x14
Cable Ab Pulldowns 190 x12
Explosive Clap Pushups flat x12

C4
Side Crunches with a cable set low to the ground 30lbsx18
Wide grip cable flies with the cable set high to emphasize upper chest, really squeeze these out and fatigue your chest 35x8 (35 is each hand)
Close grip underhanded bench with cable set between what it was set for the first two, below your chest at least (hits same muscles as decline if you are doing it right) 25x8
Wide grip cable flies with the cable set high to emphasize upper chest, really squeeze these out and fatigue your chest 35x8 (35 is each hand)
Close grip underhanded bench with cable set between what it was set for the first two, below your chest at least (hits same muscles as decline if you are doing it right) 25x8

Day 2

Legs / Arms
This day will rotate heavy to light as well. If I feel up to it at the beginning of the week, I'll go heavy, if not I do widow makers (225x20 pyramided up to 255 for 4 sets) or leg press, whatever feels better for my lower back. If I can't do a heavy squat day at all that week, I'll put leg press in there so I can at least put some serious weight on my legs once that week

C1
Squats 135x15
Squats 225x10
21s 70x21 (or failure)
Squats 315x10
21s 70x21
Squats 365x5
21s 70x21
Squats 315x3 (failure)

If my forearms hurt or ache too bad to do 21s with 70, I will go lighter, If I'm hitting 21 each time, I'll go up in weight next time

C2
Tricep Rope Pull downs 70x12
Behind the Head tricep extentions (or I use the rope tricep extensions) 70lb x 8
One legged calf raises 50x15
Traveling lunges 45x10
Behind the Head tricep extentions (or I use the rope tricep extensions) 70lb x 8
Traveling lunges 45x10
Traveling lunges 45x10

C3
Machine Leg extension 120eax12 (or replace with a superset on a smith doing front squats with THICK bands and go deep, deep, then go under the bar and start like you are doing regular squats but with your feet much further out, back straight to kill the hams some more)
Weighted Pull ups BW+90x8 (whatever failure is, start with A plate if you can)
Machine Leg extension 120eax12 (or replace with a superset on a smith doing front squats with THICK bands and go deep, deep, then go under the bar and start like you are doing regular squats but with your feet much further out, back straight to kill the hams some more)

C4
Machine Hamstring Curls 120x8 (or replace with leg press with your heels high to hit the hams, will keep more mass than curls)
Weighted Dips BW+90x8
Bicep burnout (pick your poisen, the idea on this set is to fry whatever is left of your biceps, Spider curls, incline curls, preacher curls all work well)
Machine Hamstring Curls 120x8 (or replace with leg press with your heels high to hit the hams, will keep more mass than curls)
Weighted Dips BW+90x8
Bicep burnout (pick your poisen, the idea on this set is to fry whatever is left of your biceps, Spider curls, incline curls, preacher curls all work well)
Weighted Dips BW+90x8

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 3

Back / Shoulders
Once again, these rotate heavy to light if I can get 6 days in bc I'm not working with concrete on the weekends. If I am, I just play it by ear and try to Heavy DL (400+ for a couple reps) every couple weeks, 3 weeks max. If my lower back is still really sore, I will just do volume DL with anything from 225, up to 315. 315 is still light enough not to murder my lower back like 400 does. I put some sample weights in parenthesis showing what a light day may look like, if this is still too much for my lower back, I just keep 225 on the bar and rep that bitch 15 times for 4 sets. This has never hurt my back and I've been able to complete the sets regardless. Call me lucky, I say I'm determined.

C1
Deadlifts 135x8
Deadlifts 225x8
Military Press DBs 80x8
Deadlifts 315x5 (or 315x15)
Military Press DBs 80x8
Deadlifts 405x3 (315 x 12)
Military Press DBs 80x7 (failure)
Deadlifts 405x3 (225 x failure)
Military Press DBs 80x6

C2
Cable Side Lat raises (on row machine)15x8 (with these I actually do 1 side, then 1 front and that is 1 rep for each)
Cable Front Lat raises (on row machine)15x8
Cable rows with cables crossed and focusing on driving your shoulder blades together 80x14
Cable Side Lat raises (on row machine)15x6
Cable Front Lat raises (on row machine)15x6
Cable rows with cables crossed and focusing on driving your shoulder blades together 80x12
Cable Side Lat raises (on row machine)15x5
Cable Front Lat raises (on row machine)15x5
Cable rows with cables crossed and focusing on driving your shoulder blades together 80x10

C3
Wide Grip weighted pullups BW+90x7
Close grip pullups (to failure, no rest between this and the first exercise throughout this circuit)
Shrugs 315x6 (use the squat rack, take the bar and put it on the the safety portion of the rack which should put it right about the right height to just walk up, grab the BB and start shrugging it. I use a full range of motion that is circular)
Face pulls 80lb Kettle x8
Close grip pullups (to failure, no rest between this and the first exercise throughout this circuit)
Shrugs 315x6
Shrugs 315x6
C4
Half Clean into a military press with full barbell, call me if you have questions, 135x5
One Armed Bent over rows right arm DB 105x8
One Armed Bent over rows left arm DB 105 x8
Half Clean into a military press with full barbell, call me if you have questions, 135x5

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
Just another suggestion for you that I use. This is my workout. These are sample weights as my weights are much higher right now :), but you get the idea.

This will keep your heart rate jacked, shred fat right off you. Give it a look see. Seems like you already have some solid advice here, but being a rep I thought I'd toss my routine out here. People have offered to pay for it......:hammer: and yours for free. Enjoy brother.

Now, with chest day you can change it out to use DB one and BB on the other instead of mix and match just to make sure your CNS gets the overload from a very heavy BB press once a week. That will keep your strength up, but if you are looking to cut up, mixing and matching the DBs and BBs is just find IMO.

Everyday starts off with foam rolling and stretching for about 5-10 min depending on how many knots I find.

On chest days, I use the cable machine with very light (7 lbs) to warm my shoulders and all the joints and ligaments around the chest. All I do is about 270 degree motion starting with my arms above my head and rotating them backwards till my hands are slightly past being parallel with my quads, then back towards my head. Start wide and as you warm up, narrow your arms to really get them stretched. This has just about eliminated any deep shoulder pain I was having.

I'll put the exercises in the order in which I do them and their weights.

After I finish my 3 day split, I just repeat. Vary light to heavy, Barbell to Dumbbell and then toss in some extra exercises if I see weak spots appearing. Sub whatever you like, just hit the same muscle group. Change up some exercises when your gains slow down to keep your muscles guessing. On weeks you hit everything real heavy, go ahead and take 2 ACTIVE recovery days.

----------------------------------

Day 1

Chest / Abs (Heavy DB, Light BB)

C1
Flat Bench 135x 8 (warm up, you can go to 10, whatever you need)
Flat Bench 225x10
DB Flat 125eax3
Full Body crunches off a bench 50 reps (my range of motion depends on which Abs I need to hit more, top or bottom. Play around with it till you are comfortable. If you can't do these, start with regular crunches until you are strong enough
Flat Bench 225x10
DB Flat 115x3
Full body crunches x 50
Flat bench 225x10
DB Flat 105x3
Full Body Crunches x 50
Flat Bench 225x10
DB Flat 100x5

C2
Oblique crunches x 35
Incline DB 85x8
Oblique crunches x 35
Incline DB 85x8
Oblique crunches x 35
Incline DB 85x8

C3
Cable Ab Pulldowns 190 x17
Explosive Clap Pushups flat x16
Cable Ab Pulldowns 190 x14
Explosive Clap Pushups flat x14
Cable Ab Pulldowns 190 x12
Explosive Clap Pushups flat x12

C4

Day 2

Legs / Arms
This day will rotate heavy to light as well. If I feel up to it at the beginning of the week, I'll go heavy, if not I do widow makers (225x20 pyramided up to 255 for 4 sets) or leg press, whatever feels better for my lower back. If I can't do a heavy squat day at all that week, I'll put leg press in there so I can at least put some serious weight on my legs once that week

C1
Squats 135x15
Squats 225x10
21s 70x21 (or failure)
Squats 315x10
21s 70x21
Squats 365x5
21s 70x21
Squats 315x3 (failure)

If my forearms hurt or ache too bad to do 21s with 70, I will go lighter, If I'm hitting 21 each time, I'll go up in weight next time

C2
Traveling lunges 45x10
Traveling lunges 45x10
Traveling lunges 45x10

C3

C4
Weighted Dips BW+90x8
Weighted Dips BW+90x8
Weighted Dips BW+90x8

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 3

Back / Shoulders
Once again, these rotate heavy to light if I can get 6 days in bc I'm not working with concrete on the weekends. If I am, I just play it by ear and try to Heavy DL (400+ for a couple reps) every couple weeks, 3 weeks max. If my lower back is still really sore, I will just do volume DL with anything from 225, up to 315. 315 is still light enough not to murder my lower back like 400 does. I put some sample weights in parenthesis showing what a light day may look like, if this is still too much for my lower back, I just keep 225 on the bar and rep that bitch 15 times for 4 sets. This has never hurt my back and I've been able to complete the sets regardless. Call me lucky, I say I'm determined.

C1
Deadlifts 135x8
Deadlifts 225x8
Military Press DBs 80x8
Deadlifts 315x5 (or 315x15)
Military Press DBs 80x8
Deadlifts 405x3 (315 x 12)
Military Press DBs 80x7 (failure)
Deadlifts 405x3 (225 x failure)
Military Press DBs 80x6

C2
Cable Side Lat raises (on row machine)15x8 (with these I actually do 1 side, then 1 front and that is 1 rep for each)
Cable Front Lat raises (on row machine)15x8
Cable rows with cables crossed and focusing on driving your shoulder blades together 80x14
Cable Side Lat raises (on row machine)15x6
Cable Front Lat raises (on row machine)15x6
Cable rows with cables crossed and focusing on driving your shoulder blades together 80x12
Cable Side Lat raises (on row machine)15x5
Cable Front Lat raises (on row machine)15x5
Cable rows with cables crossed and focusing on driving your shoulder blades together 80x10

C3
Shrugs 315x6 (use the squat rack, take the bar and put it on the the safety portion of the rack which should put it right about the right height to just walk up, grab the BB and start shrugging it. I use a full range of motion that is circular)
Shrugs 315x6
Shrugs 315x6
C4
very good post sir

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
wow, that is an awesome routine.
I might give it a shot in a couple weeks since its summer and I have free time to hit the gym for more than an hour.
Once school starts up Im screwed again though, this upcoming semeseter I have class 5 days a week which kills my gym time.

What kind of a rest are you doing between each exercise? Or for each circuit are you busting it in the time it takes you to get to the next exercise?

notanymore

Awards
  • Established
Wow that looks intense Morry. :yup: Would be hard for me to have enough extra time to do that for a whole week without missing workouts.

Usually have to keep it around 45minutes to an hour.

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
Wow that looks intense Morry. :yup: Would be hard for me to have enough extra time to do that for a whole week without missing workouts.

You can get A LOT done in that time. Look at my journal and look at some of the workouts that recent. Those take less than an hour and the volume is incredible

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established
wow, that is an awesome routine.
I might give it a shot in a couple weeks since its summer and I have free time to hit the gym for more than an hour.
Once school starts up Im screwed again though, this upcoming semeseter I have class 5 days a week which kills my gym time.

What kind of a rest are you doing between each exercise? Or for each circuit are you busting it in the time it takes you to get to the next exercise?
Correct, the amount of rest is only the time it takes to load/unload weights and walk from one side of the gym to the other for the different workouts.

It takes time to build up to this routine as it is hard on the CNS. You have to start with some supersets and start adding in one circuit until you work up to 4. 4 is plenty IMO.

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established

If I'm well rested I can kill a day in about an hour, sometime more.

Now that I pin press though and have added bands and chains, it does take me longer to set stuff up, but if you leave all that out and just keep it simple with the circuits I listed, you can finish in under an hour.

Takes time, discipline and determination. When I started I would normally get a stich in my side from being out of breath, but your body WILL adapt, it just takes time.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Morry you are one intense MOTHER****ER!!!!!!!!! Props bro, I will one day give your routine a shot! :yup:

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Morry you are one intense MOTHER****ER!!!!!!!!! Props bro, I will one day give your routine a shot! :yup:
Hell yeh!! I'm going to have to give that routine a shot sometime too! :bigok:

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
May have to try this out, when I'm feeling CRAZY! Also maybe once I get pre-workout PowerChews. You seem to really be loving those!

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
May have to try this out, when I'm feeling CRAZY! Also maybe once I get pre-workout PowerChews. You seem to really be loving those!
I still think N2KTS at 2 scoops is better though. PowerChews I will just keep in my gym bag and if for some reason I'm on the run, I'll always have a pre workout :D

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established
If you do give it a shot, def report back. I'd be interested how it works for some others. I have given this routine to a few ppl and have always got good feedback from it. It just takes time to work up to hitting that many exercises that quickly.
I actually gave myself a stitch in my side today while working out and my clap pushups, on my last rep I would pull my feet up to and land standing up only to walk right over and start incline pushups. I was getting stared at. :lol:

Nman

Nman

Awards
You've received a lot of good information and advice and I'll I'd say is add Need2Slin to your supplement list (if you haven't already) and add some sprints to your routine whether that be Hill Sprints or Sled Pulls or go to your local High School and do sprints or wherever you can. If you did sprints 2-3 x's/week you'll get lean fairly quick.

reta

Awards
I got the following offline a while back and I started using it. I sometimes skip and add exercises to my desired.

I am doing full body until I start my new cycle

Workout #1 (Day One) Exercises
Barbell Chest Press: 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
Pull Ups (Can be performed on a pull-up station with assist or a traditional pull-up bar): Perform as many pull-ups as you can for 3 sets.
Standing Military (Barbell or Dumbbell) Shoulder Press: 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
Barbell Squat: 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
Seated Calf Raise: 15 Reps for 3 Sets
(Optional) Dumbbell Bicep Curls: 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
(Optional) Tricep Bench Dips: Perform as many dips as you can for 3 sets.*
(Optional) Back Extensions: One Set of 15**
Swiss/Stability Ball Ab Crunches: 20-25***
Rest and Recover for at least 48 hours.

Workout #2 (Day Two) Exercises
Dips: Perform as many reps as possible for 3 sets*
Cable Rows: 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Presses: 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
Barbell or Dumbbell Deadlifts: 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
Smith Machine Standing Calf Raises: 15 Reps for 3 Sets
(Optional) Dumbbell Hammer Curls: 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
(Optional) Overhead Seated Dumbbell Tricep Press: 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
(Optional) Back Extensions: One Set of 15**
Hanging Leg Raises/Roman Chair (Abs): Perform as many as you can for 3 sets***
Rest and Recover for at least 48 hours.

Workout #3 (Day Three) Exercises
Dumbbell Chest Press (Vary the position of the bench from flat to incline across sets): 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
Bent Over Dumbbell Rows (can be performed in a Smith Machine as well): 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
Upright Rows (Dumbbell or Barbell): 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
Lying Leg Press: 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
Seated Calf Press (Performed on Leg Press Machine): 15 Reps for 3 Sets
(Optional) Reverse Bicep Curls (Palms down): 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
(Optional) Lying Tricep Dumbbell Extensions (”Skullcrushers”): 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
(Optional) Back Extensions: One set of 15 **
V-Crunches/Jack-Knife Sit Up (Abs): Perform as many as you can for 3 sets.***