looking for a New routine, anyone want to help?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. looking for a New routine, anyone want to help?


    Well, since I received no help in the training forum I figured I would jump over hear where most of the guys who know how to lift are anyway.


    Well, I have come off my 5x5 and I put on some good size, but I am looking to lean out and harden up. I dont really mind what kind of routine/split to do and at this point I am really lost. I have always stuck with the M/w/f style lift with push, pull, legs and done well but it is def time to change things up.

    So I have 3 to 4 days to workout and I don't mind busting my ass. I usually have about an hour to and hour and a half to workout.
    Like I said, I am looking to lean out some and harden up for the summer, so I just want to see what you guys rec for me.

    I also need some better ab work, I have gotten my top and bottom abs pretty solid, but the space between is def lacking, I am not sure if its genetics or what, but my top and bottom are starting to show and are hard, but from my belly button to my top abs is soft.
    I know a lot of it is diet, but I should still be able to feel something.

    Thanks in advance guys


  2. Ill tell you what. My man, Mr. Kleen, gave me this awesome workout. The warrior workout. Its a fullbody 3 days a week. Super High intensity. This might do the trick for you. I could email it to you

    RECOVERBRO


    •   
       


  3. sounds good man [email protected]
    Thanks in advance

  4. sent man!!!

    RECOVERBRO



  5. Whatever built your muscle will keep it there, leaning up and what not is diet dependent. If your simply looking for a change thats fine, but you leave NO training related goals in you post, only diet related. Try again.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Whatever built your muscle will keep it there, leaning up and what not is diet dependent. If your simply looking for a change thats fine, but you leave NO training related goals in you post, only diet related. Try again.

    X2, help us help you.

  7. While I agree that diet does dictate a lot, but I also feel that there are different routines for different goals.

    I built a lot of mass on 5x5 but to get it I had to have a lot of calories. Now if I was doing a different routine and eating the same calories I think I would have had different results because of how your body is using those calories and what you are doing to your body with the different intensities of workout.

    My real goals are just to tone up what I gained, harden up what I gained, and burn off the last belly fat.
    The AM/PM stack I got is working very well for that, but you cant lose everything in a month, and I got smoked in a car accident which set me back.

    I don't really care about strength gains at this point I hit my 400+ bench 450 deadlift and my weak squats gave out around 315 because of knee injuries.
    Now I just want to trim off the fat and harden everything up, really get that definition for summer.

  8. High Intensity Training, full body workouts. Only way I'll ever train anymore, the results will destroy anything you've done in the past

  9. Quote Originally Posted by CoorsLight126 View Post
    High Intensity Training, full body workouts. Only way I'll ever train anymore, the results will destroy anything you've done in the past
    Just started about 3 weeks ago. Aint no joke!!!

    RECOVERBRO



  10. Quote Originally Posted by JoHNnyNuTZ View Post
    Just started about 3 weeks ago. Aint no joke!!!
    I started a HIT workout log in the other section about 2 months ago, yep it works so well it really shows you that the only thing you've ever suffered from was lack of recovery and intensity, not supplements, protein, food, and all of the other overhyped crap

  11. Quote Originally Posted by JoHNnyNuTZ View Post
    Ill tell you what. My man, Mr. Kleen, gave me this awesome workout. The warrior workout. Its a fullbody 3 days a week. Super High intensity. This might do the trick for you. I could email it to you
    Curious about this workout. Would it be something I could do at home without a spotter? I have a rack with hi/low pulley tower, powerblock db to 90 lbs, bench with leg attachment/preacher/fly attach, and olympic weight set.

    I've done some Yates type HIT training and some of the principles a spotter is definitely needed to help.

  12. That sounds pretty intense, what is your diet like doing that hitt routine?


    Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

  13. Quote Originally Posted by CoorsLight126 View Post
    I started a HIT workout log in the other section about 2 months ago, yep it works so well it really shows you that the only thing you've ever suffered from was lack of recovery and intensity, not supplements, protein, food, and all of the other overhyped crap
    Have a link to said log?
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes

  14. Quote Originally Posted by indysoccer16 View Post
    While I agree that diet does dictate a lot, but I also feel that there are different routines for different goals.

    I built a lot of mass on 5x5 but to get it I had to have a lot of calories. Now if I was doing a different routine and eating the same calories I think I would have had different results because of how your body is using those calories and what you are doing to your body with the different intensities of workout.

    My real goals are just to tone up what I gained, harden up what I gained, and burn off the last belly fat.
    The AM/PM stack I got is working very well for that, but you cant lose everything in a month, and I got smoked in a car accident which set me back.

    I don't really care about strength gains at this point I hit my 400+ bench 450 deadlift and my weak squats gave out around 315 because of knee injuries.
    Now I just want to trim off the fat and harden everything up, really get that definition for summer.
    Indy, I have to tell you, for firming up and dropping fat it's diet and cardio that will do it for you.

    70% diet, 25% exercise/rest, 5% supplements

    Track what your BMR + activity is (i.e., how many calories you burn), how much you eat (calories in) and you'll very easily see which way the scale will move. Use livestrong.com to make it easy to track, at least get a baseline that you can guesstimate from if you're not going to do it daily. When I did my contest prep, this made the biggest difference IMO.

    Next comes the cardio. Add in some LISS (I like 12% incline and 3mph) for 30 minutes once in the morning and once at night (or just 45-60 minutes a day). This will target fat loss while preserving muscle. Best time to do this is fasted in the morning or post-workout. It's better to split it up into 2 sessions, but can be done in a single session. Do that 3-4 times a week in addition to lifting.

    Do these 2 things, and you'll drop fat like a bad habit!

    Fat burners are best for energy and appetite suppression IMO, to help keep calories lower than normal (that's my biggest challenge being a food lover).

    So do whatever lifting you want, full body 3x a week is good. However, until you change diet and cardio, the real difference won't be seen IMO.
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes

  15. Ill give the app a shot and see what happens. But my diet is pretty good, my cardio has been lacking because everytime I heal up something happens like a car accident about every 6 months lol.

    And I never doubted diet and cardio, but I do feel that certaun styles of lifting are more geared towards different goals.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by indysoccer16 View Post
    Ill give the app a shot and see what happens. But my diet is pretty good, my cardio has been lacking because everytime I heal up something happens like a car accident about every 6 months lol.

    And I never doubted diet and cardio, but I do feel that certaun styles of lifting are more geared towards different goals.
    Yes, more geared toward goals, but not going to make much of a difference IMO. Maybe 10%.

    Just look at the pros, does their training style radically change when they're in contest prep, or is it more diet/cardio change that they use?
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes

  17. Dang Milas I dont know how I over looked your thread in the transformation, awesome work there man.

    I have changed my routine to try the warrior routine and see what comes of it.
    I have been adding in 15 minutes of HIIT after it, and on my off days I am doing two 30-45 minute sessions of LISS and I am going to see where this gets me.

    I got the live-strong app, and I am getting fewer calories than I thought I was, only around 2000 a day at the moment but I am still not losing what I would like to.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by indysoccer16 View Post
    Dang Milas I dont know how I over looked your thread in the transformation, awesome work there man.

    I have changed my routine to try the warrior routine and see what comes of it.
    I have been adding in 15 minutes of HIIT after it, and on my off days I am doing two 30-45 minute sessions of LISS and I am going to see where this gets me.

    I got the live-strong app, and I am getting fewer calories than I thought I was, only around 2000 a day at the moment but I am still not losing what I would like to.
    Thanks, it was quite an experience doing the transformation!

    I've heard good things about the warrior routine. I don't think you need to do HIIT afterwards, LISS should be fine. The reason why HIIT is good is because it frees up fatty acids to be burned off. Warrior routine does the same thing (anaerobic), so no need to do more HIIT on workout days.

    On off days, start off with 10-15 minutes HIIT to get the fatty acids mobilized, then do 20-30 minutes LISS. This is much better at getting fat off than either alone (or just LISS when fat hasn't been mobilized).

    Livestrong is good, I really like it. It helps me immensely planning on what I'm going to eat to reach my goal macros/calories. It also helps to measure and weigh things until it becomes second nature and you can guesstimate (even then you can over/under estimate).

    If you're under 2K calories and not losing, what's your BMR and exercise (i.e., what do you burn)? In my transformation I shot for 1-1.5K calorie deficit daily from exercise and diet. The extra cardio is what did it for me (60 minutes LISS AM post workout, 60 minutes LISS PM; LISS - 12% incline at 3mph).
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes

  19. Quote Originally Posted by JoHNnyNuTZ View Post
    Ill tell you what. My man, Mr. Kleen, gave me this awesome workout. The warrior workout. Its a fullbody 3 days a week. Super High intensity. This might do the trick for you. I could email it to you
    I <3 and I mean LOVEEE fully body workouts. I think they are the way to go.
    ACSM-CPT

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Steelwolf View Post
    I <3 and I mean LOVEEE fully body workouts. I think they are the way to go.
    Yeah I feel soooo much better overall since I switched to fullbody. And im leaning up a bit too.

    RECOVERBRO



  21. I've been doing kleen's warrior workout for a good while now and I'm loving the hell out of it. Very effective at keeping your heart rate up with high intensity. Low reps and double drop sets to failure and it has been awesome while cutting. I've went from 196 to 176 (today) in 5 weeks coupled with a Lean gains/IF diet. All that while maintaining my strength!!

    Do the warrior workout and you wont be disappointed!! I'm getting ready to enter phase 2 of it soon!
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"

  22. Awesome man. Im going to be hitting this back up i a few weeks. CANT WAIT!!

    RECOVERBRO



  23. How is it for strength and size?
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes

  24. It may be good. Theres a phase 2 that has some strength part of it. Never go tot it myself though

    RECOVERBRO



  25. Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    How is it for strength and size?
    I would say excellent. I've dropped 20 lbs and some of my lifts are up while others are the same with no anabolics!!.....at least none for another 4 weeks
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Help with 5/3/1 routine
    By SweetLou321 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-28-2010, 08:16 AM
  2. Help With My HST Routine
    By koi1214 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-29-2007, 02:07 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2007, 03:46 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-17-2007, 04:10 AM
Log in
Log in