DYEGYE's kickin it old skool with Ancient Strength!

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  247 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.84%

Hey guys,

I typed up an epic post regarding the strongman competition last night, but I passed out before posting it, and my server had timed out this morning and I lost the whole post when I tried to put it up.

Anyway, I didn't win.

All distances were 120 feet.

Did barrel/farmer walk medley first. 5 90 lb barrels down to the end one at a time, then 205 lbs each hand on the final trip back. I gassed myself out sprinting with the first barrel, and they made me stop about halfway with the farmer's implements because they thought I was going to hurt myself (had to catch a breather and I guess I took too long).

Did tire flips/ drag medley next. Tire was 500 lbs, not 550 like I posted earlier. It was a lot shorter than the one we have at my gym, so I lost about 15 seconds at the beginning because I was trying to drive through it, but it had to be sumo deadlifted. I caught a rhythm though and flew down with it. The drag back was with a 300 lb tire, and it was difficult because I started out trying to go backwards, then tried over the shoulder with the rope. They finally told me I could put the looped rope around me, and once I did that I got it on my hips and started bearcrawling. Doing that was perfect- I got into the mentality I learned playing football in high school- six inches at a time. If I looked up to the cones I lost my drive, but staring at the ground I was able to force it out and keep moving. When I got to the end, I collapsed and didn't get up for a few minutes because my legs were so locked up. I had the second fastest heavyweight time on that event, and even though I was a minute behind the winner, I'm convinced if I had used proper technique at the beginning and bear crawled the whole way I could have beaten him.

Truck pull was fun, I put up a respectable 52 second time, the best was 39.

I did the 170 lb atlas stone last. My hip was acting up and my technique was no good, so I only got 4 or 5 reps and called it quits before time was up. I decided since there was no way I was going to come close to the 15 I needed to win, it was better to cut my losses than to hurt myself.

All that to say, I love strongman. I definitely want to do more competitions. Also, with everything I learned this weekend, I'm going to rework my training methods to include more functional training and cardio, because I feel that will improve my overall athleticism.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheRoadTo View Post
    Murder as many animals as you can on cycle, 400g+ protein always.

Don't overthink it, just do what any androgen crazed barbarian would do

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.17%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Win or lose....nice job in the competition Bro!! Thats a hell of an accomplishment. A lot better than I could do for sure.
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  247 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.84%

Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    Win or lose....nice job in the competition Bro!! Thats a hell of an accomplishment. A lot better than I could do for sure.
    I highly recommend that if you (or anyone reading this) ever get the opportunity to enter an amateur competition like that, you do it! It's a ton of fun, no matter how well you place.

Also, I got a t-shirt. Got to pick the slogan on the back out of three they had available for screen printing, so I went with "If you have tears, prepare to shed them now"

•   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  247 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.84%

Hit chest and tris hard tonight. Had a final exam this morning and so I was up late studying, and I definitely think the lack of sleep affected my strength. Ancient Strength definitely put me back on par with where I wanted to be though.

Flat bench 125x10 185x8 225x5 245x3 275x1 295x0 (had to use my spotter) 225x10 Burnout sets: 225x10 225x10---Flex while spotter removes plates and aim for double number of reps at 225--->135x12 long rest 135x30 (alternating pulse and full reps) 135x25 (alternating again)
    DB press 80x8 80x3 80x5 80x6 80x5
    Cable Decline Flyes 30x12x4
    Rope Tricep Pushdowns- don't remember reps but I burned myself out- also messed around with single arm d-handle pushdowns.

I'm toasted. Gonna go lighter and functional with legs tomorrow because my hip is still bugging me.

I know this is a **** product log, but I also have to give props to another company's product today. I took two black cats (AppNut) this morning when I woke up to be ready for my exam, and my focus was off the chain. I was able to remember stuff that I learned waaay earlier in the semester with ease.

5. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

cool stuff on the comp.I hope to do one,one day .

Quote Originally Posted by DYEGYE View Post
    Hit chest and tris hard tonight. Had a final exam this morning and so I was up late studying, and I definitely think the lack of sleep affected my strength. Ancient Strength definitely put me back on par with where I wanted to be though.

Flat bench 125x10 185x8 225x5 245x3 275x1 295x0 (had to use my spotter) 225x10 Burnout sets: 225x10 225x10---Flex while spotter removes plates and aim for double number of reps at 225--->135x12 long rest 135x30 (alternating pulse and full reps) 135x25 (alternating again)
    DB press 80x8 80x3 80x5 80x6 80x5
    Cable Decline Flyes 30x12x4
    Rope Tricep Pushdowns- don't remember reps but I burned myself out- also messed around with single arm d-handle pushdowns.

I'm toasted. Gonna go lighter and functional with legs tomorrow because my hip is still bugging me.

I know this is a **** product log, but I also have to give props to another company's product today. I took two black cats (AppNut) this morning when I woke up to be ready for my exam, and my focus was off the chain. I was able to remember stuff that I learned waaay earlier in the semester with ease.
    I agree black cats are great stuff.sucks about the hip hope its ok with time
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  247 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.84%

Took my ancient strength a few minutes ago. Have legs tonight, going to kill it! Going for a volume workout vs. going heavy like normal since my hip is still bothering me. The change could be good, but also bad in the sense that I might not be walking tomorrow. Might even hit some supersets.

7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.17%

I love the slogan you picked for the tshirt....nice!!

Kill them legs with supersets FTW!!
    Recoverbro Elite
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  247 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.84%

Alright guys, here's how legs went. Didn't end up doing any supersets, just went with pure volume. Legs feel good right now, which is usually a bad sign for me because it always means one of two things: 1) I didn't hit them hard enough, or 2) I am going to hate my life for the next few days.

Squats (as deep as I could possibly go) 135x20 185x20 225x20
    Leg Press (seat all the way up) 486x20x3
    Calf Press on Leg Press Machine 486x100 (did sets of 20 or 30 until I hit 100)
    Lying Hamstring Curl 100x20x3
    Leg Extension 130x20 145x20 160x20 175x20 190x20

It was a really good workout for me. Hammies got so pumped after the second set of curls I had to wait at least a good 5 minutes before I could start up again. I'm about to pop another dose of Ancient Strength (I like to take a second dose of creatine before bed sometimes), skype my lady, and go to bed. Tomorrow will be either back+bis or shoulders depending on how I'm feeling. My chest is pretty sore from yesterday still.

9. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  247 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.84%

I love the slogan you picked for the tshirt....nice!!
    I only remember one of the other two- "It is as easy for a strong man to be strong, as it is for a weak man to be weak"

10. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.67%

keep it up bro
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.17%

Nice leg workout man, and leg pumps are always fun
    Recoverbro Elite
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.87%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

Hope you're not "hating your life" right now lol.

Awesome stuff on the strongman competition, too, bro. I would definitely love to try something like that out in the future.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  247 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.84%

Alright guys, had a great back and bis workout tonight. Don't remember my weights (I need to start writing stuff down lol) but I did the following:

Bent over rows
    T-bar rows (with the bar, not on a machine)
    ****insons
    Lat Pulldowns
    Straight bar curls
    plate hammer curls

I'm almost out of ancient strength. It's been an awesome product for me. I'll post my final review in the next few days.

14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.17%

Looking forward to that final review bro...I'm happy you liked it!!
    Recoverbro Elite
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  247 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.84%

Had another great workout tonight thanks to Ancient Strength! Did Rack Pulls and Straight Leg DL's and I was toasted. Looking forward to writing the final review tomorrow or Sunday. I've already recommended this product to a bunch of people at my gym.

16. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  247 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.84%

My FINAL workout on Ancient Strength was excellent. Rowing, KB swings, situps, and wallball. Kicked my butt. Finished it out with some static holds (the trainer that led bootcamp this morning is a hardcore crossfitter). I was still lit up from last night but still did fairly well given my almost complete lack of cardio capabilities.

17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.17%

good stuff DYEGUY!! A nice log bro and I'm sure your final review wont disappoint!!
    Recoverbro Elite
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  247 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.84%

I will try to have the final review up in the next 24 hours. Have a lot to accomplish in that timeframe and I want to do Ancient Strength justice with a detailed review, so it may take a while, but watch the thread. I will post when the review is up since it won't notify my subscribers given that it will be on the second post.

19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.17%

No problem bro..we will be here when you get that final review up bud
    Recoverbro Elite
  20. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.32%

bumping for review.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  247 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.84%

Sorry guys, it's taking me a while. I have a lot of personal crap going on right now that's clouding my mind. I will post the review soon I promise!!!!

22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.17%

Sorry guys, it's taking me a while. I have a lot of personal crap going on right now that's clouding my mind. I will post the review soon I promise!!!!
    No problem bro...we will be here
    Recoverbro Elite
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  247 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.84%

Hey guys, final review is up on page one!!! Sorry it took so long, I'm still dealing with crap here at home but I wanted to do my due diligence for you guys so I took some time and typed it up.

24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.17%

Final Review:

Weight 238 lbs *a small amount of this may be attributed to rebound from being sick

Ancient Strength is hands down the best creatine product I've taken to date. I saw good strength gains, managed to put on a little weight, and saw diminished water retention.

It took probably about a week before I really felt that ancient strength kicked in for me. At that time, I began noticing my pumps becoming fuller, and a slight increase in the number of reps I could do. Obviously, adding reps means more strength, which was awesome to see so quickly.

After the first week, I began to notice that my skin felt tighter and less watery. I don't know what **** put in this stuff, but somehow I began to eliminate my creatine mono bloat, even though these tabs are mostly mono themselves! People were commenting asking me if I lost weight, even though I was about the same as I had been prior to beginning ancient strength.

My pumps throughout the duration of my bottle were AMAZING. Shoulders and biceps were particularly impressive. Normally you can see the big vein there slightly, but on Ancient Strength it really started to pop out (probably due in part to the lower subcutaneous water retention). Also during week 2 I began to notice better recovery, being less sore the day after a serious workout.

During week 3, I wanted to experiment so I went to dosing Ancient Strength both before and after my workout. This is when the product really shined for me. I got the awesome pumps and strength gains that I'd been seeing all along, but I also saw recovery improve even more. Unfortunately this meant that by the end of week 3 I had killed my bottle, but I'm sure I'll be buying more in the future.

One other comment I'd like to make- normally powdered creatine mono tends to make my stomach a little upset and also leaves me needing the bathroom a couple hours after I take it. I noticed that Ancient Strength did not have this effect on me. A couple times I forgot to take it an hour before my workout and took it right before my first set and still didn't see any problems. This was an awesome surprise.

Overall:

Strength: 8/10
    Water Retention: 10/10
    Pumps: 9/10
    Creatine Dumps: 10/10

I definitely loved Ancient Strength! I want to congratulate **** on adding such an excellent product to their line. I will definitely recommend it to my friends and clients. As I predicted in my initial post, the sub-q water retention and resulting bloat was almost nonexistent, which makes it an excellent choice for women and precontest athletes as well. I already recommended it to one trainer at my gym who competes in the bikini class for this very reason. I said it before and I'll say it again- Ancient Strength is a BADASS product!!!!!!

Awesome review man!! Ancient Strength is the real deal as far as creatine goes...and I'm glad you had some great success with it!
    Recoverbro Elite
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  247 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.84%

Awesome review man!! Ancient Strength is the real deal as far as creatine goes...and I'm glad you had some great success with it!
    Thanks RickRock! Ancient Strength is the shizzle fo rizzle, as my friends in the hood might say.

26. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.32%

very well written review here.thanks
  27. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  247 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.84%

Quote Originally Posted by mich29 View Post
    very well written review here.thanks
    No problem! I loved getting the chance to give Ancient Strength a go!

28. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.15%

Awesome buddy! Glad you liked AS. Def an overlooked creatine product.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-04-2011, 08:26 PM
  2. Brutal Alchemy Ancient Strength?
    By MacWanted in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-17-2011, 09:36 PM