DYEGYE's kickin it old skool with Ancient Strength!

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    *changes to gym clothes, lugs gym bag to car and drives to the gym. 20 sets of deadlifts and 2 puke buckets later return home. The quest for 700 continues!*
    DEDICATION

2. Nice DLs bro. That weight is beastly
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
    •   

3. Well, good news guys... There is a Gold's Gym 10 minutes from where I'll be staying this coming weekend. And they're open 24 hours monday-saturday which means I can hit it every day that I'm out of town... Sweeeeeet.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheRoadTo View Post
    Murder as many animals as you can on cycle, 400g+ protein always.

Don't overthink it, just do what any androgen crazed barbarian would do

4. Quote Originally Posted by DYEGYE View Post
    Well, good news guys... There is a Gold's Gym 10 minutes from where I'll be staying this coming weekend. And they're open 24 hours monday-saturday which means I can hit it every day that I'm out of town... Sweeeeeet.
    That's great news! I usually get stuck with not a gym in sight when traveling or on vacation so you lucked out
    Recoverbro Elite

5. Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    That's great news! I usually get stuck with not a gym in sight when traveling or on vacation so you lucked out
    I'm hoping that I'll maybe even bump into some pros b/c of the show, but I'm guessing that it's unlikely because I know most guys don't work out for the last couple days beforehand. Still, there is that off chance.

•   

6. Great news bud! Kill it!

7. Quote Originally Posted by DYEGYE View Post
    I'm hoping that I'll maybe even bump into some pros b/c of the show, but I'm guessing that it's unlikely because I know most guys don't work out for the last couple days beforehand. Still, there is that off chance.
    That would be cool to see a pro in the gym...you never know
    Recoverbro Elite

8. Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    That would be cool to see a pro in the gym...you never know
    I know for sure I'll meet a lot of them on Saturday... I'm going to spend a lot of the show hanging out with our rep for Europa, and I know he always meets EVERYONE... There is a funny pic on fb from last year of this girl that I used to work with standing with Stan Efferding and another guy I can't remember... It's only funny because it brings their height into perspective.

9. Killed it on chest/tris tonight.

BB Bench 135x8 185x5 225x5 255x3 275x1 295x1 245x5 225x8 185x10 135x15x2 (5 full 5 pulse 5 full)
    DB incline 50x12 60x10 70x8 80x5
    Cable flyes 35x12 35x12 42.5x8 42.5x8 25x12
    Rope Tricep pushdown 30x15 50x12 65x8 65x8 50x10 30x12
    York Tricep Dip 255x15x4
    DB low incline 50x12 60x10 70x8x2

Then I was bs'ing and decided to work in with my buddy on flat DB press- hit the 100's for 5, not bad for being burnt out with chest. Also had powerful forearm pumps at one point to the point that I had to stop my workout for a while so that I could move/ grip stuff.

10. 285 for 10? sick, that's a max way over 315
    Paging Dr. Banner. . .

11. Quote Originally Posted by OnTheRoadTo View Post
    285 for 10? sick, that's a max way over 315
    Im thinking he meant 185 for 10.

12. Nice workout man! Some big forearm pumps are crazy! Nice job!
    Recoverbro Elite

13. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Im thinking he meant 185 for 10.
    Yeah, this is why I need to proofread.

14. Quote Originally Posted by DYEGYE View Post
    Yeah, this is why I need to proofread.
    Lol ya I think it would be a bit strange to do 295 for 1 and then later do 285 for 10.

15. DESTROYED my legs tonight.

Squats 135x8 225x5 315x5 365x1 385x1 405x2 425x1 (NEW PR!) 225x15 225x10
    Standing calf raise machine 300x25 405x15 405x12 495x10
    Lying Hamstring curl 150x12 150x12 160x10 170x5 100x12 (the dropset burned like hell)
    Leg Extensions 130x15 145x15 160x15 175x15 190x15 190x15

I had that same guy that gave me the singles progression for deadlifts help me with my squats a bit. It would seem I need to back off the weight and work on my depth again. I definitely go deep enough from a bb standpoint, but in terms of powerlifting I'm having trouble getting into the hole due to my height.

On the plus side, I was cleaning out my dresser and I found some new shoes to wear for legs- I used to be a competitive paintball player and I had some indoor soccer shoes that I bought to wear on turf but never really used because they didn't grip the way I wanted them to (that stuff gets slippery with all the paint on it). They're practically brand new and the have a really nice flat sole and fit my feet nice and tight, which is awesome because I can't really wear chuck taylors. I'd been wearing my zigs lately and the thick soles were messing me up, but I definitely felt an improved level of control tonight.

Those widowmaker squats at the end were nice and deep and they really killed me. I might make my entire squat workout next week be like a 3x5 or 5x5 at 315 and then do a couple sets of widowmakers to really work on my depth. That 425 felt really good, even if it was a tad on the shallow side.

Definitely noticing a difference with the ancient strength at this point. Recovery is better and my workouts are more intense. I might add in a post workout dose starting tomorrow and see if it makes an even bigger improvement. I will say this much- with the results I've gotten thus far, I'll definitely be recommending this creatine to all my friends and clients, and will buy more bottles for myself. I think that it would be especially appealing to the ladies, as from what I've seen I really haven't had any water retention.

One other thing of note- I switched from whey to beef protein post workout for the last week or so. I know it's a little less bioavailable, but the amino acid blend it provides seems more ideal for building solid muscle. I'm using Dymatize Primal because it's more affordable than some other products on the market and provides 27g of protein per scoop. To boost absorption I'm taking it with a scoop of ON glyco-maize. I would definitely use a beef protein by NTBM if they made one *wink wink nudge nudge*

16. Maybe one day NTBM will have some Beef protein...you never know!!

Nice detailed log man!! Keep it comin'
    Recoverbro Elite

17. Quote Originally Posted by DYEGYE View Post
    DESTROYED my legs tonight.

Squats 135x8 225x5 315x5 365x1 385x1 405x2 425x1 (NEW PR!) 225x15 225x10
    Standing calf raise machine 300x25 405x15 405x12 495x10
    Lying Hamstring curl 150x12 150x12 160x10 170x5 100x12 (the dropset burned like hell)
    Leg Extensions 130x15 145x15 160x15 175x15 190x15 190x15

I had that same guy that gave me the singles progression for deadlifts help me with my squats a bit. It would seem I need to back off the weight and work on my depth again. I definitely go deep enough from a bb standpoint, but in terms of powerlifting I'm having trouble getting into the hole due to my height.

On the plus side, I was cleaning out my dresser and I found some new shoes to wear for legs- I used to be a competitive paintball player and I had some indoor soccer shoes that I bought to wear on turf but never really used because they didn't grip the way I wanted them to (that stuff gets slippery with all the paint on it). They're practically brand new and the have a really nice flat sole and fit my feet nice and tight, which is awesome because I can't really wear chuck taylors. I'd been wearing my zigs lately and the thick soles were messing me up, but I definitely felt an improved level of control tonight.

Those widowmaker squats at the end were nice and deep and they really killed me. I might make my entire squat workout next week be like a 3x5 or 5x5 at 315 and then do a couple sets of widowmakers to really work on my depth. That 425 felt really good, even if it was a tad on the shallow side.

Definitely noticing a difference with the ancient strength at this point. Recovery is better and my workouts are more intense. I might add in a post workout dose starting tomorrow and see if it makes an even bigger improvement. I will say this much- with the results I've gotten thus far, I'll definitely be recommending this creatine to all my friends and clients, and will buy more bottles for myself. I think that it would be especially appealing to the ladies, as from what I've seen I really haven't had any water retention.

One other thing of note- I switched from whey to beef protein post workout for the last week or so. I know it's a little less bioavailable, but the amino acid blend it provides seems more ideal for building solid muscle. I'm using Dymatize Primal because it's more affordable than some other products on the market and provides 27g of protein per scoop. To boost absorption I'm taking it with a scoop of ON glyco-maize. I would definitely use a beef protein by NTBM if they made one *wink wink nudge nudge*
    Nice update man! Solid lift too! My roommate uses the same beef protein because he has a gluten intolerance....he said it tastes like $hit lol

18. Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHalf View Post
    Nice update man! Solid lift too! My roommate uses the same beef protein because he has a gluten intolerance....he said it tastes like $hit lol
    I haven't had it by itself yet, but with the glyco-maize it's not bad. I actually kind of like it- I use the blue rasberry.

19. I've never used beef protein myself, but it does sound nasty I must say.
    Recoverbro Elite

20. Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    I've never used beef protein myself, but it does sound nasty I must say.
    I didn't like the sound of it at first, but I tried one of musclemeds' carnivore shots and I liked it, and I've gotta say the taste of the Primal is pretty good. It's somewhat similar to like the blue rasberry Dark Matter by MHP without the waxymaize cottonmouth.

My shoulders are FRIED from tonight's workout:

DB Shoulder press
    Arnold Press
    DB lateral raises
    DB rear delt raises
    DB supinating front raises
    DB shrugs

For the shrugs, I did something at the suggestion of my buddy- quick reps and dropsets. Basically, I started at the 100's. Hit them as many times as I could, then went to the 75's, did them to failure, then the 50's, then the 40's, then the 30's. My traps are BURNT out. I've never done such a fast dropset before, but it was epic.

21. Man I remember how bad that burn was the last time I did drop sets on shrugs. It was hard to hold my arm up after it and it burned a good while and I had big DOMS the next day...good stuff to throw in there every once in a while though
    Recoverbro Elite
  22. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Things are looking good in here, man. That's a great leg workout.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | [email protected] | Inspire to Evolve

23. Sounds like the Ancient Strength is really kickin' it up a notch.
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes

24. Okay, this weekend is gonna be killer. I'm destroying my food, and I'm about to hit some Ancient Strength and go to the gym. I'm at a fitness business conference and I just missed winning a TRX by 5 rows on the 40/40 challenge. I want to buy one now.

Anyway, gonna do back and bis tonight, then they're doing some workout thing at 7am tomorrow, and I'll go to the gym again late tomorrow night. This is going to be a tough weekend. I'm confident that Ancient Strength can keep up though.

25. Does look busy....hopefully the Ancient Strength will help you push through
    Recoverbro Elite
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-04-2011, 08:26 PM
  2. Brutal Alchemy Ancient Strength?
    By MacWanted in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-17-2011, 09:36 PM