Need2Slin and intermittent fasting

fitz

Awards
I'm going on my 4th month of an intermittent fasting diet, I've since lost 21lbs and about 7% bodyfat. I just picked up a bottle of need2slin and want to know when to dose it.

I eat 1 large high protein, moderate carb meal per day, typically around 6pm. Earlier in the day I will have greek yogurt or a protein shake with some skim milk. All of my carbs come from veggies, milk and greek yogurt.

Currently, I'm planning on just taking 2 pills 30 min prior to my large 6pm meal, but I don't know if this is optimal. Given my diet what would you guys recommend for dosing?

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You could do that, yes.

Or if you want you could do the 3 caps a day. 1 morning, afternoon, and night before meals. I really liked doing it like this.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just start using Need2slin myself during an intermittent fasting diet and I'm doing 2 caps with the first meal and 2 caps with the last. Your dosing would also work fine. Its a very versatile product!! ;)

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
One thing I noticed was an increase in thirst with need2slin, so make sure you're drinking plenty of water

fitz

Awards
I think I'm going to stick with just taking 2 pills with my night meal for now, then switch it up to 1 pill in the morning, afternoon, and night just to experiment with how my body reacts to it.

One thing I noticed was an increase in thirst with need2slin, so make sure you're drinking plenty of water
I noticed this also yesterday after my first dose. I must have drank a gallon of ice water last night.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
I think I'm going to stick with just taking 2 pills with my night meal for now, then switch it up to 1 pill in the morning, afternoon, and night just to experiment with how my body reacts to it.

I noticed this also yesterday after my first dose. I must have drank a gallon of ice water last night.
I actually did 1 around 11am, 1 45 min before my pre workout meal at 4pm, and then 1 preworkout at 5:15pm with N2KTS and 10g BCAAs and then sipped on another 10g BCAAs during my workout....pumps were retarded but I was so thirsty afterwards

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
I just start using Need2slin myself during an intermittent fasting diet and I'm doing 2 caps with the first meal and 2 caps with the last. Your dosing would also work fine. Its a very versatile product!! ;)
This idea looks the best to me

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I've never taken Need 2 Slin on an empty stomach, I wonder how that would work or feel? I just can't justify taking it without some calories though, because I want it to go to work, and like everyone, my supply is limited.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
I've never taken Need 2 Slin on an empty stomach, I wonder how that would work or feel? I just can't justify taking it without some calories though, because I want it to go to work, and like everyone, my supply is limited.
Taking it on an empty stomach with some bcaa's might increase GH output and increase lipolysis - probably really good before bed time

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I kinda wondered the same about it as I've toyed with idea of dosing 1 cap upon waking preworkout but I am fasting at that point for about 6-7 more hours, so for now I'm just going to use 2 caps at each of my two big meals

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Taking it on an empty stomach with some bcaa's might increase GH output and increase lipolysis - probably really good before bed time
It's so odd what we learn and then forget and for some reason allow to fall out of practice. I was told this same thing once before and it really resonated with me, however for whatever reason I stopped employing this practice. Sounds like it would be something VERY useful pre contest, with my usual GABA.

I kinda wondered the same about it as I've toyed with idea of dosing 1 cap upon waking preworkout but I am fasting at that point for about 6-7 more hours, so for now I'm just going to use 2 caps at each of my two big meals
This is the perfect way to use it - if you're trying to conserve and still use it for the best purpose.

fitz

Awards
This is only my 2nd day of taking this, but so far I've noticed two things. After my big meal of the day, I don't get tired at all, usually after fasting and then eating a large meal you get very tired. The other thing I've noticed is actually feeling pumps in my arms and chest, even though I'm not working out after dosing. Its too early to tell, could just be placebo effect, but so far I'm liking it.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would take 2 before your big meal and then 1 more before you go to sleep. I seem to sleep better and wake up feeling leaner. Plan on adding some BCAAs to my pre bed dose.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would take 2 before your big meal and then 1 more before you go to sleep. I seem to sleep better and wake up feeling leaner. Plan on adding some BCAAs to my pre bed dose.
That way would be great too. My last meal and last dose of Need2slin is 2 hours before bed and then I take 10g BCAA before going to bed

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
I would personally not use the BCAA before bed but thats me and split the over the day between meals.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would personally not use the BCAA before bed but thats me and split the over the day between meals.
BCAAs are VERY important when intermittent fasting as I'm on now. So I hit 10g right before bedtime, then 10g every 2 hours upon waking until I break the fast at noon. When on a normal diet, not necessary though

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
BCAAs are VERY important when intermittent fasting as I'm on now. So I hit 10g right before bedtime, then 10g every 2 hours upon waking until I break the fast at noon. When on a normal diet, not necessary though
I have no good experiences with IM fasting so I can't speak on it. For normal diet I am a fan of 3-5grams with each meal or 2 grams leucine each meal. The other idea is 2 grams between meals. Which I think power chews would be great for as no mixing powders or swallowing lots of pills.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Need2Slin is such a versatile product. I take it AM pre-workout (fasted) and PM before bed when I'm doing low carbs.

The AM dose is to help clear fatty acids from my system and get them moving to be metabolized and also to increase GH output (with GABA), and then the pre-bed dose is again to clear any blood sugar that might be in my system again with GABA to increase GH.

I am going to try IF in a few weeks and see how it goes. It seems like a great program. My only concern is post workout (AM training) not getting food in my system ASAP. Just seems counter-intuitive...

fitz

Awards
I'm now 5 days in taking need2slin while fasting. I've been doing 2 pills 30min before my main meal at 6pm and then 1pill 3 or 4 hours later with bcaa's or a protein shake.

So far so good, I've lost 1% bf, muscles feel a bit harder, and overall I look leaner. I have noticed feeling a lot hungrier when I wake up than usual.

I am going to try IF in a few weeks and see how it goes. It seems like a great program. My only concern is post workout (AM training) not getting food in my system ASAP. Just seems counter-intuitive...
I also workout in the morning and have a protein shake or greek yogurt right after my workout. Results have been great in the gym for me, energy while in a fasted state is through the roof.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm now 5 days in taking need2slin while fasting. I've been doing 2 pills 30min before my main meal at 6pm and then 1pill 3 or 4 hours later with bcaa's or a protein shake.

So far so good, I've lost 1% bf, muscles feel a bit harder, and overall I look leaner. I have noticed feeling a lot hungrier when I wake up than usual.

I also workout in the morning and have a protein shake or greek yogurt right after my workout. Results have been great in the gym for me, energy while in a fasted state is through the roof.
Great man!! I'm having pretty good results with it right now during my IF that I started a week ago too. 1st week and down 5 lbs...:yup:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tonights dinner was a great meal. Some steak, spinach, and protein fluff.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Tonights dinner was a great meal. Some steak, spinach, and protein fluff.
Sounds nice, I just had steak last night and the night before, for the first time in MONTHS. I just couldn't spend the $8 a pound for a nice good New York Strip, which tuna, chicken, egg whites, and lean ground meat is so cheap.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok I am def a believer in the 2 together. I was 227 last monday(9pm) with 1 meal in me and today(2pm) I was 218 fasted.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok I am def a believer in the 2 together. I was 227 last monday(9pm) with 1 meal in me and today(2pm) I was 218 fasted.

That's awesome...sounds like my progress. I went from 196 last week to 189.5 today, and need2slin with intermittent fasting seem to be doing their thing :D

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established
focus on your diet. it is paramount to cutting fat. any supps afterwards should be gravy. What I'm saying is don't think "take 'whatever product' " and then eat a double quarter pounder. Hit your training hard and keep everything else gravy. Making Need2slin nothing but gravy baby.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My weight is back up now. It floats around in the mid 220s.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
focus on your diet. it is paramount to cutting fat. any supps afterwards should be gravy. What I'm saying is don't think "take 'whatever product' " and then eat a double quarter pounder. Hit your training hard and keep everything else gravy. Making Need2slin nothing but gravy baby.
Very true. Need2slin as well as any supplement only helps what you are already doing. Diet and training have to already be in check for the supplement benefit to be there...

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^ exactly... N2S has many benefits, but theres no miracle pill..

Turbo4V

Awards
About to order some of this as well. Yall are eating in what hour window to be considered IF? Say from noon till 8PM or so?

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
About to order some of this as well. Yall are eating in what hour window to be considered IF? Say from noon till 8PM or so?
I eat ~12PM-8PM, give or take 30-60 minutes on workout days, off days I might extend my fast longer. Fasting time is generally 8PM until 12PM the next day.

I try to have protein/fat/fiber as my last meal at 8PM to keep me feeling full and keep something in my guy longer.

I take my N2Slin 1 first thing AM (pre-workout), 1 afternoon before breaking fast, and 1 evening before bed.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I eat ~12PM-8PM, give or take 30-60 minutes on workout days, off days I might extend my fast longer. Fasting time is generally 8PM until 12PM the next day.

I try to have protein/fat/fiber as my last meal at 8PM to keep me feeling full and keep something in my guy longer.

I take my N2Slin 1 first thing AM (pre-workout), 1 afternoon before breaking fast, and 1 evening before bed.
My feeding window is the same as yours but I take 2 need2slin before my fast breaking meal and 2 with my last meal on training days, and 1 cap before first and last meals on cardio and rest days (low Carb)

I may switch up and try the 3 a day spread out soon and see how I like it

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Take one or two before bed on an empty stomach...

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Add 100mg cjc-1295 No DAC, 300mg Ipamorelin and 200mcg Huperzine-A = epic!
Don't forget some GTE with that Hup-A...it will help to increase the bio availability.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yep, plenty of EGCG flowing!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Take one or two before bed on an empty stomach...
I tried that a couple days ago, and I woke up pretty dry and refreshed. I slept well too. I will probably go to that dosing

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I tried that a couple days ago, and I woke up pretty dry and refreshed. I slept well too. I will probably go to that dosing
Russian always recommended 1 before bed. His 3/day method. Works great man.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Russian always recommended 1 before bed. His 3/day method. Works great man.
Yeh I'm pretty sure I'm going to switch to that and try it out

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Bump for this thread. Seems I've seen a lot of threads and questions lately about if you can use n2slin on IF and how well it works. This thread has some great info on how to go about implementing n2slin if you follow an IF diet. Personally I do not, but know others who do. Rick obviously would be the best to tell you all how to go about using n2slin while following an IF diet.

So all you lean gainers out there, go ahead and post up how you like to use n2slin and how well it works for you!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bump for this thread. Seems I've seen a lot of threads and questions lately about if you can use n2slin on IF and how well it works. This thread has some great info on how to go about implementing n2slin if you follow an IF diet. Personally I do not, but know others who do. Rick obviously would be the best to tell you all how to go about using n2slin while following an IF diet.

So all you lean gainers out there, go ahead and post up how you like to use n2slin and how well it works for you!
I've tried it several different ways while on lean gains over the last 4-5 months. I started out with 2 caps before my fast breaking meal and with 2 caps during my big last meal
Then I went to 2 caps before my first meal with 1 cap with my last meal and 1 before bed. And now I am doing 1 cap before fasted training, 1 before fast breaker and 1 before the last meal.

They were all effective ways of dosing, but the most efficient way is what I'm doing now IMO. At the 3 caps a day it is working great and a bottle will last a month and a half. This is the way I plan to continue using it ;)

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've tried it several different ways while on lean gains over the last 4-5 months. I started out with 2 caps before my fast breaking meal and with 2 caps during my big last meal
Then I went to 2 caps before my first meal with 1 cap with my last meal and 1 before bed. And now I am doing 1 cap before fasted training, 1 before fast breaker and 1 before the last meal.

They were all effective ways of dosing, but the most efficient way is what I'm doing now IMO. At the 3 caps a day it is working great and a bottle will last a month and a half. This is the way I plan to continue using it ;)
Thanks for your experience Rick. Going to have to do that myself. Today I took 2 Need2Slin and 5 Neovar post workout.

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established

I used to only use it on workout days and postworkout I want to try 2 caps split throughout the day. The sypherine in it is a little strong for me do to stim hence my low doses. What would you think with IF. On off days I only get 20 carbs from fuit.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used to only use it on workout days and postworkout I want to try 2 caps split throughout the day. The sypherine in it is a little strong for me do to stim hence my low doses. What would you think with IF. On off days I only get 20 carbs from fuit.
Maybe just do 1 cap on those off days before your meal. If that is too much then skip the Need2slin on those days. That's how I'd do it ;)

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do LeanGains, going on 5 months now, been using Need2Slin or Glycobol entire time at 3 caps a day. It works well, and it's good for you. Win-win.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do LeanGains, going on 5 months now, been using Need2Slin or Glycobol entire time at 3 caps a day. It works well, and it's good for you. Win-win.
I agree man that on IF or any traditional diet for that matter, 3 caps per day is really where its at. You get the benefits of Need2slin at nice steady consistent levels throughout the day, and your bottle lasts a good amount of time also!!

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
So the consensus is even if you eat post-wo, but train fasted, use it for fasted training?

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do a cap before my workout, the thought being that while I train fasted with BCAA, I'll be more sensitized during/after for amino uptake (I don't eat for ~4 hours post workout with IF). I also "think" that by using it this way any blood glucose of Free Fatty Acids that're released during my workout will be managed better. I don't know if it works or not, but I manage to stay pretty lean and make progress.

I primarily use it for the Na-R-ALA content and general health, but the rest of the stuff is great too.