Ancient Strength Write-Up

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

If you’re serious about weight training, then you probably know all about creatine already.

Ancient Strength provides a full serving of creatine monohydrate, the most effective form of creatine!

We didn’t just stop there because our formula also includes creatine pyruvate, which can cause a higher peak level of creatine and a potentially greater absorption and slower elimination rate. We also added creatine phosphate, which is a metabolite of creatine, a phophorylated form of creatine that provides a quickly usable reserve of high-energy phosphates in muscle tissue.

Highlights:

Increased lean body mass
Decrease fat mass
Boost strength
Elevate IGF-1 levels
Aid in protein synthesis
Boost endurance
Increase power

For the past twenty years, creatine has been the benchmark for truly effective supplements, with some users reporting lean body mass gains of up to ten pounds in the first week of using it, plus added reps on nearly every exercise. Creatine is natural and occurs in many foods. Although, it is found in notably higher quantities in foods such as beef, herring, salmon, tuna, and other animal products. Creatine is also found and stored in creatine stores in the human body as phosphocreatine. (1)

Phosphocreatine is stored energy in the muscular tissues and aids in the provision of energy for muscular contractions. Phosphate produced from creatine is needed for Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) molecules, the primary fuel for enzymatic motors located within the muscle, are regenerated through phosphocreatine. (1)

During muscular contractions, ATP loses a phosphate molecule to create energy. The resulting compound is known as Adenosine Diphosphate (ADP), reflective of the two phosphate molecules that remain. To produce another contraction, that ADP molecule must be turned back into ATP; creatine acts as a primary source of phosphate, thereby adding the necessary molecule to ADP, and converting it back to the ATP, that you need to finish your next rep. By providing your body with an excess of supplemental creatine (such as through Ancient Strength), the body can produce even more ATP molecules. This ensures that energy is available for continued muscle contractions. (1)

Supplementation with oral creatine augments the available amount of skeletal muscle creatine concentrations, leading to gains in lean body mass…

….especially when used in conjunction with a weight training program designed to enhance power and strength (2). In addition, it has been shown to improve performance during intense exercise, especially during repeated bouts. (2)

Both body mass and lean body mass have been shown to increase at a substantially greater rate with the addition of supplemental creatine to the diet.

Additionally, supplemental creatine contributed to significant improvements in the rate of power production during exercise. (3) It can also stimulate protein synthesis, leading to the addition of skeletal muscle. (4)But creatine doesn’t only boost strength, power, and lean body mass; it also increases endurance in strength in power athletes (5). This could be due to the fact that creatine doesn’t just increase the size of one type of muscle fiber, it increases them dramatically across the board, from your type II fibers (the power ones) to your type I fibers (the endurance ones).

Creatine has also been found to boost the highly anabolic hormone, Insulin-like Growth Factor 1 (IGF-1)!

IGF-1 is used by the human body for both muscle repair and growth processes. Parts of its effects are thought to be through stimulating the activity of satellite cells, which are used by the body to repair muscle fibers that have been damaged - as we see with intense weight training. By simply taking creatine, you could experience a 78% percent increase in the amount of muscle IGF-1 that was produced. (6)

But the effects of creatine have been found to extend far beyond the weight room, and it has even been found to have both musculoskeletal and neuroprotective properties (7), and evidence from various studies have shown creatine to have numerous benefits for those suffering from various diseases Huntington's, Parkinson's, Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, and applied clinically in patients with Gyrate Atrophy, various neuromuscular disorders, McArdle's Disease, and congestive heart failure (1).

Creatine isn’t just great for athletes…

…looking to build muscle and strength while losing fat, it’s great for just about everyone! Most importantly, it’s safe (8), with almost nobody having any adverse or allergic reactions to it.

If you’re going to use creatine (what serious athlete isn’t?), then you need to use Ancient Strength.

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration (FDA). This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Directions:

As a dietary supplement, take 3 tablets 30 to 45 minutes before and/or after training with 8 to 12 ounces of water or carbohydrate beverage. It may be advisable to take this in cycles of: 4 to 6 weeks on, 4 to 6 weeks off. Do not exceed 6 tablets per day. If you are stacking this product with Brutal Alchemy Onslaught, do not exceed 1 serving a day.

Other Ingredients:
magnesium stearate, stearic acid, croscarmellose sodium, cellulose and silicon, dioxide.

Ancient Strenth Warning:
Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if safety seal is damaged or missing. Store in cool, dry place.

Get your Ancient Strength here!

References:

1. Clinical Pharmacology of the Dietary Supplement Creatine Monohydrate.Adam M. Persky and Gayle A. Brazeau. Review.
2. Creatine supplementation and athletic performance.Racette SB.J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2003 Oct;33(10):615-21. Review.PMID: 14620790 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
3. The effects of 8 weeks of creatine monohydrate and glutamine supplementation on body composition and performance measures.Lehmkuhl M, Malone M, Justice B, Trone G, Pistilli E, Vinci D, Haff EE, Kilgore JL, Haff GG.J Strength Cond Res. 2003 Aug;17(3):425-38.PMID: 12930166 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
4. Clinical pharmacology of the dietary supplement creatine monohydratePersky AM, Brazeau GA.Pharmacol Rev. 2001 Jun;53(2):161-76. Review.PMID: 11356982 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
5. Effect of in-season creatine supplementation on body composition and performance in rugby union football players.Chilibeck PD, Magnus C, Anderson M.Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2007 Dec;32(6):1052-7.PMID: 18059577 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
6. Burke, D.G., et al. (2008). Effect of creatine supplementation and resistance exercise training on muscle insulinlike growth factor in young adults. Int J Sports Nutr Exerc Metab. 18:389-398.
7. Nutr Rev.2006 Feb;64(2 Pt 1):80-8.Creatine monohydrate as a therapeutic aid in muscular dystrophy.Pearlman JP, Fielding RANutrition, Exercise Physiology, and Sarcopenia Laboratory, Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
8. Is the use of oral creatine supplementation safe? Bizzarini E, De Angelis L.J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2004 Dec;44(4):411-6. Review.PMID: 15758854 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Pretty cool packaging- and I like creatine phosphate as an extra phosphate source, especially post-workout- it can be a pain in the ass to work with, though...

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also worth adding:

Creatine Pyruvate​

Creatine is one of the most effective (and widely used) sports nutrition supplement in the world. It is found in high concentrations in foods such as red meat, and since its introduction to the athletic community in the ‘90s, it has quickly become a must-have supplement in everyone’s regimen. Here’s how it works:
When muscles are forced to work, as with any form of exercise or sport, Adenosine TriPhosphate (ATP) loses a phosphate molecule to create energy, and becomes adenosine diphosphate (ADP). Although this energy is initially stored as ATP, it can rapidly be converted into into power. To continue producing work, the resulting ADP molecule must be turned back into ATP by the addition of another phosphate molecule. This means a recycling process must occur within the body, in order to insure continued energy production by muscles. Every thousand (1,000kcal) calories of food you consume can produce 72 kilograms of ATP – yet the human body – even the body of a top triathelete or distance runner - stores far less than half a kilogram at any given time.
Orally ingested creatine aids this recycling process because it is stored as creatine phosphate, and by lending a phosphate molecule to ADP, it provides your body with the ability to continue doing work and sustain muscular output (1). This can produce increases in both strength as well as lean body mass when, when used in conjunction with proper training (2-3).

Although creatine monohydrate – the first commercially marketed form of creatine - is a great product, it’s not perfect. The workhorse of the compound is the creatine, not the single hydrogen atom (the monohydrate) found in each molecule. By simply bonding creatine to something else – something that has synergy with the creatine molecule – a more effective version of creatine can be produced.
Pyruvate has the ability to enhance the transport of both glucose and protein into muscle cells, thereby increasing the amount of available ATP. As you may recall, ATP is converted into energy to produce power for your muscles to contract. It is also is the compound which initiates the energy cycle leading to the production of ATP substrates and precursors.

Pyruvate, like creatine, is naturally occurring in our food supply, and can be found in or substances such as red apples, red wine, dark beers (stouts, porters, etc…), and certain cheeses.

Obviously, creatine bonded with pyruvate is a scientifically-valid idea, and a great combination. Furthermore, when examined against placebo, creatine pyruvate has been shown to result in a greater mean power output in test subjects. However, unlike creatine, pyruvate supplementation has been proven in numerous studies not to work. Alone, it just doesn’t do much of anything.

When combined with creatine, however, creatine pyruvate (CrPyr) can produce a higher peak creatine concentration in the body than creatine monohydrate (CrM) (4) or creatine citrate (CrC) (5) for that matter. This higher peak creatine level has additionally been shown to translate to more muscle gained, more fat lost, increased strength and power, and improved performance (4). Pyruvate is similar to a turbo charger for an engine – it doesn’t do much on its own, but when you attach it to an engine, you end up with twice as much horsepower. That’s exactly what happens when you combine pyruvate with creatine.

A landmark study on creatine pyruvate was performed on 42 American Football players, where the compound was examined versus creatine (a non-pyruvate version), pyruvate, and placebo, to determine its effects on body mass, body composition, and performance over the course of 50 weeks. The placebo group experienced no significant effects – which isn’t surprising. Pyruvate (alone) did almost nothing to increase performance or muscular size. Creatine (also alone) had a significant effect on muscular size and strength. Lastly, in the creatine + pyruvate group, researchers saw a huge increase in the football players’ performance, strength, and markers of muscular size and bodyweight, as well as a substantial decrease in body fat. Put more simply, creatine + pyruvate outperforms creatine in every area: size, strength, and performance. It even burns fat more efficiently. (4)

Of course, pyruvate isn’t the only thing we’ve seen combined with creatine to make a new compound – such as the aforementioned creatine citrate. A more recent study compared creatine pyruvate to creatine citrate, and while both worked, the pyruvate version worked better. The researchers attributed this to the idea that the muscles may use pyruvate as a fuel, and that creatine pyruvate might benefit endurance, due to enhanced activity of the aerobic metabolism.(5)

Of course, many forms of creatine have not worked out as well as creatine pyruvate. There was Creatine Ethyl-Ester, which although it was touted as superior to creatine monohydrate, was eventually proven not to be (6). The same claim was made for PEGylated creatine, and once again, it was found to be inferior (7). Even adding D-Pinitol didn’t produce greater results (despite advertised claims to the contrary). (8)

Fortunately, for the end consumer, the price of creatine pyruvate is similar to creatine monohydrate, and still far cheaper than other, less effective, versions.

References:

Clinical Pharmacology of the Dietary Supplement Creatine Monohydrate. Adam M. Persky and Gayle A. Brazeau. Review.
Creatine supplementation and athletic performance.Racette SB.J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2003 Oct;33(10):615-21. Review.PMID: 14620790 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
The effects of 8 weeks of creatine monohydrate and glutamine supplementation on body composition and performance measures.Lehmkuhl M, Malone M, Justice B, Trone G, Pistilli E, Vinci D, Haff EE, Kilgore JL, Haff GG.J Strength Cond Res. 2003 Aug;17(3):425-38.PMID: 12930166 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Int J Sport Nutr. 1999 Jun;9(2):146-65.Effects of in-season (5 weeks) creatine and pyruvate supplementation on anaerobic performance and body composition in American football players.Stone MH, Sanborn K, Smith LL, O'Bryant HS, Hoke T, Utter AC, Johnson RL, Boros R, Hruby J, Pierce KC, Stone ME, Garner B.Exercise Science Department, Appalachian State University, Boone, NC 28608, USA.
J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2007; 4: 17. Comparison of new forms of creatine in raising plasma creatine levelsPublished online 2007 November 12. doi: 10.1186/1550-2783-4-17. Copyright © 2007 Jäger et al; licensee BioMed Central Ltd.
The effects of creatine ethyl ester supplementation combined with heavy resistance training on body composition, muscle performance, and serum and muscle creatine levels.Spillane M, Schoch R, Cooke M, Harvey T, Greenwood M,Kreider R, Willoughby DS.J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2009 Feb 19;6:6.PMID: 19228401 [PubMed - in process]
Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research. 23(3):818-826, May 2009.
Herda, Trent J 1; Beck, Travis W 1; Ryan, Eric D 1; Smith, Abbie E 1; Walter, Ashley A 1; Hartman, Michael J 2; Stout, Jeffrey R 1; Cramer, Joel T 1
J Strength Cond Res. 2009 Dec;23(9):2673-82.The effects of creatine monohydrate supplementation with and without D-pinitol on resistance training adaptations.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pretty cool packaging- and I like creatine phosphate as an extra phosphate source, especially post-workout- it can be a pain in the ass to work with, though...
It's a great combination and I also love having a capped version just to have on the go. Especially if I'm not slamming an isolate shake immediately post, that has my creatine in it, I can just leave a bottle in my gym bag so I don't forget it :cool2:

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Beast Pre-Workout stack -

2 scoops N2KTS(I like Grape)
2 Ancient Strength
3 Attack

Try it and you will not be let down. Trust me. I was amazed from the Pumps/Energy/Focus/Stanima/Endurance/Strength. Did I cover everything? :D

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

2 Ancient Strength
3 Attack

Try it and you will not be let down. Trust me. I was amazed from the Pumps/Energy/Focus/Stanima/Endurance/Strength. Did I cover everything? :D
Yes, didn't it also improve your looks and scent? Were women throwing themselves at you as you walked by, even falling off treadmills and whatnot?

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, didn't it also improve your looks and scent? Were women throwing themselves at you as you walked by, even falling off treadmills and whatnot?
Nope, that's just cause I'm a P.I.M.P.:yup:

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

2 Ancient Strength
3 Attack

I like this idea...:firedevil:

Going to give this a try myself soon...:yup:

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established

2 Ancient Strength
3 Attack

X2, Ive ran something very similar and had great results. But only 1 scoup of N2KTS tho

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
Hands down I always go back to standard creatine like this. There is always new kinds out there but this to me is true and blue.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established

2 Ancient Strength
3 Attack

definitely going to have to give this a shot next month.....but maybe do 6 Attack :D

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hands down I always go back to standard creatine like this. There is always new kinds out there but this to me is true and blue.

Yeh I know what you mean. I decided to try out creatine ethyl ester (CEE) a while back instead of mono and that stuff if nasty and it was too hard to choke down. I tried it in shakes, preworkout, mixed in a drink....still nasty.

I still have the whole tub minus a couple servings and just went back to mono

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
Yeh I know what you mean. I decided to try out creatine ethyl ester (CEE) a while back instead of mono and that stuff if nasty and it was too hard to choke down. I tried it in shakes, preworkout, mixed in a drink....still nasty.

I still have the whole tub minus a couple servings and just went back to mono
My motto if its been around awhile it probably works, plus a good company like this means they have good raws which make it a total win

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My motto if its been around awhile it probably works, plus a good company like this means they have good raws which make it a total win

I have always thought that not all creatine is created equal and Ancient Strength is certainly a great one!

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hope people get a chance to try this out with Attack and N2KTS. Great opportunity at this particular time!

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
for those who have not tried ancient strength and attack, pairing them Pre WO gives a great pump, add a scoup of N2KTS and good to go.

All three products are really different than the others you may have tried, trust me

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
for those who have not tried ancient strength and attack, pairing them Pre WO gives a great pump, add a scoup of N2KTS and good to go.

All three products are really different than the others you may have tried, trust me
Attack+Ancient Strength + N2KTS = :woohoo: