OutkastJoe's Needtobuildmuscle Contest Log

outkastjoe

Awards
Okay here it goes.
I am 33 5'5" I weigh 170 as of this morning. I do have a basically sedentary job right now until I get back in the field.
I am currently getting my diet in check and hitting the gym.
I have been going steadily for since last year and figured this would be an extra incentive to get my ass in gear. I have committed to a run a 5k(Warrior Dash) with my son in April 3rd so I hope to be looking good when I do this and run it in less than 50 minutes.
I have been experimenting with a CKD type of diet and tracking it.
fatsecret.com/Diary.aspx?pa=mdc&id=575160

I am still finding experimenting with it but I plan to at least do it for a few more weeks to see if I like the results.

Here are the pics taken this morning on my crappy cellphone camera.

Need to get my post count up before I can link the pics.

i52.tinypic.com/289wz00.jpg
i54.tinypic.com/20sgcq1.jpg
i52.tinypic.com/10ppt8i.jpg

Last edited:
RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in for the ride! Good luck to you!!

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
Okay here it goes.
I am 33 5'5" I weigh 170 as of this morning. I do have a basically sedentary job right now until I get back in the field.
I am currently getting my diet in check and hitting the gym.
I have been going steadily for since last year and figured this would be an extra incentive to get my ass in gear. I have committed to a run a 5k(Warrior Dash) with my son in April 3rd so I hope to be looking good when I do this and run it in less than 50 minutes.
I have been experimenting with a CKD type of diet and tracking it.
fatsecret.com/Diary.aspx?pa=mdc&id=575160

I am still finding experimenting with it but I plan to at least do it for a few more weeks to see if I like the results.

Here are the pics taken this morning on my crappy cellphone camera.

Need to get my post count up before I can link the pics.

Here you go man, gl with the contest.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck, on this and the Warrior Dash!

outkastjoe

Awards
Okay so far last week I have tried to maintain this CKD type of diet and man is it hard when you run out of the right type of food like I did this weekend. Wifey can tell you I am a bitch when I don't eat right or go to the gym.
I am pretty tired when I go to the gym I am thinking this diet might be the culprit. I am gonna stick with this for another week so I hit 4 weeks.
Monday was Chest/Tri's
BB Bench Press 205lbsx4x8reps
DB Incline 80lbsx4x8
Dips BWx4x15Reps
Cable Flies 35lbsx4x10
Triceps press-downs 100lbs4x20

Tuesday Cardio Elliptical 10 min warmup stretch treadmill 30 minutes 1.5 minutes run/jog 1 minute walk

Wednesday Back and Bi's
Lat pull downs 170x4x10Reps
DB Rows 80lbsx4x8reps
Dead-lifts 150x4x10reps
Curls 80lbsx10 70lbsx8 60lbsx8 50lbsx6 40x8
reverse grip curls 30x8 20x5 couldn't really hold the bar after these and my forearms were killing me.

Thursday Cardio did a jog/walk with wifey around our neighborhood until the cow stench drifted in. Probably about 45 minutes.

Fri Legs and a lil bit of shoulders.
Leg extensions 150x4x 10,8,8,10
Leg curls 100x4x10,8,6,3( I always cramp up on these)
Leg Press 360lbsx4x10reps last on was 8
Standing Military Press 100lbs x4x10( I was really shakey on this since I usually do seated dumbbells. I wanted to try something different.
Since I had a late workout I had to run home and change into warm clothes and start shuttling my son's friends up to the hills behind the house to start a night hike. I only got to go about a mile and half before we had to turn around to take a few back the house. I was carrying my 5 year old almost the whole way. I didn't get to bed until 2am. Pretty fun night.

Saturday I had to make breakfast for the kids that stayed the night and the we got ready for Monster Jam. No workout except for the walking up to the crappy nosebleed seats went up and down about 5 times for snacks and potty breaks. I had 3 girls that needed potty breaks. ANd we raced down at the end I carried my daughter the whole way.

Sunday was recovery from the weekend. And a very big food shortage in our house. I ended up going to the store and getting dinner a 630 pm you gotta love them whole chickens at the grocery store dinner was ready by 7pm. Chicken and vegetables for me yum.

outkastjoe

Awards
Tried ti go to the gym tonight but Wifey was sick so I got to be husbitch tonight. Planning on an am workout before work. Plus I felt really tired and lethargic. Maybe this low carb thing is really getting to me.

outkastjoe

Awards
Had an early Workout this morning 530-7. It's kinda funny I wake up early to go to the gym but I don't get up early for work.
I plan on PM cardio with the wifey.
Cardio 30 minutes on the elliptical
BB bench Press 135x2x10 185x1x10 205x3x8,6,4
DB Incline 65x2x10 75x4x10,8,10,6
Dips BWx4x15
Cable Flies 35x4x10
tricep press 90x4x20

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Had an early Workout this morning 530-7. It's kinda funny I wake up early to go to the gym but I don't get up early for work.I plan on PM cardio with the wifey.
Cardio 30 minutes on the elliptical
BB bench Press 135x2x10 185x1x10 205x3x8,6,4
DB Incline 65x2x10 75x4x10,8,10,6
Dips BWx4x15
Cable Flies 35x4x10
tricep press 90x4x20
Its a lot easier to get up for something you WANT to do :lmao:

Great workouts BTW!! Keep killin it!!

outkastjoe

Awards
PM Cardio
10 min. warm up on elliptical
Stretch
25 minutes on treadmill run 90 sec walk 2 minutes. I got shin splints during this from running to slow or old shoes. It kinda went away when I turned speed up higher.
crunch machine 60x3x20 started cramping so I stopped
leg lifts and flutter kicks 3 sets of 15 then cramp.

outkastjoe

Awards
Wednesday PM
Cardio Elliptical 5 minutes level 5
Stretch
Treadmill 25 minutes run 90sec walk 60

Weights
Lat pulldowns 150x10,10,8,12
Seated Rows 150x4x10
DB Rows 70x4x8
Deadlifts135x4x10
DB curls 25x12,10,8,6
BB curls 40x3x7,6,4
Reverse grip BB Curls 40x3x8,5,3 then it fell out of my grip.

My forearms get really tight and it kind of felt like shin splints but in my forearms. Does this happen to anybody else?

outkastjoe

Awards
Thursday
Elliptical 15 minutes level 5
Stretch
Leg Press 90x20,90x20,180x10,270x10,360x10,270x10,180x10,90x15
Leg extension130x4x12
Leg Curl 105x3x8(Cramped up again on this)
Seated Calf Raise 180x4x20

After this I was done for the night. Drove about 3+ hours to be at work at 730 AM. I got my wish to go back in the field if even for a day. 6 Hours on the road is no fun.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wednesday PM
Cardio Elliptical 5 minutes level 5
Stretch
Treadmill 25 minutes run 90sec walk 60

Weights
Lat pulldowns 150x10,10,8,12
Seated Rows 150x4x10
DB Rows 70x4x8
Deadlifts135x4x10
DB curls 25x12,10,8,6
BB curls 40x3x7,6,4
Reverse grip BB Curls 40x3x8,5,3 then it fell out of my grip.

My forearms get really tight and it kind of felt like shin splints but in my forearms. Does this happen to anybody else?
Reverse grip curls can really test grip and forearm strength, especially on heavier sets. Any time I have done them heavy my forearms are on fire which is why I save them for end of the workout.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Reverse grip curls can really test grip and forearm strength, especially on heavier sets. Any time I have done them heavy my forearms are on fire which is why I save them for end of the workout.
sounds like a killer workout fo sure

outkastjoe

Awards
Wow work and family time have really took a toll on Gym Time. Driving back forth to Los Nageles is no joke man. Easily doing 5+ hours on the road. I am only able to work out after the kids have gone to bed sometimes earlier if the kids are being good. Will update the log soon.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow work and family time have really took a toll on Gym Time. Driving back forth to Los Nageles is no joke man. Easily doing 5+ hours on the road. I am only able to work out after the kids have gone to bed sometimes earlier if the kids are being good. Will update the log soon.
Let us know and update when you can bud. Life may be busy, just find the time to KTS!!

outkastjoe

Awards
Alright it has been awhile work is very good. Energy Management and building Automation is picking up!
Anyways I have been still hitting it. I have been going steadily when I can.
Today was Chest.
Cardio Warm-up 10 minutes
Bench Press
95x20
135x15
225x6
245x5
225x4
DB Incline
75x10x4
Cable Flies
70x10x4
Dips
BWx20
BWx20
BWx15

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
good to hear your still killing ****.hang tough its def worth it.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Its good to see that you are still alive and well. We were about to put your before pics on a milk carton!! Lol

Keep killing it as much as you can and keep us in the loop bro..

outkastjoe

Awards
Yeah I had a good spotter and actually got a great workout in last night. It was the most I have ever done on the flat bench. I am still walking around with a **** eating grin today.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I had a good spotter and actually got a great workout in last night. It was the most I have ever done on the flat bench. I am still walking around with a **** eating grin today.
I love those kinda days

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hitting PRs on bench has a way of doing that to you. You end up feeling pretty damn good all day. :)

outkastjoe

Awards
Okay lately my motivation has been going away. My workout partner has had some family issues so I haven't really had a good spotter for awhile. Regardless I have been pushing on. Lifting 3x a week and cardio when I can fit it in. Today I am rededicating myself. I know I probably won't win this comp. There are some pretty amazing people doing this that deserve it more than me for the amount of work they put into it.
Well on to the good stuff.
Monday
Cardio 30 minutes eliptical
BB Bench
Bar x 20,135x10,185x10,225x8,7,5,3.5( Barely made it to the bottom rung)
Incline DB
65x12x4 was pretty much beat after BB Bench.
Machine Flies
80x12, 100x12, 160x12, 205x10x2 ( Never use this machine and it sucked)

After Bench I was pretty beat. I was kind of worried because I have only worked out with this weight 3 other times and each of those was with a spotter. But I gain major confidence each time I do it alone. I am pretty freaking stoked to be here doing this weight.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay lately my motivation has been going away. My workout partner has had some family issues so I haven't really had a good spotter for awhile. Regardless I have been pushing on. Lifting 3x a week and cardio when I can fit it in. Today I am rededicating myself. I know I probably won't win this comp. There are some pretty amazing people doing this that deserve it more than me for the amount of work they put into it.
Well on to the good stuff.
Monday
Cardio 30 minutes eliptical
BB Bench
Bar x 20,135x10,185x10,225x8,7,5,3.5( Barely made it to the bottom rung)
Incline DB
65x12x4 was pretty much beat after BB Bench.
Machine Flies
80x12, 100x12, 160x12, 205x10x2 ( Never use this machine and it sucked)

After Bench I was pretty beat. I was kind of worried because I have only worked out with this weight 3 other times and each of those was with a spotter. But I gain major confidence each time I do it alone. I am pretty freaking stoked to be here doing this weight.
good to hear your getting yourself back on track.nice work pushing through the workout.