Milas' Needtobuildmuscle Contest Log. NeedToBuildMuscle & MrSupps

Page 6 of 20 First ... 4567811 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.

Looks like you are doing what you need to do in order to reach your goals. Good job and keep it up.

2. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    Great workout bud and good to see ya breaking through the sickness

KTS!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onlychevy6 View Post
    Looks like you are doing what you need to do in order to reach your goals. Good job and keep it up.
    Thanks, I don't have a workout partner, so it really helps to have the support of the boards! Makes me want to bring my A game, and hit the weights even more. I want to post big numbers and have a good transformation!
  3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    Day 17:

10 caps Nitrozine
    4 caps Con-Crete
    1 rounded scoop Mesomorph
    2 tabs Boladrol AM, 1 tab afternoon, 1 tab PM
    12.5mg Ostarine

Back:

Deadlift: 135 x 10; 225 x 10; 315 x 10; 405 x 5; 455 x 3; 515 x 1; 455 x 2; 455 x 2; 315 x 10

Bent Over BB Rows: 135 x 10; 185 x 10; 205 x 10; 225 x 8

One Arm DB Row: 100 x 12 (3 sets)

Low Pulley Cable Row: 180 x 10; 200 x 10; 220 x 8; 240 x 8

Face Pull: 85 x 10; 120 x 10; 140 x 8; 140 x 8

Light ab work

Hell yeah, new PR on DL's! The 515lbs was a struggle to lock out, but some old guy was watching me so I had to do it! I felt quite strong this morning, doing 455 x 3 before the 515 was also a PR, I usually have a hard time getting it once! I'm hoping next week I can get 525, and maybe do 475 x 3 too. Psyched for next week!

Back felt nice and full. After all the rows, I couldn't do pull ups, I was just too spent. I did some face pulls instead, which I rarely do. I want to increase back width, and get more lat spread. Any good ideas how to target lat spread?

A side note on the Boladrol. It seems to give me diarhea after I take it. This morning I had to go before heading to the gym. Last thing I want is to be squeezing out a DL and shoot sh!t all over the floor!!! It'd be like those DL puke videos, but somewhat nastier!

8mg on Boladrol seems to be treating me better as well. I wish I knew this starting out, I would've done 8mg the entire time...
    congrats on the pr. wide grip behind the neck pulldowns.
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    congrats on the pr. wide grip behind the neck pulldowns.
    Thanks, I go wide on just about all my back work like pull ups and pull downs, and even rows. I usually just do pull downs in front, but I'll give it a shot behind the neck. Appreciate the comments!
  5. Registered User

Thanks, I go wide on just about all my back work like pull ups and pull downs, and even rows. I usually just do pull downs in front, but I'll give it a shot behind the neck. Appreciate the comments!
    the positioning of behind the neck really works the lats. try it with just your arms and see what i mean.
  6. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

the positioning of behind the neck really works the lats. try it with just your arms and see what i mean.
    I see, and look silly in my office at the same time
  7. Registered User

I see, and look silly in my office at the same time
    probably not the first time, lol.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.

If you have tight shoulders i would NOT recommend doing behind the neck pull downs. In most people, behind the neck pull downs will force your humerus into anterior rotation. This puts all kinds of added stress onto the glenohumeral joint, which is definitely not good. The best way for me to hit my lats is through Pull Ups. When you do them, really arch your back hard and try to touch your nips to the bar. IF you do them right, you will feel your lats cramping after like 3 reps. If you don't feel it in your lats, you aren't arching back hard enough and your pulling with your arms. Think about pulling back with your elbows, not just pulling yourself up.
    Need2 Transformation Progress http://anabolicminds.com/forum/needtobuildmuscle-mrsupps/167648-legacyfighters-needtobuildmuscle-contest.html
  9. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

probably not the first time, lol.
    Nor the last!
  10. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Legacyfighter View Post
    If you have tight shoulders i would NOT recommend doing behind the neck pull downs. In most people, behind the neck pull downs will force your humerus into anterior rotation. This puts all kinds of added stress onto the glenohumeral joint, which is definitely not good. The best way for me to hit my lats is through Pull Ups. When you do them, really arch your back hard and try to touch your nips to the bar. IF you do them right, you will feel your lats cramping after like 3 reps. If you don't feel it in your lats, you aren't arching back hard enough and your pulling with your arms. Think about pulling back with your elbows, not just pulling yourself up.
    Thanks, I'll give that a shot too. That's been a complaint of mine that pull ups never seemed to hit my lats too well. I knew it was a form issue, but figured I would focus on other areas.

I'll see how the behind the neck stuff works, as well as more emphasis on arching my back for pullups. I have a bar at home, so I'll try it out. Now with my weight up, I feel myself cramping after only a few anyway!
  11. Registered User
    Board Sponsor

great advice here I might have to start doing that again
  12. Registered User

Thanks, I'll give that a shot too. That's been a complaint of mine that pull ups never seemed to hit my lats too well. I knew it was a form issue, but figured I would focus on other areas.

I'll see how the behind the neck stuff works, as well as more emphasis on arching my back for pullups. I have a bar at home, so I'll try it out. Now with my weight up, I feel myself cramping after only a few anyway!
    i been doing behind the back pulldowns since the late 80's. they were very popular at the gym i was going to then-results are very good you can feel it in lats, no doubt. i bet being on cycle with creatine nitrate they will pop out nicely.
  13. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

i been doing behind the back pulldowns since the late 80's. they were very popular at the gym i was going to then-results are very good you can feel it in lats, no doubt. i bet being on cycle with creatine nitrate they will pop out nicely.
    Thanks, I'm hoping I'll get to the gym tonight to try it out, depending on how my wife is feeling...
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

I agree they do hit the lats very good. I rotate behind the neck pulldowns in my back routine every 2 or 3 weeks. I've never had a problem from doing them, but I'm not saying some wont either
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Lat flaring is also a very genetics imposed gift. Two things effect how wide your lats look, beside the obvious of a thin waste line. Long clavicles which gives you a wide shoulder-length, from shoulder to shoulder and low insertion points of the lats.

Pro bodybuilder Dennis Wolf is notorious for his high lat insertions, which is his number one downfall for his back poses.

That said, I love behind the neck lat pull downs/pull ups. The resistance feels more vertical, whereas, regular pull downs/pull ups, involves a bit of retraction, particularly if body english is involved, which is much more prevalent with facing, then behind the neck.

Keep it up Milas!!!
    NSCA - CSCS
  16. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Thanks, didn't make it to the gym tonight, but maybe I'll just hit the treadmill instead and do some pull ups (behind the neck) and pushups.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Thanks, didn't make it to the gym tonight, but maybe I'll just hit the treadmill instead and do some pull ups (behind the neck) and pushups.
    nothing wrong with a little ghetto fitness.
    NSCA - CSCS
  18. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Lat flaring is also a very genetics imposed gift. Two things effect how wide your lats look, beside the obvious of a thin waste line. Long clavicles which gives you a wide shoulder-length, from shoulder to shoulder and low insertion points of the lats.

Pro bodybuilder Dennis Wolf is notorious for his high lat insertions, which is his number one downfall for his back poses.

That said, I love behind the neck lat pull downs/pull ups. The resistance feels more vertical, whereas, regular pull downs/pull ups, involves a bit of retraction, particularly if body english is involved, which is much more prevalent with facing, then behind the neck.

Keep it up Milas!!!
    good info. glad you agree!!!
  19. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

nothing wrong with a little ghetto fitness.
    My son helps sitting on my back for pushups and holds onto my legs for pullups!
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

My son helps sitting on my back for pushups and holds onto my legs for pullups!
    Kids are great for that My daughter does the same thing, and the bonus is you get more resistance as they age and get heavier.
    Recoverbro Elite
  21. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    Kids are great for that My daughter does the same thing, and the bonus is you get more resistance as they age and get heavier.
    you get more resistance from them as they get older, period, lol.
  22. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

I am afraid of what my son will be like as a teenager... Thank goodness for Boarding Schools!
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Agreed...well said! I know all too well having a 16 yr. old of my own..lol
    Recoverbro Elite
  24. Registered User

I am afraid of what my son will be like as a teenager... Thank goodness for Boarding Schools!
    nah, if you keep em in line when they are young they will respect you as they get older. it's the parents who let em run wild when they are young that have trouble when they get older.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

nah, if you keep em in line when they are young they will respect you as they get older. it's the parents who let em run wild when they are young that have trouble when they get older.
    Amen...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  26. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Day 22: off

Day 23: Back

10 caps nitrozine
    8 caps creatine nitrate
    3 caps Con-Crete
    2 tabs Boladrol AM, 1 afternoon, 1 PM
    15mg+ Ostarine

Back:

Deadlift:
    135 x 10
    225 x 10
    315 x 5
    405 x 5
    475 x 2
    525 x 1
    455 x 2
    455 x 3
    455 x 2
    405 x 5
    315 x 10

Smith One Arm Row superset with Smith Barbell Row:
    110 x 5 / 110 x 10
    110 x 5 / 160 x 10
    110 x 7 / 160 x 10
    110 x 7 / 205 x 8

Behind Neck Lat Pulldown
    120 x 10
    140 x 10
    160 x 10
    180 x 8
    200 x 8

Standing rope crunch: 5 sets

I should just change it to "Deadlift Day" instead of back day!

I woke up feeling sick, and had bubble gut as I was getting to the gym. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get in a good back workout, let alone PR in DL's. Well, after I got started my mind/muscle connection kicked in and I forgot about my stomach (also after visiting the head).

The 525lb DL seems to be as high as I'll be able to go for now. I had a real struggle locking it out. It took a good 5 seconds or more to get the lift done. Doesn't sound like much time, but it feel like an eternity and I considered bailing! I was trying for a triple on the 475, but only got 2 since I didn't want to push the last rep so I could shoot for the 525. Energy well spent IMO!

The behind the neck pull downs weren't all too odd or different for me. Perhaps I need to move it up in my rotation so I'm a little bit fresher, but I didn't feel it in my lats as much as I had hoped.

Overall, a good back day, I feel very full in my back. I think I just have high lat insertion, so my spread isn't too good :sadpanda:. However, I'll take a 525lb DL and move on to next week.
  27. Registered User

Day 22: off

Day 23: Back

10 caps nitrozine
    8 caps creatine nitrate
    3 caps Con-Crete
    2 tabs Boladrol AM, 1 afternoon, 1 PM
    15mg+ Ostarine

Back:

Deadlift:
    135 x 10
    225 x 10
    315 x 5
    405 x 5
    475 x 2
    525 x 1
    455 x 2
    455 x 3
    455 x 2
    405 x 5
    315 x 10

Smith One Arm Row superset with Smith Barbell Row:
    110 x 5 / 110 x 10
    110 x 5 / 160 x 10
    110 x 7 / 160 x 10
    110 x 7 / 205 x 8

Behind Neck Lat Pulldown
    120 x 10
    140 x 10
    160 x 10
    180 x 8
    200 x 8

Standing rope crunch: 5 sets

I should just change it to "Deadlift Day" instead of back day!

I woke up feeling sick, and had bubble gut as I was getting to the gym. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get in a good back workout, let alone PR in DL's. Well, after I got started my mind/muscle connection kicked in and I forgot about my stomach (also after visiting the head).

The 525lb DL seems to be as high as I'll be able to go for now. I had a real struggle locking it out. It took a good 5 seconds or more to get the lift done. Doesn't sound like much time, but it feel like an eternity and I considered bailing! I was trying for a triple on the 475, but only got 2 since I didn't want to push the last rep so I could shoot for the 525. Energy well spent IMO!

The behind the neck pull downs weren't all too odd or different for me. Perhaps I need to move it up in my rotation so I'm a little bit fresher, but I didn't feel it in my lats as much as I had hoped.

Overall, a good back day, I feel very full in my back. I think I just have high lat insertion, so my spread isn't too good :sadpanda:. However, I'll take a 525lb DL and move on to next week.
    hell yeah!!! you got the 525 you were shooting for!!! btw-don't give up on the
    behind the back pulldowns-it was the 1st time, for petes sake, lol.
  28. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Not going to give up, just thinking about how to make it better. I was doing behind the neck pullups last night and could feel it a little better. I just need to do it more often I think...

But I want results NOW damnit!!!
  29. Registered User

Not going to give up, just thinking about how to make it better. I was doing behind the neck pullups last night and could feel it a little better. I just need to do it more often I think...

But I want results NOW damnit!!!
    the bodybuilder motto: i want what i want when i want it......lol.

i have zero petience. when i get something in my head i become obssesed until i get it.
  30. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

i have zero petience. when i get something in my head i become obssesed until i get it.
    Explains your infatuation with APS!
  31. Registered User

Explains your infatuation with APS!
    yes, infatuation, obsession, it's all good, lol. the products are just dammed good, what can i say....
  32. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

yes, infatuation, obsession, it's all good, lol. the products are just dammed good, what can i say....
  33. Registered User
    Board Sponsor

damn u guys beat me to the batman pics.looking good milly...no homo
  34. Registered User

thats a heck of a lot of deadliftin!! talk about maning up!!!!!!!!!
  35. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Well, last night I felt like CRAP! >100 degree temperature and just feeling rotten. I slept horribly, coughing all night and choking up phlem. This flu that I thought I had broken is coming back with a vengeance! I guess it didn't like my deadlifts...

I took this morning off, hoping to recover more before hitting the gym again. I may try to just do some LISS cardio instead for the next few days to sweat out the germs.

This flu has kicked my whole family's ass!
  36. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by tops2heavy View Post
    thats a heck of a lot of deadliftin!! talk about maning up!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks, my back is sore as hell right now. Even going to bed last night I could feel it tightening up! The best feeling though is stretching out and feeling the vertabrate decompress!

Really, I don't know how people like Tomahawk do it deadlifting >650lbs!
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Nice job on the deadlifts! and you're the only other person I've seen on here who does One Arm Smith Barbell Rows. I love those.
    NSCA - CSCS
  38. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Nice job on the deadlifts! and you're the only other person I've seen on here who does One Arm Smith Barbell Rows. I love those.
    That's because I stole the idea!

Yeah, my new gym only has DBs that go up to 100. It's a bit different doing the smith machine rows, but I'll get used to it. Felt pretty good once I got it a bit more figured out!
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

That's because I stole the idea!

Yeah, my new gym only has DBs that go up to 100. It's a bit different doing the smith machine rows, but I'll get used to it. Felt pretty good once I got it a bit more figured out!
    Ah nice . I like to lean against my knee Johnny Jackson style to help support my back on these. I also stand on the inside of the smith and plant my rear foot against the weight bumper to increase my stability.
    NSCA - CSCS
  40. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Ah nice . I like to lean against my knee Johnny Jackson style to help support my back on these. I also stand on the inside of the smith and plant my rear foot against the weight bumper to increase my stability.
    I pick things up, and put them down.
  •